Top Members

praying behind someone who does masah over socks

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 9th November 2018 15:27
salaam

another dreaded masah of socks thread. at work and i guess probably same happens at unis and colleges there is no appointed imam and thus anyone can lead salah. however some of the people who lead do masah ( i have witnessed it during wudu) or openly say they believe it. what is the ruling on praying behind them if you walk into pray salah and they are leading jamaat?

a friend of mine asked a well known UK scholar who is well followed even by muftisays and members me included who said unless you personally see it for that salah you can pray behind them, is this the common and accepted opinion? i find it a little awkward. if every time i ever seen someone do wudu they do masah and they openly say they hold opinion its allowed over cotton socks then why would i assume for a random salah they wouldnt have done it this time? so to date i end up repeating my salah when in this situation however if the opinion i mentioned above is correct and widely accepted i guess i will follow it
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 9th November 2018 15:47
Please post questions such as the ones posed in this topic to the Ulamaa. Or click here for a vast library on islamqa.org. Alternatively, you can get support locating available answers online in the Q&A Support section of this form here

Plenty of topics available on this forum
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings