Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

The Sunnah of Umar (RA) Rejected!

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Topic Poll
It is clear that the Salafi reject the Hadith and words of Hadhtar Umar(ra)
» It is crystal clear
88%
7 members | 0 guests
» I dont get it, where are they going wrong
13%
1 members | 0 guests
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
sweetmuslimahk1, ummi taalib, abu mohammed
2 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 4th November 2010 12:04
How many times have we heard that Taraweeh is 8 Rakaats, it was Umar(RA) who introduced 20 rakaats. And how many times have we said that we must follow the Sunnah of The Khulafa e Rashideen. We hear the same thing about Talaq by the same people, they say that it was Umar who said 3 talaqs is 3 not 1 talaq.
SubhanAllah!

A Hadith states that Rasulullaah (SAW) said, "Verily Allaah has placed the truth
on the tongue of Umar."(1) This tells us that nothing contrary to the truth will come
from the tongue of Hadhrat Umar (RA). Therefore, why should he not be a criterion for good and bad?

There is also another narration in which Rasulullaah (SAW) said, "There has been
Muhaddathoon in the previous nations (people whose tongues are inspired with the
truth). If there is any Muhaddath in my Ummah, it is definitely Umar."(2)

Imaam Tahtaawi (RH) reports a Hadith in which Rasulullaah (SAW) says, "Many things will be initiated after me and those that I love the most are the ones that
Umar shall initiate. You people should therefore adhere steadfastly to that
which Umar initiates."(3)

1) Tirmidhi, as quoted in Mishkaatul Masaabeeh (Pg.554).
2) Mishkaatul Masaabeeh (Pg.554).
3) Imaam Tahtaawi (RH)'s commentary to Maraaqil Falaah, Pg.239.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 4th November 2010 12:12
There you have it:

There is no doubt that one will be rewarded for acting on the practices of Hadhrat Umar (RA) and punished for forsaking them. This is so because we have been commanded to follow him due to
the instruction of Rasulullaah (SAW) which says, 'Follow the two who are after me; Abu
Bakr and Umar'. Since we have been commanded to follow the two of them, this will be compulsory and forsaking a compulsory act will necessitate punishment.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 12th July 2011 12:45
'Irbad ibn Sariya (radiallaahu 'anh) narrates, that the Messenger (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: "Keep to my Sunnah and the Sunnah of the guided Caliphs who followed the right way (al-Khulafa' ar-Rashideen al-Mahdiyyeen). Hold fast to it, and cleave onto it with your teeth." (Sunan Abi Dawud 2:287, al-Tirmidhi 2:97, Ibn Majah 5)

The Messenger of Allah (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) very strongly instructed, "Keep to my Sunnah and the Sunnah of the guided Caliphs who followed the right way." This means that the rightly Guided Caliphs (radiallahu anhum) must also be followed in their rulings, just as the Messenger (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) is to be followed.

Hadhrat 'Umar (radiallaahu 'anh) was the second Caliph. Therefore, due to the above hadith, the decisions of Hadhrat 'Umar (radiallaahu 'anh), will have to be accepted just as if it had come from the Messenger (salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) himself.

In another Hadith, Hudaifah (radiallaahu 'anh) reports, that the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said "I do not know how long I will remain with you. So follow these two people (Who will remain) after me: Abu Bakr (R.A.) and Umar (R.A.)." (Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah, Ahmed, and Mirqaatul Mafateeh - vol. 5, page 549)

In this Hadith, special attention should be given to the word "Iqtidaa" (follow) which is used in the Arabic text. "Iqtidaa" is not used to mean following in the organizational sense, but rather it is used to refer to religious following.

'Umar (radiallahu anh) determined the number of rak'ats of taraweeh to be twenty and appointed Ubay ibn Ka'b (radiallahu anh) to lead the people in congregation. This then remained the practise of the Muslim Ummah throughout the caliphate of 'Uthman and 'Ali (radiallahu anhuma), and then on and on for twelve hundred years. Hence, it will be necessary to follow suit!

Likewise will be the case with regards to Talaq.

According to the Salafis, three divorces given in one sitting is equivalent to one divorce only. However, this is contrary to the position held by all the Sunni Islamic schools of law (Hanafi, Hanbali, Maliki and Shafi'ee).

If a man pronounced three divorces at once by stating to the wife: "I divorce you three times" or by saying: "I divorce you", three times, then three divorces will be effected and the divorce will be irrevocable. This was also the view of the overwhelming majority of the Sahaaba and Tabi'een (radiallaahu 'anhum).

Sayyiduna Hasan ibn Ali (Allah be pleased with him) said (in a long Hadith, after divorcing his wife): "Had I not heard my father (Ali, radiallaahu 'anh) narrating from my grandfather (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) say: "when a man pronounces three divorces, then his wife will no longer remain lawful for him, unless she marries another man", I would have taken my wife back." (Sunan al-Bayhaqi)
No post ratings