Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Yasin, abu mohammed, Naqshband66, AishaZaynap, bint e aisha
1 guest appreciates this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 5th June 2011 11:16
"Racism did not exist between the Companions of the Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam, for they all believed in the principle that the most honourable from amongst them was the one with the most taqwaa." www.shaykh.org

The first racist was the Shaytaan, when he claimed to be better than Sayyidna Adam (عليه السلام):

"(Allah) said: "What prevented you (O Iblis) that you did not prostrate, when I commanded you?" Iblis said: "I am better than him. You created me from fire and created him from clay."" (7:12)
report post quote code quick quote reply
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 5th July 2012 13:11
It is re­ported that Abū 'Ubay­dah Ibn Al-Jarrāh - Allāh be pleased with him - said: "O peo­ple! Yes, I am a man from Quraysh, but there is not a white man (lit­er­ally: red), nor a black man amongst you who ex­ceeds me in right­eous­ness (taqwā) ex­cept that I wish I was in his skin."

[Al-Dha­habī, Siyar A'lām Al-Nubalā` 1:18]

http://www.sayingsofthesalaf.net/index.php/non-racial-supremacy/
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 10th August 2012 18:33
The Messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه وسلم said:

"You are not superior to a white - [lit., red], or black-skinned person, unless you excel him in piety." (Ahmad)

According to Allaah سبحانه و تعالى, the most noble and excellent person is the one with the highest degree of piety and reverent fear of Allaah in his heart.

Allaah سبحانه و تعالى says,
"O mankind! We created you from a single (pair of a) male and female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know each other. Verilt the most honoured of you in the sight of Allaah is the most righteous of you." (49:13)

There are three grades of taqwa, or "piety":

(1) the lowest degree is abstinence from ascribing partners to Allaah سبحانه و تعالى (al-shirk al-jali);

(2) the middle degree is abstinence from sins, disobediences, useless actions, and ostentation in obedience (al-shirk al-kafi);

(3) and the highest degree is that a person be in constant presence (hudur) with Allaah سبحانه و تعالى and absent from all besides him. (Mirqat al-Mafatih, 7:54)

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 10th August 2012 18:42
The Messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه وسلم said:

"Allaah does not look at your appearance or wealth but looks at your heart and actions." (Muslim)

Allaah سبحانه و تعالى "looks at your heart" by observing the number of praiseworthy and evil traits harbored within it (i.e., the level of conviction, sincerity, truthfulness, and ostentation), and "looks at your actions" by observing their validity or level of corruption - and rewards for each accordingly. He does not observe a person's physical appearance, nor does He look at how much wealth a person has accumulated. (Mirqat al-Mafatih, 9:175)

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 11th August 2012 01:58
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 14th February 2013 18:36
Abi Nudrah al-Mundhir Ibn Malik Ibn Qut'ah رحمه الله said, "Someone who heard the sermon of the Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم in the middle of the days of at-Tashreeq informed me that he said,

'O people! Indeed, your Lord is One and your father is one. Indeed, an arab has no excellence over a non-Arab, nor does a non-Arab have any excellence over an Arab, nor does a white person have any excellence over a black one, nor does a black person have any excellence over a white one, except through Taqwa. Have I conveyed the message?' They replied, 'You have conveyed it O Messenger of Allah.'" [1]

It is related by Imam Ahmad رحمه الله in al-Musnad. Al-Haythami رحمه الله said in al-Majma', "Its narrators are the narrators of the Saheeh." [2]

And Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah رحمه الله said, "The isnad is saheeh." [3]

Shaykh 'Abdur Rahman Ibn Burjis رحمه الله writes, "So when the Lord is One, and the father of mankind is one, then this does not leave any room for claims of excellence without the taqwa of Allah سبحانه و تعالى. That is, no consideration is given to such claims. And in this hadeeth, excellence is confined to taqwa and it is negated in anything other than taqwa." [4]

Notes:

[1] Saheeh: Related by Imam Ahmad رحمه الله in al-Musnad (5/411), 'Abdullah Ibn al-Mubarak رحمه الله in al-Musnad (no. 239) and al-Bayhaqi رحمه الله in Shu'ab al-Iman (4/289). Refer to al-Fath ar-Rabbani (2/226) of as-Sa'ati رحمه الله. It was authenticated by Shaykh al-Albani رحمه الله in Ghayah al-Maram (no. 313).

[2] Refer to Majma' az-Zawa'id (3/266) of al-Haythami رحمه الله.

[3] Refer to Iqtida as-Siratul Mustaqeem (1/266) of Shaykh Ibn Taymiyyah رحمه الله.

[4] Refer to the speech of ash-Shawkani رحمه الله in explanation of this hadeeth in al-Fath ar-Rabbani (12/226) of as-Sa'ati رحمه الله. And it is taken from Nayl al-Awtar (5/165) of ash-Shawkani رحمه الله.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 15th February 2013 09:58
All of Mankind are the Children of Adam عليه السلام and Hawwa' عليها السلام

Mufti Muhammad Shafi رحمه الله writes, commenting on the ayah,

"O mankind! We created you from a single (pair of a) male and female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know each other. Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allaah is the most righteous of you." (49:13):

"The current verse proceeds to set down the basis of an all-comprehensive and all-pervading principle of human equality. It has firmly laid the axe at the false and foolish notions of superiority, born of racial arrogance or national conceit.

All men have been created from a single male ['Adam عليه السلام] and a single female [Hawwa' (Eve) عليها السلام] as human beings. Therefore, all people are the descendants of 'Adam عليه السلام and Hawwa' عليها السلام and have been declared equal in the sight of Allah سبحانه و تعالى. No one is allowed to take pride nor to degrade others on the basis of pigment of his skin, the amount of wealth he possesses or by his rank or by his social status, descent or pedigree, but by his moral uprightness and the way he discharges his obligations to Allah سبحانه و تعالى and man. The entire human race is but one family. Division into nations, tribes and sub-tribes of all sizes, and races is meant only to give a better identification of one another."

Circumstances of Revelation

This verse was revealed on the occasion of the conquest of Makkah. When it was time for prayer, the Holy Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم asked Sayyidna Bilal رضي الله عنه to call the adhan.

One of the pagan Quraish cynically remarked: 'Thank God that my father died before this happened, and he did not have to see this bad day.' Harith Ibn Hisham remarked: 'Could Muhammad not find anyone better than this black crow to sound the adhan in the Sacred Mosque!' Abu Sufyan رضي الله عنه said: 'I do not wish to utter anything for fear that the master of the heavens will inform him.'

Thus Jibra'il عليه السلام came down and informed the Holy Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم about this conversation. The Holy Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم called them and asked them about it. They admitted. At this, the current verse was revealed.

Taqwa of Allaah سبحانه و تعالى is the Basis of Honour

This verse made it plain that human beings can earn honour on account of their faith and righteousness. The immediate application of the verse was to Sayyidna Bilal رضي الله عنه, and therefore the Holy Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said to those people: "You are empty (i.e. you have no moral leg to stand on.) Sayyidna Bilal رضي الله عنه, on the other hand, is equipped (with high moral qualities); and he is better and more honourable than any of you." [Baghawi, as cited in Mazhari].

Sayyidna Ibn 'Abbas رضي الله عنهما says: 'For people "honour" lies in wealth, whilst in the sight of Allah سبحTانه و تعالى it lies in righteousness.'

Analysis of Important Words in the Verse

The word Shu'ub is the plural of Sha'b which refers to a large group of persons of the same origin, (like a nation). Then it consists of clans and tribes.

The largest group in this arrangement is called sa'b, and the smallest is called 'ashirah. Abu Ruwaq رحمه الله says that the words Shu'ub and Sha'b refer to non-Arab nations whose lineage is not preserved, whilst qabail refers to Arabs whose lineage is well-preserved. The word asbat is used to refer to the children of Israel.

Lineal, National and Linguistic Division of Mankind: The Underlying Divine Wisdom is Identification

The Qur'an in this verse has made it clear that Allah has created all mankind from a single mother and a single father, and made them into a single brotherhood. But he has divided them into different tribes, nations, races, lineage and language-speakers/linguistic groups. The underlying Divine wisdom in such a division is mutual identification.

