Mujaahid, Jinn, bint e aisha
4 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 29th January 2011 23:25
By Maulana Muhammad Masood Azhar حفظه الله

1) No Deed Equivalent To Jihad

Narrated Abu Huraira (رضي الله عنه), a man came to the Messenger of Allah (صلي الله عليه وسلم) and said, 'Instruct me as to such a deed as equals Jihad (in reward).' He (صلي الله عليه وسلم) replied, 'I do not find such a deed.' Then he (صلي الله عليه وسلم) added, 'Can you, while the Muslim fighter is in the battlefield, enter your Mosque to perform prayers without cease and fast and never break your fast?' The man said, 'But who can do that?' Abu Huraira (رضي الله عنه) added, 'The Mujahid (Muslim fighter) is rewarded even for the footsteps of his horse while it wanders about (for grazing) tied on a long rope.' (Sahih Bukhari, Vol 1, p 391)

The virtue of an action is based upon its importance and its high status. Taking this into account the aim of Jihad is the elevation of Allah's word and this cannot be achieved without Jihad. For this reason the most virtuous deed stated in this hadith is Jihad. To comprehend this virtuous deed by the human mind may prove difficult, but only Allah's grace and mercy can enlighten us in this respect.

When we examine the religious laws in providing the reasons for Jihad being the most virtuous deed, we can present the view that Jihad is actually the protector of all other deeds. It is on account of Jihad that Muslims can be at ease and be able to lead their wav of life, fulfilling all obligations without the fear of the enemy. When Jihad is neglected, it is inevitable that the kuffar (unbelievers) will overpower the Muslims resulting in a breakdown of the Islamic way of life. Another reason for Jihad being the most virtuous deed is that a person sacrifices his two beloved things which are, his life and his wealth which is unlike other deeds. It can easily be concluded by this explanation why other deeds cannot compete with Jihad. In reference to some Ahadith in which other deeds have been given priority, the focus has been on a specific aspect and this has been considered acceptable. Generally, the Scholars of Hadith have given priority to Jihad by analyzing the details of the above Hadith. A great Scholar of Hadith, Kazi Ayadh Maliki states, 'One realizes the great status of Jihad by this hadith and no deed is equivalent to Jihad.' (Fathul Bari, Vol 6, p 5)

[The Virtues of Jihad]

report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 30th January 2011 23:33

2) Mujahid The Most Superior

Narrated Abu Sa'eed al-Khudri (رضي الله عنه), somebody asked, 'O Allah's Messenger! (صلي الله عليه وسلم) Who is the best among the people?' Allah's Messenger (صلي الله عليه وسلم) replied, 'A believer who performs Jihad with his life and wealth.' They asked, 'Who is next?"' He (صلي الله عليه وسلم) replied, 'A believer who stays in one of the mountain paths worshipping Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) and leaving the people safe from his Mischief.' (Sahih Bukhari, Vol. 1, p391)

It is clear from this hadith that the person who does Jihad in Allah's (سبحانه وتعالى) path is more superior than other Muslims. This has also been clearly stated in the Quran:

"Not equal are those of the believers who sit (at home), except those who are disabled (by injury or are blind or lame, etc.), and those who strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allah with their wealth and their lives. Allah has preferred in grades those who strive hard and fight with their wealth and their lives above those who sit (at home). Unto each, Allah has promised good (Paradise), but Allah has preferred those who strive hard and fight, above those who sit (at home) by a huge reward." (4:95)

It is regarding the great virtue and importance of Jihad that the Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم) participated in Jihad personally and urged his companions (رضي الله عنهم أجمعين) upon this deed so much so that there was no deed more beloved and virtuous in the eyes of the Sahaba (رضي الله عنهم أجمعين) as much as Jihad.

Some examples of the love for Jihad amongst the Sahaba (رضي الله عنهم أجمعين):

Hadhrat 'Umar (رضي الله عنه) said, 'Perform Hajj as this is a good deed, Allah has ordained us to perform Hajj, and Jihad is even better.' (Kanzul Ummal, Vol. 2, p258)

Hadhrat Abu Huraira (رضي الله عنه) said, 'Safe guarding the Muslim borders in the path of Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) (Jihad) is more beloved to me, than my worshipping Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) in the night of Qadr (Lailatul Qadr) in front of' Hajera Aswad (the black stone in the corner of' the Ka'bah).'

When the time of Hadhrat Khalid (رضي الله عنه) came to depart from the world, he said, 'I reached every possible place for Shahadah (martyrdom) , but it was written in my fate that I should die on my bed. In my opinion there is no deed more dearer than my waiting with my horse and shield in the darkness of night, the sky to be glittering due to the rain, waiting for the onset of dawn, so that I can attack the enemy.' (Al Jihad by Ibn Mubarak, p88)

Artat ibn Munzir reports that 'Umar (رضي الله عنه) asked the people in his gathering, '"Which person would attain the most virtue and reward?' The people suggested Zakah and Salah and agreed the highest rank is for the Ameerul Mu'mineen ('Umar (رضي الله عنه) himself) and started naming other individuals. Hazrat 'Umar (رضي الله عنه) then advised, '"Shall I tell you the best person in terms of virtue who is even higher than the Ameerul Mu'mineen (the leader of the Believers)?'. The people replied, "'Please do tell us.' He said, "'That small person who is holding the reins of his horse in Syria safeguarding the Muslim army, he is unaware if a wild animal will rip hint apart or an insect will bite him or the enemy will attack. This person is higher in rank than those people whom you have mentioned and he is higher than the Ameerul Mu'mineen in virtue.' (Kanzul Ummal, Vol 2, p289)

Hadhrat Abu Bakr (رضي الله عنه) used to walk with the Mujahideen (Islamic army) and accompany them to the outskirts of Madinah. (Sunani Kubra Baihaqi, Vol. 9, p173)

It is stated in a narration of Kanzul Ummal that a person came to 'Umar (رضي الله عنه) and asked for a horse. Hazrat 'Umar (رضي الله عنه) set the saddle on the horse and when that person started to ride off Hazrat 'Umar (رضي الله عنه) followed that person requesting he would supplicate for him. When 'Umar (رضي الله عنه) departed from him, that person said, 'O Allah give 'Umar (رضي الله عنه) the best reward.' (Kanzul Ummal, Vol 2, p289)

May Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) give us the ability to follow the footsteps of the Sahabah (رضي الله عنهم أجمعين) in their love for Jihad. Ameen!

[The Virtues Of Jihad]

Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 1st February 2011 15:49

3) The Grade Of The Mujahideen

Narrated Abu Huraira (رضي الله عنه) The Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم) said, 'Whoever believes in Allah and His Messenger, performs Salah (prayer) and observes Sawm (fasts) of the month of Ramadhan, then it will be a promise binding upon Allah to admit him to Paradise, no matter whether he fights in Allah's cause or remains in the land where he was born.' The people said, 'O Allah's Messenger! (صلي الله عليه وسلم) shall we acquaint the people with the good news?' He (صلي الله عليه وسلم) said, 'Paradise has one hundred grades which Allah has reserved for the Mujahideen who fight in his cause, and the distance between each of two grades is like the distance between the Heaven and the earth. So when you ask Allah (for something), ask for Al-Firdous which is the middle (best) and the highest part of Paradise. And above it (Al-Firdous Paradise) is the throne of the Benificent (i. e. Allah) and from it gushes forth the rivers of Paradise.' (Sahih Bukhari, vol 1, p391)

When a Mujahid sacrifices his wealth and life in the elevation of Allah's Religion, Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) in exchange will give him high ranks in Jannah, on the Day of Judgment. This hadith states that the distance between two grades in Jannah, is the distance between the earth and the sky. This reference is to illustrate the greatness of Jannah and in a hadith in Tirmizi, the distance between the two grades of Jannah is quoted as 100 years and in a further hadith in Tabrani this distance is quoted as 500 years.

The greatness of these Jannahs can be further established by a hadith in Tirmizi in which it is stated that, if the total universe was to be placed in only one of these grades of Jannah, it would be adequately accommodated. Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) has created these Heavens as a gift in exchange for the sacrifices and the noble deed of Jihad. It is stated in this hadith that the Creator of these grades of Jannah is Allah Himself. One can taste the sweetness of this hadith by the above mentioned words, Without any doubt, the Mujahids are very fortunate for whom Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) has created Jannah Himself. Shah Waliullah (رحمه الله) states in the explanation of the above hadith, that due to Allah's Religion being elevated by Jihad, the reward for the Mujahid is equally great. (Hujjatullahil Baligha, p548)

The Muslims should revive this work of Jihad today so that they may attain these great virtues.

(The Virtues Of Jihad)

Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd February 2011 11:33
This used to be one of my fav books, but people have taken it out of context and have started to misuse it.

Rank Image
London
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd February 2011 11:41

Post removed

Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd February 2011 14:53
ما شاء الله
Rank Image
London
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd February 2011 23:46

4) The Palace Of The Shaheed (Martyr)

Narrated Samura (رضي الله عنه), the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said, ""Last night two men came to me (in a dream) and made me ascend a tree and then admitted me into a better and superior house better of which I have never seen. One of them said, this house is the house of the Shuhadah." (Sahih Bukhari, Vol 1, p185)

The great status of the Shaheed is stated clearly in this hadith. The Prophet (saw) was shown the beautiful palace of the Shuhadah (martyrs) in Paradise on the night of Mi'raaj (when he ascended to the Heavens). The Shaheed has sacrificed his life by fighting in the path of Allah and this sacrifice is his most beloved and worthy possession. Allah therefore, honours and blesses him with these high grades and status and Allah's Forgiveness and Mercy surrounds him. Allah says in the Holy Quran: ""And if you are killed or die in the Way of Allah, forgiveness and mercy from Allah are far better than all that they amass (of worldly wealths, etc)." (3:157).

It is because of this honour from Allah that the Shaheed's deeds are forever lasting as Allah says: ""But those who are killed in the Way of Allah, He will never let their deeds be lost."" (47:4).

The respect and honour of the Shaheed is such that the Muslims have been prohibited from calling the Shuhadah dead because thev are alive as Allah says: ""And say not of those who are killed in the Way of Allah, "They are dead," Nay, they are living, but you perceive (it) not."" (2:154).

The Muslims are not onlv prohibited from calling the Shuhadah dead but further prohibited from even thinking of them as dead, because the Shaheed has sacrificed his life for such a great cause, as Allah says: ""Think not of those who are killed in the Way of Allah as dead. Nay, they are alive, with their Lord, and they have provision." "They rejoice in what Allah has bestowed upon them of His Bounty.." (3: 169-170).

Another reason for these great virtues and grades for the Shaheed, is because he has performed the best Jihad. The best Jihad is described in the following hadeeth: Hazrat Jabir رضي الله عنه narrates that a person asked, "O Prophet of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلم), which is the best Jihad?"" The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said, ""The best Jihad is that the legs of your horse be cut off and your blood be spilt (shahadah)." (Ibn Hibban; Ibn Majah; at-Targhib Wat-Tarheeb, vol 2, p438).

