Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

OPINION ABOUT MAUDUDI SAHEB

Jump to page:

You have contributed 19.4% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#46 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd August 2015 22:48
Abdullah1 wrote:
View original post

yes,why?
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#47 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd August 2015 23:20
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I'm not sure I do get the distinction you made, the argument presented against Maulana Mawdoodi Sahib,
is not that he was an Ignoramus but quite the contrary as Allamah Binnori (RA) stated in his critique, he was a Genius in many ways and that is what resulted in his mistakes. Nor do I see how your analogy between Maulana Ilyas Khandalwi (RA) and Maulana Mawdoodi (RA) applies.

The real problem is that we have lost the art of using mildness in our approach in disagreeing with each other which leads to futile arguments....!

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#48 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd August 2015 07:43
byellow200 wrote:
View original post

I thought that you didn't read the snapshots that I posted. They are clear cut disrespect/gustakhi.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#49 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd August 2015 08:16
Abdullah1 wrote:
View original post

Hazrat,

Not angry at all, you misunderstood.
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
No post ratings
#50 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd August 2015 08:30
What Pakistan needs today is
1. peace.
2. stop the nation from dis-integrating.
3. offer basic needs to its countrymen
4. killing in the name of islam
5. Stop the country from being a "Failed State"
6. and other

Other things have lowest priority and can wait.

And in India, the whole worlds knows who is in power and integrity is priority for muslims.

Bangladesh is in process of "gade murdy ukhaadne ki fikr". And it doesn't have the basic infrastructure to rescue its countrymen under the debris of a fallen building.

And muslims in other countries have to prioritise to offer dawah to other muslims and non-muslims. They don't have that "faaltoo waqt" as said by Mufti Taqi Uthmani DB.
+0 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#51 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd August 2015 13:09
Enough exaggeration!
Is there anyone who can let me know the opinion of taqi usmani saheb about maududi. I would be thankful to the person who will do this job.
I do not want to waste my time on reading random comments of those who do not even have the right suhbah of buzurgane deen.

jazakumullah
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#52 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd August 2015 17:23

Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

Brother,

In the presence of Hazrat-e-Aqdas Shaykhul-Hadeeth (Maulana) Abu Sadwa (DB) and Hazrat Abdullah1 (DB) an impartial exchange is not possible on the matter therefore I chose not to indulge myself LEST out of sheer bigotry they will issue a Fatwa of Kuf'r on me (due to misunderstanding of what I am saying).

Shaykh (Maulana) Ilyas (RA) and Maulana Maududi (RA) both got ill during Madrasah stay; severally ill to the fact that they both had to withdraw; that's the similarity.

AGAIN before somone else gets raging mad I am not comparing the two personalities but historical events while they were at Madrasah.

THEN Maulana Maududi (RA)'s father died and he had to get a Job and his second assignement happened to be at Jamiatul-Ulama (Indian) as Assistant Editor and then Editor at Muslim right under the tutelage of Shaykh (Mufti) Kifayatullah (RA). And then Editor-in-Chief of Al-Jamiat which makes his total interaction with Mufti Saheb around 5 years and then  Maulana Maududi (RA) left due to policy differences over Indian National Congress. Maulana Manzoor Naumani (RA) and many other Ulama participated with him in the beginning and THEN ALL 75 (original members) left Jamaat-e-Islami during their lifetime.

Me & you are on the same page as far as Intellect (and to a certain extent Knowledge is concerned). If you disagree about "Knowledge" I say to you that there is no way Ulama like Maulana Manzoor Naumani (RA) and many other Ulama would have Joined him if he lacked "Knowledge".

Hazrat-e-Aqdas Shaykhul-Hadeeth (Maulana) Abu Sadwa (DB) and Hazrat Abdullah1 (DB)are operating in a Binary mode i.e. he didn't graduate from a Madarasah therefore he is unqualified to utter his opinion on matters of Shariah. Shaykh (Maulana) Salman Nadwi (HA) sufficiently answers both of them in detail:

Halalified YT Audio

All 9 of Maulana Maududi (RA)'s children are against Jamaat-e-Islami and Maulana (RA) kept them away too; so this settles the issue of Jamaat-e-Islami

Halalified YT Audio

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#53 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd August 2015 17:40
At this rate, by page 6. brother abu sawda will have been crowned Mufti-e-Azam and Ghaus-e-Waqt....
+3 -0Creative x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#54 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd August 2015 18:54
Hazrat Moulana Manzoor Noumani RhA has written the book "Moulana Modudi k sath meri rafaqat ki sarguzisht or mera muakkaf". In this book he mentions the names of akabireen who strongly condemned Modudi and his tehreek.

Those Akabir Who Strictly Condemned Modudi and His Tehreek:
1. Hazrat Moulana Hussain Ahmed Madani RhA
2. Hazrat Mufti Kifayatullah Dehalwi RhA
3. Syyedi Hazrat Aqdas Moulana Ahmad Ali Lahori RhA

4. Hazrat Moulana Yousuf Banori RhA
5. Hazrat Moulana Sheikh Zakariya RhA
6. Hazrat Moulana Shah Abdul Haqq Phulpuri RhA (Khalifa of Hazrat Thanwi RhA and Peer/Sheikh of Mol Hakeem Akhtar RhA)
etc.

This should be enough for those who consider them their Akabir and know about their Status in Ilm, Taqwa etc.

