The water of Zam-Zam has countless of virtues and it is extremely pure and clean. It is the most blessed and purest of all waters on earth.
Allama Taahir Karwi, writes in this regard: 1.The inception of this well was owing to Hadhrat Ismaeel (alaihimus salaam) and his mother Hadhrat Haajira (R.A). 2.Its coming into existence was owing to the intervention of Hadhrat Jibraeel (alaihis salaam). 3.Its position is upon the most blessed place on earth, i.e. near the Kaaba Shareef and within the Haram. 4.This well is surrounded by three such sacred places, viz. Hajre Aswad, Safa and Marwah which grants it virtue (over all other wells). 5.This is such blessed water, from which Prophets, Pious and Allaah-fearing people have drank. 6.This such a pure water, with which, Hadhrat Jibraeel (alaihis salaam) bathed the pure heart of Nabi (sallallahu alaihi wasallam). 7.This water also has this virtue that Rahmatul lil Aalameen, Muhammad Mustafa (sallallahu alaihi wasallam), twice rinsed his blessed mouth in the bucket of its well, thereby granting it the virtue of having the effect of his Mubarak mouth. 8.The world over, this is such a blessed water, that it has been praised by the most Truthful of all the truthful people (sallallahu alaihi wasallam). 9. Nabi (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) requested this water from Makkah Mukarramah, whilst he was stationed in Madinah Munawwarah.
Narrations, Incidents and Ahaadith on Zam- Zam 1. It is reported from Hadhrat Jaabir (radhiayallahu anhu) that Rasullullah(sallallahu alaihi wasallarn) said: That person who has completed seven Tawaafs of the Kaaba Shareef, then he performs 2 Rakaats Salaat behind the Maqaam-e-Ebrahim, and he has a drink of the water of Zam-Zam, all his sins will be forgiven. (Tafseer Waahidi]
2. Nabi Kareem (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) said: The water of Zam- Zam has a cure for all ailments. [Dailami]
3. Hadhrat Abdullaah lbn Abbaas (radhiyallahu anhu) reports that Nabi(sallallahu alaihi wasallam) said: The water of Zam-Zam is the best water on the surface of the earth.
4. Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) said: The stomach of a believer is satiated with the water of Zam-Zam, and the stomach of a Munaafiq is not satiated. It is as though this is a sign of hypocrisy.
5. Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) said: For whatever object Zam-Zam is drunk, that object will definitely be fulfilled. If one drinks it with the purpose of being cured, then Allaah Taala will grant cure for the drinker, or if one drinks it for his thirst to be removed then Allaah Taala will remove his thirst. Because it is the well of Jibraeel (alaihi salaam), and with it Allaah Taala quenched the thirst of Hadhrat Ismaeel (alaihi salaam).
6. Once Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) came to the well of Zam-Zam. A bucket was taken out for him. Rasullullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) drank from it, and he rinsed his mouth therein. It is reported in another narration that Nabi (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) washed his blessed face therein and rinsed his mouth. It is reported that Hadhrat Abbaas (radhiayallahu anhu) took out the bucket for Nabi (sallallahu alaihi wasallam).
7. It is reported from Hadhrat Abdullaah Ibn Abbaas(radhiyallaahu anhu) that Rasulullah(sallallahu alaihi wasallam) said: Fever is from the fire of Jahannam, hence cool it off with the water of Zam-Zam.
8. Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) said: Gazing upon five things is also an lbaadat,- The Quraan Majeed, Kaaba Shareef, ones parents, the face of an Aalim and Zam-Zam. To look upon Zam-Zam, ones sins are forgiven.
9. Hadhrat Ali (radhiayallahu anhu) reports that amongst all the cities, two cities are the best. Makkah Mukarramah, and that city, wherein Hadhrat Aadam (alaihis salaam) came down. Two cities are the worst; Ahqaaf and Hazre Maut. The best well is that of Zam-Zam and the worst is Barhowt, wherein the bodies of the Kuffaar were thrown.
10. It is reported from Ibn Jareej that the best water on earth is the water of Zam-Zam, and the worst water is the water of the well of Barhowt, which is situated in the valley of Hazre Maut.
11. It is reported frorn Hadhrat Abdullaah Ibn Abbaas (radhiyallahu anhu): Perform Salaat in the place of the chosen ones and drink from the drink of the pious. He was asked; What is the Prayer- place of the chosen ones? He replied: Below the Mezaab-e- Rahmat (below the water out-let in the Harem). He was asked about the drink of the pious, to which he replied; The water of Zam-Zam.
