» I am a female, I dont like Beards
4%
2 members | 0 guests
» I'm a man and I dont have a Beard
2%
1 members | 0 guests
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
2ak, Taqwah, umm-e-abdullah, sweetmuslimahk1, rizmalek, member2, ummi taalib, abu mohammed, Seifeddine-M, Yasin, Desi tadka, Taalibah, Arslan., Maria al-Qibtiyya, ibn Ismail, Naqshband66, dr76, byellow200, Jinn, bint e aisha, seeker123
11 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#46 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2011 14:22
Posted on 20th April 2006 08:26
Subject: Re: Who Am I?

umme_safiyyah wrote:
Assalamualikum

Quote:
40. The angels glorify Allah because of me, The difference between male and female can easily be seen through me, I come in different colours, Who am I?

Is the answer the sunnah beard?

Jazakhallah khair

The answer was "hair", but SubhanAllah.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#47 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2011 14:27
Posted on 15th July 2006 23:40
Subject: Never judge a book by its cover

Yasin wrote:
Assalamu Alaykum,

I just heard the most amazing thing and had to post this here. A brother I know spoke to someone recently who resembled Usamah Bin Laden, but a whiter version (probably Christian once). He had tattoos over his arm and porbably much more. He had a proper Sunnah beard and Zulfah (long hair). He said to him (probably as a joke), "Bruv, did anyone tell you that you look like Bin Laden?" The man answered with a smile, "Yea I have been told that. I'm a Mosque teacher."

He reverted to Islam some years before. Suprised with the answer, the brother said to the man, "So you're a Muslim, Subhaanallah. Brother how comes you don't remove the tattoos?"

The man replied, "Why would I remove the tattoos which would be so costly when I can spend that money in the path of Allah!"

He felt sincerety in that reply and I have to admit that if I was to see tattoos like that, it would never cross my mind that the reason he still has them is for a pure cause like that. May Allah reward his intentions and naturally remove those Tattoos through His infinite powers. Ameen

+3 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#48 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2011 14:34
Quote:
HIS PHYSICAL APPEARANCE
Author: Not Specified
Editor: ummi taalib
Category: Muhammad (s.a.w)

How fortunate were the Sahaabah who saw our Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam and spent time in his company observing his every action!

Since Islam forbids picture making there are no pictures of Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu'alayhi wasallam, however, we have been blessed with a complete record of not only his teachings and practices but also of his appearance.

'Ali (may Allah be pleased with him) gave a descriptive account of the physical appearance of our beloved Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam as did many other Sahaabah. The following is a compilation from "The Life of Perfection" by Abidullah Ghazi - IQRA' International Educational Foundation.

Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam was neither very tall nor very short, but was of average height. He was not of a heavy build.

His face was somewhat round. He had a red and white complexion. His pupils were dark black and his eyelashes long. His eyebrows were thin and unconnected; between them was a vein which appeared when he was displeased with something. He had a sharp, high luminous nose. His beard was thick and luxuriant, cheeks smooth, mouth wide, teeth small and separated from one another. His neck was distinguished looking.

His hair was neither very curly nor was it very straight, though it had some waviness in it. He would part the hair if it parted easily otherwise he allowed it to stay as it was. When his hair was long it reached the upper lobes of his ears.

The bones of his joints were strong and heavy. The space between his two shoulders was soft and fleshy. His body was moderate, proportionate and well built. He had wide shoulders and his bones were well set. The upper part of his body radiated when it was without clothes. A thin line of hair ran between his chest and navel.

When he walked he lifted his legs with power, as if descending from a higher to lower level. His feet touched the earth softly. He walked fast and took long steps.

His perspiration emitted a fragrance sweeter than musk. Between his shoulders was the Seal of Prophethood.

'Ali (may Allah be pleased with him) said, "He always had a smiling countenance. When he listened to someone, he gave his full attention. He had the most generous heart, most truthful tongue and most sweet temperament, and this kind-hearted person belonged to the noblest family.
Whoever saw him unexpectedly was awed and whoever became acquainted with him fell in love with him. Whoever wishes to describe him can only say: 'I have not seen anyone like him.'"

Jabir bin Sumurah said that he saw him on a full-moon night and he compared him with moon and found that he was brighter and more luminous than the moon.

