bint e aisha, Maripat, Eliza Zegham, sipraomer, Taalibah, abuzayd2k
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2018 10:55
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

salaam

i am making dua and hoping for good things for pakistan now that imran khan is running things. but at the same time i dont want to give imran a free pass like many muslims did with obama. im sure you remember how even our members on muftisays reacted when obama was voted in. now looking at hindsight it seems obama was just as bad as everyone else. so i dont want to get my guard down when it comes to imran and i will scrutinise him with a magnifying glass so i dont get caught unaware like many muslims did with obama.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2018 10:59
if imran manages to make some big and lasting changes in pakistan then i would even consider moving there. i am fortunate that my father in law has an empty house in islamabad so accommodation is not a problem. i could probably still work for uk companies over the internet so work shouldnt be a problem. only issue is safety and security from corruption in pak. if imran can sort that out then its all good inshallah.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2018 11:01
my father has a house in india as well, but i dont care one bit about india. i would never consider moving there. for the purpose of indo/pak i consider myself a pakistani!
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#34 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2018 11:10
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

His inclination towards din was pretty obvious even before he married the present wife,it might be the ‘result’ of his dini interests rather than a ‘cause’ for it.

Tasawwuf always has had two sides to it,one is the practical application of sharia to one,s life and seeking closeness to ALLAH swt with all of one,s body,mind and soul according to the principles laid down by Quran and Sunna.The other aspect of tasawwuf is the ‘mystic’ component of it,usually more popular amongst the elite class. The third,relatively recent face of tasawwuf (which is becoming increasingly popular amongst the intelligentsia) is the ‘intellectual’ aspect of it,which is usually introduced as the ‘humanitarian values’ taught by Sufi’s irrespective of religion,caste,creed and social status,basically a very liberal type of structure based more on service to ALL HUMAN BEINGS.....

Unfortunately the politicians and those in power falls for the second type of it.It has always been like this... king Akbar was so fond of visiting the mazar of Shaikh Ajmeri ra that he used to cover a long distance by foot to visit the shrine.It obviously satisfies their psychological/spiritual thirst as well as their political needs.I am not calling them FAKE,they must be sincere in what they are doing,only that it looks like a very superficial display of religiosity...even if they mean it !

Zardari too have a PIR who guides him through tough times,same was Benazir Bhutto..and many others.

Had our Uluma tried to guide Imran khan,I am sure they would have been welcomed. Despite all his achievements Imran khan is a simple minded man and prone to be influenced.His ‘simple mindedness ‘ coupled with his ‘single mindedness’ is his greatest strength as well as his greatest weakness.His intellectual capacities are limited.Unfortunately our Deobandi Uluma took him as an enemy from the word go when he married Jamaima,and never looked back.....
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#35 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2018 17:48
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

wasalam

it wasnt directed at you bro and yes i remember how happy many muslims were about obama and thought he was islams saviour but my motto has always been ' no kaafir will ever sort our mess for us' even corbyn who i like will only do so much but unless muslims, scholars, leaders do what they gotta do we will always be lowest in the pile.

as for IK it depends what expectations you have. all i want and expect from him is to make Pak less corrupt, less poverty and less of amerikkkas dog. but im not expecting him to make it darul islaam/tawheed rivalling the state left by abu bakr umar usman and ali رضي الله عنه.

also he is a minority govt so a lot of his policies would prob be blocked. lets just give guy at least 100 days rather evryday having this IK watch.

just like you if he does sort pak out enough that you can live peacefully without backhanders and corruption i would consider going there too.
No post ratings
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#36 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2018 17:50
ALIF wrote:
View original post

Academics can't cure the disease of the soul. They are too fond of books and dalail. Only true Aulia can educate about deen with love, sincerity and kindness. It is one thing to be right but totally a different thing to make things right. I love this thing about true tablighis that they are very gentle and tactful in educating and promoting the deen of Allah.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
MARS
Brother
#37 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2018 17:54
Imran Khan's wife can be many things but at least she is better than "Azan Bajj Raha hai" "The Azan is being sung" types. Her veil will have a positive impact on the women of our nation.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#38 [Permalink] Posted on 26th August 2018 18:06
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

i would be happy if he just makes pakistan a relatively easy place to live, as you said, without corruption, backhanders, and with relative safety and security. if he manages that then i would probably move there, inshallah.
+0 -0Ameen x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#39 [Permalink] Posted on 27th August 2018 07:46
bint e aisha wrote:
View original post

They do describe him as a good person. Imran khan preferred a veiled woman, he must have a reason behind it.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#40 [Permalink] Posted on 27th August 2018 12:20
Just saw a video in which Imran Khan said that US will have to stop taking Pakistan as a client state and be a friend.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#41 [Permalink] Posted on 27th August 2018 12:23
Eliza Zegham wrote:
View original post

Jemima does but not reham
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#42 [Permalink] Posted on 27th August 2018 12:28
There are rumours that Imran Khan

1) Uses helicopter to travel between PM House and Bani Gala

2) Holding meetings in PM house & not military secretary's place as he promised

3) Threw a lavish dinner for parliamentarians
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#43 [Permalink] Posted on 27th August 2018 14:06
Rajab wrote:
View original post

this proves my point exactly. this obession over evry single thing he does is becoming silly. first off all its a rumour and even if its true so what? why are you expecting him to be like umar رضي الله عنه? you honestly think he will go around dressed in torn patched clothes? sleep on pavements in islamabad? break all international protocols? whip all his govoners if they show any inclination towards dunya? if so sorry to say but youre in for a disappointment. reduce your expectations and you wont be disappointed. he wont be turning pak to an islamic state, he wont have evry person performing salah hajj zakat siyaam purdah jihad. he wont implement hudood, he wont slap trump may putin xi.

seriosuly i sometimes think we should stop teachin about how great our predecessors and sahabah were as people some how think and expect us to equal or surpass them. as long as he does a better job than the others and makes pak even 1% more better than its been last 70yrs thats a success.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#44 [Permalink] Posted on 27th August 2018 22:30
mkdon101 wrote:
View original post

Because according to Imran Khan, he was not going to use more than two cars for traveling and no protocol, now he is using helicopters from PM house to Banigalla.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#45 [Permalink] Posted on 27th August 2018 22:34
PTI MNA defends PM Imran Khan’s use of helicopter

ISLAMABAD: PTI MNA Ali Muhammad Khan has defended Prime Minister Imran Khan’s use of helicopter for traveling from Prime Minister House to his Bani Gala residence in Islamabad.

The use of helicopter by the prime minister to travel from his office to Bani Gala and vice versa was first brought into light by senior journalist Saleem Safi in his weekly column for Daily Jang.

The column triggered a heated debate on social media about Prime Minister Khan’s claims of taking austerity measures and living a simple life.

Many questioned the contradictions in Premier Khan’s words and deeds while others started hurling abuse at the columnist.

Saleem Safi, however, maintained he stood by every word of his column.

The PTI MNA took to Twitter on Sunday to confirm and justify the use of chopper, saying it was cheaper to travel by air.

The use of helicopter is safe and doesn't cause the traffic blockage on the roads, the MNA said.

"Those unduly criticising PM @ImranKhanPTI for the use of Helicopter from PMhouse2Banygala must know that (1) Using Heli for 3min Fly is more CHEAPERfuel consumption wise considering at least 5to7 vehicles of necessary Security to be used instead 2) More SAFE and 3). No Traffic BLOCKAGE,” he tweeted.

www.thenews.com.pk/latest/359760-pti-mna-defends-pm-imran...
No post ratings

Jump to page: