Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

OPINION ABOUT MAUDUDI SAHEB

Jump to page:

You have contributed 19.4% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#256 [Permalink] Posted on 12th March 2019 14:42
UmairChishti wrote:
View original post

Politically,Maududi sb عفى الله عنه was never considered a potential or real threat.

Despite all the arguements against him,I have never seen any Alim objecting to his purely political discourse,except his book 'khilafat o malookiat',where objections were raised,because it could affect the Aqaed of people regarding Sahaba رضى الله عنهم

I wish he had kept himself limited only to his research on the political aspects of Islam,what an 'Islamic state' means,what are its guiding principles,how does it function,how the 'shura' works in it and what are the limits of its advise to the Amir,how could the social-political-economic system of Islam be implemented today ? etc

I am sure his works would have been appreciated...

He started interfering in Fiqha and aqeeda where he was least qualified.The Uluma rightly checked him,there and then...
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#257 [Permalink] Posted on 21st November 2019 14:24
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

IMG_20191121_192316_149.jpg
Downloads: 114
    [100.88 kB]
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#258 [Permalink] Posted on 21st November 2019 15:20
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Don't worry sister. If you are content and comfortable with them then go for it. My opinions are just opinions. They can be right or wrong. My personal experience with this jamaat was not good back in 1998. Its been a very long time since I last saw or met these guys. Maybe they have improved now. Things change. So just chill.
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#259 [Permalink] Posted on 21st November 2019 15:39
UmairChishti wrote:
View original post

I personally know some sunni Muslims who have very faulty views about Sahaba RA and they have been affected by Khilafat o Malukiat and Shia propaganda.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#260 [Permalink] Posted on 21st November 2019 15:41
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Why these maulvis don't speak about khil*fat or Sharia as the main rule of Muslim countries???
No post ratings
#261 [Permalink] Posted on 21st November 2019 17:30
a2z wrote:
View original post

Ok molvis don't work for khilafath.

I ask, The western mindset muslims, how much have they progressed for 70 years on establishing khilarfah. How much time did they spend in J!h@d. All of them discuss that for decades, not even thorn was pricked on them. They say we intended, you didn't. I laugh.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#262 [Permalink] Posted on 21st November 2019 18:33
a2z wrote:
View original post

I don't know. Ask them directly.
No post ratings
#263 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd November 2019 01:41
a2z wrote:
View original post

How many more decades do YOU need to establish a khilafah.
Or how many more centuries.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#264 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd November 2019 04:54
Maulana Maududi, Jama-at-e-Islam, Ikhwan-ul-Muslimoon

I have covered the following points already in my posts but I suppose some things are worth refreshing.

(1) I frequented the Jama-at-e-Islami meetings for a few years more than a decade ago.

(2) I went there because by general awareness I thought that these are the people who are trying to solve our problems on the basis Of Islam.

(3) Unlike our own people they were talking about worldly problems of Muslims.

(4) My relatives in the Tablighi-Jama-at did not approve my idea of going to Jama-at-e-Islami meetings. One professor said that Jama-at-e-Islami is a political party, why bother about them. They want to establish Hukumat-e-Ilahi through elections. He too was speaking out of experience.

(5) Siasat-aur-Malookiat kind of arguments, where Maulana Maududi apparently has taken undue liberties with Sahaba RA, came to my notice later on. At that time I did not appreciate the nuances involved.

(6) Before that I had spent a lot of time with the Marxist kind of people and hence did not find anything wrong with Maulana Maududi dealing with Sahaba RA they way modern liberal seculars deal with the ordinary intellectuals and academicians.

(7) That is the time when I first read the comment about Maulana Maududi that he was in fact a crypto-Marxist.

(8) Maulana Maududi is no more and I think we must go silent about his state of Iman because the issue is already before Allah SWT.

(9) When I was going to Jama-at-e-Islami meetings once the head of the civil line unit of JI once said to me that the message of the JI is the message of Islam.

(11) Around that time I became aware of the fact that not only Jama-at-e-Islami but even the Ikhwan-ul-Muslimoon have intellectual approach to Islam.

(12) Indeed Syed Qutb was under the influence of Maulana Maududi's teachings.

(13) Before that Shaheed Hasan Al Banna was under the influence of Jamaluddin Afghani's teachings via Rashid Rida and Muhammed Abduh.

(14) Western authors accuse Afghani of agnosticism. From the Islamic point of view agnosticism is just one branch of Ilhad but we can not subscribe to western accusations. West hates Afghani because of his Pan-Islamism. So called Pan-Islamism because Pan-Islamic unity is part of our faith.

(15) Personally I do not hate Afghani because he spent his life talking about Islam even if there was some big issue with his formalism.

(16) Coming back to Maulana Maududi - the intellectual and logical approach to Islam that he adopted is not the right one. Intellect, logic, reason are good things but lifeless nevertheless. Indeed Imam Ibn-e-Taimiyyah himself said that an intelligent person does not need logic and for a fool logic is useless.

(17) The intellectual approach to Islam that Maulana Maududi adopted has another extremely serious fault - it has no solace in it. Solace is the sublime dweller of the land of spirituality. Logic is not even biological, let alone spiritual. Thus there is a huge gap between spirituality and logic. In fact there is a huge gap between Maulana Maududi's formalism, his under standing of Islam and Islam itself.

(18) I must also admit that this dichotomy between logical and spiritual approach to Islam is not sufficient to cast Maulana Maududi or the JI people or the Ikhwan outside the pail of Islam.

(19) Hence our Akabareen have worked side by side with the JI people in, say, the All India Muslim Personal Law Board.

(20) In fact our people should work even with Salafis for the good of Islam even though the Salafis are even more pungent than the Barelwis when they talk about us.

My impression is that on the basis of these points we can make up our mind about the JI (for the issues relevant for Indian sub-continent) people as well as the Ikhwan (for international issues).
+3 -0
#265 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd November 2019 06:47
I respect Molana Ali mian nadvi RA and mol Manzoor nomani RA for their unbiased academic analysis.
They have compiled books on maududi sab.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#266 [Permalink] Posted on 21st July 2022 09:06
Quote:
Maulana Abdul Majid Daryabadi (RA) wrote in his Aap beeti that he benefited greatly by Muhammad Ali's translation of the Quran. Muhammad Ali was an Qadiyani scholar. He says in this autobiography that, "despite being aware of the fiqh involved, I pray for the translator in my duas." (paraphrasing).
Brother Muslim Man was kind enough to let me know that this is a problematic post because it might cause confusion in some people's minds. I want to retract this post and thank brother Muslim Man for bringing this to my attention.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#267 [Permalink] Posted on 29th July 2022 10:05
I am unable to reply to PMs so I just wanted to let brother Muslim Man know that I appreciate the information he sent me regarding Maulana Abdul Majid Daryabadi RA.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#268 [Permalink] Posted on 30th July 2022 11:21
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

Thank you for letting me know.
No post ratings

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What letters are in the word in blue?