You have contributed 25.2% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Taalibah, abu mohammed
Rank Image
London
Brother
#76 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2017 10:59
Although clearly mentioned before by Wifaqul Ulama, I think the above post should be worded carefully, possibly as below to avoid confusion overall.
Wifaqul Ulama wrote:
NANDO’S: Each and every chicken is SUPPLIED BY FREEMAN'S WHO'S POULTRY IS Dhabihah, checked, inspected and certified at source (Freemans). These chickens are stunned at a low voltage. There have been checks many times and there is no danger of these chicken dying. Muslim men have gone there for inspections, picked up random chickens from the line and dropped them on the floor and they recover after 30 seconds or so. NANDO’S use these chicken at each and every restaurant and there are no other chickens. However, due to the current political climate they will not admit it publicly. The processes inside the restaurant are not monitored or checked.

I will update this post later about NANDO’S

Both chickens are stunned.

EDIT: Jzk for the update. but KFC still looks the stronger contender. Hmmm!
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#77 [Permalink] Posted on 18th July 2017 17:39
WifaqulUlama wrote:
View original post

salaam

how many inspectors and how many personnel are involved in this process throughout the entire monitoring process of the freemans chickens?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#78 [Permalink] Posted on 19th July 2017 00:40
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Does this mean NANDOS is also haram to eat from?

You're right. WU's post is a little confusing.
No post ratings
#79 [Permalink] Posted on 21st July 2017 12:56
Salam. So do we treat the KFC halal labelled meat in the UK as NAJIS or TAHIR? Like if the oil goes on our clothes and thus we would need to wash it according to Islamic standards if it were Najis?
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#80 [Permalink] Posted on 21st July 2017 13:06
Guest-106312 wrote:
View original post

How would the oil get on the clothes if it was not being consumed. Unless you are asking as an employee. If so, maybe you can also help Wifaqul Ulama gain further details on the position of KFC/HFA being as Halal as Freeman's (Nando's)

Then maybe they can answer your question further.
No post ratings
#81 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd July 2017 12:32
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

I mean if we DO eat it.

things should be treated as Tahir unless proven otherwise, with the exception of meat which is najis/haram until proven otherwise.

So im trying to understand beyond the issue of eating haram/halal - if this HFA certified classified as TAHIR or NAJIS. If the meat goes into my home and on my plates, do I class it as contaminated. That's what I'm trying to understand.

If all that above has confused, then my question is simply just this: Do we treat this dubious halal labeled KFC meat in the UK as tahir or najis.
+0 -0Creative x 1
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#82 [Permalink] Posted on 25th July 2017 16:42
WifaqulUlama wrote:
View original post

So much has happened in my absence lol.

I saw a poster on the road today, "The Chicken, The whole chicken, and nothing but the chicken" and I remembered the thread :(

It's like even the users of this thread are too chicken to admit the chicken is halal :( but I understand why!

Anyways, I'm not interested in Nando's coz I understand it's chicks are halal coming from freemans but won't be declared halal coz of the drinks. Fair enough.

At the same time, KFC have the same poor little chicks, they are stunned and halal just like Nando's but won't be declared halal once in the takeaway.

Strange!

Both chicks are halal when slaughtered, so technically if one was to eat their chickens, it would not be called a haram chicken.

WU's statement to say avoid it, means (to me) that it's upto you because wu can't be responsible for calling it haram when it is in fact zabiha. The caution comes with the nitty gritty details.

Unless otherwise stated, I'm pecking away understanding that we can eat both, in fact, we can even eat from the non halal Nando's lololololol.

This will raise some eyebrows, but that's not my responsibility.
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#83 [Permalink] Posted on 25th July 2017 17:09

As myself, I would slap this on.

On behalf of the cautious ones, I think this will do fine.

On the Topic itself, now;

Over to you Wifaqul Ulama. I did say this will be a difficult one!
+1 -0Creative x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#84 [Permalink] Posted on 26th July 2017 11:06

Asaaghir wrote:
View original post

abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Interesting conundrum….From what I am reading this is what is being said.

RAW CHICKEN:

There are similarities and difference between the two sources of chicken. The on the surface similarities are that they are both stunned before slaughter. The in depth difference is that Freeman is certified, closely monitored, open to surprise inspections. It has been inspected repeatedly and it has been found that chicken are alive at time of slaughter. The inspection process is rigorous and compliant according to Mufti Yusuf Sacha and anyone is welcome to sit down with him and he can walk them through the process. Any Muslim can contact Freeman, make an appointment, visit and see it for themselves. KFC source is not open to any independent examination, process is not fully known, sites are not known so not sure how it can be visited by Muslims. The mechanics of how HFA certify is not open to discussions or independent verification.

So let me summarise (source):

1. NANDOS: Chicken is Halal and there is no doubt
  2. KFC: Chicken is unknown but likely Halal

COOKED CHICKEN:

There are similarities and difference between the two Restaurants. NANDO has no inspection process at the restaurant whatsoever but all their chicken comes from a single source. KFC (Halal) has inspection process but source is not singular. The details and mechanics of HFA inspection are also not clear.

HFA need to be transparent in terms who (as in how many) inspect what, where and how. Instead they are just making a statement that everything is inspected from slaughter to the plate. The current employee strength of HFA make this impossible!

So let me summarise (Resturant):

1. NANDOS: No inspection at site, source is good
  2. KFC: Inspection suspect, supply line suspect and even source suspect

HMC:

I sat down with (Maulana) Yunus Dudhwala (HA) a few weeks ago and asked some very probing questions about HMC. Each and every chicken certified by HMC is tracked in terms of:

1. Slaughterhouse
  2. Slaughterer
  3. Inspector
  4. Transport (mechanism)

Sunnah?

