You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
queenie, muslima, no-username, member2
Rank Image
Bolton
Unspecified
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 31st May 2007 20:09

"For him, who holds fast to my Sunnah at the corruption of my Ummah, is the reward of a hundred Martyrs." (Bayhaqi)

"Corruption" here, refers to an atmosphere of ignorance, innovation and wrongdoings. If a person strives and struggles to revive the Sunnah of Allah's messenger (S.A.W) at this time, he is likened to a Martyr (Shaheed) whose struggle lies in reviving the faith itself.

Assalamu Alaikum,

Dear respected members,

Studying the above Hadith of the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) in great detail I have previously questioned myself on how the Sunnah can be revived in this time, especially since the innovations and transgressions in our society are its peak.

I notice that we often begin a good action or a Sunnah and then slowly stop. I myself have tried some ways on doing good but some methods just haven't worked! Therefore when I tried practising a Sunnah a Week with friends I thought was a great idea and an excellent way to start, because it helped to slowly act upon them one by one, keeping in mind that the best actions in the sight of Allah are the ones which are little but also regular.

For this reason I thought I'd introduce something similar to a Sunnah a Week; a Thought Of the Week with which we will hope to increase our Islamic knowledge and revive the Sunnah of the Holy Prophet (S.A.W). Along with this it will InshaAllah help to increase the unity amongst each other by having something which we can all relate to and practice upon. Therefore if everyone can try to act upon the Thought Of the Week, we will be creating a peaceful atmosphere around us along with gaining the reward and pleasure of Allah Ta'ala by reviving the Sunnah of Allah's beloved Messenger (S.A.W).

Please note that I myself am still learning and if I do make a mistake whilst writing the T.O.W then please can you correct me so I can learn from my mistakes. I am also open to suggestions and ideas so if anyone has any Hadith or a good saying which they would like to forward as a Thought Of the Week then please feel free to post them under this topic.

Jazakamullah,

Waalaykumus Salam.

Zizi

report post quote code quick quote reply
Rank Image
Bolton
Unspecified
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 4th June 2007 18:43

Thought Of the Week- 03/06/07

'The closest to Allah from amongst the people is the one who initiates the salaam.'

(hadith: provisions for the seekers)

• What is Salaam? Salaam is the Arabic word meaning 'peace'.
  • When a Muslim greets another by saying the words of salaam; 'Assalamu Alaikum' he is wishing his fellow brother with the words of peace; peace be upon you.
  • One who initiates the salaam gets greater reward than the one who replies to it. Salaam is a prayer for the person you are greeting. Therefore isn't the Islamic greeting of salaam better than greeting your brother with 'hi' or 'hello'? when you don't recive no reward for such greetings.
  • Salaam also increases the bond between Muslims as you are expected to greet those you know and those you don't know too.
  • Salaam is also one of the ninety-nine names of the Almighty Allah. Therefore when greeting a fellow Muslim with the salaam, one is reminding them self of the existence of their God.

Rank Image
Bolton
Unspecified
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 11th June 2007 15:04

Thought Of the Week 11/06/07

'A Muslim is he from whose hands and tongue another Muslim is safe.'

(hadith: Provisions for the Seekers)

• Safety cannot be gained by protecting oneself from crime and violence as it also involves protecting oneself from the words and actions of another, Muslim or non-Muslim

• A Muslim should not be afflicted by any evil or harm by another as Islam places great emphasis on brotherhood and unity

• A Muslim should feel safe around another as to speak ill of another, insult or slander a brother in Islam is a great sin

Rank Image
Bolton
Unspecified
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2007 16:33

Thought Of the Week- 18/06/07

'No-one is given a better or vaster gift than patience. '

• The Qur'an defines patience as one of the paths that lead people from darkness to light and as an attribute of morality that is superior to, wide-ranging, and very different from the daily behaviour of many people.
  • True patience is a moral characteristic displayed in the face of difficulty and in every moment of life. It requires the demonstration of determination and consistency during times of ease and hardship, and is a lifelong attempt that never goes astray, even for a moment.

• Patience is a matchless key that opens doors to many fine things for the faithful. As Prophet Muhammad sallalahu alaihi wassalam states: "Whoever remains patient, Allah will make him patient. Nobody can be given a blessing better and greater than patience. (Bukhari)"

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What shape is the red shape ('round' is not a shape)?