Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Mufti-e-Azam Pakistan Mufti Rafi Usmani (HA) on being Deobandi!

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
abu mohammed
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2019 12:48

Part 1:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku3KcJfjQXk

Part 2:

Deoband is NOT an idol which we worship but we honour the Ulama due to their love and adherence to the Sunnah.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuNzgi0bSrU

What I say might sound strange to you, although it is not strange at all. Considering the (sectarian) circumstances of today, it will sound strange to you.

I am from Deoband. My father (Mufit-e-Azam) of Pakistan was from Deoband. My grandfather (RA) was the same age as Darul-uloom Deoband (i.e. he was born in the same era when DU Deoband was founded). He was an important Mureed of Hazrat (Mufti) Rasheed Ahmed Gangohi (RA), his name was Maulana Yaseen (RA). His ancestors were also from Deoband.

Thus, if I add “Deobandi” to my name due to my ancestral home and lineage it would not have been a matter of dispute. Therefore, after arriving in Pakistan I used to write my name as “Muhammad Rafi Deobandi”, it was the time of my youth and I even had a letterhead printed (with his title and name).

Perhaps my father never noticed it or thought that this was the time of my youth so he never chastised me about it.

Then, came the time of my (starting of teaching) at DU Karachi. From day one, my father (RA) instructed me to remove the title “Deobandi” from my name because this title of “Deobandi” has the stench of sectarianism!

Part 3:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrZUlJGhloc

Part 4:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NoxQgPlr-w

Part 5:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGJLYT-6Zag

Challenge to any “Deobandi”!

Please translate this talk into English in FULL.

Ulama from Sunniforum also refused to do so and kept on changing subjects and banning people instead of translating this!

1. EITHER you are a Deobandi!
  2. OR Mufti-e-Azam of Pakistan is a “Deobandi”

Who is right?

report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2019 12:56

Bigoted, Sectarian, Hanafees!

www.central-mosque.com/index.php/Acts-of-Worship/hanafi-a...

Q: Is it permissible for a follower of the Hanafi Madhab to follow a Shaf’ae, Maliki or Hanbali (Imam)?

The Salah of a Hanafi is perfectly valid behind a Shaf’ae, Maliki or Hanbali. It is because principally there is no division between the four (4) Madhabs and this injunction (of praying behind each other) is clearly elucidated in books of Ahadeeth and Fiqh. However, in our times some Ulama from Transoxiana have spoken (against this following) due to their lack of knowledge and bigotry. Their talk is worthy of refutation and it is not acceptable AT ALL and it is their Ijtehaad. In Makkah Mukarramah (today) this method of following each other is established that these (followers) pray behind each other. If this was not the injunction then what would be the difference between followers of Madhabs of Ahlus-Sunnah and heretical sects? Ahlus-Sunnah and those of knowledge amongst the Fuqaha regard that Haqq (truth) is in all four (4) Madhabs and this principle should be studied in authentic books so contentment of the heart is reached (on the issue) [Fataw-e-Azizi].

Enough of sectarian poison, hatred and division in the Ummah of Nabi (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam)!

+2 -0Like x 1Agree x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2019 13:00
Assalamu alaikum

I've not listened to the talk yet but I call myself Deobandi to distinguish myself from Barelvi and other deviant aqaid, and to make clear that I follow that interpretation of deen which is done by Ulama-e-Deoband.

I don't think there's anything wrong with that.
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2019 13:02
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Then which Deobandi? :)
+0 -0Old x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2019 13:03
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Elaborate more please. What do you want to ask?
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2019 13:05

bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

You must know better than someone who is FROM Deoband and two successive Mufti-e-Azams of Pakistan so it is a democracy Sister you can do as you please.

www.central-mosque.com/index.php/Islam/who-am-i.html

We are happy with what Allah Ta'ala calls us.

bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Hayati or Mamati?

+0 -1Dislike x 1Old x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2019 13:09
Quote:
We are happy with what Allah Ta'ala calls us.

Does Allah ta'ala call you Hanafi?

Quote:
Hayati or Mamati?

I believe Nabi صلى الله عليه وسلم is alive in his grave.
+2 -0Winner x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2019 13:09
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Quote:
Then, came the time of my (starting of teaching) at DU Karachi. From day one, my father (RA) instructed me to remove the title “Deobandi” from my name because this title of “Deobandi” has the stench of sectarianism!

Today we have Deobandi Vs Deobandi debates :(
We have Tablighi Vs Tablighi Debates :(
We have Sufi's Vs Sufi's Debates :(
We have Tasawwuf Vs Tasawwuf Debates :(
We have Halal Vs Halal Debates :(
We have Hilal Vs Hilal Debates :(

Yet all under the umbrella of Deoband, hence my question :) (which doesn't need to be answered)
+1 -0Creative x 1Old x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2019 13:14
abu mohammed wrote:
View original post

Quote:
this title of “Deobandi” has the stench of sectarianism!

Ok then let's end this sectarianism and become Salafi. Let us remove all labels and from now on we all will call ourselves Muhammadi. Agree?
+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2019 13:14

bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

I am deliberately sidestepping your question because humour, sarcasm, banter, out of context responses are all obviously all lost on you so no point in replying...

As I said, we live in a Democracy so you can call yourself whatever you wish. You asked a question about “kinds of Deobandi” and the response was about “kinds of Deobandi”, I don’t really care whatever you believe in. Just showing you that there are “kinds of Deobandees” if you get what I mean?

I am sure that there are “Corn Flakes Deobandees” or “Crunchy Nut Deobandees” or “Fruit of Loom Deobandees” etc, etc. etc.

The entire Ummah of Nabi (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam) INCLUDING Salafees and Mamatees believe that (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam) is ALIVE in his grave! I do not know anyone who denies it in our times...

Question: Please quote me a group or a scholar who denies this Aqeedah?

bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Tell that to Mufti Rafi Usmani (HA)! Those are his words. You speak Urdu and English so feel free to check and amend the translation..

Enlighten him, please go ahead...

P.S: "Salafi" is a title! :lol

bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Your problem and not mine. You wish to enlighten him and not me, I am happy with what he is saying...No issues.

P.S: She has a problem with Mufti Rafi Usmani (HA) but I should arrange a meeting, ok...:lol

Trump follower, Masha'Allah...

www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/02/17/trump_to_repor...

bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Then both you and your companions need to be humble, admit that you don’t have the full picture and STOP issuing authoritative statements about matters which you have no knowledge of. At the very least, stop disagreeing with others when you don’t have any knowledge on a topic.

As I said, we live in a democracy call yourself XYZ if you want just STOP imposing your views on others without any knowledge.

bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

We did not know that, Thanks for enlightening us! You mean Imam Abu Haneefa (RA) and his Madhab came after the revelation of the Qur’aan.

Wow! What a “revelation”…We truly feel blessed and enlightened :P

bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

We live in a democracy so keep going...

bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Because Allah Ta'ala calls you M-U-S-L-I-M

Although, everyone keeps accusing me of all sort of issues but I do try to explain the matter to the best of my ability.

We live in a democracy so you can IGNORE everything below as it is simply my opinion.

We are MUSLIMS and this is the title which Allah Ta’ala, Nabi (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam) and Sahaba-e-Kiraam (RA) adopted.

One of the very first Fitnah in this Ummah was Musalimmah and then Fitnahs came thick and fast.

So some people started calling themselves Sunni vs Rawafidh or Shias (as they call themselves) vs Sunni

Then that got all sorts of heretics so people started calling themselves, Sunni-Ash’ari vs Muatzili etc

Then schools of thoughts came in and some starting call themselves Ahnaaf etc

NONE OF THESE ARE OFFICIALLY SANCTIONED SECTS OF ISLAM!

Barelwee vs Deobandi divide is not from Salaf it is from 1866…NONE OF THOSE who established Deoband actually officially called

themselves Deobandees.

Then Deobandees split and it became “Hayati vs Mamati Deobandi”…Then in terms of functions it became Tableeghi vs Jihadi vsSufi Deobandi

The point is that when you deviate from SUNNAH and call yourself XYZ you will further split and become XYZ1 and XYZ2 and then you will become XYZ1A and XYZ2A…

Those who are singing the songs of Deobandees are further split and will STILL further split because they are going away from Allah Ta’ala has commanded you to do.

Those born and raised to think in terms of (sectarian) logic., CANNOT grasp this simple reality because their world revolves around a sectarian identity.

“Salafi” is an identity never used in this Ummah.

“Muhammadi” is an identity never used in this Ummah but given by the British.

The British also coined the terms “Muhammadan, Mosalman and Wahabi”

All of the above are deliberately and tactfully invented by enemies of Islam because they want to splinter and splinter and splinter….

There is no evidence of even calling yourself “Hanafi” let alone “Hanafi-Barelwee” or “Hanafi-Deobandi”…Its just MORONIC!

+5 -0Like x 1Creative x 1Old x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2019 13:20
Quote:
Tell that to Mufti Rafi Usmani (HA)! Those are his words. You speak Urdu and English so feel free to check and amend the translation..

Enlighten him, please go ahead...

Arrange a meeting please.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2019 13:21
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

What kind of Salafi?
Today we have Salafi Vs Salafi debates :(
We have Ahle Hadith Vs Ahle Hadith Debates :(
We have Athari's Vs Athari's Debates :(
We have Albani Vs Albani Debates :(
We have Wahabi Vs Wahabi Debates :(
We have Ikhwaani Vs Ikhwaani Debates :(
We have Halal Vs Halal Debates :(
We have Hilal Vs Hilal Debates :(

What kind of Muhammadi?
I won't repeat :)

Why can't we just be Muslim (leave the labels for internal recognition)

Quote:
Does Allah ta'ala call you Hanafi?

Allah tells us in the Quran to be Hanifa (3:95)
:)
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2019 13:23
Quote:
The entire Ummah of Nabi (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam) INCLUDING Salafees and Mamatees believe that (Sallallaho Alaihe Wassallam) is ALIVE in his grave! I do not know anyone who denies it in our times...

Question: Please quote me a group or a scholar who denies this Aqeedah?

I don't really know the difference between Hayati and Mamati that's why I wrote what I believe in.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2019 13:27
Quote:
Allah tells us in the Quran to be Hanifa (3:95)
:)

Deen-e-Haneef ≠ Fiqh of Abu Hanifa RA
+4 -0Like x 1Agree x 1Creative x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2019 13:30
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

Yes sister, I know :) MashaAllah