That which is lawful is clear and that which is unlawful is clear and between the two of them are doubtful [or ambiguous] matters about which not many people are knowledgeable. Thus, he who avoids these doubtful matters certainly clears himself in regard to his religion and his honor.

Personally...

I was at Euston station 2 days ago and I was getting hungry so I bought a sandwich. Later, I saw that there was a NANDOS outside and I could have eaten if I was desperate enough. If there was a (Halal) KFC, I wouldn’t eat unless the desperation levels were way way way way higher. I dislike KFC, MacDonald’s etc principally so once or twice I may have eaten but as a general rule I don’t. I of course respect  brothers like AsSaghir and others whose sole concern is Halal vs Haram but I guess I don’t have that level of knowledge or Taqwa.

In my personal opinion, the little I can do for Palestine is not to contribute financially to the Capitalistic system which underpins it. It is my personal choice as to how I spend my money and I am neither trying to convince anyone nor advocating my line of thinking. Everybody here is an adult and can do whatever they like with their money.  In my head, what money does is more important than marches and protests. I am also not saying NANDOS is innocent but as a business they are " financially cleaner", relative to KFC

I learnt from Mufti Hussain Kadodia (on SF) years ago that the matter is not as clear cut as laymen think (in their head). Imagine that NANDOs stop serving Alcohol at a few select restaurants and Mufti Yusuf Sacha inspects and certifies the restaurant (the source is Halal remember), there will be Muslims who will blame him for making Haram into Halal so I guess he cannot win (and neither does he care to be honest)

All of this is my personal opinion...

No post ratings
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#85 [Permalink] Posted on 26th July 2017 11:51
Source is banned on MS, so info only.

After reading a more taqwafied persons response :p I will refrain from eating from Non-Muslim managed KFC's :) as at least they can be more trusted in regards to mixed supplies.

If I got that wrong, please correct me.

The Mirror wrote:
KFC branch served non-Halal meat as Halal after running out of supplies
The firm has apologised after suspending three members of staff following the incident

11 SEP 2015

A KFC branch has suspended three members of staff amid claims they sold non-halal meat as halal.

An investigation was launched by the fast food chain after reports its Edge Lane outlet served customers with non-halal chicken one evening during August bank holiday weekend.

(Branch: The restaurant is on Edge Lane in Liverpool)

The company today issued an apology over the incident.

Russel Smith, Chief Operations Officer at KFC said: “As soon as the issue came to our attention we launched an immediate investigation resulting in the suspension of a number of employees.

“This is a breach of our robust policy and procedures, it should not have happened, and I’d like to personally apologise on behalf of the business to customers of the Edge Lane store. While the investigation is ongoing, we’d like to assure customers that the store is now serving 100% halal chicken.”

The Edge Lane restaurant is the only halal KFC in Liverpool and one of several designated halal branches around the UK which serve meat killed according to Islamic requirements.

A source told the Liverpool Echo: “It’s morally wrong and horrible.

“It happened over the weekend when the Liverpool International Music Festival was on. They ran out of halal products because it was so busy.”

The ECHO has been told staff at the store obtained non-halal chicken from a nearby KFC store and sold it to customers at the Edge Lane outlet as halal.

It is understood KFC’s popular Popcorn Chicken was sold to members of the public as halal when it wasn’t.

The source said non-halal and halal products were also stored together, which is against strict rules.

The ECHO was also told by the source: “The main reason that’s the halal store is because it’s near Wavertree and Toxteth where a lot of the population is Muslim.

“I’d say about 80% of those who use the Edge Lane store are Muslims, the nearest other halal branch is in Manchester.

“These people pay for a product and they expect is to be what it says. It’s not a mistake, these people got the chicken and knew it wasn’t halal.”

This has put me off from eating at any random Halal KFC. If I do, then it will be one run by Muslim's. Is that fair ;)
No post ratings
Rank Image
World Of Allah
Brother
#86 [Permalink] Posted on 26th July 2017 13:00
Looks like Colonel Hardstone would meet with Colonel Sanders when the stomach calls out and Rumbles in the Jungle :)

I wonder if it's really "Finger lickin' good" - oh wait, it's a huge Sunnah to lick the fingers anyway.

I'll find out about my local Sander's and it's management then try the Dirty Louisiana.

+1 -0Creative x 1
Rank Image
Spinistan Throne
Brother
#87 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd August 2017 15:42
So I walked passed my local HALAL KFC and felt like having a lovely Burger, finally.

You know what I did?

I took the good advice of my dear brother in Islam, Muadh and decided that "I dislike KFC, McDonald’s etc principally so once or twice I may eat there in case of lack of options, but as a general rule I won’t.

Funny how you press for answers and then once they come, you feel content and let the whole issue go away. At least deep down I know what my position is.

Jzk to WU and Muadh.
No post ratings
#88 [Permalink] Posted on 16th September 2017 12:27
I am still confuse to as is KFC halal and we can eat their or not.
Also so Nandos is halal but issue is they sell Alcohol?

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#89 [Permalink] Posted on 16th September 2017 13:20
Guest-7924 wrote:
View original post

I hope this helps :/
WifaqulUlama wrote:
View original post

Chickens supplied to the halal branches of KFC and Nando's is Halal (stunned), what happens after it is supplied to them or what happens when they run out of stock is unknown as shown above.

If you really have no choice, then inquire if the management and staff are Muslim and that they can vouch for it's halalness, and Allah knows best.
No post ratings
#90 [Permalink] Posted on 20th September 2017 15:35
Jzk. This atleast put it in clear.
No post ratings

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What is the word in red?