Ulamaa ID 03
Answer last updated on:
28th October 2006
Ulamaa ID 03
In the Name of Allah, the Inspirer of Truth.
Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh
We don't know.
Gelatine Filters in Fruit Juices - CAN YOU HELP?
Soft Drinks The Vegetarian Society UK Soft Drinks and Gelatine - from The Vegetarian Spring/Summer 1994 http://www.vegsoc.org/Food/gelatine.html
Despite contacting several major supermarkets, responses were far too vague to make a decision. Unfortunately, we lack the time and resources to continue this investigation. We would appreciate it if someone\some persons could do the research and relay this to us. We need concrete statements from juice manufacturers.
It would help us to know the following:
1. How is the gelatine filters used in the refining process?
2. Is the gelatine always sourced from a particular type of animal or is it always from a fish?
3. How widely is this used in the food and confectionary industry?
4. Is there any source on a site which would describe this issue?
5. Any other information in this regard would be most useful.
And Allah knows Best
Wa Alaykumussalaam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh
Subscribe to our Free Newsletter www.foodguide.org.uk
We will keep you posted bi-monthly or so on Updates, and any urgent notifications.