Therefore, the Jihad is the best deed and the best grade of Jihad is Shahadah (martydom) which the Shaheed has achieved. May Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) grant all the Muslims the desire for Shahadah. Ameen!

The virtues of the Shaheed are numerous and have been recorded in many Hadith books. The following is a list of some of these Ahadith:

Hazrat Jabir ibn 'Abdullah (رضي الله عنه) says that when 'Abdullah ibn Amr ibn Haram (رضي الله عنه) was Shaheed, the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said, "O Jabir! shall I inform you of how Allah honoured your father?"" He answered, "Please do." The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said, "Allah does not talk to anybody but behind the veil but he talked to your directly (withot the veil)." (Tirmidhi; At Targheeb wat-Tarheeb, Vol 2, p437).

Hazrat Obadah ibn Samit (رضي الله عنه) narrates, that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said, ""The Shaheed (martyr) is granted seven gifts from Allah. 1) He is forgiven at the fisrt drop of his blood. 2) He sees his status in Jannah (paradise). 3) He is dressed in the clothes of 'Imaan (faith). 4) He is safe from the punishment of the grave. 5) He will be safe from the great fear of the day of Judgment. 6) A crown of honour will be placed on his head. 7) He will intercede on behalf of 70 members of his family." (Musnad Ahmad; Tabrani, At Targheeb Wat Tarheeb, Vol 2, p443).

Anas ibn Malik (رضي الله عنه) narrates, that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said, "There are three types of Shuhadah. The first one is a person who went forth in the path of Allah (Jihad). His intention was not to fight or to be Shaheed, he joined solely to increase the number of the Muslims. If this person dies or is killed (in the path of Allah) all his sins will be forgiven, he will be safe from the punishment of the grave, he will be safe from the fear of the day of Judgment and he will be wed to hoorain (women of Jannah), he will wear the clothes of honour, and a crown symbolising honour and eternal life in Jannah will be placed on his head. The second type of Shaheed is a man who set out for Jihad with his wealth and life with the intention of reward. His intention was to kill the unbelievers and not to be killed. If he is killed or dies he will be in the grade of Ibraheem (), which is the honoured grade, in front of the King (Allah) who has power over all. The third type of Shaheed is he who set out for Jihad, with his life and wealth intending reward and he is determined to kill or to be killed. If he is killed or dies he will come on the day of Judgment with his sword on his shoulders when the people will be crawling on their knees. He will ask them, "Will you not make way for us as we have sacrificed our blood and wealth for Allah."

The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) continued, "I swear by the One in whose hands is my life, if this person was to say this to Ibraheem (عليه السلام) or any other Prophet they would make way for him recognising their duty. These Shuhada' will walk up to the pulpits of noor (light) beneath the Throne of Allah and they will sit there and observe the judgment of the people taking place. The sorrow of death will not reach them, nor the difficulty of the grave, nor will the blowing of the trumpet make them fear. They will not worry about their judgment, nor the crossing of the bridge (sirat). They will observe the judgment being carried out and whatever they will ask will be given to them. Their intercession on behalf of anybody will be accepted. Whatever they request from Jannah will be given to them and whatever place they will choose in Jannah will be their abode." (Bazzaz; Baihaqi)

Hazrat Abu Darda (رضي الله عنه) narrates that, "I heard the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) saying that the Shaheed will intercede on behalf of 70 members of his family." (Abu Dawood; At Targheeb wat-Tarheeb)

Mujahid (رحمه الله) said, that Yazid ibn Shajara was amongst those whose deeds would testify his sayings. He stated the following during a Khutbah (speech): "When the skies are opened and when the rows of unbelievers and believers are facing each other, the doors of Heaven and Hell are opened and the Hoorain (woman of Jannah) who have big beautiful eyes and are well dressed, peer from the sky. When a Muslim moves forward they say, "O Allah, make his feet steadfast, O Allah." And when he turns his back towards the enemy the Hoorain cover their veil from him and say, "O Alllah forgive him." O people make an effort for this, may my parents be sacrificed for you, do not disgrace the Hoor of Jannah. When a person is Shaheed, as the first drop of blood falls on the ground his sins fall down like the withering of leaves from trees and the hoorain come down towards him and clean the soil from his face. He will then be presented with a gift of a hundred pairs of clothes, which will not be human made, but will be the creation of Jannah. He stated further that, "I have been informed that the keys to Paradise are swords." (At-Targheeb Tarheeb, Vol 2, p444; Ibn Mubarak, p72).

Hayan ibn Abi Habla (رضي الله عنه) narrates that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said, "When a person is Shaheed, Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) creates a beautiful body for him. Then Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) orders his soul to enter this body. So it enters in the body. Then the person looks at his previous body as to what is being done to it, then he looks at the people around him who are grieving, he thinks that the people are listening and looking at him, he then goes towards his wives." (Ibn Mubarak, p93)

Naeem ibn Hamar (رضي الله عنه) narrates that a person asked the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم), ""Which Shaheed is superior"?" The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) answered, ""Those who are in the rows of battle and do not turn their face till they are killed. They will roam around in the highest rooms in Jannah and their Lord will laugh at them. This is an indication that, when Allah laughs at somebody, there is no accounting of his deeds on the Day of Judgment." (Musnad Ahmad; at-Targheeb wat-Tarheeb, vol 2, p442)

Imam Nawawi (رحمه الله) has narrated seven different views in association with the Shaheed from the commentary of' Sahih Muslim.

1) He is called Shaheed because he is alive and his soul is present in Dar-us-Sallam (a grade of Jannah) and his soul will be present in Jannah on the day of Judgment. So the meaning of Shaheed is present.

2) Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) and His angels bear witness to him for Jannah. So Shaheed is in the meaning of witness.

3) When a Shaheed's soul comes out he sees those grades and gifts
that Allah has made ready for him. So Shaheed is in the meaning
of observing Allah's gifts.

4) The Angels of blessings come down to place his soul at its rank. So Shaheed is in the meaning of the presence of Angels.

5) His obvious state (at the time of death) has testified his
'Iman (faith) and a good death (Islamic death). So Shaheed is in the meaning of testifying his death on 'Iman (faith).

6) The evidence to his Shahadah is the presence of blood and this
is why he is given the rank of Shaheed.

7) He will be appointed as a testifier for the Prophets (peace be upon them all) that they conveyed their messages to their nations. So Shaheed is in the meaning of testifier.

It is on account of these great virtues that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) and the Sahaba (رضي الله عنهم أجمعين) used to wish for Shahadah and used to love the death in Allah's path, and from whom even death used to run far away and fear them. May Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) grant all Muslims the desire for Shahadah. Ameen!

(The Virtues Of Jihad)

Rank Image
London
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd February 2011 16:07
O My Soul, Death Is Inevitable, So It Is Better for You to Be Martyred

5) One Morning Or Evening In Jihad

Narrated Abu Huraira (رضي الله عنه), the Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم) said, "A single endeavor (of fighting) in Allah's cause in the afternoon or forenoon is better than all that on which the sun rises and sets." (Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 1, p392)

In the explanation of this hadith Allama Ibn Dakikul Eed says that the meaning of 'a single expedition in the afternoon or forenoon of the Mujahid being better than all that is on the earth and which is in it,' is that if a person was to be given the whole world and own all the wealth and needs of the world and then he spends all this in a good cause, the reward of this cannot be compared to one noon or forenoon spent by the Mujahid in the battlefield, infact, spending one morning or afternoon in the battlefield is more virtuous than spending all the world in Allah's cause.

Allama ibn Hajar (رحمه الله) that this explanation is more understandable as it is supported by a mursul hadith narrated by Ibn Mubarak (رحمه الله) in Kitabul Jihad.

The Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم) sent an army in which Abdullah ibn Rawaha (رضي الله عنه) participated. When the army set out, 'Abdullah ibn Rawaha (رضي الله عنه) stayed behind so that he could perform Jumu'ah salah behind the Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم) and then intended to join the army straight after. The Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم) said to him, "I swear by the One in whose power lies my life, if you were to spend everything on the earth you could not attain the virtue of their one morning." (Fathul Bari, vol. 6, p91)

If the whole world was to be given to you and vou spent it all andwished to attain the virtue of those Mujahids who have spent one morning in Jihad you cannot do so. Hazrat Abdullah ibn Rawaha (رضي الله عنه) only stayed behind because he had been assured about his Shahadah by some words of the Holy Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم). So his desire was to perform Jummu'ah behind the Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم) and listen to his 'Iman (faith) affecting khutba (speech) and spend some more minutes in the blessed gathering of the Holy Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم) and then planned to reach his companions on a fast horse. But the Holy Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم) disliked this action and admonished him, that if he was to spend all the wealth of the world, he would not attain the reward of one morning in Jihad which he had delayed.

We find out from this saying that the journey of Jihad is also of the same category of reward as Jihad, similarly, the reward of the journey of coming back from the expedition has been narrated in a hadeeth as, "Returning from an expedition of Jihad is like going for Jihad." (Abu Dawood)

A further reason for this great virtue of spending time in Jihad is that Allah has bought the Muslims lives and wealth in exchange for Jannah. This business transaction can only be fulfilled in the battlefield. Clearly a Muslim is so happy and pleased with this transaction that he offers his life to Allah in the battlefield of Jihad to become the buyer of Jannah (Paradise). A Mujahid leaves everything behind in reaching the battlefield, where he continually- faces death. He has given himself up to Allah, in his march forth to the battlefield and this is the place where his chance of the acceptance of death is available. Taking all this into account it is as though he has given his life and he belongs to Allah. This clearly demonstrates the greatness of participating in Jihad.

Furthermore, some commentators of hadith have mentioned, that the measure of the highness of grades of a human is the love of Allah and sincerity, and the measure of decreasing of reward is the love of the world and deeplv indulging in it.

Although the Jews claimed to love Allah, they were ready to sell their faith for the world and they ran far from death. Had they loved Allah they would have loved death, as death is the door towards meeting the beloved Allah and becoming His special guests, but a Jew even fears from the name of death and wishes to live forever. These contradictions regarding what they say and do have clearly been mentioned in the Holy Quran.

The Mujahid is completely opposite to the character of a Jew, he marches forth in the battlefield leaving worldly luxuries for the love of Allah and to attain His pleasure, in removing Allah's enemies from the surface of the earth. He protects his friends and he loves death and seeks Shahadah, and his greatest pleasure is to shed his blood for his beloved Allah. It is precisely for this reason that his time in Jihad, is of great virtue and his supplication is accepted like the Prophet's (صلي الله عليه وسلم).

The Sahaaba (رضي الله عنهم أجمعين) (companions of the Prophet - صلي الله عليه وسلم) understood the significance of the time spent in Jihad. Therefore, they readily sacrificed all beloved things for Jihad to the extent that the person whom their hearts accepted the most and whom they loved more than their own lives, on his wish they were proud to sacrifice thousands of lives. On his behalf they were ready to sacrifice all their worldly wealth. For the cause of Jihad they even accepted parting from their beloved Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم) and there-was no shortage in fulfilling their duty of Jihad.

(Virtues Of Jihad)

Also see: Jaish-e-Muhammad (salallahu 'alayhi wasallam)

Rank Image
London
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 4th February 2011 16:43

6) The Prophet's (صلي الله عليه وسلم) Wish To Be Shaheed

Narrated Abu Huraira (رضي الله عنه), the Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم) said, "By him in whose hands my life is! Were it not for some men amongst the Believers who dislike to be left behind me, and whom I cannot provide with means of conveyance, I would certainly never remain behind any Sariyah (army unit) setting out in Allah's cause. By Him in whose hands my life is! I would love to be Shaheed in Allah's cause and then get resurrected, and then get Shaheed and then get resurrected again, and then get Shaheed." (Sahih al-Bukhari, english version, Vol. 4, pp42-43)

The Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم) has first of all comforted those who wished to participate in Jihad but did not possess the means to participate, and their grief is stated in the Quran:

"Nor (is there blame) on those who came to you to be provided with mounts, and when you said: "I can find no mounts for you," they turned back, while their eyes overflowing with tears of grief that they could not find anything to spend (for Jihad)." (9:92)

The Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم) comforted them by saying, "My heart wishes that I march forth with every group for Jihad but to comfort the hearts of these poor people who love Jihad, I send an army and do not go forth myself." This is why the Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم) participated in 27 battles and sent his companions more than 50 times and did not participate himself. This was to comfort those who were eager to participate in Jihad and were saddened for not being able to participate.

The second part of the hadith was to comfort those who went forth into the battlefield but were saddened because the Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم) was not present with them, they thought they were deprived from his blessed companv, and so he comforted them by saying: "What I am wishing for is Shahadah and be given life after Shahadah, so that I can fulfil the duty of Jihad and be Shaheed for this cause again, you are lucky to be given this chance for Jihad so you should not grieve the parting of my company as you will be receiving the reward of such a deed (Jihad) for which I am asking for life again and again to offer for Shahadah."

Another point in this hadith is that the Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم) had wished to be Shaheed and given life to be Shaheed again numerous times. And in another hadith of Bukhari, it is stated that, "No person will wish to come back to the world after seeing the bounties of Jannah, except for the Shaheed who will wish to be sent to the world again in order to be Shaheed in Allah's cause."

To understand the reason the why Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم) made this desire in this world, when the Shuhadah will make it in the hereafter; One answer presented by Islamic Scholars is that the Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم) had been informed in the world through revelation and had full faith that, the onlv to the greatness of Islam is Jihad. His divine mission was to prevail Islam over all Religions and the only way to achieve this was through Jihad. This is the reason why the Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم) made this desire in this world whereas the Shuhadah will make this desire in the hereafter after experiencing this personally. Furthermore, the sweetness of Shahadah will persuade them to desire coming back to the world to attain it again so that they have the noble opportunity to sacrifice their blood for their beloved and true owner (Allah - سبحانه وتعالى), as this high grade of worship is only bestowed upon special devotees. This is why not every person is chosen for this great status.

Allama ibn Teen (رحمه الله) writes, that the Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم) was informed through revelation that:

"O Messenger (Muhammad, peace be upon him)! Proclaim (the Message) which has been sent down to you from your Lord. And if you do not, then you have not conveyed His Message. Allah will protect you from mankind. Verily, Allah guides not the people who disbelieve." (5:67)

For the Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم) to persist on asking for Shahadah is to confirm the greatness of Jihad and to encourage the Muslims upon this deed. Allama ibn Hajar (رحمه الله) endorses the view of Ibn Teen (رحمه الله). (Fathul Bari, Vol.6, p1)

Allama Nawawi (رحمه الله) states that we learn from this hadith, that to desire Shahadah and to ask for it, is a desirable act as it is beloved by Allah (سبحانه وتعالى).

Hazrat Sahl ibn Hanif (رضي الله عنه) narrates that the Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم) said, "Whoever desired Shahadah (martyrdom) with the true intention, Allah will ascend him to the grade of the Shuhadah even if he dies on his death bed." This is the reason the scholars used to wish for Shahadah from the depth of their hearts and they disliked the death of the death bed.

May Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) grant us all the great status of Shahadah. Ameen!

(Virtues Of Jihad)

Rank Image
London
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 6th February 2011 23:15

7) Little Work But A Great Reward

Narrated Al-Bara (رضي الله عنه), a man whose face was covered with an iron amour (i.e. clad in armour) came to the Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم) and said, "O Allah's Messenger! Shall I fight or embrace Islam first?" The Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم) replied, ""Embrace Islam first and then fight." So he embraced Islam and was Shaheed. Allah's Messenger (صلي الله عليه وسلم) said, "A little work, but a great reward." (He did very little after embracing Islam but he was rewarded in abundance). (Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol 1, p394)

Ibn Ishaq (رحمه الله) has recorded in magazi (an authentic tradition of Hazrat Abu Huraira - رضي الله عنه) that the Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم) said, ""Tell me about a person who never prayed one namaz but entered Jannah." Then he answered himself that this lucky person was Amar ibn Thabit. (رضي الله عنه). (Fathul Bari, Vol 6, p105)

Taking this narration into consideration, the scholars of hadith have agreed that the person mentioned in Bukhari is Amar ibn Thabit (رضي الله عنه).

Hasin ibn Muhamad says, I aksed Mahmood ibn Labid that what is his story. He answered, "This person denied Islam till the day of Uhud, when he understood Islam. He lifted his sword and participated in the fierce battle with the Sahaba (رضي الله عنهم أجمعين) till he was wounded. When the people saw him wounded, they asked him what had bought him here for Jihad. Was it the love of the nation or the love of' Islam.? He answered, 'The love of Islam, I have fought alongside the Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم) till I had been wounded. Upon this the Holy Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم) said, ""There is no doubt he is from the dwellers of Jannah."

The narration of Bukhari and the above narration are recording the same incident but this person first came to the Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم) and then participated in Jihad, but the Sahaba (رضي الله عنهم أجمعين) had been unaware that he had embraced Islam at the hands of the Holy Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم). This is why they asked him what had bought him to the battlefield and he answered by saying that it was for the cause of Islam he had entered Jihad. We understand from this hadith, that to bring 'Imaan (faith) is a requirement before Jihad and that if a person is Shaheed straight after accepting Islam he is a Jannati (dweller of Jannah) even though he has performed no other deeds.

(Virtues Of Jihad)

Rank Image
London
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 9th February 2011 11:46

8) In The Highest Grade Of Jannah (Firdaus)

Anas (رضي الله عنه) reported: Umm Ar-Rubaiy'i bint Al-Bara', who was the mother of Harithah ibn Suraqah, came to the Prophet (صلي الله عليه وسلم) and said: 'O Messenger of Allah! Will you not tell me about Harithah?' (He was killed in the battle of Badr with an arrow fired by an unidentified person). 'If he is in Jannah I shall show endurance, but if he has met another fate, I may exert myself in weeping for him.' He (صلي الله عليه وسلم) replied, "O mother of Harithah, in in the gardens of Jannah there are many ranks, and your son has attained Al-Firdaus, the highest.'' (Sahih al-Bukhari, vol 1, p394)

In this Hadith an unidentified arrow has been mentioned, which has been given several meanings: The first meaning is that it came from an unidentified direction. The second meaning is that the archer fired the arrow and accidentally hit him. The third meaning is that an unidentified person fired the arrow. The true explanation regarding this incident is that the archer aimed at the enemy but the arrow misfired and hit him. The various explanations stated above have been mentioned by Allama Ibn Hajar (رحمه الله) in Fathul Bari.

This is the special aspect of Jihad, that however the Muslim is granted the high grades of Jannah. the death occurs. In the battle of Khaybar, a Sahabi was Shaheed by his own sword by accident. When the people started gossiping about this incident the Prophet صلي الله عليه وسلم said, he will be given double reward than the normal Shuhadah, one reward for Shahadah and the second reward due to the people gossiping about him. It has been stated in another narration that whoever set out for Jihad and is killed by falling from his mount or from a bite of a poisonous insect or for any other reason, he will enter Paradise.

(Virtues Of Jihad)

Rank Image
London
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 11th February 2011 11:31

9) The Blessed Dust Of Jihad

Hazrat Abu Abbas Abdur Rahman (رضي الله عنه) narrates that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said, "Whosoever's feet were covered with the dust in the path of Jihad, the Fire of Hell will not touch him." (Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. 1, p394)

The virtue of the dust in the path of Jihad has been mentioned in this hadith as it is through the blessed deed of Jihad that Haq is given superiority over Batil. This is why everything relating to this cause and every practice of the Mujahid is beloved to Allah (سبحانه وتعالى). The purpose being that, sitting, standing, walking, attacking and riding the horse is all for the elevation of Allah's word and to attain his pleasure. Therefore, the Mujahid is gifted with numerous great bounties as this hadith indicates, that even the dust at the feet of the Mujahid (Islamic fighter) who is walking in the cause of Jihad will save him from the dreadful punishment of Hell. For this sole reason the Sahaba and the eminent figures of this Ummah have tried their utmost to attain this dust.

Allama Anwar Shah al-Kashmiri (رحمه الله) has written in Faidhul Bari (a book written by him, p425, Vol. 2), that, Sultan Bavazid Khan Yaladran participated in 72 battles and all these battles were fought against Europe. It was the habit of the Sultan to only wear one clothing called the Quba (large cloak) and he never used to change it. After a battle he used to collect the dust which was on this cloak. When the time of his death approached, he left a will requesting to be buried in the grave consisting of this dust which he had accumulated.

Allah is the greatest! This is making the saying of the Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) practical, so much so as to collect the dust of Jihad to make it the cause of one's salvation. Blessed is the person whose grave will bear witness to his Jihad. We wish that Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) grant us this eagerness and emotion for Jihad. Ameen!

The following story illustrates the Sahaba's (رضي الله عنهم أجمعين) eagerness to follow the above hadeeth:

Abdul Misbah Makraj (رضي الله عنه) says that we were in a group travelling in Rome. The leader of this group was Malik Bin Katham. Malik Ibn Abdullah passed Jabir Ibn Abdullah who was walking holding the rope of his donkey. Hazrat Malik said, "O Abu Abdullah! Please take a seat on the donkey as Allah has gifted you with it."

Hazrat Jabir (رضي الله عنه) understood what Malik was trying to do so he answered by saying, "I am letting my donkey rest and I am self sufficient from the needs of people and I have heard the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) saying that a person whose feet have become dusty in the path of Allah (سبحانه وتعالى), his body is made Haraam upon Hell (he will never enter Hell)." Upon hearing this the people jumped down from their rides. The narrator states that I had never seen so much people walking as much as this day.

Allama Ibn Hajar (رحمه الله) states that if the virtue of the dust of the path of Jihad is so great, then what would be the rank of one who spends his utmost effort in this cause.... it is difficult even to imagine this status.

Hazrat Abu Darda (رضي الله عنه) narrates that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said, "Whosoever's feet were covered with the dust in the path of Jihad, Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) moves Hell one thousand years away from this person." (Tabrani, Fathul Bari, p111)

(Virtues Of Jihad)

Rank Image
London
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 17th February 2011 12:53

10) The Desire For Coming Back To The World

Anas (رضي الله عنه) reported: The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم) said, "No one who has entered Jannah will desire to return to this world even if he should be given all that the world contains, except a Shaheed (martyr). For he will yearn that he should return to the world and be killed ten times on account of the dignity that he will experience by virtue of his martyrdom.'' Another narration is: "On account of the excellence and distinction, he will experience as a result of martyrdom.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

The Shaheed will only be able to taste and see the virtue of Jihad and dignity of Shahadah in Jannah (Paradise). Therefore he will wish to return and offer his life again. The Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) was informed of this virtue through revelation, so he made his wish for it in this world. A scholar by the name of Ibn Battal (رحمه الله) states: 'Amongst all the ahadeeth which have been narrated on the virtue of Shahadah, this is the most interesting one. ' Furthermore he says, [n]'there is no good deed in which one sacrifices his soul except Jihad, therefore its reward is equally significant.' (Fathul Bari, Vol 6, p115)

In Nasa'i, narrated by Hazrat Anas (رضي الله عنه), the Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) has said, 'A person from the people of Paradise will be called in front of Allah. Allah Ta'ala will ask him, 'O son of Adam, how did you find your place of stay?' He will reply, 'It is the best place.' Then Allah will say, 'Ask and wish of something.' He will say, 'I ask that you return me to the world, so that I may be Shaheed in Your path, ten more times.' (He will ask for this), because he has seen the virtue of Shahadah.

Hazrat Jabir (رضي الله عنه) says, the Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) asked me, 'Shall I not tell you what Allah Taalah had said to your father? Allah Taalah said to him, "O my servant! make a wish for something, I will give it to you." He replied, "Oh my Lord! give me life again so that I may be slain again in your cause." Allah will say, 'The decision has been made that they, (the Shuhadah) will not return to the world again.' (Tirmidhi)

These Ahadith confirm that Jihad is the best of all the deeds. Therefore, a Mujahid will be the only one who will 'make a wish' to return to the world, to fight and become a Shaheed, no one else will wish as such. Although the Shaheed had gained the top rank and the best place in Jannat, he would plea to Allah () for his return to the world so he could enjoy the dignity of Shahadah once again. Leaving the pleasures and the enjoyments of Paradise.

Today the Muslims have the opportunity to choose the path of Jihad and gain the sweet death of Shahadah by sacrificing the very basic joy of this world, or at least take the path of Shahadah and make a firm intention of Shahadah.

Moreover, ask from Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) from the core of the heart for Shahadah, so that we may attain this beloved status. We may then be able to express ourselves in Paradise infront of Allah Ta'ala in this manner, "Oh Allah! return us back to the world so we may be Shaheed in Your path a hundred times." Thereby increasing our ranks in Paradise and gain the opportunity of seeing Allah (سبحانه وتعالى).

It is understood from one hadith that the Shuhadah will be able to see Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) before the coming of the last hour. It is reported by Hazrat Jabir (رضي الله عنه) that the Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) asked him, 'Shall I not tell you what Allah had said to your father?' I replied, 'Yes, oh Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلم)." The Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said, 'Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) does not talk to anyone but from behind the veils, but to your father he spoke face to face without the veils." (At Targheeb Wat Tarheeb, Vol. 2, p436)

His father was a Shaheed, so we understand from this that the Shaheed, if Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) wills, can see Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) before Qiyamah. Veils: These are the veils of light. No one can pass beyond these veils, except whom Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) wishes.

(Virtues Of Jihad)
Rank Image
London
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 21st February 2011 15:08

10) Jannah, In The Shade Of Swords

The Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) has said, "Know surely that Jannah is in the shade of swords. (Paradise is under the shades of swords)." (Sahih al-Bukhari, Vol. l, p395)

The scholar, Qurtubi (رحمه الله) states, It is remarkable that in such a short statement, the Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) has put such great emphasis in the path of Jihad and with such eloquence.

In this hadith, the Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) has incited towards Jihad and also mentioned the reward and virtue of Jihad, inflaming the desire to use the sword in the face of the enemies and to fight such a fierce battle that the swords shade over the fighters. Under this shade lies the Paradise. (Fathul Bari, Vol. 6, p110)

A Scholar, Allama Ibn Jawzi (رحمه الله) states, the understanding of this hadith is that, Jannah is achieved by doing Jihad. One companion asked the Holy Prophet (), "Oh Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلم), what is the reason that every Muslim has to face the trial of the grave, except the Shaheed (martyr)?" The Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) answered, "The sword over his head was enough as a trial." (meaning, now he would not be put in any trial or torment). (Kanzul Ummal, Vol. 4, p596)

Ibn Mardayah (رحمه الله) has narrated from Abu Hurairah (رضي الله عنه), "Who ever drew out his sword in the path of Allah has made an oath with Allah." (Kanzul Ummal, Vol. 4, p338)

Khatih (رحمه الله) has narrated that Hazrat Ali (رضي الله عنه) has said, "The salah (prayer) offered with the sword around one's self is seventy times better than salah offered without it." (Kanzul Ummal, Vol. 4, p338). Authentic tradition.

Hazrat Anas (رضي الله عنه) reports, that the hilt of the sword of the Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) was of silver. (Shamail Tirmidhi, p7)

A Scholar, Allama Banjuri (رحمه الله) explains that the above description of the sword of the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) was called 'The Zulfikar.' The one that was in the hand of the Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) at the time of the invasion of Makkah. (Kasaile Nabawi, p101)

The Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) had owned many swords and each had different names. The first one was called, 'The Mathur,' the one he (صلى الله عليه وسلم) had inherited from his father. One was 'Qasib' and another named, 'Qalki,' one 'Tyyar,' and one called, 'Zulfikar,' etc. (Kasaile Nabawi, p.101)

Ibn Sireen (رحمه الله) says, "I have made my sword the same as the sword of Samura (رضي الله عنه), because he claimed that his sword was made the same as the sword of the Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم). It was in the style of the swords of the tribe of Banu Hanifa." (Shamail Tirmidhi, p7)

Banu Hanifa was a renowned tribe of Arabia. They were well known and famous for making the best swords. Those adopting the style of the Prophet's (صلى الله عليه وسلم) sword, copied the style of this tribe. (Kasaile Nabawi, p103)

These few traditions certainly signify the importance and virtue of the sword. The importance attached to the sword is because it is a weapon used in Jihad. May Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) give us the ability towards understanding the importance and significance of weapons and instill in our hearts the love of protecting this Religion, and creating an interest in weapons. The protection of our Religion enables us to love the weapons. May Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) create the love of weapons in our hearts for the sole purpose of protecting our Religion of Islam. Ameen!

(Virtues Of Jihad)

Rank Image
London
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 24th February 2011 12:56

12) To Wish For Children For The Cause Of Jihad

Narrated Abu Huraira (رضي الله عنه), Allah's Messenger (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said, "Once Propet Sulaiman (Solomon -عليه السلام), son of Dawood (David -عليه السلام), said, "(By Allah), tonight I will have sexual intercourse with one hundred (or ninety nine) women of whom will give birth to a knight who will fight in Allah's cause," On that a companion of his said, "Say Allah willing," but he did not say so. Therefore, only one of those women conceived and gave birth to a daughter. By Him in whose hands Muhammad's life is, if he had said, "Allah willing," (he would have begotten sons) all of whom would have been knights, striving in Allah's (سبحانه وتعالى) cause." (Sahih Bukhari, Vol. 1, p395)

We learn from this hadith that every Muslim should make the intention that they would offer their children to be soldiers tosafeguard this Religion, as was the intention of Hazrat Sulaiman (عليه السلام).

A Scholar, Allama Ibn Hajar (رحمه الله) says, "If any person holds this intention, while having sexual intercourse with his wife, that if he is given a male child he would make him a Mujahid, he would gain the reward for his intention even if it does not occur." Either he does not have a boy, or he has a boy but he could not become a mujahid. (Fathul Bari)

This tradition should be a reminder for those who have the opposite intention, and bring their children up to be the 'slaves of this world.' They are carefully nurtured in luxury and sheltered from knowing abything about Jihad.

When these parents hear about Jihad, they are filled with awe and fear that their child might run to Jihad. If Allah Taala bestows his Mercy upon the child and he stands for the path of Jihad, the parents feel that doomsday has come over them. They try every means possible in preventing this young Muslim boy from the path of Jannah (Paradise) and indulge them in the worldly affairs. It happens that sometimes they, the parents, go to the 'Ulama for a fatwa, 'Is it right for our child to go to Jihad without our permission? Can they do this?! Is it permissible for them?' The Ulama respond according to the Shariah's principles, but these parents use these fatawa against Jihad. Even if the Ulama were given full details of the situation and are aware of the intentions of the parents, they would confirm that the obedience of Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) is a requirement even if the creation feel unhappy. (No matter who becomes angry). To attain the pleasure of the creation and displeasure of Allah (سبحانه وتعالى) would be the work of stupidity!

As a Muslim, one should have consideration and feelings for the plight of fellow Muslims and contemplate over the Ayahs and with Ahadeeth with a view to changing his own behaviour, and encouraging others to join this blessed work. We hold the belief that death has it's fixed time, it will not come any earlier. It is to better to die in Allah's (سبحانه وتعالى) cause than lead a sinful life. This world is to disintegrate and our everlasting place is the hereafter. The wives of the Sahabah (رضي الله عنهم أجمعين) used to encourage and urge their young sons and husbands to join in the Jihad!

Hazrat Khansa's (رضي الله عنها) sons and near relative had attained the Shahadah in the battle of Uhud, but this brave Muslim lady was more concerned and asked, "What is the state of the Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم), is the Holy Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلم) safe and well?"

Hazrat Safiya (رضي الله عنها) had seen the mutilated body of her brother, Hazrat Hamza (رضي الله عنه), but this did not stop her sending her son Hazrat Zubair (رضي الله عنه) in the path of Jihad. She urged him towards this path!

Alas, the Muslims of today bring up their children as a hen brings up her chicks, when they grow big and fat they are roasted and eaten by the people. Muslims in these days bring up their children unprepared and unprotected against their enemy, the kuffaar. These children don't have the heart to fight back. The consequence is that the kuffaar are free to assault the Muslims, brutally shed their blood and mercilessly rape the Muslim women. They continue to destroy our Mosques and Madressahs, determined to wipe out the name of Islam.

The Muslims should hold on to the path of Jihad, to save themselves from this humiliation. Make firm intentions, before the child is born, that if Allah willing, I would make them Mujahids, and bring them up in the true environment of Islam and Jihad. Fill their hearts with the love of Islam and Muslims and the dislike of the kuffaar. Teach them to swim and other exercises. Tell them about the bravery and courage of our ancestors. In their soft and tender hearts fill the zeal of Jihad and the love of Shahadah.

(Virtues Of Jihad)

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What is the word in green?