Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem
Al Jawaab Billahit-Tawfeeq
Ramadaan is a great blessing which Allah (SWT) has granted us. This month is also commonly referred to as “The Month of the Quraan.” Therefore during the month of Ramadaan, one should exert oneself in the recitation of the Quraan. Completing the Quraan once, will be fulfilling one’s obligation to the Quraan. However, one should strive to complete the recitation of the Quraan many times.
Also one should make abundant dhikr during the month of Ramadaan. Even while carrying out household activities or while walking around, one’s tongue should be moist with the dhikr of Allah.
It is also stated that during the month of a Ramadaan, a nafl (voluntary) act yields the reward of a Fardh (compulsory) act and the performance of a fardh act will yield 70 times more reward.
Thus, we should take advantage of this month and try and carry out the following actions:
• Tahajjud Salaah- By reading tahajjud salaah, one’s duas will truly be accepted. One may read between 2 -12 rakaats.
• Sehri- Nabi (SAW) has said, “Sehri is a thing of great blessing, which Allah has granted you, so never leave it.”
• Ishraaq salaah- This salaah should be offered approximately 15-20 minutes after the sun has risen. The reward of reading 4 rakaats Ishraaq salaah is that one will receive the reward of an accepted Haj and Umrah.
• Chaast Salaah- The time for this Salaah begins when the sun is sufficiently bright and lasts until zawaal. By reading 2 rakaats of Chaast salaah, all the minor sins are forgiven.
• Taraweeh Salaah
• Salaatut Tasbeeh- This Salaah holds tremendous reward and one should try and read it every Friday or otherwise during the last 10 nights of Ramadaan.
• Itikaaf- If possible one should sit for the Sunnah itikaaf i.e. the last 10 days of Ramadaan. However if this is not possible then one should make the intention of nafl itikaaf whenever one enters the masjid or salaah area.
• Dua- One should engage in abundant dua during this blessed month especially at the time of Iftaar.
• Nabi (SAW) has also advised us to do 4 things in abundance during Ramadaan i.e. recitation of the first kalimah, istigfaar, begging for Jannah and seeking refuge from Jahannum.
• Feeding a fasting person- The reward for feeding a fasting person is that the person will be forgiven and freed from Jahannum and the feeder will receive the same reward as the one who fasted.
• Laylatul Qadr- This night is better than a thousand months. Thus one should make an effort to increase one’s ibadah during the last ten nights of Ramadaan especially the odd nights in order to find this blessed night.
It is also of utmost importance that one abstains from all sins during the month of Ramadaan especially the sins of the tongue. Therefore we should safeguard ourselves and use this month as a means of gaining closeness to Allah (SWT).
May Allah (SWT) grant us all the taufeeq (ability) to use our time wisely and fulfil the rights of the month of Ramadaan. Ameen.
Also bear in mind that we should do everything solely with the intention of pleasing Allah (SWT) and that will indeed make Allah (SWT) happy.
And Allah knows best
Answer last updated on:
18th September 2009
Ulamaa ID 14