Asslamo Allaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,
Just returned from Jerusalem after visiting Masjid Aqsa and other Holy sites. I had researched many sites, books, blogs and articles and found a serious lack of information for Muslims so:
- I decided to go alone (not recommended at all, very bad idea)
- I decided to go to Tel-Aviv instead of usual route of Jordan
- I decided to visit as many sites (Christianity, Judaism) as possible
- I visited Palestinian cities which many Muslims don't visit
- I drove around Israeli settlements, got stopped, interrogated multiple times, body searched, scanned, ran over Isareli checkpoint
Complete and deetailed writeup to follow to assist other Muslims visiting Masjid Aqsa Shareef and get the ground reality from an Islamic perspective.
New found respect for South African Brothers. Palestinians are very familiar with South Africans who interact directly with Muslims helping them with their needs.
Second is British Brothers
Everywhere you go you get mistaken for South African or British!
Repeatedly got told that South Africans and British Muslims.
Special praise from Palestinians for Pakistanees & Turks.
Seriously impressed by South Africans.
One Brother told me that a South African was deported the 3rd time from Tel-Aviv Airport and he was in tears but said that he will keep coming again and again.
A South African Maulana yesterday was massaging the feet of a Palestinian Old man in Masjid Aqsa (saw it with my own eyes). He didn't want to talk to me but I kind of forced him to reveal his Nationality.