Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Musharraf: Death penalty for ex-Pakistan president thrown out

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 13th January 2020 14:16

13JAN2020: Musharraf: Death penalty for ex-Pakistan president thrown out

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-51093842

As stated by me that his death penalty did not stand up when viewed in the light of Pakistani Constitution and as widely expected, it is thrown out.

As a result of this verdict, it will be difficult to try him again

Clarification about Parvaiz Musharaf

I feel that I need to reiterate my point of view to avoid confusion and suspicion as per the Sunnah of Nabi (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam). 

1. I dislike Parvaiz Musharraf
  2. I disagree with his actions (before, during and since) his Martial Law

I am merely arguing that the judgement (and desecration of corpse) of 3-Panel Judges is inconsistent with Pakistani constitution and legal precedence. I am also arguing that as violations of Pakistani constitution were done by others (before Musharraf) and I am quoting Ziaul-Haq is a common and similar (not the same) example although there are others.

I am also making the point that "Deobandees" backed Musharraf and played a role in extending and legitimising his (illegitimate and unconstitutional rule. The reason for including is that if Musharraf acted in an unconstitutional manner then everyone (including the "Deobandees") should be investigated, the enablers as per the Pakistani constitution and legal precedence also need to be investiagted.

If you change the premise and look at this judgement from Qur'aan and Sunnah then it is a different discussion and may lead to entirely different conclusions but the 3-Panel Judges did not base their judgement upon Qur'aan and Sunnah

P.S: This was lost in the rants and personal attacks by others on me.

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings