Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Attraction Of Worldly Life

Jump to page:

You have contributed 1.1% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Sheikh_Shuraim, queenie, Yasin, sweetmuslimahk1, abu mohammed, Taalibah, musaib, Naqshband66, TalibatunNoor, mmb786, Arslan., samah, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Jinn, Acacia, the fake shaykh, Arfatzafar
13 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 21st December 2010 00:11
`Umar Ibn Al-Khattab wrote to Abu Musa (radiallahu anhuma):

"You will never obtain the reward in the Hereafter by a means that is better than abandoning the pleasures of the life of this world."
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 21st December 2010 00:12
Muhammad Ibn Sugah said:

"There are two deeds if we are tormented only for them then we will be deserving that torment: a man receives a worldly benefit and becomes so happy and Allah knows that the man has never expressed such happiness for performing an obedience or attaining a religous benefit; and a man loses a worldly benefit and becomes so sorry for that, however Allah knows that he has never expressed such sorrow for committing an evil deed or missing a religious duty."
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 21st December 2010 00:13
Muhammad Ibn Wasi` said:

"Is it not astonishing to see someone weeping in Paradise?" The people answered: "Yes" He added: "It is more astonishing to see someone laughing in the life of this world whereas he doesn't know his destiny."
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#34 [Permalink] Posted on 21st December 2010 00:14
A poet said:

"Take your provisions from this life because you don't know when night comes whether you will live till dawn or not. How many young men that was laughing during the day whereas his shroud was being prepared and he knew nothing about it. How many young child whose parents hoped to see an old man but was already sent to the graves. And how many a brides that was beautified for their bride-grooms, but death took them both on the night of their wedding."
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#35 [Permalink] Posted on 21st December 2010 00:15
A poet said:

"Don't seek anything other than contentment, because therein is the bliss and the comfort of your body. Then consider the case of a person who possesses the whole world, can he take with him in the grave more than cotton and a shroud?"

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#36 [Permalink] Posted on 21st December 2010 00:16
Shu'aib Ibn Harb said:

"Whoever seeks the life of this world should prepare himself for humiliation."
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#37 [Permalink] Posted on 21st December 2010 00:17
Yahya Ibn Mu'adh said:

"It is difficult to renounce the life of this world and it is even more difficult to renounce Paradise, but the dowry of Paradise is the renunciation of the life of this world."

Dear brother/sister, Have we paid this dowry?
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#38 [Permalink] Posted on 21st December 2010 00:20
Al-Hasan Al-Basri wrote to `Umar Ibn Abdul `Aziz:

"The life of this world is a temporary home and not a permanent one. Adam (peace be upon him) was sent down to this life as a punishment for him, so beware of it. The best provision to take from this life is to renounce it, and the best of its riches is poverty in it. It humiliates the man who honours it and impoverishes the man who collects its benefits. It is like poison eaten by someone who ignores it, then it causes his death. You should therefore be like someone who cures an injury, he has patience in taking medicine lest his injury may take a long time to heal. Beware of this life which is arrogant and deceptive. It appears like a beautiful bride towards whom the eyes turn and the hearts show passionate love, then kills whoever marries her. A man may get what he wants of this life's pleasures, keeps himself busy with that and forgets the Hereafter till he stumbles off. He will then feel sorrow and regret and leave it without preparing any provision for the Hereafter."
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#39 [Permalink] Posted on 21st December 2010 00:22
At-Taimi said:

"The difference between you and the pious people is that when the pleasures of this life came towards them they fled from them, whereas you follow them when they turn away from you."
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#40 [Permalink] Posted on 21st December 2010 00:22
A poet said:

"Have you not heard the news of the old generations and what time has done to them. If you don't know, these are their homes already effaced by the rain and wind. They have all passed through this stage and all the coming generations will do the same till the Day of Resurrection. Therefore, you should wake up from your unmindfulness because that Day is so close now. If you refuse to wake now, then you will wake when your cover is removed (after death); you will remember my advice, but it will be too late."
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#41 [Permalink] Posted on 21st December 2010 00:25
In a clear contrast between ourselves and our forefathers Al-Hasan Al-Basri said:

"I knew some people who did not feel happy when they would obtain any of the worldly pleasures, or to follow them when they would turn away. The life of this world has been for them lower than the dust they walk on. They spent their nights praying, weeping and supplicating Allah (azza wa jall). When they would perform a good deed, they used to praise Allah for that and to invoke Him to accept it, and when they would commit an evil deed they used to ask Allah to forgive them. I swear by Allah they were saved from sins only by Allah's forgiveness, May Allah have mercy on them."
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#42 [Permalink] Posted on 21st December 2010 00:26
A poet said:

"You accumulate your sins one above the other and covet, inspite of that, to enter Paradise! Don't you know that Adam (alaihis salam) was sent out of it because of a single sin he committed."
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#43 [Permalink] Posted on 21st December 2010 00:26
Abu Darda' (radiyallahu anhu) said:

"I love poverty so as to be modest before my Rabb, I love death because I am longing to see the All-Mighty Allah and I love sickness so as to expiate my sins."
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#44 [Permalink] Posted on 21st December 2010 00:29
Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud (radiyallahu anhu) said:

"O people! You are in the passage of day and night. Your life span is decreasing. Your deeds are kept and death comes suddenly. Everyone will harvest what he has sown. A covetous man cannot get what Allah has not predestined for him. Whoever is given good that is from Allah, and whoever is saved against evil, then Allah is his Protector. The pious people are masters, jurists are leaders and being in the company of such people is a
benefit."
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#45 [Permalink] Posted on 21st December 2010 00:29
Abu Darda' (radiyallahu anhu) said:

"Before Islam I used to be a merchant, and after the advent of Islam I was busy with commerce and worship, but it was so difficult for me to combine the two, that I renounced commerce and turned towards worship."
No post ratings

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What's behind the word Yellow? (it's not the sun)