Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 4th February 2020 07:45
As-Salaam alaikum,
In the Hadith, we came across that saying of the Noble Prophet Muhammad, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, where he said that:

"THE QUEST FOR KNOWLEDGE IS A RELIGIOUS DUTY FOR EVERY MUSLIM", and elsewhere he was quoted as saying: "SEEK KNOWLEDGE, EVEN AS FAR AS CHINA."

The quest for knowledge (ilm) in general is a duty... but the Prophet's saying "for every Muslim" after saying "seek knowledge even as far as China," implies that the mention of ilm is in fact specific knowledge. According to Sheikh Abu Talib al-Makki, in his book, 'KITAB ILM..THE BOOK OF KNOWLEDGE', the Prophet's saying "the quest for knowledge is a duty for every Muslim", refers to seeking knowledge of which is required of all Muslims.

A clear indication of this is what Sayyadina Muhammad, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, said to the Bedouin when asked: "Tell me what Allah requires of me", or in another version, "Tell us with what Message Allah has sent you to us". The Prophet then told him about the Kalimat-Shahada, the 5 daily prayers, Zakat (alms), Fasting during the month of Ramadan, and Pilgrimage to the Sacred House in Makkah (Hajj). So the Bedouin asked: "Anything else?" The Prophet answered: "No, only that you do so obediently"!

Said the Bedouin, "By Allah, I will neither add nor subtract a thing"! So the Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, said: "If that man is sincere, he will flourish and enter Paradise." Therefore, knowledge of the 5 Pillars of Islam is a duty to the extent that the content of that knowledge is required, since there can be no action without knowledge.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What letters are in the word in blue?