12. Abdul Aziz bin Rawaad says that there was once a pious shepherd, who drank from Zam-Zam whenever thirst overcame him. He would derive therefrom the taste, pleasure and effects of milk. When he took from the water of Zam-Zam for wudhu for Salaat, then he would get the effects of water.
13. Sheikh-ul-islaam Siraajud Deen Balqini (rahmatullahi alaih) mentions that the water of Zam-Zam is even more virtuous than the water of Kauther, because the blessed heart of Nabi (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) was washed in this water, and it is not possible that Nabi (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) heart be washed except with the best of waters.
14. It is reported in one narration that the person in whose stomach enters the water of Zam-Zam, will never enter jahannum, because the Fire and Zam-Zam can never be in one and the same place.
15. It is reported from Hadhrat Abdullaah Bin Umar (radhiyallahu anhu) that the water in the well of Zam-Zam which comes from the direction of Hajre Aswad is actually a spring from Jannat.
16. Sayyidinah Abu Zarr Ghifaari (radhiyallahu anhu) reports the incident of his acceptance of Islaam, when he came to Makkah, thus: When I heard of the announcement of Nabuwwat of Rasulullah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam), then I went to Makkah, and enquired about him(sallallahu alaihi wasallam). The people attacked me, with the result I fell down unconscious. When I regained consciousness, I ran to the Kaaba Shareef and hid behind the Ghilaaf. At times during the night I saw Nabi (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) making Tawaaf of the Kaaba, and I even made Salaam to him. Once, Nabi (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) asked me when I had come here. I replied that it has been thirty days since my arriving there. He asked me who was supplying me with food; I replied that besides the water of Zam-Zam, I had no other source of nourishment. Nabi (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) replied that surely this was blessed and it was the best food of all foods.
17. Hadhrat Rabaah reports from Hadhrat Aswad: He mentions that once such a stage passed him while in Makkah that for three days he had no food. He spent his time at the well of Zam-Zam, drinking therefrom. He says that he derived the pleasure and effects of milk from this water
18. Mufti Abu Bakr Umar Maroof Shaneeni, who was frorn amongst the top Ulama of Yemen, states that a person was afflicted with a serious illness. His illness took a bad turn. He went to a doctor, who turned hirn away due to the very serious nature of the illness, and said that this person had no rnore than three days to live. When the patient heard this, it was as tough the earth beneath him had opened up. He turned away thoroughly dejected. Allaah Taala placed this thought in his mind that why should he not drink from the water of Zam-Zam, because Nabi (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) said that it was a water which had Shifaa (cure). With this intention he left Yemen and arrived in Makkah. He drank Zam-Zam water to his fill. He felt that something was breaking in his stomach. Immediately he left the Haram and went to relieve himself. He had a bout of diarrhea. He went and drank Zam-Zam water for a second time and again had a bout of diarrhea. He stayed for a few days in Makkah. After Allaah Taala had granted him cure, he returned to his home country and presented himself before the doctor. The doctor was surprised and asked him if he was the very same person who had the certain disease. He replied in the affirmative. The doctor asked him what medicine he had used. He indicated that he had been cured through the Barkat of the water of Zam- Zam.
19. In the same way a blind person drank from the water of Zam-Zam and put some on his eyes. Allaah Taala granted his sight.
20. Allama Zahni states in Tabqaat that when Sheikh Khatieb Saghdaadi went for Haj, then he drank thrice from the well of Zam-Zam, and he asked Allaah Taala for three of his needs. Allaah Taala fulfilled all three of his needs through the Barkat of Zam-Zam.
21. Allama Taajudeen Subki (rahmatullahi alaih) writes in Tabqaat: Allama Muhammad Bin Ishaq Bin Khuzaima was asked: Where did you attain such heights in knowledge? he replied that Nabi (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) said that for whatever purpose the water of Zam-Zam is drunk, that will be fulfilled. Hence, he says, he drank it with the duaa of acquiring knowledge, and Allaah Taala fulfilled his desire.
22. Sheikhul lslaam Ibn Hajar (rahmatullahi alaih) states that when he was still a student of Hadith when he drank Zam-Zam and made duaa that Allaah Taala make him an excellent Haafiz of Hadith like Allama Zahri. He says that 20 years later he made Hajj, and he felt that Allaah Taala had granted him progress in his knowledge. He says that he made a duaa then, that Allaah Taala grant him higher stages in rank. He said that he had hope Allah Taala will surely fulfill that duaa.
Blogs Disclaimer: The views expressed in these blogs are those of the author(s). The blog is monitored with set guidelines. Inapproproate content should be reported on our forums for the attention of our moderators.