Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

OPINION ABOUT MAUDUDI SAHEB

Jump to page:

You have contributed 19.4% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd August 2015 20:59
For the record, I have NOT defended Maulana Maududi (RA) anywhere. I have said read the response by Shaykh (Mufti) Muhammad Yusuf (RA)

This is the "imagination" of Hazrat Shaykh (Maulana) Abu Sawda Saheb (DB) who has cannot read Urdu, never read anything, hasn't bothered to read the response but assumed that "I am defending Maulana Maududi (RA) and then has factually attributed me to Jamaat-e-Islami!

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd August 2015 21:01
abu sawda wrote:
View original post

Quote:
It realy does not matter how many times you said you're not jamat e islami or defender for maulana maududi. But i think i am very close in my guess that you are amongst them.

I don't think that is true.
Why do you pose a question like you don't know about that thing but you clearly have some knowledge (you are after all a moulana)? It would be better if you were upfront and the dialogue can start from there.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd August 2015 21:02

byellow200 wrote:
View original post

Not his fault! He can't urdu, he is unable to do research so the only option left for him is to attack the credibility of people without Fear of Allah (SWT) on the Day of Judgement.

That's the way our Ulama in India/Pakistan/Bangladesh are trained. I have been saying it from post 1; take a look

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#34 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd August 2015 21:07
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

It was just that you used moulana maududi as an anology in that thread and you were clearly against the way m.tariq spoke of buzurgs. I have always heard from deobandees and non-deobandis that moulana maududi had a disrespectful style of writing. Thats why I was puzzled. Just clearing the matter, you have read his tafseer and the objections. So is it true that he wrote in a disrespectful manner?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#35 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd August 2015 21:16
abu sawda wrote:
View original post

Hazrat I think you have misunderstood, Muadh Khan is not Jammat e Islami...! For those of us who have grown up in the west and are over the age of 40 our opinion and point of reference and views concerning the Jammat e Islami and its activities in America, Canada, Europe over the last 50 years will be different to someone living in the Sub-continent....! I think the following post from the link I provided should clarify matters.

[QUOTE=Julaybib;208216]As Salaam Alaykum.

Even though I am deobandi , I really dont understand this obsession with bashing late Maulana Mawdudi ( may god forgive him for all his sins).

My personal opinion on him is that he was a self made Scholar who seemed, to have made a considerable number of mistakes as regards his Tafseer of the Quran. It is a pity that he did not learn the religious sciences at a traditional Madrassa.

However I totally respect him in using his pen in tackling, the western and colonial propaganda on Islam. How many of our own Sunni Scholars have been both able to understand the mindset of the colonialist and his propaganda and effectively respond to it. I think for this Maulana mawdudi, deserves credit.

I also remember In the 1980s as a child In the u.k. The only mosques who seemed to be teaching the basics of religion to the youth,in English. Were those affiliated with, his Jamaat_e_Islami organisation. In many traditional Sunni mosques, we had a village Imam teaching in parrot fashion, and many parents and elders opposed to anything being taught in the English language within the mosque.

On top of that these organisations were more actively involved in doing the dawah helping new converts, addressing juvenile delinquency amongst the Youth, drug addiction etc. They were active in making magazines and other literature available in the English language to the Youth.

Whilst our traditional orthodox Sunni organisations and Masajids only seemed to wake up from their slumber, following the first gulf war. When the western media declared that communism was defeated and Islam was the new enemy, it was only after this relentless and sustained media assault on Islam, did we see the traditional Sunnis reacting. So my impression is that the Jamaat-e-Islami and its affiliated organisations were proactive whilst our actions were reactive.

Also with Syed Qutb (Al Shaheed),This man bore testimony to the shahada with his life yet we have similar propaganda directed towards him.

I think it is unfair to compare both Ikwaan and the Jammat-e-Islami organisations. With those like Hizb ut Tahrir, they have a different methodology.

Wa Salaam.[/QUOTE]

@Muadh Khan, I do not have the appetite to engage in a useless debate, fact is I stated Maulana Mawdoodi
was not an Alim but a Journalist, you took exception to that.... fact is majority of what he acquired was through self study he may have had interactions from Scholars from time to time, but he was essentially self taught. This is not disputed in the circles of Jammat e Islami itself. It is also borne out by the remarks, by Professor Khurshid Ahmed and Professor Zafar Ishaq Ansari, in the extract I posted above both connected at one time to Islamic Foundation in Leicester.

And for the record, I would say I new the name Syed Abu Ala Mawdoodi, years before I heard of any of the names of the elders of Deoband...! I even for sometime in my youth attended a Jamat e Islami Masjid, I would say I probably owe a very large debt of gratitude, to its affiliated organisations such as the Young muslims . I think your tone and combative approach in your initial posts was probably unnecessary.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#36 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd August 2015 21:23
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Hazrat g JazakAllah for this book. But I didn't found the answers of the following. It will be very great if you provide the page number or refer to some other book that answers this. Asking merely to learn. JazakAllah

more in next post....
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#37 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd August 2015 21:26

SEE THIS GUSTAKHI IN THE SHAN OF AMMI AYESHA RdA. .

Waiting for reply. Jazakumullah.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#38 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd August 2015 21:30

byellow200 wrote:
View original post

Our (Akabir) of Deoband indeed have a very respectful way of writing Alhumdolillah

Maulana Maududi (RA) wrote a book Khilafat-o-Mulookiyat (2 Part) which charts the history of Islamic rule going from Khilafat to Kingship:

1. Part ONE: This gives a chronology and some analysis of how Islam went from Caliphate to Kingship
  2. Part TWO: This delves in depth as to the specific mistakes made

In Part 2 Maulana Maududi (RA) quotes historical facts which led to the downfall of Caliphate. Although these are FACTS normal Muslims are not aware of these matters and shouldn't be because it portrays some matters which are not respectful towards the Sahaba (RA).

This is the whole problem not facts but HOW they are portrayed by Maulana Maududi (RA).

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#39 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd August 2015 21:38
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

I agree with you,i have my right to dislike a post and say things even if it goes against muadh khan. But what did he do? He spoke about whole sub-continent's ulamas. He said all ulama from pakistan, india and bangladesh are same to attack on normal discussion. He is extremely rude and gustakh like maududi. This is my opinion maududi was gustaakh to sahaba,ambia,even to muhammadur rasoolullah sallallahu alaihi wasallam. It is clear to everyone.
Only reading from chachey/uncle's magazine will not give you knowledge. You must study under an islamic institution. I asked him to tell me his study eperience he did not give answer to it. He thinks he can carry on spreading messages via some links through internet. Its not so easy. You have to have a status to argue with someone. What does he have as graduation let me know. He says i do not know urdu. Ask him how many books in urdu did he read. We studied islam with many languages not inly english or arabi. Kia ye beta apne aapko kia samajhta hey?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#40 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd August 2015 21:41
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#41 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd August 2015 21:45
byellow200 wrote:
View original post

BROTHER CAN YOU READ URDU?
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#42 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd August 2015 21:46

Abdullah1 wrote:
View original post

Abdullah1 wrote:
View original post

اعلی حضرت

میں Ù†Û’ کہا نہ کہ میرے پاس نہ  وقت  ہے  اور نہ شوق   کہ مولانا مودودی کا دفاع کروں

اسکی وجہ کیا ہے؟ اس Ú©ÛŒ وجہ یہ ہے کہ میں ایک کام Ú©Ùˆ تفصیل اور تمیز سے کرنے کا عادی ہوں اور آپ اسکے متمحل نھیں۔  دو تین دفعہ Ú©Û’ سوال جواب پرآپ بد تمیزی پر اتر آییں Ú¯Û’ اور نہ آپ اس Ú©Û’ متمحل ہیں کہ ان کتابوں Ú©Ùˆ ان Ú©Û’ اصل سیاق Ùˆ سباق پر دیکھیں

اجمالی جواب جو حوالے آپ کو دیے گے صفحہ 44 کے بعد ہیں

اگر آپ اسکو میری شکست سمجھنا چاھہیں تو یھی سہی

Honourable Hazrat,

As I said that I have no time or inclination to defend Maulana Maududi (RA).

What is the reason for that? Because when I put my mind to something I research and exchange information with an open mind. You can't do that and within 2-3 exchganges you will become abusive and then will begin apologsing.

In order to do research the first fact is to get the original writings and note that context of conversations, a general answer is given for these issues from page 44 onwards of the 2 volumes I have given you.

If you wish to take this as my defeat; please do so.

Jzk

Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

Saying Maulana Maududi (RA) DID NOT graduate from a Darul-uloom Deoband and labelling him as an ignoramous, smoker are 2 seperate matters.

What happened to Maulana Maududi (RA) pretty much the same thing happened to Maulana Ilyas Kandhalwi (RA) [not comparing the two; just historical facts]

I hope you see the distinction.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#43 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd August 2015 21:52
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Where did I say that you defend Modudi? Just tell me the page number in that book that answers these allegations.

BTW JazakAllah for writing in Urdu. That makes life easy...
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#44 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd August 2015 21:55

Abdullah1 wrote:
View original post

Hazrat-e-Aqdas,

I don't have the answers and Maulana Maududi (RA) was wrong, disrespectful and Gustakh of the highest order.

YOU are right and I am WRONG.

Request for Duas.

abu sawda wrote:
View original post

Hazrat Shaykhul-Hadeeth (Maulana) Abu Sawda Saheb (HA),

I request you to drink some water so you can cool down, Insha'Allah

Jzk

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#45 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd August 2015 22:13
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Bhai! Why are you getting angry? I asked because that book contains nothing specifically regarding these allegations, that I posted. I have seen both parts, but found nothing. Will not waste your time anymore insha'Allah. Just wanted to tell you that Mufti Taqi Sahb also has to say something regarding Khilafato Malukiat, about Hazrat Muawiya RdA. Click Here
No post ratings

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'ABC' written in?