Page 5 of 15
When in Ruku:
When you bend for Ruku', watch out for the following:
1. Bend the upper part of your body upto a point where the neck and back nearly level up. Do not bend any more or less then that.
2. While in Ruku', do not bend the neck to the limit that the chin starts touching the chest, nor raise it is high that the neck goes higher than the waist level. Instead, the neck and the waist should be in one level.
3. In Ruku', keep feet straight. Do not place them with an outward or inward slant.
4. Place both hands on your knees in a way that fingers on both hands stay open. In other wards, there should be space between every two fingers when you thus go on to hold the right knee with your right hand and the left knee with your left hand.
5. In the state of Ruku', wrists and arms should remain stretched straight. They should not bend, curve or sag.
6. Stay in Ruku', at least for a time during which "Saubhan Rabbiyal Azeem" could be said three times calmly and comfortably.
7. In the state of Ruku', the ayes should be looking towards the feet.
8. Body weight should be evenly distributed on both feet and both knees should be parallel to each other.