Create an account
Most Reputable Members

Hay fever in Ramadhan

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Topic Appreciation
Appreciate
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2017 19:27

May be a little late this year as Ramadhan is almost over. But every year there are discussions on diabetes and fasting etc but not much about hay fever.

Alhumdulillah, I don't suffer from this but I understand that it could happen to anyone from any age onwards.

For example, my wife who hails from Pakistan, never suffered anything of the sort before, and even after living here for so many years, she never had hay fever, until one summer when it hit her hard. Now every year, she has to put up with it.

The same happened to my cousin who was born here in the UK, all of a sudden, one day he started sneezing and his hay fever become worse year by year. And now, all of a sudden, he doesn't have any symptoms of hay fever, Alhumdulillah.

I've noticed lots of Muslim's not being able to fast due to hay fever as the constant sneezing dries the throat out and makes one very thirsty.

Personally I would suggest local honey from a farmers market and the one a day pills. Take the pills at night and sleep through the drowsiness. And with regards to the nasal spray, find out more about it and how it works and consult your Ulama and Doctor's.

report post quote code quick quote reply
Site Support
Please DONATE generously towards Muftisays

We spend hundreds of hours ensuring you receive a quality service from this site. We do not fall into the advertisement schemes as all the ads contain elements of Haraam including Haraam Islamic links. Please consider setting up a £1 monthly donation. May Allah (swt) reward you.

abu mohammed
Rank Image
Longevity:
28%
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 18th June 2017 19:29
Hanafi Fiqh > Askimam.org

Question
I suffer from severe hay-fever. Out of the month of ramadhaan i use my nasal spray on a regular basis. My hay-fever has been paricularly bad this ramadhaan. Would like to know if its permissable to use my nasal spray while fasting.

Answer
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Assalaamu `alaykum waRahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

If the nasal spray reaches the brain or the stomach, then it will break your fast. You may consult with your doctor to determine whether it reaches there or not.

وما وصل إلى الجوف أو إلى الدماغ من المخارق الأصلية كالأنف والأذن والدبر بأن استعط أو احتقن أو أقطر في أذنه فوصل إلى الجوف أو إلى الدماغ فسد صومه

(بدائع الصنائع، كتاب الصوم، فصل وأما ركنه: 2/93؛ العربي)

قلت ولم يقيدوا الاحتقان والاستعاط والإقطار بالوصول إلى الجوف لظهوره فيها وإلا فلا بد منه حتى لو بقي السعوط في الأنف ولم يصل إلى الرأس لا يفطر

(رد المحتار، كتاب الصوم، باب ما يفسد الصوم وما لا يفسد: 2/402؛ الفكر)

(فتاوى محمودية، كتاب الصوم، باب ما يفسد الصوم وما لا يفسد: 10/139؛ فاروفية)

And Allah knows best

Wassalaamu `alaykum

Ml. Abrar Mirza,
Student Darul Iftaa

Darul Iftaa, Madrassah In’aamiyyah
report post quote code quick quote reply
Like x 1
Back to top Post New Topic Reply

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What shape is the red shape ('round' is not a shape)?