Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

OPINION ABOUT MAUDUDI SAHEB

Jump to page:

You have contributed 19.4% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd August 2015 17:51
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Brother muadh i think its better for you to listen to those audios from the link which brother abdur rahman ibn awf gave. i read maududis biography in 2005 from a magazine. Also one of my teacher met maududi and he knows about him better than me and you. He said maududi was a person who can change his personality like a snake changes its skin. He mention a conversation between him and maududi. He asked maududi about his smoking because he used to smoke and when he came bangladesh he stopped,so my teacher hadhrat barkatpuri huzur damat barakaatuhum asked him "hadhrat aap ka cigarette kaha hai, to unhune kaha mei ne isko talaq raj'ee de dia". that means he will take it back when he is home. I would request brother muadh to not speak about it as it can lead to an argument. Also ulama e deoband's purpose is to protect ummah not backbiting
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd August 2015 18:52
abu sawda wrote:
View original post

Hazrat Maulana,

A few houra ago you were asking a question and now you have become an Expert on the matter?

Are you an Expert or relying on the opinion of other people?
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd August 2015 19:06
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Alhamdulillah,i have experience about his biography. And inviting people on the matter does not mean i have no idea of that matter. And ye i can rely on my sheik/teacher what he said about maududi.
Brother muadh may i ask you where have you finished your studies?
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd August 2015 19:14
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Also you should know brother in the fann balagha where there is a thing which says you ask people to see their knowledge. Anyway brother try not to defend anyone. Listen to akaabireen.

By the way i have found so many comments,some of them are very good and close to ahlul haque
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd August 2015 19:35
Discussing the reasons of the errors made by modudi sb, Hazrat Molana Muhammad Yousuf Ludhyanwi رحمة الله عليه in "ikhtilaaf e ummat or siraat e mustaqeem" writes:

Firstly, he (modudi) didn't studied and learned deen (Sharia Ilm) from anyone. Instead he learned it on his own (i.e. without sohbat of rightly guided ulama). And probably in his opinion, deen is not something to learn from someone (i.e. ulama). But according to him every literate (i.e. who can read and write) can learn it by his own self study.
Secondly, in his immature age he had the company of some "mulaahida", which had an effective impact on building his personality, (after this Molana رحمة الله عليه qoutes modudi's statement that proves this claim, anyone who wants to see, it is written on page 190 of the above version of book that I shared in my previous post).....................
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd August 2015 19:37
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

"Abu A'la Mawdudi, completed his secondary education successfully and was at the stage of undergraduate studies, At Dar ul Ulm Hyderabad, when his formal education, was disrupted by the illness and then the death of his father. This did not deter Mawdudi from continuing his studies, however though these had to be outside of the regular educational institutions. By the early 1920's Abu A'ala knew enough Arabic, Persian, and English, beside his mother tongue to study, Urdu to study the subjects of his interest independently. Thus most of what he learned was self-acquired though for short spellsof time he was able to receive systematic instruction or guidance from competent scholars. Thus, Mawdudis intellectual growth was largely a result of his own effort. and the stimulation he received from his teachers.
His moral uprightness, his profound regard for propriety and righteousness, however, largely reflect the religious piety of his parents and their concern for his proper moral upbringing. "
Mawdudi an introduction to his life and thought by Khurshid ahmed, And Zafar Ishaq Ansari.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd August 2015 19:39

Maulana Maududi (RA) according to Deobandees was:

1. Ignoramous
  2. Deviant
  3. Not a Scholar
  4. Stubborn
  5. Smoker
  6. Believed in marrying Sisters (Gujranwala Deobandees)

Any one discussing the matter of Maulana Maududi (RA) and disagreeing with Deobandees is:

1. Deviant
  2. Modernist
  3. Jamaat-e-Islami Supporter
  4. Not an Alim so can't disagree

Since there is no time for tittle-tattle, I will just present 2 Facts and then leave the matter:

Fact ONE Maulana Maududi (RA):

Shaykh (Mufti) Kifayatullah (RA) is one of the AKABIR of Deoband and a well known and trusted Muftees. As the Head of Jamiat Ulama-e-Hind He founded a magazine in 1921 called "Muslim" and became his Editor. This was the mouth-piece of Deobandees in India.

While working Shaykh (Mufti) Kifayatullah (RA) found a young man (around 21) was very impressed with Knowledge & Piety and made him the Editor-IN-Chief of this DEOBANDI MAGAZINE. The name of this 21 year old was Maulana Muadudi (RA).

Due to financial constraints this magazine went bankrupt after 2 years in April 1923

Fact TWO Maulana Maududi (RA):

Shaykh (Mufti) Kifayatullah (RA) then founded a second magazine called "Al-Jamiat" in June 1925. By this time Maulana Muadudi (RA) had already managed the (previous) magazine "Muslim".

Shaykh (Mufti) Kifayatullah (RA) the Head of Jamiat Ulama-e-Hind recalled Maulana Muadudi (RA) and he now became the Head of Al-Jamiat for the next 3 years until May 1928.

The earlier editions have the name "Maulana Irfan" and later they have the name of Maulana Muadudi (RA) and these scans are still found in Indian/Pakistani libraries.

Maulana Muadudi (RA) left "Al-Jamiat" in 1928 due to his differences with Jamiat Ulama-e-Hind over their involvement with Indian National Congress as in his (opinion) they were too cozy with Hindus and had too much of Indian Nationalism.

Thus came the LONG TUSSLE between Maulana Muadudi (RA) and Jamiat Ulama-e-Hind in particular Shaykh (Maulana) Hussain Ahmed Madani (RA) which lasts to this age.

Shaykh (Maulana) Ashraf Ali Thanwi (RA) and Shaykh (Maulana) Hussain Ahmed Madani (RA) has pretty much the same dispute.

Reality about Maulana Maududi (RA):

1. Maulana Maududi (RA) was stubborn and well set in his views to the point where (original 75) who found Jamaat-e-Islami ALL LEFT HIM and NONE REMAINED.
  2. He also made errors in both Fiqh and other matters

No different to a hunderds of other people in Islamic History

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd August 2015 19:49

Abdullah1 wrote:
View original post

Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

urdulibrary.paigham.net/2012/03/22/molana-maodode-par-itr...

All of your questions are answered by Shaykh (Mufti) Muhammad Yusuf (RA), student of Mufti Kifayatullah Dehalwi (RA). This is how the2 volumes begin:

1. Shaykh (Mufti) Muhammad Yusuf (RA) attests his Aqeedah
  2. Shaykh (Mufti) Muhammad Yusuf (RA) then attests his Academic qualification
  3. Shaykh (Mufti) Muhammad Yusuf (RA) then states about his Teacher (of Hadeeth) Mufti Kifayatullah Dehalwi (RA)
  4. Shaykh (Mufti) Muhammad Yusuf (RA) then gives dates and years of Graduation of Madrasah Ameeniyya which ran under Mufti Kifayatullah Dehalwi (RA)
  5. Shaykh (Mufti) Muhammad Yusuf (RA)then testifies his qualification as a QADHI (higher then Mufti) in the Independent state of SWAT in Pakistan
  6. Shaykh (Mufti) Muhammad Yusuf (RA)then testifies his allegience and adherence to Akabir of Deoband

THEN he asnwers all the objections and statements of Deobandees, pleasde feel free to read it.

Jzk

+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd August 2015 19:53
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

It will be good if you provide proofs regarding mistakes and gustaakhis in the favor of Ambiyaعليهم السلام, Sahaba رضي الله عنهم that historians (ahlulsunnah not ahlul tash'ee) made similar to modudi. Also please clarify you view regarding those statements.

I am asking just to learn. May be Moulana Yousuf Banori RhA, Moulana Manzoor Noumani RhA, Moulana Syyed Abul Hassan Ali Nadwi RhA, Moulana Yousuf Ludhyanwi RhA, Hazrat Aqdas Syed Hussain Ahmed Madani RhA, and many others, were erred and mistakenly considered these statements as gustakhi....

JazakAllah
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd August 2015 20:00

Abdullah1 wrote:
View original post

حضرت اعلی

میرے پاس اتنا وقت نھیں کہ میں مولانا مودودی کا دفاع کرتا پھروں نا مجھے کوی شوق ہے، مگر شاید یہ پوسٹ آمکی نظر سے نھیں گزری

Honourable Hazrat (DB),

I neither have the time nor care to defend Maulana Maududi (RA), however it appears that the following post has been missed by you.

All of your questions are answered by Shaykh (Mufti) Muhammad Yusuf (RA), student of Mufti Kifayatullah Dehalwi (RA). This is how the2 volumes begin:

1. Shaykh (Mufti) Muhammad Yusuf (RA) attests his Aqeedah
  2. Shaykh (Mufti) Muhammad Yusuf (RA) then attests his Academic qualification
  3. Shaykh (Mufti) Muhammad Yusuf (RA) then states about his Teacher (of Hadeeth) Mufti Kifayatullah Dehalwi (RA)
  4. Shaykh (Mufti) Muhammad Yusuf (RA) then gives dates and years of Graduation of Madrasah Ameeniyya which ran under Mufti Kifayatullah Dehalwi (RA)
  5. Shaykh (Mufti) Muhammad Yusuf (RA)then testifies his qualification as a QADHI (higher then Mufti) in the Independent state of SWAT in Pakistan
  6. Shaykh (Mufti) Muhammad Yusuf (RA)then testifies his allegience and adherence to Akabir of Deoband

THEN he asnwers all the objections and statements of Deobandees, pleasde feel free to read it.