For example, if there are two persons bearing the same name, they could be differentiated by family name. It can also show the near and remote relations. Their Shar'i rights can be fulfilled on the basis of near and distant lineage. It is incumbent to determine the near and remote agnate heirs when applying the law of succession or dividing the estate of a deceased. In short, reference to one's lineage for the purpose of identification is not deemed to be pride and conceit.

[Ma'ariful Qur'an]
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 16th February 2013 15:27
The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said,

"Indeed, Allah سبحانه و تعالى has removed from you the arrogance of al-Jahiliyyah and its boasting about one's forefathers. All of the people are of two types: righteous believers or wretched sinners."

[Hasan: Related by Abu Dawud (5116) and at-Tirmidhi (3955). It was authenticated by Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah رحمه الله in al-Iqtida (1/220) and by Shaykh al-Albani رحمه الله in Sahih al-Jami' (1787)]
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 18th February 2013 09:09
Sayyiduna Abu Hurayrah رضي الله عنه said,

"It was said, 'O Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وسلم! Who is the noblest amongst the people?'

The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم replied, 'The one with the most Taqwa.'

[al-Bukhari and Muslim]
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 21st February 2013 09:22
The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said:

"Whoever is slowed by his deeds will not be hastened forward by his lineage."

[Saheeh Muslim]

All of mankind comes from the same source. Allah سبحانه و تعالى says,

"O mankind, fear your Lord, who created you from one soul (Adam) and created from it its mate (Hawwa [Eve]) and dispersed from both of them many men and women. And fear Allah through Whom you demand your mutual (rights), and (do not cut the relations of) the wombs (kinship). Surely, Allah is Ever an All-Watcher over you. " (4:1)

All people share this common lineage.

In reality, there is nothing naturally or inborn that seperates one human being from another. There is no difference, other than superficial ones, between a white man and a black man, an Arab or a non-Arab. The only thing that is going to distinguish them is faith, and the taqwa that is their hearts which is manifested in their deeds. Allah سبحانه و تعالى has said,

"O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted." (49:13)

Furthermore, all humans will stand in front of Allah سبحانه و تعالى by themselves and alone. At that time, all of the worldly blood ties and relations will be forgotten and will mean nothing. Everyone will care about themselves and will be worried about themselves. Allah سبحانه و تعالى describes that day in the following words:

"Then, when the Trumpet is blown, there will be no kinship among them that Day, nor will they ask of one another." (23:101)

"But when there comes the Deafening Blast. On that Day shall man flee from his brother. And from his mother and his father. And from his wife and his children. Every man, that Day, will have enough to make him careless of others." (80:33-37)

The only helpful factor for the person on that day will be the good deeds that he performed in this life. [Deeds without faith are of no avail. When the words "good deeds" are used, they imply a deed that is done with the proper faith and the proper intention of pleasing Allah سبحانه و تعالى]. Allah سبحانه و تعالى says,

"For all there will be degrees (or ranks) according to what they did. And your Lord is not unaware of what they do." (6:132)

If a person himself did not work for Paradise, then he is not going to be blessed with Paradise due to what others have done, no matter how close their blood relationship may be. Allah سبحانه و تعالى has said,

"Man can have nothing but what he strives for." (53:39)

If the deeds are not there, one's lineage is not going to help the person whatsoever. This is true for the noblest of mankind. In fact, when Allah سبحانه و تعالى revealed the verse,

"And warn your tribe (O Muhammad) of near kindred." (26:214),

the Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم went to the top of the hillock of Safa and said,

"O gathering of Quraysh! Purchase your own souls for I cannot save you from Allah. O tribe of Abd Manaf, I cannot save you from Allah. O 'Abbas Ibn 'Abdil Muttalib, I cannot save you from Allah. O Safiyya, the aunt of the Messenger of Allah, I cannot save you from Allah. O Fatima, daughter of Muhammad, ask of me what you will of my wealth, but I cannot save you from Allah." (al-Bukhari and Muslim)

If a person performs good deeds sincerely for the sake of Allah سبحانه و تعالى, then, regardless if he were from the noblest or the lowest of families, Allah سبحانه و تعالى will be pleased with him and Allah سبحانه و تعالى will enter him [by His mercy] into Paradise.
[Shaykh Zarabozo: Sharh Arba'een an-Nawawi رحمه الله]
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
London
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 21st February 2013 09:22
One of the ways by which Shaytan gets to man is by making him believe that the righteousness or prestige of his lineage or his family is going to save him from destruction in the Hereafter. In this hadeeth, the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم made it clear that if a person's deeds are not sufficient to get him to Paradise, his lineage is definitely not going to take him to Paradise.

al-Qaari رحمه الله points out that in line with what the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said, that it is not lineage but one's deeds and taqwa that seperates people, most of the early scholars whose names are still remembered today were were from ex-slave families or client families to the larger, more noble tribes. Those people, with their non-distinctive lineage, are still remembered today and people pray for them when they mention their names. However, the people from that time who had the great and noble lineage have, for the most part, become something forgotten.

[Zarabozo: Sharh al-Arba'een an-Nawawi رحمه الله, pp -1101-1102]
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
London
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 31st May 2013 09:59
Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah رحمه الله said,

"According to Allaah سبحانه و تعالى, the noblest of the creation are those with the most taqwa, even if such a person is not the son of a Prophet, nor the father of a Prophet.

Ibraheem عليه السلام was nobler to Allaah سبحانه و تعالى than Yusuf عليه السلام, even though the father of the former was Azar and the father of the latter was Ya'qoob عليه السلام. Likewise, Nooh عليه السلام was nobler to Allaah سبحانه و تعالى than Isra'eel عليه السلام, even though the sons of the latter were Prophets and the sons of the former were not.

If a man is from the best of the Arabs and another is from the Quraysh, then Allaah سبحانه و تعالى measures them in terms of their Taqwa. If they resemble each other with regards to it, they are upon the same level according to Allaah سبحانه و تعالى and if they contend with each other with regards to Taqwa, then they differ in their levels. Likewise, if a man is from the tribe of Hashim and another is from the best of the Quraysh, or the Arabs, or the non-Arabs, then the best of them with Allaah سبحانه و تعالى is the one with the most Taqwa. So if they are similar in terms of Taqwa, then they are similar in terms of their level and one of them does not excel over the other, not due to his father, nor his sons, nor his wives, nor his paternal uncle, nor his brother."

[Minhaj as-Sunnah]
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
London
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 21st January 2014 09:31
On one occasion, Ameerul Mu'mineen 'Ali Ibn Abi Talib رضي الله عنه gave equal shares of food and money to two women, one of whom was an Arab while the other was not. The former objected, saying: "By Allah, I am an Arab woman, and this woman is a non-Arab."

Sayyiduna 'Ali رضي الله عنه replied, "By Allah, I do not see any reason to give precedence to the offspring of Isma'eel عليه السلام over the offspring of Ishaaq عليه السلام with regard to this wealth."

Similarly, when he was asked to give precedence to the noble Arabs and Quraysh over the freed slaves and non-Arabs, he said: "No, by Allah. If it were my own wealth, I would divide it equally among the people, so how about when it is the people's own wealth?"

[Dr. 'Ali Muhammad as-Sallabi: 'Ali Ibn Abi Talib رضي الله عنه, IIPH, vol. 1, p. 398]
+4 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 21st January 2014 13:19
AAWW,

Im currently reading this book: Illuminating the Darkness: Blacks and North Africans in Islam (written by Habeeb Akande and editted by Abdassamad Clarke)

www.amazon.co.uk/Illuminating-Darkness-Blacks-North-Afric...

Alhumdulillah quite interesting so far. Habeeb Akande attended an event here near Hackney earlier this month where he breifly spoke about the book and subject.
+4 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 25th February 2014 12:04
Black And Noble - Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan

Halalified YT Audio

+3 -0Like x 3

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'Remote' written in?