Appreciate
The following members appreciate this topic: dr76
muslimman
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 27th July 2017 18:02
Asalamu alaikum all !

There was a Sufi shaykh by the name of Abdul Mabood Jilani , who lived to the age of 163 years ad died in 1985.He is buried in Islamabad, Pakistan.
Shaykh Jilani was the Khalifah of Haji Imdadullah Muhajir Makki(R.A).

My question: Was Shaykh Abdul Mabood Jilani a Deobandi or Barelvi?

Based on what I have researched so far , there are evidences for both cases.
1) Shaykh Abdul Mabood Jilani had a khalifah by the name of Abdul Hameed Hurmazi , who was also the khalifah of Hazrat Thanvi(R.A). This makes it obvious that Abdul Hameed Hurmazi would have been a Deobandi , and I cannot imagine a Deobandi to do Bayat to a Barelvi , so it seems that Shaykh Abdul Mabood would also be a Deobandi.

2) Maulana Ameer Bijligar(R.A) , a famous Deobandi Aalim and Pashtu khateeb , once also mentioned Shaykh Abdul Mabood in his bayan in a positive manner , which again points towards him being a Deobandi.

3) On the contrary; I read this incident which indicates that Shaykh Abdul Mabood might have been a Barelvi.

Hadrat Sheikh Abdul Ma’bood Jilani Makki (radi Allahu anhu) states, “When I visited Bareilly Shareef, A’la Hadrat Azeemul Barakat (radi Allahu anhu) was writ­ing the eleventh stanza of his famous Naaths ‘Wo Kamaal-e-Husne Huzoor he, ke Gumaan Naqs Jahaa Nahi’. As I was from the lineage of Ghaus-e-Azam (radi Allahu anhu) I took this to be a good sign for me.

“While I was in Bareilly Shareef, I became very close to Huzoor Sheikh Hujjatul Islam, Maulana Haamid Raza Qaaderi (radi Allahu anhu) and I had to accept that he was, undoubtedly, a Saahibe Karaamat. The reason I am saying this is because, I left Bareilly Shareef and went to Dehli after sometime. In Dehli, I had taken a place to stay, which was right next to where the Deobandis were having one of their gath­erings. I could thus hear their lectures from my room.

“During a lecture session, one of their Molvis stood up and said the following in his lecture, ‘This Maulana Haamid Raza is not Haamid, but he is Jaabid (dumb). After saying this, all those present witnessed that, that Molvi became dumb and could not speak any­more. A few moments after this, he fell to the ground and died an agonizing death. Those present at the gathering say that when he fell to the ground, he tried to say something but could not talk. He signalled for a pen and paper. Those in the gathering quickly brought him a pen and a paper on which he wrote the following before dying, ‘I repent for my disrespect towards Maulana Haamid Raza Khan.’”

4) I heard that Dr Tahir ul Qadri(Barelvi) was also a mureed of Shaykh Abdul Mabood , another proof of him being a Barelvi.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Site Support
Please DONATE generously towards Muftisays

We spend hundreds of hours ensuring you receive a quality service from this site. We do not fall into the advertisement schemes as all the ads contain elements of Haraam including Haraam Islamic links. Please consider setting up a £1 monthly donation. May Allah (swt) reward you.

ALIF
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 5th August 2017 06:36
With all due respects,sir !

There is no evidence that Shaikh Abdul Hameed Hurmazi ra was a mureed/khalifa of Haji Abdul Mabood ra (In addition to being a khalifa of Shaikh Ashraf Ali Thanvi ra). Can you please give any reference ?

Haji Imdsdullah ra had many Barelvi khulufa so being his khalifa does not automatically mean that a person must be deobandi. Deoband is an ILMI MASLAK,tasawwuf is an additional qualification of some deobandi scholars. Better not mix the two traits.
No post ratings
muslimman
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 6th August 2017 20:11
ALIF wrote:
View original post

1) I have read at different places on the internet that Abdul Hameed Hurmazi was khalifa of both Abdul Mabood Jilani as well as Hazrat Thanvi(R.A) .I have no reason not to believe it unless proven otherwise.

2) I know that Haji Imdadullah had Barelvi khulafa therefore I am not using that as an argument.In fact , the Barelvi maslak developed later on , I would say towards the end of Haji sahab's life so the people he took as khulafa would have adopted the Barelvi maslak after having being granted khilafat.That's how it seems likely in my humble opinion.

3) Do you think Abdul Mabood Jilani was a Barelvi?
No post ratings
ALIF
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 6th August 2017 20:26
muslimman wrote:
View original post

I think Haji Abdul Mabood gilani ra was neither Barelvi nor deobandi. He did not touch upon those issues.