Jzk

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd August 2015 20:03
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd August 2015 20:11

Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

Hazrat,

I read the Tafseer of Maulana Maududi (RA) as a 13 year old boy. I had no idea what Jamat-e-Islami or Maulana Maududi (RA) was and I have no idea where the Tafseer came from. As a 13 year old, I just wanted to read the Qur'aan and that's all that was avaiable to me.

A year or two later Shaykh (Mufti) Yusuf Ludhyanwi Shaheed (RA) started writing "Aap Kay Mas'ail Aur Unka Hal" my uncle was the Editor of the Newspaper and my father used to read it so I started reading it and read the whole Maulana Maududi (RA) refutation as a 14/15 year LIVE before the book was published.

I have NEVER EVER READ a single book of Maulana Maududi (RA) in Full since the age of 15 after the refutation until TODAY.

I am not bothered about the subject but I enquired from the (Deobandi) Ulama directly about the objections and read the responses to all these allegations.

I am giving you the summarised version by a Deobandi (Qadhi) here:

If you wish for me to defend Maulana Maududi (RA) by translating and analysing every single one of his quote and then the counter response and then analysing it; I am afraid I don't have time for it.

But if you (or others) believe that the Grand-Mufti of Deoband (Mufti Kifayatullah (RA)) would appoint an ignoramous, Jaahil, Smoking guy to head his 2 magazines for 5 years, you are entitled to your opinion.

Perhaps some day when I am totally idle I can discuss the issues in detail but for anyone who is curious READ THE BOOKS.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd August 2015 20:31
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I am puzzled, did he write about the Prophets and Ashaabs (MPBUTA) in a disrespectful way or not?
If yes then why were you so against the way Mufti Tariq spoke?
If no then I am truly surprised. I've always heard that he wrote in a disrespectful way although I admit I havent checked up on it myself.

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd August 2015 20:42
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Dear brother,
It realy does not matter how many times you said you're not jamat e islami or defender for maulana maududi. But i think i am very close in my guess that you are amongst them.
Anyway brother do not put meat in the scale of gold. Where is maulana ashraf ali thanvi (r) and madani rahimahullah and where is maududi?.
I will conclude my conversation with you saying something.
First of all i would say you do not have knowledge of asmaa ur rijaal. If you have then you would of understood this. Look if you want to know about a person,then you read and get closer to those who were in the same time of that person. Alright... this is how we judge people. Not looking at so called internet biographies.
Other thing is he was educated himself. Its not actually a problem that he was educated himself,but the problem is he did not follow aslaaf. whereas following aslaaf is part of deen as Allah swt shows it in surah faatiha and with many other verses. Right... maulana maududi is a lonely walker who walked alone in the path of deen. And we knew from hadith where rasool sallallaahu alaihi wasallam says "من شذ شذ فى النار" meaning: Whoever stays alone from the aslaaf they stay close to hell fire. Now my point is if i talk about him and defend him then its not actually benefiting me because he was not even a follower of aslaaf. If i defend him then i might talk against my aslaaf,which i dont want to do.
Ok..

Now if Allah swt forgives his errors then its between him and Allah. But i have to inform the truth to the ummah.
+1 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd August 2015 20:47

Notice that the person has:

1. No Ability to directly read for Himself
  2. Has NEVER directly read the material (for himself)
  3. No Ability to read the detailed responses in 2 Volumes

Case Ends

abu sawda wrote:
It realy does not matter how many times you said you're not jamat e islami or defender for maulana maududi. But i think i am very close in my guess that you are amongst them.

There is nothing else left to argue except in the Court of Allah (SWT).

byellow200 wrote:
View original post

Maulana Maududi (RA) died around 1979...Whatever he did; let Allah (SWT) Judge him.

IF THIS matter concerns you directly learn:

1. Exactly what he wrote
  2. Exactly the objections upon Him
  3. Exactly how he responded (because he did in his lifetime)

If its idle curiosity it makes no difference to your life and Islamic upbringing so leave it be. This is my friendly advice.

Mutfi Tariq (HA)'s talk about Aamils has NOTHING to do with this Topic; neither had anything crossed my mind about this topic when we were discussing this.

Jzk

+0 -1Dislike x 1Disagree x 1

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What letters are in the word in blue?