» O Allah Please forgive me of my sins.
96%
24 members | 0 guests
» I'm a good person, I dont Sin. (Liar)
4%
1 members | 0 guests
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
sweetmuslimahk1, abu mohammed, Seifeddine-M, Naqshband66, mujaddid313, Taalibah, Abu Taalib Deobandi, Acacia, umar123, AishaZaynap, Jinn, silentpearl
3 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 29th November 2010 16:31

Astagfirullah

In this Hadith Qudsi Allah says:

"O son of Adam, as long as you call upon Me and put your hope in Me, I have forgiven you for what you have done and I do not mind.
O son of Adam, if your sins were to reach the clouds of the sky and then you would seek My forgiveness, I would forgive you.
O son of Adam, if you were to come to Me with sins that are close to filling the earth and then you would meet Me without ascribing any partners with Me, I would certainly bring to you forgiveness close to filling it."

In this Hadith Qudsi, Allah gives hope to mankind more than any other narration.
It displays the feature and excellence of Allah's mercy.
Indeed, Allah is the Most Compassionate, and the Most Merciful.
In this Hadith Qudsi, Allah tells man of the greatness of His forgiveness and mercy so that no one would despair due to the amount of sins he may have committed.
Allah catches the attention of mankind by calling out, O son of Adam!
This is a call to every human being.
Why did not Allah say, O mankind or O People?
The significance of this specific call is because Adam was the first human being, who committed the first sin.
Adam was an example to all humans of the consequences of sin and how to turn to Allah for forgiveness of ones sins.
This gives hope that even after committing a violation, ones sins can be forgiven if one repents to Allah sincerely the same way that the father of mankind sinned, repented, and was forgiven by Allah.
This Hadith teaches us the importance of realizing Allah's mercy, having faith and hope in Him especially when calling to Allah alone for forgiveness, and the importance of repentance in the life and faith of a believer.

Allah forgive me for I have sinned.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Winner x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 29th November 2010 16:49

There are many easy things that we can do and adopt into our daily life, by which Allah will forgive us our sins.

When I was a young child, I had learnt many Duas that I took for granted and hardly ever prayed them. Now I have my own Children who are reminding me of my days as a child. If only I took heed into what I was taught then what my children are being taught now.

Example: We were taught different Duas for changing into our clothes. When we ricite this Dua when we change our clothes, Allah forgives us of our sins. Isnt Allah truly the greatest. If Only I had practiced this everyday until now.

1.Alhamdu lillahil-lathee kasaanee haathaal (aththawba) wa razaqaneehi min ghayri hawlim-minnee wa la quwwatin.
Praise is to Allah who has clothed me with this (garment) and provided it for me, though I was powerless myself and incapable.
Reference: Al bukhari, Muslim, Abu Dawud,Ibn Majah, At-Tirmithi. See also 'Irawa'ul-Ghalil 7/47.

When wearing new clothes

Recite:
اللَّهُمَّ لَكَ الْحَمْدُ كَمَا كَسَوْتَنِيهِ أَسْأَلُكَ خَيْرَهُ وَخَيْرَ مَا صُنِعَ لَهُ وَأَعُوذُ مِنْ شَرِّهِ وَشَرِّ مَا صُنِعَ لَهُ

"O Allah, all praise is to You, just as You have dressed me, I seek Your blessings of it and the blessings of what it is made of and I seek protection and Your refuge from all evil and the evil of that which it is made of".

(Mishkat)

Umar (R.A.) stated that Prophet Mohammad (SAW.) said that if a person recites the following dua when dressing in new clothing and gives the old clothing in charity, then Allah will protect him both in this life and the Aakhirah and he will be under Allah's cover (i.e. he will be protected from all calamities and his sins will be hidden).

(Mishkat)

Alternatively recite

الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ الَّذِي كَسَانِي مَا أُوَارِي بِهِ عَوْرَتِي وَأَتَجَمَّلُ بِهِ فِي حَيَاتِي

"All praise belongs to Allah who adorned me with clothing by which I cover (hide) my private areas and by which I obtain beauty in my life".

