You have contributed 27.6% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed, Seifeddine-M, sharjan8643
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd April 2017 15:59
If you are in dire need of photo that if you do not take photograph then it shall invite some problems then it shall be lawful to take photograph as:
الضرورات تبيح المحظورات
Necessity permits things that are forbidden.

(وقَدْ فَصَّلَ لَكُم مَّا حَرَّمَ عَلَيْكُمْ إلاَّ مَا اضْطُرِرْتُمْ إلَيْهِ )

while He has explained to you in detail what is forbidden to you, except under compulsion of necessity? [Surah al-'An'aam:119]

As for picture taking as a hobby or as a form of art by the use of the camera or by hand or by any object then it is Haraam and it is not allowed except in case of necessity only. In accordance to the necessity it is a concession. It is a concession due to a necessity only.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd April 2017 16:27
tasbeeh wrote:
View original post

It seems only Indian scholars, and even then only some of them, still hold on to this backwards and retrogressive ruling that photos are haram.

There are many authentic Sunni scholars around the world and even in India who say that photos are permissible as long as the intention is correct. Necessity isn't a requirement for something permissible.

The job of the layman is simply taqlid of authentic scholars not to act as keyboard Mujtahids and question their rulings.

Times have moved on and the scholars have moved on too - well most of them. You guys really need to learn to look beyond your narrow Desi confines.
+0 -0Dislike x 2Disagree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd April 2017 16:50
guest9977 wrote:
View original post

When the Muslim ummah adhered to its religion at the beginning of Islam, it had power, might and strength, and were advanced in all aspects of life.

But the Muslim ummah started to fall short in its commitment to its religion and introduced into the religion of Allaah things that are not part of it, in terms of beliefs, words and actions. That led to falling behind and becoming backward to a large extent. We know for certain, and Allaah is our witness, that if we go back to what our forebears followed in religious terms, we would become great and honoured and would prevail over all people.
+1 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#34 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd April 2017 17:08
Anonymous wrote:
View original post

The issue isn't being backwards or regressive but following the Sunnah of Prophet (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam).

Those who hold the view that photography is categorically Haram are following Hadeeth and have sound basis for their opinion and may Allah Ta'ala reward them (Ameen).

My complaints to the group are:

1) Don't be Nasty
2) Be consist, coming to UK is not an Islamic need for you or your teachers to override this prohibition
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
+3 -0Disagree x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#35 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd April 2017 15:10
SHUKRAN MUAADH.

THAT'S IT!
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#36 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd April 2017 16:39
I would like to narrate an incident to me told by Shaykhul-Hadeeth (Maulana) Sameeruddin Qasmi (DB) of Manchester.

Anyone who doesn't know who he is "google it" and check his pedigree and status amongst Ulama of Hanafi Madhab.

Maulana is often invited to deliver Khutbah in many Masajid. He went to a Masjid and before Friday they asked him to deliver a stinging refutation of praying Tahayiyatul-Masjid during Khutbah because a Salafi comes and does this every week.

Maulana replied "He is following Sunnah and you want me to prevent him from following Sunnah? By Allah! I will never do it...My opinion is that it is Waajib to listen to Khutbah and Tahaiyatul-Masjid must NOT be prayed. I can discuss it all day and establish the strength of our (Hanafi) Madhab but to prevent someone from following Sunnah...we will not do this"

Those who oppose photography are our Brothers, we don't hate them, we don't dislike them and they are following Sunnah...

By Allah! we will stand to defend them against every Modernist and those who label them as being backwards due to our love for Nabi (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam) and their zeal for the Sunnah.

If being labelled as backwards takes you to Jannah then may Allah make us all "backwards" (Ameen)
+0 -1Dislike x 1Ameen x 4
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#37 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd April 2017 23:30
From The Hanbali Madhab Facebook page:

Photography...

❝The prohibited "Taswir" that is found in the divine texts refers to making sculptures of animals and this includes sculptures of human beings. The majority of scholars include "drawing" under this ruling as well based on analogy.

The majority allow these things if something without which life doesn't remain is removed, like a head without the body or just the head and the neck, so on and so forth.

Now let's talk about photography...

When photography first appeared, the contemporary scholars differed with regards to its permissibility. A group of major scholars of the Maddhabs allowed it, like Ibn Badran al-Hanbali (r), Bakhit al-Muti'i al-Hanafi (r), and others, and this opinion became widespread. Whilst other scholars deemed it impermissible and this opinion became famous amongst the Salafis as this was the common opinion amongst their scholars. However, even some of the major Salafi scholars deemed it permissible, like Ibn 'Uthaymin (r).

These days the disagreement regarding its permisiblity is almost non-existent, and most of the contemporaries either allow it or have no choice but to do so, except a very few.

We can deal with this issue through the layman-approach – a pure blunder and it is a must that it be rejected regardless of its outcome – which is to deem photography impermissible '...because it is called “Surah”, therefore the threats and curses found within the divine texts apply to it, which in turn makes it impermissible based on clear unambiguous texts.' All of this is rejected. No scholar who knows how to write on behalf of his Lord will ever say this. This is just like someone who explains the word سيارة in the ayah (وجاءت سيارة فأرسلوا واردهم) as a car! Or like someone who says “artificial silk” is impermissible because it is called “silk”. These are the lenses of the untrained and uneducated.

We can also deal with the issue with an honourable and sensible approach, regardless of its outcome, which is to either draw an analogy between photos and sculptures that are prohibited in the texts, or between photos and mirrors and water, both of which are permissible as per the texts and by consensus.

So, those who didn’t see any difference between the original case (asl), i.e. – sculptures, and the new case (far’), i.e. – photos, nor did they consider the analogy between photos and water and mirrors to be valid, ruled it as impermissible.

As for those who saw a significant difference between photos and sculptures, and saw that it is more similar to mirrors and water, ruled it as permissible, and this is the view I advocate.❞

— Sh. Muhammad 'Abdul Wahid al-Hanbali (h)

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#38 [Permalink] Posted on 24th April 2017 00:52
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Respected Muadh,

May I lodge this very concern with your tone as well? Your choice of tone and words for scholars who are adamantly against all form of photography, analogue or digital, online or printed.. is pretty Nasty too :)

You need to tone it down, instill softness and hilm in your interaction with them, regardless of how brutal some of them may have been or are to you.

Wassalam,
+5 -1Dislike x 1Agree x 3Winner x 4
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#39 [Permalink] Posted on 24th April 2017 07:27
abuhajira wrote:
View original post

W-Salam Hazrat Mufti Saheb,

As discussed with you privately and publicly before several times.

Park me out of the picture for a moment.

Will you honestly stand in front of Allah Ta'ala on the day of Judgement and testify that the tone and mannerism of some of these towards others is conformant to the Sunnah? If you are willing to testify and affirm this behavior on Qiyamah then you are right to address me.

If you are not then you need to do some soul searching.

When dealing with bullies it is easier to focus on those who try to stop a bully rather then focusing on the bully because the bully is perceived to be too strong, too powerful, too prestigious to be addressed.

In addition, never mind the fact that addressing and publicly dressing down Muadh Khan is always more convenient then facing up to reality and answering some hard questions.

Jazakallahu Khayran
+2 -2Dislike x 2Disagree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#40 [Permalink] Posted on 24th April 2017 09:12
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Dear Muadh

Point #1: You chose NOT to discuss the issue with me and instead left the entire discussion in a fit of rage. Not once, rather twice.

Point #2: I have mentioned without any hesitation to you that your actions (completely changing your web-article) was a tad bit too personal. I do not need to sugar coat this.

Point #3: Your vendata is with Ml. AS of Majlis. there is no hiding it. It is blatantly clear in your private messages. And if it is as such, then so be it. I do not agree with Ml. AS Saheb on many many issues. Especially his tone, his remarks and decorum is utterly uncalled for. But I do not use that fuel my own nafs to hurl curses at him as well.

Point #4: JUST as I completely tolerate ulama' who in their ijtihadi opinion chose to opt for permissibility of digital photography (in whatever capacity) , I equally maintain the sounder position that digital photography is impermissible and comes under the same prohibition of the Ahadeeth.

Quote:
In addition, never mind the fact that addressing and publicly dressing down Muadh Khan is always more convenient then facing up to reality and answering some hard questions. [/quote]

Do you feel ashamed of being admonished by someone? If you have something to be corrected, you should feel happy that someone is clearly informing you. Remember that my statement was in response to your two points about speaking mannerisms.

You always put all these HA, and DB to our names. I request you not to do that for me. Instead, I want you to humble yourself in taking my critic with good heart. Contemplate inward and make muhasabah. This is not an attack on you, and defense of Ml. A. S. .. It is my direct guidance to YOU.

Yes I get it, you do not like Ml. Majlis's way of retort to you. Good! I do not either. It is not according to Sunnah. But you are liable for yourself. And he is liable to answer for his own self. InshAllah Allah shall question him on his statements. But You, my friend, need to worry about your words. because out of genuine care for you, I am informing you that your reactions both in private and public are not in accordance with the respectable decorum either!

[quote=whatsapp convo from Br. Muadh]
Jazakallahu Khayran Mufti Saheb for your public admonishment.

Didn't expect anything different from you then to ignore the real issues and turn it into a Muadh Khan issue.

I am hopeful I have targetted some real issues now. InshAllah I will check back later as well. I wish to keep all my correspondence with you here in open. It helps in keeping things in check.

P.S I hope you do not take it to heart that I posted your whatsapp comment up there, you did not show any reservation when I told you that I will cite it in this post.

