Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

OPINION ABOUT MAUDUDI SAHEB

Jump to page:

You have contributed 19.4% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
#136 [Permalink] Posted on 19th November 2018 15:37
Anonymous wrote:
View original post

I take back, it must be rephrased, "if some one thinks, molana tariq jameel sahib has targeted sahabah, he just needs to be reminded about deobandi usools"
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
#137 [Permalink] Posted on 20th November 2018 10:29
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I can't find this book. Is there another link? I agree, people make his errors too big, but like you said hundreds of others also made errors but we treat them differently.
No post ratings
#138 [Permalink] Posted on 20th November 2018 10:43
Abdullah1 wrote:
View original post

You have only read 1 side. There are 2 sides to every story.
No post ratings
#139 [Permalink] Posted on 20th November 2018 14:05
Muadh said

"Maulana Maududi (RA) according to Deobandees was:

Ignoramous
Deviant
Not a Scholar
Stubborn
Smoker
Believed in marrying Sisters (Gujranwala Deobandees)

Any one discussing the matter of Maulana Maududi (RA) and disagreeing with Deobandees is:

Deviant
Modernist
Jamaat-e-Islami Supporter
Not an Alim so can't disagree

Fact ONE Maulana Maududi (RA):

Shaykh (Mufti) Kifayatullah (RA) is one of the AKABIR of Deoband and a well known and trusted Muftees. As the Head of Jamiat Ulama-e-Hind He founded a magazine in 1921 called "Muslim" and became his Editor. This was the mouth-piece of Deobandees in India.

While working Shaykh (Mufti) Kifayatullah (RA) found a young man (around 21) was very impressed with Knowledge & Piety and made him the Editor-IN-Chief of this DEOBANDI MAGAZINE. The name of this 21 year old was Maulana Muadudi (RA).

Due to financial constraints this magazine went bankrupt after 2 years in April 1923

Fact TWO Maulana Maududi (RA):

Shaykh (Mufti) Kifayatullah (RA) then founded a second magazine called "Al-Jamiat" in June 1925. By this time Maulana Muadudi (RA) had already managed the (previous) magazine "Muslim".

Shaykh (Mufti) Kifayatullah (RA) the Head of Jamiat Ulama-e-Hind recalled Maulana Muadudi (RA) and he now became the Head of Al-Jamiat for the next 3 years until May 1928.

The earlier editions have the name "Maulana Irfan" and later they have the name of Maulana Muadudi (RA) and these scans are still found in Indian/Pakistani libraries.

Maulana Muadudi (RA) left "Al-Jamiat" in 1928 due to his differences with Jamiat Ulama-e-Hind over their involvement with Indian National Congress as in his (opinion) they were too cozy with Hindus and had too much of Indian Nationalism.

Thus came the LONG TUSSLE between Maulana Muadudi (RA) and Jamiat Ulama-e-Hind in particular Shaykh (Maulana) Hussain Ahmed Madani (RA) which lasts to this age.

Shaykh (Maulana) Ashraf Ali Thanwi (RA) and Shaykh (Maulana) Hussain Ahmed Madani (RA) has pretty much the same dispute."

You obviously have a very very soft corner for Maudoodi no matter how much you really wish to deny it. Everyone can see that. You're clearly implying all these respected Deobandi Ulama who combated the scourge of Maudoodi were all biased and unjust.

Please make it clear for all of us what exactly is your purpose of advertising a rare opinion of a Maulana who is lone in his opinion of Maudoodi?
+0 -0
Rank Image
Chennai
Brother
#140 [Permalink] Posted on 20th November 2018 17:08
No post ratings
#141 [Permalink] Posted on 20th November 2018 23:08
hmdsalahuddin wrote:
View original post

Jazakallah brother
No post ratings
#142 [Permalink] Posted on 21st November 2018 13:37
As I said before (not sure why it got deleted) it's unfair to mention someone like Maudoodi as if he's in the same category as Ulama like Maulana Saad Sahib, Maulana Taariq Jameel Sahib, Peer Zulfiqar Sahib, as some brothers here have done. In the former there is agreement, while in the latter there is a split amongst the Ulama. Brothers here should not be promoting books defending Maudoodi and moderators have a duty to delete links to such books.

