Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

KFC Update 2015

Jump to page:

You have contributed 25.2% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Taalibah, abu mohammed
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 1st May 2016 20:34
Any definitive answers for the UK Muslim's.

Someone just bought a KFC bucket to my house for us to eat.....what to do man?

Why can't SANHA reply.

Please wifaqul ulama, pressure them for a reply.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 1st May 2016 20:35
For now the food will have to go I'm afraid
No post ratings
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 16th August 2016 18:50
SANHA Not trustworthy?

what's going on man?

are sanha a reliable source? if they are, have they vouched for hfa or not?

if they have, the least the ulemah can do is tell us.

has sanha okayed hfa or not?

why haven't sanha replied to the tweet and why can't wuuk ask again, it's not that difficult is it. or is everyone scared of being torn to chicken shreds by "you know who"

No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#34 [Permalink] Posted on 16th August 2016 19:16
Anonymous wrote:
View original post

Let try to get your logic!

A claims B
C tries to do you a favour by double checking with A
C is not particularly bothered about the issue, you are
A doesnt respond for whatever reason

You are concerned so take the worst of the opinion of A and Blame C for not following up.

Does this about sum you up?
Posted via the Muftisays Android App
No post ratings
#35 [Permalink] Posted on 16th August 2016 19:47
C are innocently helping to guide us to a better understanding, who allegedly is not particularly bothered about the issue (I could take the wrong meaning of that)

D is creating more confusion and adding to the already misleading incomplete information about hfa.

All I wanna know is, have sanha vouched for hfa, how can that be so difficult in the world of ulemah?

This is not if kfc is halal or haram, but about hfas claim of sanha.

After that is clear, it's up to the individual if they wanna eat kfc or not.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#36 [Permalink] Posted on 16th August 2016 20:01

Anonymous wrote:
View original post

If it is discovered that SANHA has indeed certified HFA would you consume the Chicken? Simple Yes or No answer..

I am not concerned about a random individual, I am asking you.

No post ratings
#37 [Permalink] Posted on 16th August 2016 20:18
If sanha approved of hfa, so what? As long as you follow a reliable group of ulama which sanha are then you may follow and trust them. Too much double standards nowadays. We defend ulama only when they give ruling according to what we prefer. But when some ulama give ruling against our preference suddenly we all become mujtahids! We're not obliged to determine which group of ulama are right or wrong because that's not in our capacity. Don't be a salafi. Just do taqleed of a reliable group of ulama in any issue and your deen will be so much simpler. Idiots who create unnecessary controversy on mechanical slaughter, moonsighting, photos, etc and other issues where ulama differ on both sides, only create disunity in ummah.
No post ratings
#38 [Permalink] Posted on 16th August 2016 20:20
I see you use the app, do you trust it? do you use the food guide part of it? it's based on the findings and work of sanha together with gmwa.

I trust both and leave the rest to Allah.

so to answer your simple question with a simple answer, YES, if sanha have vouched that the new methods applied by hfa are sound and according to shariah, then yes I would consume hfa just like I do hmc or other chicks like freemans.

Is hfas claim about sanha true or not.
No post ratings
#39 [Permalink] Posted on 19th August 2016 17:45
There's not much that HFA have changed in terms of what they regard to be necessary requirements for Halal. HFA have always had approval and endorsement of qualified scholars and organisations. Now that a deobandi group has also endorsed HFA the meat certified by them should become suddenly halal for many deobandis too. Even meat has become sectarian. Differences of all qualified and recognized scholars should be respected not just the ones you take a liking to. It's taken time but deobandis are finally respecting opinions which were adopted by other non-deobandi ulama many years ago. There are other examples of opinions of non-deobandi scholars which deobandis used to condemn and display their narrow-mindedness towards, but now have suddenly become perfectly fine with it. Better late than never though.
+0 -0Winner x 1Optimistic x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#40 [Permalink] Posted on 19th August 2016 17:47
Quote:
There's not much that HFA have changed in terms of what they regard to be necessary requirements for Halal.

I disagree!

They no longer endorse mechanical slaughter. That's the biggest and most important change they've made.

HFA is now a whole new entity
No post ratings
#41 [Permalink] Posted on 20th August 2016 11:55
Assalamualaykum guys,

I have had a response from SANHA regarding the HFA endorsement. I cant put up links as yet as i am on a guest account and ive been waiting for my newly created to be activated. If you want to see the response, search @mb3571 on twitter (thats my twitter username) and you'll you see the question and answer. One of the registered can put up the link or screenshot here by all means.

Jzk
+0 -0
Rank Image
London
Brother
#42 [Permalink] Posted on 20th August 2016 13:28
Something many of us have been waiting for. A response of some sort.

However, the response is somewhat ambiguous.

I don't use twitter, so I'd appreciate it also if someone can post the actual tweet.
Screenshot_20160820-132514.png
Downloads: 142
    [424.71 kB]
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#43 [Permalink] Posted on 21st August 2016 01:53
I'm sorry for my ignorance, but do SANHA certify the production of genuine Halal food in South Africa like HMC do in the UK?

What is the HFA?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#44 [Permalink] Posted on 21st August 2016 07:52

Anonymous wrote:
View original post

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh

Yes we asked someone in Jamiat who forwarded us to head of SANHA. This query was sent 3-4 times and this time Maulana Muhammad Said Navlakhi Masha'Allah ensured that your query was responded to. This is the best we will get from South Africa

Loading tweet

جزاك اللهُ خيرًا

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#45 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd August 2016 11:14

Muhtaram Muadh Khan,                     

Wa ‘alaykumus-Salaam w.w

Jazakumullah Khairanfor your email correspondence and for the opportunity to be of service to you. We advise as follows:

The statement on their website is an exaggeration. Whilst the HFA is known to us and SANHA does interact with them on various platforms, we cannot offer unconditional  recognition and endorsement of their certification systems and protocols.

We apologise for the belated response. Kindly note all future queries should only be sent to the address below to facilitate a timeous response:

helpline@sanha.org.za

+1 -0

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What part of the day is the background image (it's not day)?