» I am a female, I dont like Beards
4%
2 members | 0 guests
» I'm a man and I dont have a Beard
2%
1 members | 0 guests
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
2ak, Taqwah, umm-e-abdullah, sweetmuslimahk1, rizmalek, member2, ummi taalib, abu mohammed, Seifeddine-M, Yasin, Desi tadka, Taalibah, Arslan., Maria al-Qibtiyya, ibn Ismail, Naqshband66, dr76, byellow200, Jinn, bint e aisha, seeker123
11 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 12th April 2011 00:52
Talking of feminine, I was on holiday recently. My brother In law hadn't shaved for a couple of weeks and he grew a stuble out of laziness. One day when he had a bit of spare time, he decided to shave.

He came into the living room where the whole family were seated. My little daughter said to him, "you look like a lady". This caused him to get embarrassed and speechless. At this point, my son laughed out loud and said "dad, I see what you mean by half man & half woman". At this point the face was turning red so he looked towards his sister, my Mrs, and asked her what she thought. She couldn't contain her self and gestured with a lose hand indicating towards being gay.

report post quote code quick quote reply
+4 -0Like x 2Disagree x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 12th April 2011 01:06
When I decided to keep a beard, I got a lot of stick from my naan. She would tell me that I would never get a wife. After hearing this, I spoke to a brother from my local mosque about the silly remarks. He said to me "you are following the prophets sunnah, if Allah gave him 11 wives, ask your naan, wouldn't Allah give you at least one wife. Alhumdulillah, my m however said that if I was doing it out of fashion then she wasn't happy for me to grow a beard, but if I was doing it for sunnah, then she wouldn't go against my will.
+3 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Sister
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 12th April 2011 09:46
Dr. Shahid Athar narrates:

Quote:
The happiest incident connected with my beard happened when I was in a New York hotel.
I ordered a plain omelet for breakfast.
The American waitress, looked at me and said " You look like a Muslim, and I know this omelet is not plain. It has ham in it, so would you like to order something else?"
I thanked her for saving me from eating pork and I thanked God for making me look like a Muslim.
+6 -0Like x 4Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 12th April 2011 10:04

"bint Mohammed" wrote:
Dr. Shahid Athar narrates:
Quote:
The happiest incident connected with my beard happened when I was in a New York hotel. I ordered a plain omelet for breakfast. The American waitress, looked at me and said " You look like a Muslim, and I know this omelet is not plain. It has ham in it, so would you like to order something else?" I thanked her for saving me from eating pork and I thanked God for making me look like a Muslim.

SubhanAllah, the number of thimes that has happened to me is amazing, I walk into a Muslim looking shop to grab a snack and I get asked if I am a Muslim, then I get told that the selection of food/snack is not bought by their Muslim customers because of a doubt in the ingredients.

One day I went for a salad bowl, and I was stopped by the waiter, he said "You are Muslim, right?", dont eat that, I've seem them put wine dressing on it. (The guy was a Hindu, with a name plate and a "rakhi" on his hand).

Any way, What I wanted to say was, look at the connection from the above post and food.

We are taught this beautiful Dua to recite after eating:

Dua after eating is finished

الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ الَذِى أَطْعَمَنَا وَسَقَانَا وَجَعَلَّنَا مُسْلِّمِينَ

Transliteration: Al-hamdu lillãhilladhi at-amana’ wasaqãnâ waja-alana muslimin.

Translation: All praise is due to Allah (SWT) who gave us food and drink and made us Muslims. (Tirmidhi)

+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 12th April 2011 10:06
Brilliant thread...jazakumullah
+1 -0Like x 1
UK
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 12th April 2011 11:00
Me: Hi, wings meal please (can't remember the exact meal)

Dixy Fried Chicken dude: Bhai, Salaam karo pehle. Hum sab Musalmaan hein (do salaam first, we're all muslims here)

Me: I would say Salaam nice and loud but there is no indication on your face or clothing that you're a Muslim.

Dixy Fried Chicken dude: (A look of embarrassment that almost embarrassed me and complete silence)

Quote:
No Muslim has ever had a valid reason to Shave the beard that is not Shar'ee except that he is ashamed of the Sunnah
+3 -0Like x 1Disagree x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 12th April 2011 11:34
I went to the Morrocon Embassy as an Engineer. (Part of my job) I met one of the officials there who asked me if I was Muslim. I replied "Yes, How did you know?". He laughed (Because he had an answer). He said, "I can tell by your BEARD, your short Moustache and your jeans are above your ankles". So I asked him if he was a Muslim and again he laughed and he said "of course". So I said to him, "I cant see any sign of you being a Muslim".

The official then directed me to my job. The Embarassement was awesome.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Qatar, Doha
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 12th April 2011 11:39
Yasin wrote:
Me: Hi, wings meal please (can't remember the exact meal)

Dixy Fried Chicken dude: Bhai, Salaam karo pehle. Hum sab Musalmaan hein (do salaam first, we're all muslims here)

Me: I would say Salaam nice and loud but there is no indication on your face or clothing that you're a Muslim.

Dixy Fried Chicken dude: (A look of embarrassment that almost embarrassed me and complete silence)

Quote:
No Muslim has ever had a valid reason to Shave the beard that is not Shar'ee except that he is ashamed of the Sunnah

OMG this has happened a million times to, and i though i was the only one to say,

"Forgive me bro but you dont look or dress like a muslim so i did not salam you! I couldnt tell if you were a muslim of not!"

LOL

+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 12th April 2011 11:48

Me: Driving in North Virgina and stopped at a Gas Station and tried to pay someone with the name tag of "Mo"

Gas Station Attendent: I am Muslim brother, why didn't you say Salam?

Me: You don't look like a Muslim and last time I checked "Mo" isn't a Muslim name!

Gas Station Attendent: My name is Muhammed!

Me: So what's "Mo"? American translation?

+3 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 12th April 2011 11:52

A month after 9/11 me and my wife were at JFK (New York) so I ordered Pizza and told her to hold on to an empty table while I run to the bathroom and come back and told her that no matter what happens don’t get up even though there is no food in front of her.

I come back with the Pizza and guess what, she decided to get up and wait on the side!
Our table was taken up by an American family.

Family came to us and said, “You must be Muslims! We are Sorry she got up so we thought that you were done, here is your table back!”

+1 -0Like x 1
UK
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 12th April 2011 13:47
I knew it was common. I do believe we SHOULD say it to their face without any shame as they clearly don't have shame in removing the beard. However, never in a rude way or at random like approaching every potato face (clean shaven) and telling them off.

Muadh_Khan wrote:
and last time I checked "Mo" isn't a Muslim name!
lol this "Mo" problem really gets to me too
No post ratings
UK
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 12th April 2011 13:49
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 12th April 2011 14:27
I've a brilliant idea.

Next time we see a MO, we should call him Mohan. To be a Muslim to be called with a Hindu name is very sickening.

+5 -0Like x 5
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 12th April 2011 15:40
salam brother and sis
very good tread. i think some of these comments needs to read in the masjid.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Qatar, Doha
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 12th April 2011 15:49
abu mohammed wrote:
I've a brilliant idea.

Next time we see a MO, we should call him Mohan. To be a Muslim to be called with a Hindu name is very sickening.

FABULOUS!
No post ratings

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What shape is the red shape ('round' is not a shape)?