Note: While removing clothing recite "Bismillah" as Satan does not look at the private parts due to this.

(Hisnul Hasin)
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 29th November 2010 16:59
Can others please add simple ways of getting their sins forgiven. The above Dua is so short yet powerful. References would be great, as Satisfaction would be there.

There are so many Duas out there, that we have been taught by the Rasul (SAW). That if we did those actions together with the Dua, Allah will forgive our sins (Small sins atleast).

Jazakallah.
+1 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 29th November 2010 17:09
"And seek the forgiveness of Allah. Certainly, Allah is Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.'' (4:106)

Shaddad bin Aus (radiallahu anh) said: The Prophet (salallahu alayhi wa sallam) said, "The best supplication for seeking forgiveness (Syed-ul-Istighfar) is to say: `Allahumma Anta Rabbi, la ilaha illa Anta, khalaqtani wa ana `abduka, wa ana `ala `ahdika wa wa`dika mastata`tu, a`udhu bika min sharri ma sana`tu, abu'u laka bini`matika `alayya, wa abu'u bidhanbi faghfir li, fa innahu la yaghfirudh-dhunuba illa Anta. (O Allah! You are my Rubb. There is no true god except You. You have created me, and I am Your slave, and I hold to Your Covenant as far as I can. I seek refuge in You from the evil of what I have done. I acknowledge the favours that You have bestowed upon me, and I confess my sins. Pardon me, for none but You has the power to pardon).' He who supplicates in these terms during the day with firm belief in it and dies on the same day (before the evening), he will be one of the dwellers of Jannah; and if anyone supplicates in these terms during the night with firm belief in it and dies before the morning, he will be one of the dwellers of Jannah.''
[Al-Bukhari]

Ibn Mas`ud (radiallahu anh) said: The Messenger of Allah (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said, "He who says: `Astaghfir ullah-alladhi la ilaha illa Huwal-Haiyul-Qayyumu, wa atubu ilaihi (I seek the forgiveness of Allah, there is no true god except Allah, the Ever-Living, the Self-Subsisting, and I turn to Him in repentance),' his sins will be forgiven even if he should have run away from the battlefield (while he was engaged in fighting for the Cause of Allah).''
[Abu Dawud, At-Tirmidhi and Al-Hakim (on conditions of Al-Bukhari and Muslim for accepting Hadith)].

Ibn `Umar (radiallahu anhuma) said: We counted the Messenger's (salallahu alayhi wa sallam) saying a hundred times during one single sitting: Rabb-ighfir li, wa tubb `alayya, innaka Antat-Tawwabur-Rahim. (My Rubb! Forgive me and pardon me. Indeed, You are the Oft-Returning with compassion and Ever Merciful.''
[Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi]

Thauban (radiallahu anh) reported: Whenever the Messenger of Allah (salallahu alayhi wa sallam) finished his Salat (prayer), he would beg forgiveness three times [by saying, `Astaghfirullah' (3 times)] and then he would say: "Allahumma Antas-Salamu, wa minkas-Salamu, tabarakta ya Dhal-Jalali wal-Ikram. (O Allah! You are the Bestower of security and security comes from You; Blessed are You. O Possessor of glory and honour).''
[Muslim]

`A'ishah (radiallahu anha) reported: Prior to his demise, the Messenger of Allah (salallahu alayhi wa sallam) used to supplicate frequently: Subhan Allahi wa bihamdihi; Astaghfirullaha wa atubu ilaihi (Allah is free from imperfection, and I begin with praising Him. I beg forgiveness from Allah and I turn to Him in repentance.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 29th November 2010 22:19
"O you who believe! Turn to Allah with sincere repentance!" (66:8)

Anas bin Malik Al-Ansari (radiallahu anh) narrated: Messenger of Allah (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said, "Verily, Allah is more delighted with the repentance of His slave than a person who lost his camel in a desert land and then finds it (unexpectedly)."
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Abu Musa Al-Ash`ari (radiallahu anh) reported: The Prophet (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: "Allah, the Exalted, will continue to stretch out His Hand in the night so that the sinners of the day may repent, and continue to stretch His Hand in the daytime so that the sinners of the night may repent, until the sun rises from the west."
[Muslim]

It is necessary to repent from every sin. If the offense involves the Right of Allah, not a human, then there are three condition to be met:

1- To desist from committing it.

2- To feel sorry for committing it.

3- To decide not to recommit it.

Any repentance failing to meet any of these three conditions, would not be sound.

But if the sin involves a human's right, it requires a fourth condition, i.e., to absolve onself from such right. If it is a property, he should return it to its rightful owner. If it is slandering or backbiting, one should ask the pardon of the offended. etc,..
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 29th November 2010 22:22
Jazakallah
+1 -0Ameen x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 29th November 2010 22:39
Sa`d bin Abu Waqqas (radiallahu anh) reported: We were with the Messenger of Allah (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) when he asked, "Is anyone of you unable to earn a thousand good deeds?'' One of those present asked: "How can one earn thousand good deeds in a day?'' He (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) replied, "By saying: Subhan Allah a hundred times, then one thousand good deeds will be recorded for him or one thousand sins will be blotted out from his record.''
[Muslim]

Abu Hurairah (radiallahu anh) reported: The Messenger of Allah (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) used to say in his prostration: "Allahum-maghfir li dhanbi kullahu: diqqahu wa jillahu, wa `awwalahu wa akhirahu, wa alaniyatahu wa sirrahu (O Allah! Forgive all my sins, the small and the great, first and the last, the open and the secret).''
[Muslim]

Although the Prophet (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) was innocent and free of sins, he used to pray for the forgiveness of his shortcomings out of his gratitude to Allah's Might and Majesty. Thus, this Hadith has a great lesson for us. In spite of being innocent, he was always fearful of the Wrath of Allah, while we, despite being embodiments of sins, are fearless of Allah!

`A'ishah (radiallahu anha) reported: The Prophet (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) used to recite frequently in his bowing and prostration: "Subhanak-Allahumma, Rabbana wa bihamdika. Allahum-maghfir li (O Allah! You are free from imperfection and I begin with praising You. Forgive my sins).''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

`Ali (radiallahu anh) reported: When the Messenger of Allah (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) was in Salat (prayer), he used to supplicate towards the end of prayer after Tashahhud and before the concluding salutations: "Allahum-maghfir li ma qaddamtu wa ma akh-khartu, wa ma asrartu, wa ma a`lantu, wa ma asraftu, wa ma Anta a`lamu bihi minni. Antal-Muqqadimu, wa Antal-Mu'akh-khiru. La ilaha illa Anta (O Allah! Forgive my former and latter sins, which I have done secretly and those which I have done openly, and that I have wronged others, and those defaults of mine about which You have better knowledge than I have. You Alone can send whomever You will to Jannah, and You Alone can send whomever You will to Hell-fire. None has the right to be worshipped but You.''
[Muslim]

Abu Hurairah (radiallahu anh) reported: The Messenger of Allah (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said, "He who recites after every prayer: Subhan-Allah (Allah is free from imperfection) thirty-three times; Al-hamdu lillah (praise be to Allah) thirty-three times; Allahu Akbar (Allah is Greatest) thirty-three times; and completes the hundred with: La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa `ala kulli shai'in Qadir (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him. His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent), will have all his sins pardoned even if they may be as large as the foam on the surface of the sea.''
[Muslim]

Abu Hurairah (radiallahu anh) reported: The Messenger of Allah (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said, "He who utters a hundred times in a day these words: `La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa `ala kulli sha'in Qadir (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),' he will have a reward equivalent to that for emancipating ten slaves, a hundred good deeds will be recorded to his credit, hundred of his sins will be blotted out from his scroll, and he will be safeguarded against the devil on that day till the evening; and no one will exceed him in doing more excellent good deeds except someone who has recited these words more often than him. And he who utters: `Subhan-Allahi wa bihamdihi (Allah is free from imperfection and His is the praise)' one hundred times a day, his sins will be obliterated even if they are equal to the extent of the foam of the ocean.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Note: `sins' here in the above ahadeeth stands for minor sins because major sins are not forgiven without devout penitence.

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 30th November 2010 10:58
"And your Lord says, 'Call upon Me; I will respond to you.'" (40:60)

"Invoke your Lord with humility and in secret. He likes not the aggressors." (7:55)

Abu Bakr As-Siddiq (radiallahu anh) reported: I requested the Messenger of Allah (salallahu alayhi wa sallam) to teach me a supplication which I could recite in my Salat (prayer). Thereupon he said, "Recite: `Allahumma inni zalamtu nafsi zulman kathiran, wa la yaghfirudh-dhunuba illa Anta, faghfir li maghfiratan min `indika, warhamni, innaka Antal-Ghafur-ur-Rahim (O Allah! I have considerably wronged myself. There is none to forgive the sins but You. So grant me pardon and have mercy on me. You are the Most Forgiving, the Most Compassionate).'''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Tariq bin Ashyam (radiallahu anh) reported: Whenever a man entered the fold of Islam, the Prophet (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) would show him how to perform Salat and then direct him to supplicate: "Allahumm-aghfir li, warhamni, wa-hdini, wa `afini, warzuqni (O Allah! Forgive me, have mercy on me, guide me, guard me against harm and provide me with sustenance and salvation).'''
[Muslim]

In another narration Tariq said: A man came to the Prophet (salallahu alayhi wa sallam) and said to him: "O Messenger of Allah! What shall I say if I want to pray to my Rubb?'' He (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said, "Say: `Allahumma-ghfir li, warhamni, wa `afini, warzuqni (O Allah! Forgive me, have mercy on me, protect me and provide me with sustenance).' Surely, this supplication is better for you in this life and in the Hereafter.''

Abu Musa (radiallahu anh) reported: The Prophet (salallahu alayhi wa sallam) used to supplicate: "Allahumm-aghfir li khati'ati, wajahli, wa israfi fi amri, wa ma Anta a`lamu bihi minni. Allahumm-aghfir li jiddi wa hazli, wa khata'i wa `amdi, wa kullu dhalika `indi. Allahumm-aghfir li ma qaddamtu wa ma akhkhartu, wa ma asrartu, wa ma a`lantu, wa ma Anta a`lamu bihi minni. Antal-Muqaddimu, wa Antal-Mu'akhkhiru; wa Anta `ala kulli shai'in Qadir (O Allah! Forgive my errors, ignorance and immoderation in my affairs. You are better aware of my faults than myself. O Allah! Forgive my faults which I committed in seriousness or in fun deliberately or inadvertently. O Allah! Grant me pardon for those sins which I committed in the past and I may commit in future, which I committed in privacy or in public and all those sins of which You are better aware than me. You Alone can send whomever You will to Jannah, and You Alone can send whomever You will to Hell-fire and You are Omnipotent).''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Ibn `Abbas (radiallahu anhuma) reported: The Messenger of Allah (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) used to supplicate: "Allahumma laka aslamtu, wa bika amantu, wa `alaika tawakkaltu, wa ilaika anabtu, wa bika khasamtu, wa ilaika hakamtu. Faghfir li ma qaddamtu, wa ma akh-khartu, wa ma asrartu wa ma a`lantu, Antal-Muqaddimu, wa Antal-Mu`akhkhiru, la ilaha illa Anta (O Allah! to You I submit, in You I affirm my faith, in You I repose my trust, to You I turn in repentance and with Your Help I contend my adversaries and from You I seek judgement. O Allah! Grant me forgiveness for the faults which I made in past and those ones I may commit in the future, those which I committed secretly or openly. You Alone send whomever You will to Jannah, and You Alone send whomever You will to Hell-fire. There is none worthy of worship except You).'' Another narration adds: "La hawla wa la quwwata illa billah (There is no strength to resist evil and no power to do good except through Allah).''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Ibn Mas`ud (radiallahu anh) reported: One of the supplications of the Messenger of Allah (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) was: "Allahumma inni as'aluka mujibati rahmatika, wa `aza'ima maghfiratika, was-salamata min kulli ithmin, wal-ghanimata min kulli birrin, wal-fawza bil-jannati, wannajata mina-nar (O Allah! I beg You for that which incites Your Mercy and the means of Your forgiveness, safety from every sin, the benefit from every good deed, success in attaining Jannah and deliverance from Fire).''
[Al-Hakim]

