View original post
- Maulana Maududi (RA) is a person
- Jamaat-e-Islami is a "GROUP"
- Not everyone in the group follows or agrees with or even knows the errors of Maulana Maududi (RA) which by the way don't even exist in most modern prints of his books, since Deobandees don't read original sources they have no idea...Deobandees merely copy/paste what was written decades ago.
This is particularly true for Jamaat-e-Islami inspired groups in the West such as UKIM, ICNA, MSA etc...These groups may have their roots with Jamaat-e-Islami or even Maulana Maududi (RA) but adherents are diverse and far apart. UKIM (in Brtain) actually teach the books of Shaykh Yusuf Qaradawi (HA) [which is a different problem] but these are two separate issues.
UKIM, ICNA, MSA are lax on Sunnah, freemixing, lax on Niqab (as per Shaykh Yusuf Qaradawi (HA) while Jamiat and Jamaat-e-Islami to the best of my knowledge are still strict on free-mixing etc.
In India and Afghanistan, Jamaat-e-Islami inspired people are more in tune with Ahl-e-Hadeeth ideology than (classical) Maulana Maududi (RA) so they are into Ashari bashing which was not the (focus) of Maulana Maududi (RA) and Jamaat-e-Islami does not even discuss this issue.
So an individual and a group can differ. I have spent time with a Jamaat-e-Islami (member) Ahl-e-Hadeeth who was in a 1 year Jamaat in America from Raiwind Markaz. Can you bundle him with Maulana Maududi (RA) in Aqeedah or Fiqh? No
Can you call him a Deobandi? No
People in a group don't fit into neat boxes for you to classify.
- Imagaine that Maulana Saad (HA) is a "Deobandi" according to however you define it
- Deobandees (however you define them) are a group and do not necessarily agree with Maulana Saad (HA)