Top Members

Jawshan Kabir? Ornament

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 7th November 2018 16:40
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jawshan_Kabir

3 years ago I visited an Islamic shop where I saw two ornaments which I loved. The ornaments had the Asma ul-Husna (on the gold one) and on the silver one it had other verses on it.

I wanted to buy it but couldn't decide on the colour and waited to confirm with the family.

Anyways, I eventually went back to the Islamic shop to purchase it only to find that it had shutdown :(

I searched online, in-stores etc with no luck.

3 years later I went to see a client who had a silver one on display in his agency. I showed him 2 pictures that I had taken 3 years ago (one in gold and another in silver) and told him that I loved it and would appreciate it if he could tell me where I could buy one from as I really wanted to buy one.

Anyways, after showing interest in the ornaments on display the client asked me a bit about my background - so I explained briefly.

He was in utter shock - for the 20 years that he had known me, he thought I was a Wahabi! He was so delighted that he informed all his staff members that I was from the Ahlus Sunnah wal Jama'ah.

He hugged me, showed me his collection of Islamic treasures - showed me photos of his Museum and also gave me a piece of the curtain from inside the Ka'bah to take home for one day and show it to my family.

Out of shear joy, he gifted me his ornament :)

Of course I happily accepted and put it on my mantle piece at home!

Now I've looked for it online again for a few days and finally found what it actually is as I want to order the gold one (with the 99 names) to make a set.

So that's where I got the name from - Jawshan Kabir. However, others are calling it The Ottoman Armour whilst others call it Salahuddin Ayyubi's armour.

I can't find much on it except that it looks like it all comes from Turkey and any details seem to be from the Shia.

Anyone heard of this?
Can I keep it (with the no other intention other than the fact that it's an ornament)?

Seen here on sale picclick.co.uk/Islamic-Eid-Ottoman-99-Names-of-Allah-Scul...

Also on eBay for half that price.

After mentioning it to my employer, he told me that they were Habbashi followers from the Middle East :( That's another thread for another day!
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 7th November 2018 17:28
Here's one source of information NOT from the Shia

islamqa.info/en/answers/105378/hirz-al-jawshan

Question
We are sending with this message a copy of Hirz al-Jawshan and we would like you to give us your opinion on a number of points, namely:
1. Are there any real sources for it in the authentic books?
2. Did the narrators mentioned in this book, namely Ja’far al-Saadiq, Ameer al-Mu’mineen ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib and his son al-Hasan, really narrate these words, or are these words those of someone other than them?
3. What is your opinion on reading it without taking it as an amulet fir protection, such as reading it as du’aa’ only, because of what it contains of the names and attribute of Allaah?
4. Is there any sin on me if I memorise it? Is there any sin on me if I burn it to get rid of it?.

Answer

Praise be to Allaah.
It is not permissible to keep this book which is called Hirz al-Jawshan, or to act upon it, or to believe what it says in it. That is for the following reasons:

Firstly: it has no known chain of narration, and it was not narrated by any of the reliable scholars of hadeeth and it was not attributed to any of them.

Secondly: it contains many lies, such as where it says on page 1: “Whoever reads it and carries it when he goes out of his house at the time of Fajr prayer or the time of ‘Isha’ prayer, it is as if he has done great righteous deeds, and as if he read the Torah and the Gospel and the Psalms and the Holy Qur'aan.” But nothing is equal to the Books of Allaah. Then it says: “and Allaah will give him for every letter that he reads two wives from among the hoor al-‘iyn, and He will build a palace for him in Paradise, and Allaah will give him a reward like that of four of the Prophets (peace be upon them), Ibraaheem, Moosa, ‘Eesa and Muhammad.” This is an obvious lie, for the reward of the Prophets will be attained by no one but them.

On page 2 it says: “Allaah will give him a reward like that of the male and female believers among the jinn and mankind from the day He created them until the Day of Resurrection, and Allaah will give them the reward of 900,000 martyrs.” Then the lies increase in the following pages.

Thirdly: on page 5 it says: “This supplication is beneficial for love and acceptance, tying tongues, meeting rulers and emirs and sultans, and to ward off all weapons of iron and lead, and to meet all needs and so on.”

It appears to be a fabrication of the Shi’ah aimed at diverting people from the Qur'aan and Sunnah.

And Allaah is the source of strength. May Allaah send blessings upon our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions.

Standing Committee for Scientific Research and Issuing Fatwas
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings