Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

UCC: Assault on Indian Muslims

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 18th October 2016 14:10

History 1937-1973:

The British for the most part left minorities alone to manage their own religious wars. Muslims (for political gain) were also granted concession by the British to manage their own religious affairs and provided certain exceptions from Indian Civil Laws.

The British exemptions were codified and accepted in Indian law in 1973 as All India Muslim Personal Law Board

Pre-History (India):

Mughals of India NEVER enforced a religious code upon the population of India and minorities were always free to practise their own religious and turn to their religious authorities for religious judgements.

The “Indian Media” has conveniently forgotten this and turned All India Muslim Personal Law Board into a Muslim exemption granted by the British to a minority group in India.

Triple Talaq (Issue):

Hindutva (Right Wing Hindus) have always attacked All India Muslim Personal Law Board although other minorities in India have similar exemptions in place.

In order to make it a National headline issue, you need a singular rallying cry for Nationalists, Secularists and Human Rights Campaigners to join the platform and turn the heat on the Muslims.

The singular issue is “Triple Talaq. Indian Media has ratcheted the tempo on the fact that a Muslim man can utter 3 words and toss a Muslim woman out forever with no recourse and no turning back.

For decades the Ahl-e-Hadeeth and Deobandees have turned this (social issue) into Munazras where you can watch pot-shot sessions of (debate) participants in both Pakistan and India. Few of the Ulama have ever looked at the social (impact and consequences) of (Talaq) be it one Talaq or triple Talaq.

I am reading much of the petitions and Bayans coming from Indian Ulama and they are still formulating the discussion as a “Fiqh issue” or a “theological issue” while the rest of Indians (public and media) see this as a Social matter.

The Indian Media has successfully turned an issue of Shariah into an issue of exploitation and social decay.

Indian (Muslims) have already lost the populist battle on the issue of “Triple Talaq”. But they (Indian Muslims) feel (rightly so) that the issue of Triple Talaq is just a precursor of attack on Sunnah way of life.

They are absolutely right! The target is Sunnah and Shariah and the (Islamic) way of life.

I would love to know the thoughts of Indian Muslims on the problem and the solution.

Jazakallahu Khayran

Pakistani Halala (Issue):

It is just a matter of time before Pakistani Media investigates and unearths the massive scam in Pakistan in the name of “Halala” and Secularists, Human Right Activists and others join the Media on an attack on Islam.

This disgusting practise is openly carried out in Islamic Institutions across Pakistan in the name of “Islamic Shariah” with flimsy excuses and the Munazras discuss the Fiqh (and theological) aspects but not the SOCIAL IMPACT!

report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 18th October 2016 14:17
The take of Indian (Muslims) in the Media and Intellectuals is entirely different to those of Ulama. The Media and Intellectual (Indian) Muslims seem to be looking at this issue as a Social matter rather then theology.

As per my humble observations on Social Media.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 19th October 2016 04:45
(1) Aligarh Muslim University
(2) Muslim Personal Law/Universal Civil Code
(3) Babri Masjid
(4) Urdu Language
(5) Waqf Property
(6) Communal Riots

Thesse have been very contentious issues for Muslims in independent India.
While the residual crusading spirit of the western world has done enormous damage to Muslim world at the global level in India it is the heart ache of a millennium long Muslim rule that has put Muslims in India at the receiving end of the ire of the majority community.

There are only two dynamical entities that can or that should take on these challenges facing Muslim Ummah in Idia.
The theological establishment of Muslims in India and the other is the secular intelligentsia.
The former is simply incapable in secular matters while the latter simply lacks both the courage as well as the clarity of thought. They, the secular brand, are confused. In their stupidity the secular intelligentsia has turned on the religious contingent in their diagnosis of the ailments of Muslim Ummah in India.

For me it has been heart breaking that first the Sunni forum was allowed to die a natural death and now even MS is all but defunct. Who will solve our problems if we do not do something ourselves.

I am on Facebook and I have written as many posts there as I did on SF or MS. And my friends there on FB are from all spectra of Indian life. Yet I can not speak on Tripple Talaq because it will simply bring my friendship from the majority community to zero. If the secular intelligentsia was any wiser I would have counted on their support and would have shot down each and every argument put forward against Islam and Muslims. If I take on the majority community on my own then I shall be cast as afundamentalist at the first opportunity and dumped immediattely. I feel let down by both streams of Muslims.

It is true that sacrifices have to be made in the straight path and the fisrt sacrifice has to be of your reputation. I can put that on line but then I shall become simply a lone voice in wilderness. I certainly feel terribly alone.

But please do not allow my personal disgust to dull your enthusiasm. My feeling is that we are at a turning point though I do not know how the turn, Lord Most High willing, will come.
+3 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 25th October 2016 21:20
No post ratings