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 30th November 2010 13:15
THIKR - for the expiation of sins

Hadith number 11 - "Virtues of Zikr"
Shaykh Muhammad Zakariyyah Khandalwi

Rasoolullaah sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam said,

"Whosoever recites (Laa-i-laa-ha illallaah) any time during day or night,
his sins are remitted from his account and virtues are written instead."

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 30th November 2010 13:21
Hadith number 12 - "Virtues of Zikr"
Shaykh Muhammad Zakariyyah Khandalwi

Rasoolullaah sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam said,

"There is a pillar of Noor (Divine Light) in front of Arshi-Ilaahi (The Throne of Allah). When sombody recites
(Laa-i-laa-ha illallaah), this pillar starts shaking. When Allah asks it to stop shaking, it says 'How can I stop, when the reciter of the Kalimah has not yet been granted forgiveness.' Thereupon Allah says, 'Well, I have forgiven him.' and then that pillar stops shaking."

Note:
Some Scholars of Hadith doubted authenticity of this hadith, but Allamah Suyyuti ra has written that this Hadith in different words has been narrated through many sources.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 30th November 2010 13:45
WUDHU - for the expiation of sins

"When a person performs wudhu perfectly (i.e. according to the Sunnah), his sins will leave his body, even from under his nails."(Muslim -245)

Uthmaan bin Affaan RA performed wudhu in front of his students and said, "I saw the Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam perform wudhu in this place and in this manner and he (sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam) said,

'When a person performs wudhu like my wudhu which I just performed and then comes to the Masjid and he performs two rakats and then sits and waits all his previous sins will be forgiven'" (Bukhari - 6433)

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 30th November 2010 15:36
Jazakallah, Please keep them coming. Nice and short. Especialy those prayers that we should do before an action, this way, I get to recite the Dua with more reason than just being Sunnah. (This is not to take away any of the blessings of performing the Sunnah, but so that one feels satisfied that a Sunnah has been completed and my sins are forgiven at the same time)

Jazakallah once again.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 30th November 2010 16:04
SALAAH - for the expiation of sins

Narrated Abu Hurairah:
Allah's Messenger sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam said,

"The five daily Salaat and the Friday (prayer) to the Friday (prayer) make expiation for whatever (minor sins) may be committed between them, so long as major sins are avoided" (Muslim)
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 30th November 2010 16:22

"ummi taalib" wrote:
SALAAH - for the expiation of sins Narrated Abu Hurairah: Allah's Messenger sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam said, "The five daily Salaat and the Friday (prayer) to the Friday (prayer) make expiation for whatever (minor sins) may be committed between them, so long as major sins are avoided" (Muslim)

A very very important point so long as major sins are avoided

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 30th November 2010 16:33
SAUM - for the expiation of sins

"He who observes fasting during the month of Ramadhaan with Faith while seeking its reward from Allah, will have his past sins forgiven" (Bukhari)

On being asked about the observance of fasting on the day of Arafat, the Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam said,

"It is an expiation for the sins of the preceding year and the current year" (Muslim)

On being asked about the observance of fasting on the tenth of Muharram, the Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wasallam said,

"It is an expiation of the sins of the preceding year."

Note: In order to oppose the Jews one must fast on the 9th and 10th OR the 10th and 11th of Muharram
No post ratings

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'ABC' written in?