Now, if you have any questions you would like to ask, please go ahead. But please maintain decorum, haya' and mannerism of a questioner when asking. Your general mannerism is a bit snobbish and demanding. A questioner should be "requesting" an answer, not demanding it as if it were their haqq. I cannot spend too much time, but I will answer as much as I can. bi-idhnillah.

Wassalam,
+5 -1Like x 1Dislike x 1Agree x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#41 [Permalink] Posted on 24th April 2017 09:43

abuhajira wrote:
View original post

I understand your point of view but don’t necessarily agree with your assessment.

I hope that you at least grant me the right to “consider” what you write about me and to at least “evaluate” its relevance. If your intention is to simply dress me down and accept your evaluation then I am Sorry to disappoint you.

My behaviour provoked you to the extent of at least writing on the topic so it’s an upgrade to dialogue; tick in the box (I guess).

Nobody stands up for basic human dignity and decency (these days) and I fully expect to pay the price for standing up and to be made an example to make sure that nobody else stands out of line.

I fully and completely expect to by targeted, lynched and attacked every time I try to stand (for what I believe) to be the truth.

I fully and completely expect deflection from the (actual) issues and for the discussion to be turned personal.

No problems...

P.S:  I feel absolutely no shame or regret in being publicly admonished or to have someone point out my errors, provided that they are factual. 

+0 -1Dislike x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#42 [Permalink] Posted on 24th April 2017 09:58
+0 -1Dislike x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#43 [Permalink] Posted on 24th April 2017 15:02
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Was this your question on the topic at hand or a dismissal of my advise towards your islah? We are talking about digital photography right? We are not discussing your ego are we?

When I gave you my advice, I do not expect an analysis. You either accept the advice or you dismiss it. You, Br. Muadh, have dismissed it. Fine. Back to the topic.

I do not feel the need to reply to much of your "deflection from the (actual) issue". So I will only highlight the "inappropriatnessess" in your post. These bold areas are inappropriate to say to someone you wish to seek deeni information from, more so when you continuously claim "I have never claimed to be pious, I have never claimed to be knowledgable".

Quote:
I understand your point of view but don’t necessarily agree with your assessment.

I hope that you at least grant me the right to “consider” what you write about me and to at least “evaluate” its relevance. If your intention is to simply dress me down and accept your evaluation then I am Sorry to disappoint you.

My behaviour provoked you to the extent of at least writing on the topic so it’s an upgrade to dialogue; tick in the box (I guess).

Nobody stands up for basic human dignity and decency (these days) and I fully expect to pay the price for standing up and to be made an example to make sure that nobody else stands out of line.

I fully and completely expect to by targeted, lynched and attacked every time I try to stand (for what I believe) to be the truth.

I fully and completely expect deflection from the (actual) issues and for the discussion to be turned personal.

No problems...

P.S: I feel absolutely no shame or regret in being publicly admonished or to have someone point out my errors, provided that they are factual.

All the above bold places are inappropriate to say in front of a teacher or an Alim. They are either insinuations, sarcasm, proclaimation of being targeted etc. With such provocation, do not expect a decent teacher/scholar/alim/human to enter a genuine dialogue with you.

Do not blame them for it, your decorum needs attention.

Now, the topic was digital photography. I started my post with the points. Do you have any clarification you seek in that regard. If not, and if your intent is only to discuss your own character rectification, then you can open a separate thread and I will diagnose and prescribe. I may charge you though. Since I work 60+ hours to earn very little (I have told you this, hence my lack of online interactions). So I will need to charge you consultation fee for such private Tarbiyah sessions.

I await your post on the topic.

Wassalam,
+7 -0Like x 2Winner x 3Creative x 1
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#44 [Permalink] Posted on 24th April 2017 16:50
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Your view and claim is that ʿUlamāʾ are inconsistent with regard to identifying the "Islāmic need" by providing leeway for passports in face of the default prohibition of pictures. However, this is not necessarily the case. Defining the "Islāmic need" or rather "permission" is an ijtihādī matter in itself. It is not a contradiction to say that one situation is justifiable for giving permission because of the undue hardships involved while another is not.

The average person can understand that you don't need an "Islāmic need" to go somewhere requiring a passport. Your objection to ʿUlamāʾ getting passports to travel to the UK for Ramaḍān implies that only in the case of an "Islāmic need", you can travel. This is simply not the case; it is a distortion of the reality. It implies that if someone wants to travel for business, to visit family or friends, or just for leisure, then just because these are not "Islāmic needs", it should be prohibited to get a passport for these purposes. How often does someone actually travel for an "Islāmic need" anyway? The Sharīʿah is free from such constraints.
+5 -0Like x 2Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#45 [Permalink] Posted on 24th April 2017 17:16
Wouldnt saying " travelling is not a necessity therefore there is no need to get a visa or passport" be like saying "driving a car is not a necessity therefore there is no need to get car insurance?"

BTW I am all for tolerance even when it comes to the differences regarding hard copy photos as well.
+0 -0Agree x 2