Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Words of Wisdom

Jump to page:

You have contributed 1.3% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
muslimah101, Seifeddine-M, abu mohammed, TalibatunNoor, Ibn Ayub, khalidbinwaleed, sweetmuslimahk1, muslimahkp786, fizzle, ayesha786, zy, t_ahsanul_uloom, Jannah, bint iqbal, sarah, umm uthman, Umer, Umm Afzal, member2, Taqwah, xfazx, Aisha95, yaz, rujie, xmuslimahx, Fisabilillah, muslima, Taalibah, no-username, MUSLIMAH_119, Umm Zahra, queenie, Yasin, Naqshband66, Jinn, umar123, abdullah150, AishaZaynap, Acacia, Desi tadka, Servant.Of.Allah, Abu Taalib Deobandi, Arslan., Black Turban, samy.3660, dr76, Coloratura, Maripat, samah, anataalib, Maria al-Qibtiyya, the fake shaykh, ibn Ismail, Abdullah1, byellow200, bint e aisha, In Need of Teaching, abuzayd2k, moulanakhalil
9 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1321 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2014 20:38
Wakee' ibn Jarrah once said, 'The intelligent one is he who understands the ways of Allah, not him who has understood the ways of this world.'
report post quote code quick quote reply
+4 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1322 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2014 20:42
Ibn Qudamah Al-Maqdisi mentions a conversation between a young lad and the great scholar Ibrahim Bin Adham in his book Kitab At-Tawwabeen, page 285.

The young boy: O Abu Ishaq, I am wronging my soul, advise me with something that'll hold me back from disobeying Allah and breathe new life into my heart.

Ibrahim Bin Adham: Alright. If you take five things from me and fulfill them, you can disobey Allah the Almighty all you want and no harm will come to you.

Young boy: (Interested) Ok, tell me.

Ibrahim Bin Adham: One, if you want to do other than what Allah wants you to do, then do not eat the food that He provides you.

Young boy: Then where am I supposed to eat from when all the food on earth is from Allah?

Ibrahim Bin Adham: Dear lad, is it right that you eat the food Allah the Almighty has given you and then go off and disobey Him?

Young boy: No it is not right. What is the second?

Ibrahim Bin Adham: Two, if you want to live life to the fullest in disobedience of Allah, then don't live on His land.

Young boy: That's harder than the first. Where shall I live when all that is in the east and west the belongs to Him?

Ibrahim Bin Adham: Dear boy, is it right that you eat His food and live in His land, yet still insist on turning your back when He calls you?

Young boy: No it's not right. What's the third?

Ibrahim Bin Adham: If you want to disobey Allah, yet still eating the food He gave you and still living in His land, then find a place where He can't see you.

Young boy: O Abu Ishaq, how can that be so when Allah is the All-Seeing and All-Knowing of all that happens, even what the heart whispers?

Ibrahim Bin Adham: Dear boy, is it right that you eat His food and live in His land and disobey Him while He watches you and what you are exposing?

Young boy: No it's not right. What's the fourth?

Ibrahim Bin Adham: When the angel of death comes to snatch your soul, tell him to grant you a day so that you can sincerely ask Allah for forgiveness and change your life.

Young boy: He won't grant me that.

Ibrahim Bin Adham: Dear boy, if you find yourself helpless to put off death for just one day and you know that it cannot be delayed by your wishes, how do you expect to win?

Young boy: (With a sigh) What is the fifth?

Ibrahim Bin Adham: When the gatekeepers of Hell will come to drag you away on your face to Hellfire refuse to go with them.

Young boy: Nothing will stop them.

Ibrahim Bin Adham: How do you expect to be saved then?

Young boy: Enough, Abu Ishaq. (And he lowers his head crying). O Allah, forgive me for my transgression.

Epilogue: Young boy went on to become a student of Ibrahim Bin Adham. He repented to Allah sincerely and lived an upright life with his teacher until death parted the two.
Imam Ibrahim Bin Adham died over a thousand years ago in the year 778 CE.
+5 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1323 [Permalink] Posted on 6th March 2014 13:27
O Allah, Do not ever let a bad thought enter my heart about any of your servants who are beloved to you.
Do not ever let me become a cause of distress or pain to such people.
Instead, grant me love for them,purely for your sake, and let their happiness with me be a means of acquiring your pleasure. Ameen.

Dua by
Shaykh Muhammed Saleem Dhorat
+4 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1324 [Permalink] Posted on 6th March 2014 13:29
Don't teach your children how to walk on the path of life, but teach them what the path is made up of.
+5 -0Like x 5
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1325 [Permalink] Posted on 6th March 2014 13:30
You cannot open the mind of another person unless you yourself have an open mind
+3 -0Like x 2Creative x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1326 [Permalink] Posted on 6th March 2014 13:31
The Prophet's (saw) character was termed tremendous because his concern was for Allah سبحانه وتعالى alone.
Imam Junayd al-Baghdadi رحمة الله عليه
+5 -0Like x 5
Rank Image
Muftisays Forum
Brother
#1327 [Permalink] Posted on 6th March 2014 13:50
When we allowed love for the dunya to enter our hearts at the expense of love for our Creator, when we made our nafs (lower self ) our guide, when we abandoned adherence to the shariah and the sunnah of the Prophet (Peace be upon him) and adopted the ideals and ways of the disbelievers, we deprived our own selves of the Help and Mercy of our Lord and weakened ourselves before our enemies.

Shaykh Zulfiqar Ahmad(d.b)
+4 -0Like x 3Winner x 1
Rank Image
Muftisays Forum
Brother
#1328 [Permalink] Posted on 6th March 2014 13:57
Hudayfah رضي الله عنه said A time will come for people when both evil & good are presented to a man, yet he does not know which to follow.
+5 -0Like x 4Winner x 1
Rank Image
Soleil
Sister
#1329 [Permalink] Posted on 6th March 2014 18:06
When Junayd Al-Baghdadi was 7 years old, his uncle Sirri Saqati was in a Sufi congregation and they discussed a topic "what is gratitude?"

The young Junayd answered, "a true gratitude is to not taking advantage of Allah's bounty and gift to do disobedience toward Him".
+5 -0Like x 5
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1330 [Permalink] Posted on 7th March 2014 09:30
Nowadays, response time to SMS, FB message, tweets are quicker compared to Azan.
+5 -0Like x 3Agree x 1Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1331 [Permalink] Posted on 7th March 2014 16:00
Abdullaah ibn al-Mubaarak - rahimahullaah - said:
I have seen sins kill the hearts and humiliation is inherited by their continuity. The abandonment of sins gives life to the hearts and the prevention of your soul is better for it.
+4 -0Like x 3Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1332 [Permalink] Posted on 7th March 2014 17:32
ibn Masood رضي الله عنه once said:
'Whoever wants to follow someone's way, let him follow the ways of someone who has passed away'
ibn Uthaymeen explains:
'for a living person is not safe from fitnah because an individual, if you connect the truth to him, this person may feel proud of himself and stray from the right path.
+4 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1333 [Permalink] Posted on 8th March 2014 19:36

Ibn al-Qayyim writes,

"Six matters that are linked to the prayer have been indicated as marks of hypocrisy:

1) Laziness when one stands up to pray

2) Intending to show off with one's prayer

3) Delaying the prayer

4) Praying in an extremely hasty manner

5) Barely remembering Allah during the prayer

6) Abandoning the congregational prayer."
[Hukm Tarik al-Salat, p. 105]

How many of these are we guilty of?!

And, if this is the case with those who actually PRAY and demonstrate these signs, how about those who do not even pray in the first place?!

O Allah! Make me and my progeny from those who establish the prayer!
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1334 [Permalink] Posted on 10th March 2014 17:45
Every vessel drips that which it contains -
Arabic Proverb
+4 -0Like x 3Creative x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1335 [Permalink] Posted on 19th March 2014 18:00
If you safeguard your matured daughters like gold and silver in home; people will pay good mahr and buy those golds.
- Farooq Bhai
+0 -0Disagree x 1

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'Remote' written in?