Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Praise Be To Allah!

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 11th November 2019 21:08
As-Salaam alaikum,
The beginning of the second ayat of the Fatiha in the Holy Qur'an reads:--

"PRAISE BE TO ALLAH, THE LORD OF THE WORLDS." (1:2)

It is said that Allah Ta'ala knew the inability of His servants to praise Him... He praised Himself by Himself (bi-nafsihi), to Himself (li-nafsihi) from sempiternity (fi al-azal), because of our impotence; as it was impossible for us, His servants, to praise Him. How is a created thing supposed to contend with the beginninglessly Eternal?

The 'Ulama say that this is why the Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, said:--

"LA-UHSI THANA'AN ALAYK.. I cannot count Your Praises." (Tirmidhi, al-Jamia'l Kabir).. This Hadith was actually related by Sayyada A'isha, may Allah be pleased with her, when she said:--

"I was asleep next to the Messenger of Allah, I noticed he was not there at night
and put my hand out to him. My hand fell on his feet as he bowed and prayed:
'Let Your good-will protect me from Your Wrath, and Your dispensation from Your
Punishment. I cannot enumerate Your Praise. You are like You Praise Yourself." (Ibn Majah also reported it).

With this, we understand that no man can count the blessings that Allah Ta'ala bestows on him, and can never do enough to pay this debt. Indeed, whoever knows Allah falls silent, mute and subdued. Never the less, we say 'ALHAMDU LILLAHI RABBIL ALAMEEN'... in celebrating His Praises and hope, thereby, that Allah will let us into the knowledge of His Oneness, Jallah-JalalahU.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'ABC' written in?