"Allah! there is no god but He! To Him belongs the Most Beautiful Names." (Qur'an 20:8)
1. Ar-Rahman The One who has plenty of mercy for the believers and the blasphemers in this world and especially for the believers in the hereafter. The Most Merciful
2. Ar-Rahim The One who has plenty of mercy for the believers. The most Compassionate
3. Al-Malik The One with the complete Dominion, the One Whose Dominion is clear from imperfection. The King, the Monarch
4. Al-Quddus The One who is pure from any imperfection and clear from children and adversaries. The Holy one
5. As-Salam The One who is free from every imperfection. The Peace, The Tranquility
6. Al-Mu'min The One who witnessed for Himself that no one is God but Him. And He witnessed for His believers that they are truthful in their belief that no one is God but Him. The One with Faith The Faithful, The Trusted
7. Al-Muhaymin The One who witnesses the saying and deeds of His creatures. The Protector The vigilant, the controller
8. Al-'Aziz The Defeater who is not defeated. The Mighty The Almighty, the powerful
9. Al-Jabbar The One that nothing happens in His Dominion except that which He willed. The all Compelling
10. Al-Mutakabbir The One who is clear from the attributes of the creatures and from resembling them. The Haughty, the Majestic The Imperious
11. Al-Khaliq The One who brings everything from non-existence to existence. The Creator, the Maker
12.Al-Bari' The Creator who has the Power to turn the entities. The Artificer, the Creator
13.Al-Musawwir The One who forms His creatures in different pictures. The Fashioner The Organizer, the Designer
14.Al-Ghaffar The One who forgives the sins of His slaves time and time again. The Forgiving, the Forgiver
15.Al-Qahhar The Subduer who has the perfect Power and is not unable over anything. The Almighty, the Dominant
16.Al-Wahhab The One who is Generous in giving plenty without any return. The Donor, the Bestower
17. Ar-Razzaq The Provider, the Sustainer
18. Al-Fattah The One who opens for His slaves the closed worldly and religious matters. The Opener, the Revealer
19. Al-'Alim The Knowledgeable; The One nothing is absent from His knowledge. The all Knowing, the Omniscient
20. Al-Qabid The One who constricts the sustenance. The Contractor, The Restrainer, the Recipient.
21. Al-Basit The One who expands and widens. The Expander, He who expands
22. Al-Khafid The One who lowers whoever He willed by His Destruction. The Abaser, the Humbler
23. Ar-Rafi' The One who raises whoever He willed by His Endowment. The Raiser, the Exalter
24. Al-Mu'iz He gives esteem to whoever He willed, hence there is no one to degrade Him; The Honorer, the Exalter
25. Al-Muzil Degrades whoever he willed, hence there is no one to give him esteem. The Abaser, the Degrader, the Subduer
26. As-Sami' The One who Hears all things that are heard by His Eternal Hearing without an ear, instrument or organ. The Hearer, The All hearing, all knowing.
27. Al-Basir The One who Sees all things that are seen by His Eternal Seeing without a pupil or any other instrument. The Seer, The discerning, the All seeing.
28. Al-Hakam He is the Ruler and His judgment is His Word. The arbitrator, the Judge
29. Al-'Adl The One who is entitled to do what He does. The justice, the equitable. The Just.
30. Al-Latif The Most Gentle, the Gracious. The One who is kind
31. Al-Khabir The One who knows the truth of things. The Aware. The Sagacious, one is who is aware.
32. Al-Halim The One who delays the punishment for those who deserve it and then He might forgive them. The Gentle. The most patient, the Clement.
33. Al-'Azim The One deserving the attributes of Exaltment, Glory, Extolment, and Purity from all imperfection. The Great, Mighty
34. Al-Ghafoor The One who forgives a lot. The Forgiving, the Pardoner.
35. Ash-Shakur The One who gives a lot of reward for a little obedience. The Grateful, the Thankful
36. Al-'Ali The One who is clear from the attributes of the creatures. The most high, the exalted.
37. Al-Kabir The One who is greater than everything in status. The great, the big.
38. Al-Hafiz The One who protects whatever and whoever He willed to protect. The Guardian, the preserver.
39. Al-Muqit The One who has the Power. The maintainer, The Nourisher
40. Al-Hasib The One who gives the satisfaction. The noble, The Reckoner
41. Aj-Jalil The One who is attributed with greatness of Power and Glory of status. The Majestic. The honorable, the exalted.
42. Al-Karim The One who is clear from abjectness. The most generous, the Bountiful.
43. Ar-Raqib The One that nothing is absent from Him. Hence it's meaning is related to the attribute of Knowledge. The Guardian, the watchful. Watcher.
44. Al-Mujib The One who answers the one in need if he asks Him and rescues the yearner if he calls upon Him. The Responder. The respondent, one who answers.
45. Al-Wasi' The Englober. The enricher, the Omnipresent, the Knowledgeable.
46. Al-Hakim The One who is correct in His doings. The most Wise, the Judicious.
47. Al-Wadud The Affectionate, the Loving.
48. Al-Majid The One who is with perfect Power, High Status, Compassion, Generosity and Kindness. The Glorious, the exalted.