And those who still have soft corner for Modudi, please answer the allegations that I posted in previous posts specially of that where modudi utterly disrespects Ammi Ayesha RdA (na auzubillah). I can't quote those Gustakhana Kalimaat again.
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#55 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd August 2015 19:24

Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I didn't say that he didn't graduate from madrassa. I just qouted Moulana Muhammad Yousaf Ludhanwi Shaheed RhA. May be he and many others like Mol Banori RhA were erred. Also Darulifta Deoband, Jamia banoria etc. might have been misguided. Of course you can't correct Mol Yousuf Ludhyanwi RhA, Molana Banori RhA and other Akabireen but you can tell Muftiyaan at Darululoom Deoband, Jamia Banoria etc about this BIG ERROR.

NOTE: I have no issue if Modudi was the greatest alim of his time. Also Youtube is banned here. So can't listen to these audios (and don't want to as his being alim etc doesn't change the facts about him)

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#56 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd August 2015 19:39
Abdullah1 wrote:
View original post

Brother abdullah1, those who have soft corner for mordudi they will not care anything. They would rather say akaabireen wa aslaaf were fault. It is because they have learnt from chacha chachi awr magazine
+0 -1Dislike x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#57 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd August 2015 19:52
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

The difference is Maulana ilyas (RA), eventually completed all his studies in adulthood at the feet Ulemah.

Maulana Maudoodi sahib, needed to earn a living because his father died, he was first appointed an editor at the age of Seventeen for publication called Taj, Late in 1920 he moved to Delhi and was appointed, the editor of Muslim from 1921-23 and later of al Jamiyat (1925-28) both of which were organs of Jamiyat Ulama e Hind.

Studying religious curriculum under an Aalim , and writing and editing for a publication which is overseen by an Aalim are two different things.........! The reason Ulemah initially supported him was because of his political acumen writing skills, his oratory skills, and organisation skills . The support for him had more to do with the Political climate at the time, and less to do with the ilmi status of Mawdoodi sahib. Afterall many Ulemah supported Muhammad Ali Jinnah, because he was seen as the most politically qualified rather then religious.

The Criticism against Maulana Mawdoodi sahib, from what I can decipher, is that he was a Genius, and due to his genius he was able to grasp many concepts very quickly and in Many different fields such as western science, philosophy, and history all of this through self study. Because of this innate ability, he did not feel the need to Study under Scholars, especially those he considered to be intellectually inferior. If we are classifying Mawdoodi sahib as a Scholar in the western academic sense then you can say he was a Scholar, but he was not an Alim, and he did not acquire his Ilm at feet of Scholars.

In western academic fields a religious or historic work or a historic individual is studied dis-passionately in a clinical fashion, free from any form of reverence with a complete neutral mindset, and this is seen as a great virtue in western academics. The problem is Maulana applied this same methodology in some of his religious works, and all his political works. Hence his mistakes in Tafseer and other works, and why the Ulemah spoke against him, I personally do not think there was any malicious intent on Maulana Mawdoodis sahibs part, when researching and writing those works, but using a western academic style of Analysis of the sahabah and some of the Ambiya (alyhis Salam) was clearly misguided and the Ulemah rightly criticized him for it.

Listening to the clip you posted of his son , in a region where hereditary politics is the norm, I think one great thing Maulana Mawdoodi Sahib did was exclude his children from politics and completely sideline them from the Jammat e Islami, a great Fitnah was averted by this,.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#58 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd August 2015 20:13
abu sawda wrote:
View original post

Well Hazrat, why go into depths rather belatedly studying the politics of the past when the Fitna of "Modern Western Islam" is at the doorstep read the following thread and give me your analysis on this individual called Ghamdi.... characters like him and groups like his are emerging all over the muslim world they are the fitnah of the present and the future..... www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?15052-Fitna-of-Ja...

And Hazrat if we are going to ask questions on a public forum of mainly laymen you will get ignorant individuals like us who have learnt from Chacha, Chachi, and Magazines.
+2 -0Creative x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#59 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd August 2015 22:36
Assalamu alaikum,

Maududi Sahib's intellect should not be in dispute. He was an extremely intelligent man. The problem lies in the underlying philosophy his intellect produced that is manifest in the practical understanding the Jamaat-i-Islam has about Islam. This philosophy cuts at the roots of Islam by calling into question - in various ways - the reliability of the people who were/are responsible for transmitting our Deen. By doing so, it promotes a type of protestant movement in Islam. In this respect, it is similar to the contemporary psuedo-Salafi movement.

The Jamaat-i-Islam encourages personal study and understanding of Islamic literature. In practice, the Jamaat-i-Islam - and its various sister organizations around the world - will promote the understanding of a Muslim layman either alongside or above the understanding of traditional Islamic scholars. This - in part - has facilitated an "I believe" attitude among many lay Muslims who have an incomplete and non-contextual understanding of Islam.

As I mentioned above, this philosophy actually destroys the Deen at its roots. Questionable people produce questionable results. An understanding of the principles that make our Deen authentic is necessary to appreciate the aforementioned.
+4 -0Like x 3Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#60 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd August 2015 23:14
Here's something I thought would be beneficial to share.

"Maulana Asad Madani (rahmatullah alaih) deployed the teachers of Darul Uloom Deoband in weekly debates to train the graduates on how to counter wrong ideologies. He also established a comparative religions department at Darul Uloom Deoband that focused on training students to counter false ideologies such as Maududism."

Excerpt taken and adapted from Chapter 13, Ameerul-Hind behind eliminating infidelity in Aspects of Maulana Asad Madani.
The chapter was written by Maulana Qari Syed Mohammad Uthman Mansurpuri, the current President of Jamiat Ulama-i-Hind
+1 -0Like x 1

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What's behind the word Yellow? (it's not the sun)