Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Top Members

OPINIONS ABOUT DR ZAKIR NAIK

You have contributed 34.1% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd May 2015 15:14
Youth want Molvi sahb in trousers which is no possible. So anyone in trousers and talking english fluently and quoting ayat and hadith no. in Indo-Pak will attract youth. You all would have heard Dr sb reciting Quran? When an alim recites Quran with good tajweed no youth is attracted. Whereas dr sb gets admiration when he recites quran with bad tajweed and accent, just because he quotes the verse and chapter no? Here in our local mosque there is a small kid about 7 yrs, he can read even in reverse. Hafiza is something else and tafaqquh is something else.
report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd May 2015 15:53

Abdullah1 wrote:
View original post

More misunderstanding...

1. Could it be as simple as he speaks in a language and tone which people understand? And Ulama after spending decades in a Darul-uloom speak in a way which is uncommon to people?
  2. He encourages and asnwers questions while Ulama DISCOURAGE or mostly don't even give an oppurunity to ask? In fact most of the times give Bayans (i.e. top down talk with no feedback, comments or questions)?

Rank Image
UK
Brother
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd May 2015 16:54
Because this topic depresses me to such an extent I will stay out!

Its always easier to blame others and everything else but takes courage to put your hand up amd admit your mistakes and improve.
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd May 2015 18:00
Assalamu alaykum

There is a craze here for anything 'imported'. Cloth exported from here in India returns as "made in japan/swiss" is sold at triple the cost. 'Dallal' is not a respected job but 'Broker' is, 'marwadi' is not respected but 'banker' is.

The fitnah discussed here is affecting the english educated youth. But, alas, there is no proper english literature or local english speakers available.

But the fitnah has universal co-ordination and haq is responding non-united. Regular visits by english speakers, like, Shaykh Mumtazul haq, Shaykh Riyadul haq, Mufti Muhammad ibn Adam Al Kawthari etc. will help here.

And books like "Tajalliyath-e-safdar", "hadeeth aur ahle hadeeth", "Daleel-e-namaz" By Mufti Shoaibullah Khan Miftahi, "namaz-e-payambar" by Ilyas faisal etc shall be translated to english (the standard should be similar to what the gair muqallids offer). Posters in urdu prepared by Moulana Ilyas Ghuman DB also shall be translated to english. Attempt is made here to translate this literature to english, but they are no where near to the required standard.

Atleast the books like "salah of believer" shall be allowed to be reprinted in India. Copy right should be resolved.
#20 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd May 2015 18:31
One book to be added for english translation masailefiqhehanafi1 & 2 published from Malegaon, India.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#21 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd May 2015 19:53
Dr sahb is popular because:
1. He is boosted by MEDIA
2. He speaks English
3. He wears English dress
4. He doesn't call himself molwi or moulana etc but Doctor

And our youth which is brainwashed by media WANTS ALL THESE THINGS and they consider ulama as
1. Something inferior (ma'azallah)
2. Illiterate, because they can't speak English Sharif
3. Backward, because of their getup

And all these things stop our youth from coming close to ulama.
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#22 [Permalink] Posted on 24th May 2015 01:06
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

There is another aspect also. Deobandi 'Ulama

- get funding from no particular source
- have no common banner under which all can be assembled for any purpose
- are always blamed by Muslim and non Muslim governments for "producing extremists/radicals"
- have the tendency of staying away from mass media

On the other hand, Zakir Naik has these:

King Faisal Award 2015.jpg
Downloads: 70
    [132.27 kB]
UAE.jpg
Downloads: 88
    [78.38 kB]
Rank Image
London
Brother
#23 [Permalink] Posted on 24th May 2015 09:08
Black Turban wrote:
View original post

This is not the fact, The fact is we (ulama) spend our times in hasad,namimah(being envy, backbiting).
Also knowing english is not the case, it is partly because of staying away from electronics media. Otherwise there are a huge number of ulama who know english .
Moreover i would say they are more advanced than zakir naik having knowledge in different different languages including arabi,urdu,bangla,hindi,english,pashtu,french,italiano,spanish etc.

I request all to not take the negotiations all the way to disrespect ulama of deoband, Maa shaa Allah they are doing their job. If you go any deeni madrasah you can see it. We can mention their misunderstanding as weak point of ulama e deoband.

End of the day we all (ulama) are connected to each other as heirs of prophets, our chain of sanad goes to our beloved rasool sallallaahu alaihi wasallam.
#24 [Permalink] Posted on 24th May 2015 11:18
Assalamu alaykum

Moulana, but here on this forum brothers expect an English speaker/debater of the caliber of Moulana Manzoor Nomani RA, Moulana Ataullah Shah Bukharee RA, Moulana Ameen Safdar RA, Moulana Ilyas ghuman DB, Moulana Tahir Gayawee DB.

Ulema take directions from Senior Ulema of deoband and they haven't felt the necessity yet. This is my personal experience, we met Moulana Sayeed Khan sahib Palanpuri DB for this, he just said "we shall do something on this". So whenever these senior ulema visit their countries, the locals can discuss with these senior ulema.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#25 [Permalink] Posted on 24th May 2015 11:42
guest9123 wrote:
View original post

I guess each country does something in their native language. Here in the UK, we have Ulama who are trying their best to tackle many of today's issues. However, we do not have the funding like that of Dr Zakir Naik.

Dr Zakir has funding from the richest people as well as from a means that is not permitted..... And I'll post a link to show you where and why.

If the Ulama of Deoband had the same capital, then maybe theiy too would be able to produce like he does.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#26 [Permalink] Posted on 24th May 2015 11:45
#27 [Permalink] Posted on 24th May 2015 11:49
Br @AbuMuhammad

Ikhlas shall win. Batil moves on shoulders of four men. But let us contribute our part, we need not re-invent the wheel. There is more than enough stuff in urdu, this can be utilised.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#28 [Permalink] Posted on 24th May 2015 12:00
guest9123 wrote:
View original post

Urdu for a worldwide audience is not good enough.

Even the Jehovah's witnesses do things in every language in the world. I've met Jamaican people who can read and write Mandarin (chinese) just for the purpose of dawah. The age old Ulama who did this sort of thing are no longer heard of, we need them back too.

If this forum was in Urdu, I wouldn't even bother looking at it because it's not my language. If I was good at reading Urdu, then maybe, just maybe I'd look for a couple of articles and that's it.
#29 [Permalink] Posted on 24th May 2015 12:11
Quote:
Urdu for a worldwide audience is not good enough.

Sorry brother, I could not convey properly.

What I said is, to face any kind of fitnah there is enough mawaad (material) available in urdu, we need not re-invent the wheel, take help of translators and present it to local ulema, they can refine it and then present it to local audience.
#30 [Permalink] Posted on 24th May 2015 12:39
It was conveyed to ZN that the local ulema are ready for a debate in urdu on madhab and taqleed, with precondition that the debate shall be in urdu, indoor, no media or publicity etc.

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What letters are in the word in blue?