49. Al-Ba'ith The One who resurrects for reward and/or punishment. The Resurrector, the Raiser from death.
50. Ash-Shahid The One who nothing is absent from Him. The Witness
51. Al-Haqq The One who truly exists. The Truth, the Just.
52. Al-Wakil The One who gives the satisfaction and is relied upon. The Guardian, the Trustee
53. Al-Qawee The One with the complete Power. The powerful, the Almighty, The Strong
54. Al-Matin The One with extreme Power which is un-interrupted and He does not get tired. The Strong, the Firm
55. Al-Walee The Supporter, the Friend, the Defender the master.
56. Al-Hamid The praised One who deserves to be praised. The Praiseworthy , the Commendable
57. Al-Muhsi The One who the count of things are known to him. The Counter
58. Al-Mubdi' The One who started the human being. That is, He created him. The Beginner, the Creator, The Originator
59. Al-Mu'eed The One who brings back the creatures after death. The Restorer, the Resurrector.
60. Al-Muhyee The One who took out a living human from semen that does not have a soul. He gives life by giving the souls back to the worn out bodies on the resurrection day and He makes the hearts alive by the light of knowledge. The Bestower, the Life Giver.
61. Al-Mumeet The One who renders the living dead. The Bringer of Death. The Death Giver.
62. Al-Hayy The One attributed with a life that is unlike our life and is not that of a combination of soul, flesh or blood. The Living. The Alive, the ever living.
63. Al-Qayyum The One who remains and does not end. The Self-Subsistent, The Eternal, the Self Sustaining.
64. Al-Wajid The Rich who is never poor. Al-Wajd is Richness. The all perceiving, the Opulent, the Finder.
65. Al-Wahid The One without a partner. The One, the Unique.
66. Al-Majid The One who is Majid. The Noble, the illustrious.
67. Al-Ahad The only, the Unique.
68. As-Samad The Master who is relied upon in matters and reverted to in ones needs. The Perfect, the Eternal.
69. Al-Qadir The One attributed with Power. The Able, the Capable, the Omnipotent.
70. Al-Muqtadir The One with the perfect Power that nothing is withheld from Him. The Capable, The all Powerful
71. Al-Muqaddim He makes ahead what He wills. The Presenter, The Advancer, The Expediter
72. Al-Mu'akhkhir The One who delays what He wills. The Fulfiller, the keeper behind, The Deferrer
73. Al-'Awwal The One whose Existence is without a beginning. The First
74. Al-'Akhir The One whose Existence is without an end. The Last
75. Az-Zahir The Apparent, the Exterior, The Manifest The One that nothing is above Him and nothing is underneath Him, hence He exists without a place.
76. Al-Batin The Hidden, the Interior, the Latent
77. Al-Wali The One who owns things and manages them. The Governor, The Ruler, The Master
78. Al-Muta'ali The One who is clear from the attributes of the creation. The Exalted, The most high, one above reproach.
79. Al-Barr The One who is kind to His creatures, who covered them with His sustenance and specified whoever He willed among them by His support, protection, and special mercy. The Benefactor, The Beneficent, the Pious.
80. At-Tawwab The One who grants repentance to whoever He willed among His creatures and accepts his repentance. The Acceptor of Repentance, The Forgiver, the Relenting.
81. Al-Muntaqim The One who victoriously prevails over His enemies and punishes them for their sins. It may mean the One who destroys them. The Avenger
82. Al-'Afuww The One with wide forgiveness. The Forgiver, the effacer, the Pardoner
83. Ar-Ra'uf The One with extreme Mercy. The Mercy of Allah is His will to endow upon whoever He willed among His creatures. The merciful, the Ever Indulgent.
84. Al-Muqsit The One who is Just in His judgment. The Just, the Equitable
85. Aj-Jami' The One who gathers the creatures on a day that there is no doubt about, that is the Day of Judgment. The Collector, the comprehensive, Gatherer
86. Al-Ghanee The One who does not need the creation. The rich, the all sufficing, Self-Sufficient
87. Al-Mughnee The One who satisfies the necessities of the creatures. The Enricher, sufficer, the bestower.
88. Al-Mani' The Supporter who protects and gives victory to His pious believers. Al-Mu'tiy The Withholder The Preventer, the prohibiter, the defender.
89. Ad-Darr The One who makes harm reach to whoever He willed. The Distresser , The afflictor, the bringer of Adversity.
90. An-Nafi' The One who gives benefits to whoever He wills. The Beneficial Benefactor
91. An-Nur The One who guides. The Light
92. Al-Hadi The One whom with His Guidance His believers were guided, and with His Guidance the living beings have been guided to what is beneficial or them and protected from what is harmful to them. The Guide
93. Al-Badi' The One who created the creation and formed it without any preceding example. The Wonderful, the maker, Incomparable
94. Al-Baqi The One that the state of non-existence is impossible for Him. The Enduring, the Everlasting, the eternal
95. Al-Warith The One whose Existence remains. The Inheritor, The Heir
96. Ar-Rashid The One who guides. The Rightly Guided, The Conscious, the Guide
97. As-Sabur The One who does not quickly punish the sinners. The most Patient, the Enduring.
98. Malik Al-Mulk The One who controls the Dominion and gives dominion to whoever He willed. The Ruler of the Kingdom, king of the Universe
99. Zul-l-Jalal wal-Ikram The One who deserves to be Exalted a
posted by muslimahkp786 on 2nd May 2011 - 0 comments
Blogs Disclaimer: The views expressed in these blogs are those of the author(s). The blog is monitored with set guidelines. Inapproproate content should be reported on our forums for the attention of our moderators.