Al-Bara' said, "He had the most handsome face and the best character "

'Ayesha (may Allah be pleased with her) would frequently say "The women cut their hands off when they were enchanted and captivated by the beauty of Yusuf alayhissalaam. Had they seen my beloved, they would have cut out their hearts
+3 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#49 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2011 14:45
mujahidah an nafs wrote:

From Inter-Islam:
The first nation ever to shave their beards was the nation to whom Allah the Almighty sent Sayyiduna Lut , the people of Sadoom ( Sodom). Hadhrat Hasan Basri reports a Hadeeth that the nation of Lut was punished for 10 sins they committed; the Prophet mentioned ?trimming the beard? from the 10 sins. These sins then resulted in severe punishments from Allah the Almighty as mentioned in the Holy Quran in numerous chapters. Gradually other nations also started to trim and shave their beards but were less in number. However in the 17th century, the King of Russia, Patrice propagated ?shaving of the beard? in Europe and was successful in his mission. In the 20th century, the Ottoman Empire collapsed and western influences swamped nations. By the mid 20th century, these influences had penetrated the Muslim world, which has gradually resulted on corrupting Muslims. Today, this is the reason why we see that most Muslims unfortunately either trim their beard or shave it off.
+3 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#50 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2011 14:49
mujahidah an nafs wrote:
In the aftermath of the Tsunami disaster, many Muslims attained the status of Shahadah (Martyrdom). Due to the excess amount of bodies it was difficult to identify each individual. Regarding Salat Ul-Janazah the problem arose that how will we be able to differentiate between a Muslim and non-Muslim? Finally, it was decided that the prayer would be lead upon those deceased who possessed beards. People in the world have hopes that people will benefit them after their death, by performing Salat Al-Janazah and carrying out other deeds. However, in a situation like this, would this be possible?
+4 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#51 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2011 14:52
mujahidah an nafs wrote:
Similarly in the grave when the deceased is asked, one of the questions is, "What would you say about this person" (Referring to the Prophet SAW) Some scholars are to the opinion that the Prophet SAW will be present in front of the deceased! How do you think the Prophet will react when he sees a person who has shaved his beard?
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#52 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2011 14:53
Allah the most wise has distinguished between men and women just as he has distinguished between the male and female animals; and the distinguishing feature in itself holds great beauty. Allah the almighty mentions some of his bounties he has bestowed upon Mankind, he says "He (Allah) fashioned you and perfected your shapes." Some scholars narrate a weak narration "Glory to the one who beautified the men with beards and the women with plaits". Allamah IbnAl-Qayyim explains, "The beard has many benefits, such as beauty and dignity."

In many Ahadeeth, the Prophet May Allah's peace and blessings be upon him has cursed men who imitate women and those women who imitate men. There is no doubt that shaving the beard is a clear imitation of a woman's face.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#53 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2011 14:53
The sin of shaving the beard is not only a Kabirah (Major) sin, but it is also Bagawah (open offence). The Prophet May Allah's peace and blessings be upon himsays, "My nation will be forgiven except those who sin in the night and then boast about their sin the following day." Although one may not boast about this sin verbally but indirectly, he will boast by showing his face to the people. Some sins are limited to the time of the act or omission, for example, Zina (adultery & fornication) is a grave sin; the sinner is sinning for the duration of that act. Whereas this sin's time remains for as long as the beard remains shaven or trimmed to less than a fist's length. The person will be regarded a sinner for every second his face is devoid of a proper beard, therefore sinning for that entire time span. This means it's severity aggregates and persists more than other sins.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#54 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2011 14:54
mujahidah an nafs wrote:
People claim to love the Prophet but still do not keep a beard. What kind of love is this? There was once a poet in the city of Delhi , Mirza Qateel, famous for praising the Prophet . An Iranian citizen decided to visit this poet assuming that he was a great pious scholar. On arriving in Delhi, he was informed that this poet has gone to the barbers. He proceeds towards the barbers and what does he see? The poet is having his beard shaved. He cries out "O" the one who claims to love the Prophet , you are shaving your beard!? The poet replies ?yes, but I am not hurting anyone?s feelings?, they continued their debate. Finally, the Iranian exclaimed, ?you claim that you are not hurting anyone?s feelings, I warn you that you are hurting the feelings of the one who is the leader in this world and the hereafter, the Prophet ?. On hearing this remark, he fainted, when he regained consciousness he accepted and admitted his mistake, repented to Allah, The most forgiving and thanked the Iranian for guiding him.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#55 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2011 14:55
People claim to love the Prophet May Allah's peace and blessings be upon himbut still do not keep a beard. What kind of love is this? There was once a poet in the city of Delhi , Mirza Qateel, famous for praising the Prophet May Allah's peace and blessings be upon him. A person decided to visit this poet assuming that he was a great pious scholar. On arriving in Delhi, he was informed that this poet has gone to the barbers. He proceeds towards the barbers and what does he see? The poet is having his beard shaved. He cries out "'O' the one who claims to love the Prophet May Allah's peace and blessings be upon him, you are shaving your beard!" The poet replies "yes, but I am not hurting anyone's feelings", they continued their debate. Finally, the person exclaimed, "you claim that you are not hurting anyone's feelings, I warn you that you are hurting the feelings of the one who is the leader in this world and the hereafter, the Prophet May Allah's peace and blessings be upon him". On hearing this remark, the poet fainted, when he regained consciousness he accepted and admitted his mistake, repented to Allah, The most forgiving and thanked the person for guiding him.

In reality when a person loves someone, he will fulfil every command of his. We cannot see the love a person possesses in his heart for someone except by his actions. We have been guided to judge people according to their apparent and visible actions. The Prophet May Allah's peace and blessings be upon him has repeatedly said, "I have not been ordered to cut open the hearts of people." (to see their intention) When a disbeliever recites the Shahadah, he will be classified as a Muslim, despite of what his beliefs are in reality. Thus if a person shaves his beard it cannot be judged that he loves the Prophet May Allah's peace and blessings be upon him. Nowadays we see the love people possess for celebrities and football players, which is evident; people are ready to dress the way they dress, live the way they live; emulating them in every way possible, so why is it that people are not ready to accept the Sunnah of the Prophet May Allah's peace and blessings be upon him?

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#56 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2011 14:56
Unfortunately, many Muslims nowadays mock and joke about the beard. If someone has a beard, he is labelled a 'beast'. To make a mockery of any minor order of the Shariah is KUFR without any doubt; the same applies to undermining a sin. The great Muhaddith Allamah Ahmad Ibn Muhammad Ibn Siddiq Al-Gimari says, "To mock the beard is KUFR with the consensus of all the Muslims". The consequences of this would be that the Nikah (Marriage) would invalidate and renewing the Imaan (faith) will be necessary.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#57 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2011 14:58
Fisabilillah wrote:

Asalamualaykum warahmatullah

"O Muslim brother! Why do you desire to look like a woman When your blessed facial hair is the differece between you and the opposite gender?"

So true... especially nowadays with all the pink and purple shirts brothers are starting to wear, and "etc" ...its pretty sad what this world has come to.... notice how 'fashion' only degrades people..yet some have this 'fashion sickness', Muslim brothers and sisters alike... The Sunnah is Salvation..implement it... inshaa'Allah.

"May Allah ta'ala bless us with the inclination to adhere to the Sunnah of His beloved habibullah. Ameen. "
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#58 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2011 14:59
Shaving the beard is an act of disobedience to Allah, as is expressed in the words of His Messenger (saw):

Abu Hurayrah رضي الله عنه, reported that the ruler of Yemen, appointed by the Persian emperor Kisra, sent two envoys to the Messenger (saw). When they came into the Prophets (saw) presence, he noticed that they had shaved their beards and let their moustaches grow big. Hating their ugly appearance, The Prophet (saw) turned his face away and said, "Woe be to you, who told you to do so?" They replied:"Our lord (Kisra) did!" The Messenger (saw) responded:"But my Lord, exalted and glorified be He, has commanded me to spare my beard and trim my moustache." [Recorded by Ibn Jarir at-Tabari, Ibn Sa'd, and Ibn Bishran]

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#59 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2011 15:00
Shaving the beard is an act of disobedience to the Messenger (saw) who commanded the men to spare their beards in many hadiths. Ibn Umar رضي الله عنه, reported that Allah's Messenger (saw) said:

"Closely trim the moustache, and spare the beard." [Al-Bukhari, Muslim and others].

Obeying the Messenger (salallahu alayhi wa sallam) is equivalent to obeying Allah:
"He who obeys the Messenger has obeyed Allah; and as for those who turn away: We have not sent you as a guardian over them." [An-Nisa 4:80]
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#60 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2011 15:01
Yasin wrote:
Quote:
so why do some have it removed??
According to a speech i heard, a man (muslim) has no reason to shave but that he's ashamed of it. And to say the truth, I fully agree that a Muslim has no excuse. And no matter what excuse they make, the truth is that he's ashamed of growing a beard.

No post ratings

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'Remote' written in?