The following "utterences" should be the final word here on Maudoodi, taken from Muadh in the other thread. He himself is advised to practise what he preaches and deliver such advice to a mirror first, especially to his ever so soft corners (e.g. Maudoodi, Israr Ahmed etc.), before abusing others condescendingly:

"Darul-uloom Deoband and other Senior Indian Ulama have already decided on the matter, I don't throw anything at anyone but your Nafs is restless and nothing can be done about it...

I suppose you have the right to rant, moan, dribble, complain and speak incoherently as much as you want..

Let’s see if you are in control of your Nafs (EGO) or it controls you to continue to add more irrelevance to a subject about which you don’t even have superficial knowledge.

Let’s see how much fear of Allah Ta’ala you have of standing in front of Allah and explaining your utterences."
+0 -0Dislike x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#143 [Permalink] Posted on 21st November 2018 13:46
He has passed away so let Allah Ta'ala deal with his mistakes. The books Khilafat-O-Mulukiyat DOES NOT contain the errors today in the prints.

P.S: I am not a Maulana Maududi (RA) fan and don't belong to Jamaat-e-Islami but think of whatever people wish.

Anonymous wrote:
View original post

Do not destory your Aakhira in my hate but if you want to...Go right ahead.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#144 [Permalink] Posted on 21st November 2018 13:57

Abdullah1 wrote:
View original post

I never said or claimed that either.

Once again, I am a human and make mistakes and you have the right to point out my mistakes but don’t invent things which I did not utter. I am not in a habit of sticking to my words if an error is pointed out.

All I am saying is AT THIS POINT, leave the matter to Allah Ta'ala.

Maulana Maududi (RA) did not advocate Taqleed Shaksi and that is indeed a problem for Deobandees (fine) but he wasn't the only one and won't be the last one. No better or worse to Salafees which Deobandees got to know a few decades later.

In terms of his tone and mannerism towards the Sahaba (RA), I 100% agree that the language is inappropriate...I might have even said that before but don't have time to go through so many posts...

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#145 [Permalink] Posted on 21st November 2018 13:59
Abu Mohammad wrote:
View original post

Take lessons from Surah Hujurat and the hadith: "Do not speak ill of the dead; they have seen the result of what they forwarded before them."
+1 -0Like x 1Bad Spelling x 1
#146 [Permalink] Posted on 21st November 2018 14:08
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

We pray for mol maududi sab.

But we disagree with jamath e islami members, they continue to target asmath e anbiya and sahabah.
Making fun of karamat of sahabah. Publicising sahabah's differences.
I quote from senior naazim, naazim e aala. "Ek mauli mila thha", "ek mauli bol raha thha", Thase words used for senior scholars. This will not be digested by any healthy society.
This is the reason they complain "we are elites and no one cares for us".
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#147 [Permalink] Posted on 21st November 2018 14:22
Anonymous wrote:
View original post

Assalāmu `alaikum Warahmatullāhi Wabarakatuh.

What sort of differences between the Sahaba?

Jamal and Siffin?
No post ratings
#148 [Permalink] Posted on 21st November 2018 14:37
Imam Ali wrote:
View original post

Yes, including Jamal and siffin.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#149 [Permalink] Posted on 21st November 2018 15:45

Anonymous wrote:
View original post

One more time...

Have I defended anything of that sort anywhere which led you to make a point which is obvious?

Why reach inside your own mind and project/inflict your thoughts and feelings when they are not saying that at all?

You have the right to disagree with someone but disagree on what the person actually says or believes in! Why project something which is not claimed?

P.S: Do not subject the world to your personal experience and project it upon others.

P.P.S: I do not belong to Jamaat-e-Islami nor do I wish to defend them.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#150 [Permalink] Posted on 21st November 2018 16:39
I don't know about India,but in Pakistan,jamat e Islami has pretty much distanced itself from the 'personal' views of Moulana Moudoodi sb,and the things discussed here on this thread are hardly discussed in general anymore...

The phenomena of Moulana has mostly come to an end.He had some good works like "Islami Riyasat" and "Al-jihad fil Islam" to his credit,both can be classed amongst the best books written in their respective categories. His critics on the western civilisation and philosophy are still valid and worth reading. Even if we disagree with (and ignore) the rest of his works, we may still give him some credit for elaborating on the subject of Islamic political system in modern times.

Let us not apply 'all or none law' to Moulana Moudoodi sb.
+1 -0Agree x 1Winner x 1

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What is the word in green?