Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Words of Wisdom

Jump to page:

You have contributed 1.3% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
muslimah101, Seifeddine-M, abu mohammed, TalibatunNoor, Ibn Ayub, khalidbinwaleed, sweetmuslimahk1, muslimahkp786, fizzle, ayesha786, zy, t_ahsanul_uloom, Jannah, bint iqbal, sarah, umm uthman, Umer, Umm Afzal, member2, Taqwah, xfazx, Aisha95, yaz, rujie, xmuslimahx, Fisabilillah, muslima, Taalibah, no-username, MUSLIMAH_119, Umm Zahra, queenie, Yasin, Naqshband66, Jinn, umar123, abdullah150, AishaZaynap, Acacia, Desi tadka, Servant.Of.Allah, Abu Taalib Deobandi, Arslan., Black Turban, samy.3660, dr76, Coloratura, Maripat, samah, anataalib, Maria al-Qibtiyya, the fake shaykh, ibn Ismail, Abdullah1, byellow200, bint e aisha, In Need of Teaching, abuzayd2k, moulanakhalil
9 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1306 [Permalink] Posted on 24th February 2014 06:40

It is related that a group of people were once seated in the company of Al-Hasan Al-Basri (رحمه الله), when some men passed by, dragging along with them a body of a dead man. When Al-Hasan saw the dead man, a glint of instant recognition could be discerned in his eyes, and he fell unconscious from the shock of some memory that had just been rekindled.

When he regained consciousness, his companions asked him what was wrong with him.

He said;

This man - referring to the dead man being dragged along on the ground - used to be one of the best worshippers and one of the most renowned ascetics in the world (renouncing all the temporary pleasures of this world because he was so busy and devoted to worship).

One day he left his home, intending to go to the masjid to pray; but on the way, he saw a beautiful young Christian women, who became an immediate temptation to him.

When he proposed to her, she refused, saying, "I will not marry you until you become an adherent of my religion."

He went on his way, but as time went on, he yearned for her continued to increase. He then succumbed to her wish and exited from the fold of Islam - the religion of pure, unadulterated Monotheism.

After he became a Christian and some time passed, the woman came out to him from behind the curtain and said, "You are a man who is bereft of goodness. You have forsaken your religion, which was important to you for your entire life,

simply for the sake of a lust that is of no value. Indeed, I too am forsaking my religion, but not for the same reason. I am doing so in order to achieve a blissful existence that never comes to an end, an eternal existence under the care of the One, the As-Samad (i.e., Allaah; The Self-Sufficient Master, Whom all creature need, He neither eats nor drinks)."

She then recited the entire Chapter of Al-Ikhlaas:

"Say (O Muhammad (saw)): "He is Allah, (the) One. Allah-us-Samad (The Self-Sufficient Master, Whom all creatures need, He neither eats nor drinks). He begets not, nor was He begotten; And there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him." [Qur'aan 112:1-4]

When the people had heard about what she had said, they approached her and asked, "All along, you had this Chapter memorized?"

"No," she answered. "By Allaah, I had never known it before. But after this man continued to insist upon having me, I saw a dream; I saw Hellfire, and my place in it was shown to me. I became terrified and panic-stricken. Maalik - the gatekeeper of the Hellfire - said to me, 'Do not be afraid or sad, for Allaah has ransomed (i.e., saved) you with this man (i.e., he will take the place in Hellfire that you would have taken had not Allaah saved you).' He then took me by the hand and admitted me into Paradise. Seeing a line written inside of it, I read it; among what was written were these Words:

"Allaah blots out what He wills and confirms (what He wills). And with Him is the Mother of the Book (Al-Lauh Al-Mahfooz)". [Qur'aan 13"39]

He then recited Soorah Ikhlaas to me, and I began to repeat it. Then I woke up and had it (Soorah Ikhlaas) memorized."

Al-Hasan then said, "The woman then embraced Islaam, and the man - whose corpse you just saw being dragged away -was killed for having apostatized. And I ask Allaah to make us firm and steadfast upon guidance and to grant us safety and success."

[Glimpses From The Lives Of Righteous People. Page 53-55]
report post quote code quick quote reply
+4 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1307 [Permalink] Posted on 27th February 2014 12:23
Taken from a talk delivered by Shaykh Sulaiman Mulla.

"When they see me happy, it Hurts them! Today people are not sad over their issues. They are sad over the happiness of others"
+3 -0Like x 1Agree x 1Winner x 2
Rank Image
Soleil
Sister
#1308 [Permalink] Posted on 27th February 2014 12:30
"The wise person works modestly toward the Hereafter, while the foolish follows his lowly desires yet expecting blessings from Allah"

(Sahih Bukhari)
+4 -0Like x 3Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1309 [Permalink] Posted on 27th February 2014 12:36
This post has been reported. It could be due to breaking rules or something as simple as bad use of bbcodes which breaks the page format. We will attend to this soon.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Soleil
Sister
#1310 [Permalink] Posted on 27th February 2014 14:51
"Letting go of attachment doesn't mean you should own nothing. It means nothing should own you" (Ali ibn Abi Taalib)

"When you are afraid of doing something, dive straight into it. Because the intensity of fear from abandoning it is greater than when you actually (do what you) fear of" (Ali ibn Abi Taalib)
+6 -0Like x 4Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1311 [Permalink] Posted on 27th February 2014 16:01
Every end is a new beginning
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1312 [Permalink] Posted on 1st March 2014 08:23
"Tasawwuf enlightens the heart through knowledge, action, and dhikr. Hazratism boxes a person into groupthink and promotes sectarian bigotry." - Shaykh Hamzah Wald Maqbul.
+6 -0Like x 4Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1313 [Permalink] Posted on 1st March 2014 20:24
Maturity is not when we start speaking big things...it is when we start understanding small things.
+3 -0Like x 3Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#1314 [Permalink] Posted on 1st March 2014 20:26
Peace....It does not mean to be alone in a place where there is no noise or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still remember Allah and have calmness in your heart.
+5 -0Like x 4Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1315 [Permalink] Posted on 4th March 2014 14:19
Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools and accepted by idiots
+5 -0Like x 5
Rank Image
Bangladesh
Brother
#1316 [Permalink] Posted on 4th March 2014 18:14
Rasulullaah (saw) said: A person sees a straw in the eye of his brother, but neglects to see a log in his own eye. (Ibne Hibban)
+7 -0Like x 5Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1317 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2014 20:33
الإمام ابن القيم الجوزية رحمه الله فقال: بل الدين كله هو الخلق، فمن زاد عليك في الخلق، فقد زاد عليك في الدين
مدارج السالكين ج2 ص307

Imam Ibn Al-Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah رحمه الله said: Religion consists entirely of good character (الدين كله هو الخلق). Whoever surpasses you in good character surpasses you in religion.
+6 -0Like x 4Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1318 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2014 20:35
I found that sins kill the hearts
And they bring about humiliation by being addicted to them
And abandoning sin gives life to the hearts
And it is better for your soul that you disobey it
-Abdullah ibn Al-Mubarak rahimullah -
+4 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1319 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2014 20:36

عليكم بعمل الأبطال: طلب الرزق من الحلال
Do the Deed of Heroes: Seek Rizq from Halal
-Sufyan al-Thawri rahimullah-
+4 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1320 [Permalink] Posted on 5th March 2014 20:38
Hasan al-Basri said when he came across a group of people disputing:

"These ones have become tired of worship, speaking has become easy for them, and their piety has diminished, and that is why they talk."- Hasan al Basri
+4 -0Like x 3Winner x 1

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What part of the day is the background image (it's not day)?