Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

The Importance And Virtues Of Salah (Prayer)

Jump to page:

You have contributed 1.4% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Taqwah, abu mohammed, Taalibah, Jinn, queenie, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Naqshband66, Acacia, Arslan., Arfatzafar
24 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#136 [Permalink] Posted on 7th December 2018 12:28
The Evidence for the Legitimacy and Legal Standing of the Prayer

Shaykh Saalih Ibn Ghaanim as-Sadlaan رحمه الله said,

"It is clear that the obligatory nature of the obligatory prayers is established via the Book, the Sunnah and consensus.

As for the Book, the verses concerning it are many; these include Allaah's saying سبحانه و تعالى,

'And they have been ordered only to worship Allaah sincerely, making the religion for Him and to establish the prayer and give the Zakaah. That is the upright religion.' (Sooratul-Bayyinah, 98:5)

As for the Sunnah, there are also many ahaadeeth concerning this. For example, Imaam al-Bukhaaree رحمه الله, Imaam Muslim رحمه الله and others report from 'Abdullaah ibn 'Umar ibn al-Khattaab رضي الله عنهما that he heard the Messenger of Allaah صلى الله عليه وسلم saying,

بُنِيَ الْإِسْلَامُ عَلَى خَمْسٍ: شَهَادَةِ أَنْ لَا إلَهَ إلَّا اللَّهُ وَأَنَّ مُحَمَّدًا رَسُولُ اللَّهِ، وَإِقَامِ الصَّلَاةِ، وَإِيتَاءِ الزَّكَاةِ، وَحَجِّ الْبَيْتِ، وَصَوْمِ رَمَضَانَ

'Islaam is built upon five pillars: the testimony that none has the right to be worshipped save Allaah and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allaah, establishing the prayer, giving the Zakaah, performing Hajj and fasting the month of Ramadaan.' [1]

As for the consensus, Imaam Ibn Hubairah رحمه الله said in al-Ifsaah, 'They [the scholars] have unanimously agreed that the prayer is one of the pillars of Islaam and that there are five obligatory prayers during the day and night... They have also agreed that the obligation is never lifted with regards to the legally responsible, mature, sane men. They have been enjoined with it until the time of their death or the commencement of the matters of the Hereafter.'" [2] [3]

Notes:

[1] Reported by al-Bukhaaree [Eng. Trans. 1/17 no. 7] and Muslim [Eng. Trans. 1/9 no. 18-21].

[2] al-Ifsaah 'an Ma'aanee as-Sihaah (1/100) of Imaam Ibn Hubairah al-Hanbalee رحمه الله.

[3] Shaykh Saalih Ibn Ghaanim as-Sadlaan رحمه الله, Congregational Prayer (Al-Basheer Publications & Translations), p. 17.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#137 [Permalink] Posted on 20th December 2018 12:10
The Meaning of “Salaah" in the Language and In the Terminology of the Sharee'ah

The Meaning of "Salaah" in the Language

Shaykh Saalih Ibn Ghaanim as-Sadlaan رحمه الله said,

"Salaah (صلاة) is the singular for the obligatory Salawaat. It is a noun that is placed in the position of the infinitive. One says: 'I prayed a salaah,' he does not say, 'I prayed tasliyyah.' Salaah from Allaah سبحانه و تعالى means His Mercy and from the servant it means supplication and seeking forgiveness. [1] [2]

The Meaning of Salaah in the Terminology of the Sharee'ah

It refers to an action consisting of specific pillars and known adhkaar (specific words) that have to meet specific conditions and is performed at set times. Or, it refers to a set of sayings and actions that are commenced by the opening takbeer and completed with the tasleem along with the presence of the intention. [3]

The Meaning of al-Jamaa'ah in the Language

In the language, al-Jamaa'ah (الجماعة) is derived from jam'. Jam' means to gather together what was dispersed or to join something by bringing together its various parts. It is said, 'I gathered in and it gathered (Jama'tuhu fajtama'a).' Al-Jamaa'ah refers to a number of people who have gathered together for a single purpose. It is also used to to refer to things other than people, so, for example, it is said, 'The jamaa'ah (group or set) of trees and the jamaa' of plants.' With this meaning the word can be applied to a collection of anything. [4]

The Meaning of al-Jamaa'ah in the Terminology of the Sharee'ah

The meaning of al-Jamaa'ah in the terminology of the jurists is applied to a number of people... Al-Kaasaanee رحمه الله said, 'Al-Jamaa'ah is derived from the meaning of al-ijtimaa' and the least number that can be considered a jamaa'ah is two - an Imaam and a follower.' [5]

The Meaning of Salaatul Jamaa'ah

[Salaatul Jamaa'ah refers to] the prayer of the follower being linked to and following the prayer of the Imaam while meeting specific conditions. When there occurs a command to perform salaah or a ruling linked to it in the Sharee'ah, it is understood to refer to the legislated Salaah." [6] [7]

Notes:

[1] See also: Meaning of the Salah of Allah Upon the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)
- https://www.muftisays.com/blog/Seifeddine-M/3369_13-07-2013/meaning-of-the-salah-of-allah-upon-the-prophet-muhammad-peace-be-upon-him.html

[2] Basaa'ir Dhawee at-Tamyeez fee Lataa'if al-Kitaab al-'Azeez (3/434).

[3] al-Qaamoos al-Fiqhee Lughtana wa Istilaahan (p. 216) of Sa'dee Abu Jaib with slight alteration.

[4] al-Mawsoo'ah al-Fiqhiyyah (15/280).

[5] Badaa'i as-Sanaa'i fee Tarteeb ash-Sharaa'i (1/156) of al-Kaasaanee.

[6] al-Yaaqoot an-Nafees fee Madh-hab ibn Idrees ash-Shaafi'ee (p. 45) by Sayyid Muhammad ash-Shaatiree.

[7] Shaykh Saalih Ibn Ghaanim as-Sadlaan رحمه الله, Congregational Prayer (Al-Basheer Publications & Translations), pp. 15-16.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#138 [Permalink] Posted on 6th October 2020 23:16
Salaam, I have removed what I said as I was wrong I couldn’t figure out how to delete the comment so I’ve edited it.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#139 [Permalink] Posted on 7th October 2020 00:41
MMAli87 wrote:
View original post

Actually, army of Allah refers to Angels, as is mentioned in the Qur'an in numerous places, such as surah Mudassir, verse 31.

And, dear brother, it does not behove a Muslim to make accusations such as "posting without reading first."
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#140 [Permalink] Posted on 10th October 2020 17:26
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

Salaam you are correct it was due to weakness in my reading in English. Apologies if I offended anyone or if anyone felt wronged. Forgive me. I am new to this forum so I don’t know how to delete posts so I just edited it to Salaam. I would have removed it if I knew how to.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Eraf
Brother
#141 [Permalink] Posted on 11th October 2020 00:37
MMAli87 wrote:
View original post

Welcome to the forum, brother MMAli. We're all learners here. Enjoy your stay.
No post ratings

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What letters are in the word in blue?