I have had the privilege to know someone who was a khalifa of both Syed Abdul Hameed Hurmazi ra and Haji Abdul Mabood Gilani ra (for almost two decades). He has passed away a few years ago. He used to talk about both the illustrations mashaikh in the most minute details. If that was the case I would have heard it from him. As for as I know Syed Abdul Hameed Hurmazi ra had no other Shaikh except Shaikh Ashraf Ali Thanvi ra.

I am in no way doubting you on the issue but I have a humble request to provide the links of your internet sources.For some reasons of my own, I am interested in both the illustrious mashaikh,it will be a useful addition in my knowledge. It is only a request :)
Like x 2
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 6th August 2017 20:28
Barelvis have a history of fabricating history so i would take point number 3 with a pinch of salt. Unless there is any independent verification as to who the said Maulana was.

For example you will find Barelvis on their forums claiming the first person to come up with the idea of a Pakistan was Ala Hadhrat Ahmed Rada Khan رضي الله عنه When in fact it was Sir Sayyed Ahmed Khan.

They Claim Haji Imdadullah Muhajir Makki (RA) turned his back on the Ulemah of Deoband and rejected and personally denounced them.

and much more. The fact is many ulemah of the past considered themselves neutral in the Deobandi vs Barelvi dispute, although they engaged in similar mystical Sufi practices as Barelvis. For Example Pir Mehr Ali Shah.

In the past there were three groups of Hanafis Deobandi, Barelvi and Neutral and traditional group.
Like x 1
muslimman
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 8th August 2017 19:39
ALIF wrote:
View original post

Sorry brother , I made a mistake.
Hazrat Abdul Hameed Hurmazi was NOT the khalifa of Shaykh Abdul Mabood Jilani.
Rather , there was another Sufi Shaykh Kiyaal(Khyal) Muhammad who was the khalifa of both Abdul Hameed Hurmazi as well as Shaykh Jilani.

This link: www.discussworldissues.com/forums/islam/253560-malfoozat-...
No post ratings
muslimman
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 8th August 2017 20:15
ALIF wrote:
View original post

1-Another question crept into my mind.
I agree that there were some ulama and mashaykh who did not associate with either Deobandi or Barelvi traditions. Are you saying that Shaykh Abdul Mabood was one of them?

2- These ulama and mashaykh who were neutral in the Deobandi-Barelvi split must have had some opinion on the issues that are disputed by the two sects such as Hazir Nazir, Ilm Ghaib etc. I am sure that if such a 'neutral' person held beliefs that were similar to those of the Barelvis , then the ulama e Deoband would distance from him. Are you aware what was the stance of Ulama e Deoband regarding Shaykh Abdul Mabood?
No post ratings
muslimman
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 8th August 2017 20:22
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

Makes sense.
No post ratings
ALIF
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 11th August 2017 14:34
muslimman wrote:
View original post

Yes,khayal Muhammad ra was a khalifa of both and I was referring to him in my post (رحمه الله)

As for the second question what was the opinion of uluma about such issues when there was no deobandi and no Barelvi ? After all both the two are known by these names since slightly more than a century !
Like x 2
ALIF
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 11th August 2017 17:29
Yes,these malfoozat were originally posted by brother London786 on sunniforum.
Like x 2
muslimman
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 11th August 2017 18:48
ALIF wrote:
View original post

I'll be very straightforward here. I am a Deobandi , and I believe that the aqaaid of the Ulama e Deoband have been the aqaaid of the Ahlus Sunnah Wal Jamaat since the beginning. And that the aqaaid of the Barelvis are wrong.
So let me rephrase my question:
Did Shaykh Abdul Mabood have aqaaid similar to Deoband or Barelvi?
What did the Ulama e Deoband think about him?Did they consider him from among the Ahle Haq and Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat?
No post ratings
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 11th August 2017 19:59
muslimman wrote:
View original post

(1) Why is it important?

(2) The only member likely to have knowledge of the above mentioned personality is Mufti Abu Bilal who is based in Pakistan. He has not posted here in a while.

(3) Even those Ulemah who might have believed in Mukhtar e Kull , Noor Bashar, alimul Ghayb, there intrepretation maybe differerent of those beliefs from that of the Barelwis who have taken ultra extreme position on every issue. for example a Alim may believe in Tawassul but his interpretation might be different to Tawassul of the Barelvis. Similarly on all the other issues.

www.google.com/url?q=https://www.muftisays.com/forums/27-...
Like x 2
dr76
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 12th August 2017 11:17
View original post

(salam)

True and the only person i feel having better knowledge of the aforementioned personality is Sir Alif..

duas..

wa Assalam..
No post ratings
muslimman
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 12th August 2017 20:02
View original post

I am just curious, nothing important in that sense really.

No post ratings
muslimman
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 12th August 2017 20:04
dr76 wrote:
View original post

Brother , are you by any chance London786?

And if you have any knowledge on this topic or anything else related, please go ahead and share.
No post ratings
Back to top Post New Topic