Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

I Have a Purpose

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.5% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Muadh_Khan, Naqshband66, Taalibah, Jinn, samah, the fake shaykh, abu mohammed, Acacia, dr76, my176, Abdullah bin Mubarak, BHAI1, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Abu Salma, Umm Khadeejah, abuzayd2k, Abdur Rahman ibn Awf, ALIF, sipraomer, hmdsalahuddin, saa10245, bint e aisha, a2z, tanveerzakee
6 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#361 [Permalink] Posted on 15th May 2015 08:13
Reyko Huang's Remarkable Perspective on the Islamic State

Please, please read here what Reyko Huang says about the Islamic State.
It will help us in remaining both calm and sane and relatively free from guilt.
The guilt that does not belong to us.

Do we belong to the Islamic State? No.
Did we create it? No.
Did we help in its creation? No.
Do we hold similar brutal ideology? No.
Are we ideologically supporting it? No.
Are we obliged to fight it on the ground? Why at all?
The US and the NATO could take on the militants in Afghanistan and they thrashed that country into oblivion killing every single fighting age Afghan and many more including women and children.
Now they need boots on the ground - minions who will sacrifice their lives for the west.

Above writer brings the temperature down a lot.

Her CV is here.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Agree x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#362 [Permalink] Posted on 18th May 2015 12:24
Strange Information Embargo on the Islamic State

The western medi sources are implementing a strict information embargo on the news about the Islamic State.
Strangely enough we still have a rather thoroughly complete news coverage about their activities. Talk of Washington Post, BBC, Toronto Star or the Times of India you can map thoroughly the rise and rise of the IS.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#363 [Permalink] Posted on 19th May 2015 10:52
Things in a State of Flux

Political and security situation relevant for Muslims is in such a state of flux that changes are happening by the hour.
You decide upon some situation and then the new piece of news comes in such that you are forced to revise your estimates.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#364 [Permalink] Posted on 19th May 2015 11:58
Guard Your Deen

If you do not look at the world with Islamic perspective then your view will be extremely tinted.
+2 -0Like x 1Agree x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#365 [Permalink] Posted on 21st May 2015 10:48
The Baba and the 'Amil

The Babas of India, the Tantrics are very easy to decipher.
I have seen so many of them in the media that it is no brainer that apart from that one hour of Pravachan ( Sermon) it is lust all the time on their mind. You can see it in their eyes. So many times it spills out into the media.
But I do not have much experience with the 'Amils. I have heard that they do touch non-Mehram for 'spiritual medicine' but I do not know their level of perversion.

Post 'inspired' by second letter from the South Africa scholar who defected to the Islamic State.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Germany
Brother
#366 [Permalink] Posted on 21st May 2015 10:56
May I ask Hazrat to please join Twitter? It would make it a lot easier to share some of these gems with thousands of other brother & sisters. Even snippets which could be linked to this thread would suffice as a minimum.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#367 [Permalink] Posted on 21st May 2015 11:06
Ya Akhi al-Aziz I was thinking that I am done with the social media. My plan was to revert to blogs to sort our those academic points that have still eluded my comprehension. After that it would be a long hours of hard work to compile all those books that I have listed in a post above. But I'll not reject your love and I'll come to twitter for a few months. The additional motivation will be to have some exposer in the active crowd so that my future books have a few readers - I would like to avoid oblivion.

And now it is time to decommission that epithet Hazrat - you see Rashid Saloogie might get angry with both of us!
+2 -0Like x 1Creative x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#368 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd May 2015 15:12
Very Endearing Episode

Source : Dr76 : Sunni Forum

The following incident is taken from Yadgaar Waqiat by Maulana Muhammed Ishaq Multani sahab db..
P:155-156

It is Not Permissible to destroy any old place of Worship.

Sultan Sikandar Lodhi (died 923H,1561 AD) was faced with an issue that many Hindus of Delhi participated in the group bath at Kurukshetra fair.. they used to come in great numbers and a religious fair was observed..People complained to Sikander Lodhi that an Islamic Sultanate should not have such customs.

Sikandar Lodhi attempted to halt it, but before that he sought the counsel of Ulema… Malik al Ulema Hazrat Maulana Abdullah Ajodhani was also present in the meeting..
All the ulema collectively hinted towards him saying that his opinion would be the final word and it shall be the decision of all of us… Sikandar Lodhi wished that Maulana Abdullah would give a ruling prohibiting the Fair..

Maulana Abdullah inquired “ What is this Kurukshetra..?”
He replied that “ it is a very big tank where Hindus from Delhi.. near and far gather for a bath..”

Maulana asked “ how old is this custom..?” and people replied “ it is prevalent since olden times..”
Maulana Abdullah gave a Fatwa saying

“ To destroy any old place of worship regardless of its religious affiliation, from an Islamic perspective is Not permissible..”

When Sikander Lodhi heard the decision being made against his wishes.. with hands gripping on his dagger he said..:
“This Fatwa of yours is favorable to the Hindus.. I shall slay you first then destroy kurukshetra”

Maulana Abdullah replied him with great courage and audacity:
“No one dies without the orders of Allah .. Whenever I visit a tyrant.. i prepare myself for death beforehand.. you inquired me of a Shari’i injunction.. so I have informed you of .. if you have no concern for Shari’ah.. then what was the need to ask..”

Hearing this firm response… Sikander remained mute.. after a while when his fury settled down and the meeting was dispersed.. he quipped at Maulana “ Miyan Abdullah..! do keep meeting me..”

( Waqiat Mushtaq,P:61)

duas..

wa assalam..

No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#369 [Permalink] Posted on 25th May 2015 09:51
To Pakistan with Love

A Pakistani lady writes on Huff Post:

Quote:
On 30 January 2013 my husband was abducted by six men in broad daylight on his way back from work, about 1.5 km from our house in Defense, apparently one of Karachi's "safest" and "poshest" districts, making me realise how fluid and relative the term "safe" really is and how vulnerable our concocted cocoons actually are.[/quote]
This is a traumatic event from two years ago.
Must have been more traumatic for a woman alone at home.
Quote:
That day, he'd called me to say he would be home in 10 minutes as we had to watch a play that night. But then as the hours ticked by I could not make contact with him. In retrospect, it surprises me to remember how stoic and numb I had felt about what may have happened. I continued feigning laughter at the jokes we were exchanging on a family WhatsApp group, aware that alarming people thousands of miles away would serve no practical purpose.[/quote]
She comes out as one with modern life style.

Quote:
Standing alone in my oversized bedroom, I said a small prayer: "God, please bring him home, take time away from my life, but bring him home. I have no idea where he is." It didn't help to have no family in Pakistan then either. After waiting for what had seemed like an eternity, with close to 60 phone calls on both his numbers, I feared that he had met with a car accident. Accompanied by my driver, I began trailing the road from his workplace to our home, searching amidst minimal street lights (as it was nightfall by now), for an ambulance, a wrecked car, injured bodies, any clues that would help me reach my husband, to whom I had been married for under a year. This wasn't how I had imagined our first anniversary.[/quote]
A good build up for the description of emotional state of a nearly newly married woman.
Quote:
Several hours later, after being locked up in a remote, unfamiliar, no-go district called Lyari, somewhat bruised, more so shattered, negotiating for hours about ransom and more importantly his life, my husband successfully escaped from an area where until recently, even the police was not allowed to enter. It was nothing short of a miracle but that is a story for another time.[/quote]
Thankfully she skipped the nerve wrecking part for now.
Quote:
I stayed on sleeping pills for the next several months, waking up sporadically in the middle of the night, even if I did fall asleep, staring at the ceiling for hours, patting my husband whilst he was fast asleep just to make sure he was still beside me and repeatedly wondering how much worse this could have been.
[/quote]
Once again an extremely expressive description of the damage external events cause to us. Told by a woman in modern stoic style.
Quote:

On the one hand, my patriotism for Pakistan (Karachi even more so), died a tiny death that night. The realisation that I was born in a country and a city that did not even grant me a right as fundamental as my life had hit home with haunting conviction.[/quote]

The blame is put on Pakistan - a country not ensuring modern/western life.
Quote:

It was no longer us consoling a relative on their trauma and loss, whilst secretly counting our blessings that it wasn't one of us. On the other, however, it gave me perspective, to understand that there are those who have witnessed worse -- lost brothers, fathers, sisters. It also reignited the existential struggle in my mind of what it really meant to be Pakistani and if this was something I wanted to call myself. Is it being Muslim, being a Sunni or a Shia, being a man, being Punjabi or Mohajir? If I go to a temple or a church, am I still Pakistani? If I belong to the Ahmadi sect, am I still Pakistani? If I have roots to the Gujar caste, am I still Pakistani? If I speak Balochi, am I still Pakistani? If I am embarrassed to talk about my country in front of my Western friends, am I still Pakistani? Ethnicity, religion, class, caste, gender all immersed into a black maelstrom in my over-wrought head, as I wondered who I really was?[/quote]
Pakistan was created in the name of Islam.
The question is about Islamic vs modern liberal western life style.
Rest of the ghosts are either imaginary or not relevant.
Mufti Rafi Usmani Sahab (DB) : The question arises whether we can implement our traditions and Deen in our Pakistan. We want to do that and we also want the government to practice that. If that means fundamentalism then we are guilty of fundamentalists.
[quote]"[B]eing 'Indian' taking precedence over all other markers of identity has played a pivotal role in enabling our neighbours to attain the status of becoming a global force to reckon with."

Here the implication is that India has done better in adopting the modern western way of life.
[quote]Growing up as part of a middle class that was sandwiched between the upper echelons of wealthy, ministerial indulgence on the one hand and homeless street children sleeping drugged outside shrines on the other, I realised that this is one of the differentiators for why Pakistan and India have witnessed such markedly varied trajectories, despite gaining independence almost simultaneously. Belonging to the proverbial middle class, I still distinctly recall the scarring experience of attending a school that was notorious for its ''high-brow, stiff-necked' parvenus students, thriving on the opulence they had inherited by virtue of their birth, whilst we naively doted on a father who was a professor and believed that the nobility of his profession superseded all monetary returns. What the contributions of those children themselves were to that grandeur, in many cases, still remains to be seen. I think watching my mother sell newspapers one day to buy potatoes, so that we didn't come home to empty plates at lunch, are the sort of experiences that have made my siblings and me, braver, resilient and more empathetic human beings.

There are two themes here. Firstly India is better. Secondly economic disparity between feudal Pakistanis and the middle class.
Can Islam solve these?

It is clear that western life style has become very desirable here.
This is a very deep penetration into our way of life and not easy to fight.
If we leave out materialism then, I fear, that we may not have any claim to superiority over wetsren way of life.
Second question is of distribution of wealth.
I doubt whether even India or west has solution for that.
[quote]However, this very middle class in Pakistan is shrinking with perturbing rapidity. On the contrary, in India, a burgeoning middle class that benefits from an infrastructure that helps them compete and succeed. Besides, being "Indian" taking precedence over all other markers of identity has played a pivotal role in enabling our neighbours to attain the status of becoming a global force to reckon with.

May be she thinks being Indian will solve all the problems.
Recently Julio F. Rebeiro, former punjab supercop who saved Punjab for India, said that he does not feel safe anymore in India.
Above lady writer might try becoming a person from majority religion in India. Unfortunately that will take her to her proper place in the caste scheme. Gurjar? that will not be that enjoyable. Only Brahmin or Thakur could be viable. And then too other castes will legitimately ask her their due.
[quote]I now have family that chose to move back to Pakistan -- a brother, his wife, my 18-month-old nephew and mother, who live in Karachi every single day and cope, just in order to survive, along with over 20 million others. They are the true heroes of our nation who should be lauded -- those who have chosen to remain in a country that continues to unleash on us new-fangled bedrocks of mayhem with every passing day.

It is true that Karachi is simply horrific at the moment.
[quote] Being an expatriate means it is relatively simpler to pass judgments and express sorrow at the state of affairs back home, whilst quietly making a resolve to never return "home" from the security of one's Middle Eastern or Western drawing room. Not living in my home country any longer, the one conscious endeavour I try to make, (challenging as it is!), is to stop judging Pakistan and Pakistanis. Whoever we are, whatever the term means, and however convoluted our identity might be, the world needs to stop dubbing for us as judge and jury. For far too long, Pakistan has been smeared by lemming-like cretins amongst its populace, who oscillate between endorsing the criticising, patronising the gaze of the West on one hand, whilst fleetingly supporting flushes of "Made in Pakistan" each time it is in vogue to do so.

Remarkably this sister regains her wits.
[quote]Yes there are problems, mammoth ones, which often, in the medium term at least, seem insurmountable. We witness gut wrenching barbarism, the chronic expulsion of innocent lives and the perfectly orchestrated engulfing of courageous professions into smithereens every day. However, adding insult to injury through scripting the final label from "failed" to "hopeless" each time a terrorist attack occurs, hardly offers the answers.

Brave of her again.
[quote]The one realisation for me, despite the personal trauma we have experienced in Pakistan, is that this country is homefor anyone who calls themselves Pakistani and its orbit might have been significantly different, had we all played on the same team over the last seven or so decades. Just the totemic power of such unity would have sufficed to battle the Frankenstein's monsters created and imposed on us by outsiders since the nation's inception. The way I see it is, simply put, if a love letter is soaked in blood, that shouldn't eradicate the fact that it is still precisely that - a love letter.

Very courageous once again.
My only wish would have been that she had included Islam in her orbit analysis.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#370 [Permalink] Posted on 25th May 2015 10:43
Maripat wrote:
View original post

ٱلسَّلَامُ عَلَيكُم وَرَحمَةُٱللَّه

جَزَاكَ ٱللَّهُ خَيرًا
for sharing.

I myself living in Karachi, used to hear that the conditions here are not good.( But ٱلحَمدُلِلَّه now hear that they are getting better.)

But then every time I go out of my house, I see a mall bustling with people from all walks of life, the sea shore near it, with people from non-posh areas (for entertainment), even the nearest commercial area near me, with families passing in their cars, and motor cycles, and in rickshaws.

I then question, are the conditions this bad that I see people just wandering freely, seemingly; with no fear or grief?

On the other hand are news about children getting kidnapped, dacoits looting people etc.

I just don't get it...
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#371 [Permalink] Posted on 25th May 2015 13:35
ibn Ismail wrote:
View original post

It's just these days things have started to look somewhat good and the main reason to that is 'Raheel Shareef', he's a thorn to all corrupt officials and militant organisations and so far has gone after MQM in Karachi with a vengeance. However he's said such operations won't be restricted to mqm only but all militant organisations through out the country.

Many Pakistanis here speak quite highly of him, however only time will determine whether he is a success or a failure. Unfortunately with a lot of people they usually do come with a loud BANG only shortly to go quiet, so lets see. So far so good.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#372 [Permalink] Posted on 25th May 2015 17:04
Jinn wrote:
View original post

He is from infantry so Soldiers regard him as a Soldier's General.

He is not Qadiyani and there is no doubt about that so Deobandees have nothing to stick on his character.

All in all well respected by his men.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Chennai
Brother
#373 [Permalink] Posted on 25th May 2015 19:38
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

how about Chaudhry Aslam Khan ?

His assassination made news in Indian media.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#374 [Permalink] Posted on 25th May 2015 20:00
hmdsalahuddin wrote:
View original post

Sorry I don't know who Caudry Aslam Khan is?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#375 [Permalink] Posted on 26th May 2015 12:26
Now I realize that above sweet lady is courageous trying to cling to her love for her motherland. This of course is a positive thing. Unfortunately this still does not give us the precious view about the ground reality in Pakistan today. I do remember evry Pakistan discussion on SF got excessively hot because of any reference to Tehreek a Taliban. Since then there has not been much discussion on that topic and we only know about the situation from media.
No post ratings

Jump to page: