You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
Mulla, al-adnan, Ummati0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#301 [Permalink] Posted on 10th July 2018 04:42
I am not a "tableeghi" but I live among them. I used to attend local programs and I have been in jamat and to ijtimas a few times. I can understand where bro. Xs11ax is coming from and agree with most of what he is saying. Ome example: They say "this effort" is for everyone, so i attend their jor like I would attend any other Islamic program. But then they force me to give a time for my four months, even after I keep telling them I don't really plan to go four months in the near future. They insist i give a date and Allah will make it easy. But what if i really don't plan to go?
I understand that for any islamic orginization or effort to function, we need people who have devoted themselves to that particular effort and take the responsibility on their shoulders. But tableeghis feel as if the entire Muslim population must become responsible in this effort. Another point is related to tashkeel. Now I understand tashkeel is for encouraging everyone to spend as much time in the effort as possible. But at that moment we still have to Remeber that Islam consists of more that just this effort. But they seem to forget this and say whatever comes to mind just to get people to give names. Once in my life Mufti Menks's brother, Mol Shabir Menk did the tashkeel. Since he is not a tabelghi he did a fair tashkeel. He told the brothers not to give your names if your are just using jamat as an excuse to get away from family and responsibilities.

On a positive note, three of us once went to ghast to a house in which a muslim woman was married to a non Muslim. The man took shahada and I had to witness the Imam conduct the nikah on the spot. Good memories.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#302 [Permalink] Posted on 10th July 2018 08:01
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

I can understand your feelings. Actually you are ghareeb.

Like me, you prefer individual effort instead of collective effort due to serious imperfections.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#303 [Permalink] Posted on 10th July 2018 14:56
sipraomer wrote:
View original post

Hadhrat Ibn Mas’ood (radhiyallahu anhu) said to ‘Amr ibn Maymoon:

“The jamaa’ah are those who are in accordance with the truth (of the Deen), even if you are on your own”

Hadrat ‘Abdullah bin ‘Amrra narrates that the Holy Prophetsaw said:

‘My ummah (followers) will face the same conditions as the Children of Israel have faced. The similarity will be so complete that it is like one shoe of a pair resembling the other. If someone among the Children of Israel had committed adultery with his mother, there will also be a wretched one in my ummah (followers) to do the same. The Children of Israel were divided into seventy-two sects, but my ummah (followers) will be divided into seventy-three. All will be hell-bound except one.’ The Companions asked which sect this would be. The Holy Prophetsaw answered: ‘The sect that will follow me and my Companions.’ Tirmidhi

Rasulullah (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said:

“In the latter days the devout ones (Sufis) will be ignorant and the Ulama immoral”

Abu Hurayrah said:

“Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said: “Islam began as something strange (and forlorn) and will revert to being strange (and forlorn) as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers.” [Sahih Muslim no:145]

Imaam Nawawi quoted al-Qaadi ‘Iyaadh as saying concerning the meaning of this Hadeeth:

“Islam began among a few individuals, then it spread and prevailed, then it will reduce in numbers until there are only a few left, as it was in the beginning.”

Al-Sindi said in Haashiyaat Ibn Maajah:

“Strange” refers to the small number of its adherents. The basic meaning of ghareeb (a stranger) is a person who is far from one’s homeland. “And will revert to being strange” refers to the small number of those who will adhere to its teachings even though its followers are numerous. “So give glad tidings to the strangers” means those who follow its commands.“Tooba (glad tidings)” has been interpreted as meaning Jannat or a great tree of splendour in Jannat. This shows that supporting Islam and following its commands may require leaving one’s homeland and patiently bearing the difficulties of being a stranger, as was the case in the beginning.”

Variant Narrations Describing the Qualities of the "Ghurabaa"

The hadith regarding the blessed Ghurabaa when Islam becomes a lone, forlorn and strange concept, comes through variant narrations describing a number of qualities of the Ghurabaa. They are:

(1) “…they are those who rectify/correct when people become corrupt.”

(2) “…they are those who grow more (in faith) when people decrease in faith.”

(3) “…[they are] the forsakers of kindred (for the Sake of Allah).”

(4) “…[they are] a few righteous people among many people; those who oppose them are more than those who follow them.”

(5) “…they are those who revive my Sunnah and teach it to people.”

6) “…[they are those] who correct what people have distorted after me in my Sunnah

Hadith:
“There will ever remain a small group from my Ummah who will fight on the Haqq until the arrival of the Command of Allah (i.e. Qiyaamah). Those who oppose them and who do not aid them, will not be able to harm them.”

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
#304 [Permalink] Posted on 10th July 2018 15:17
A warning for future posts as the above is also found on a banned website (wording changed)
Contents from banned web sites are removed to avoid debates and arguments.

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Lancashire
Brother
#305 [Permalink] Posted on 21st July 2018 22:31

xs11ax wrote:
View original post

It's not about a different Deen and no batil was preached in the Blackburn Ijtema, it's about accepting Maulana Saad as Amir of the world effort without Mashwara and Aalami Shura doesn't believe in having a self appointed Amir, they don't disrupt or impede his supporters i.e Dewsbury. 

My local Masjid is with Aalmi Shura but we took a Malaysian jamat sent from Dewsbury and we have individuals who are with Dewsbury but we don't say anything to them.

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#306 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd July 2018 04:37
"My local Masjid is with Aalmi Shura but we took a Malaysian jamat sent from Dewsbury and we have individuals who are with Dewsbury but we don't say anything to them."

That's the spirit. If everyone took a stand similar to yours, there would be much less friction everywhere.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#307 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd July 2018 09:44
Ummati0 wrote:
View original post

Quote:

My local Masjid is with Aalmi Shura but we took a Malaysian jamat sent from Dewsbury and we have individuals who are with Dewsbury but we don't say anything to them.

salaam

does this mean that some people and some masjid wali jamaats discriminate against jamaats that are sent from the group that they oppose?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#308 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd July 2018 09:47
so i could organise my own weekend jamaat independent from both factions and carry out tablighi activities at some masjid? anyone want to join me?
+2 -0Like x 1Creative x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#309 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd July 2018 15:18
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Yes, Hazratjee. And can I be in your Alami Shura?

(I know this is in EXTREMELY poor taste, but you set up the pins and I couldn't resist taking a roll.)
+1 -0Creative x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#310 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd July 2018 15:46
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

no hazrat jees. no shuras. just independent khurooj with no involvement or politics from any buzroogs or marakaz. just get a group together, spend a few days in a masjid, and carry out a simple tablighi style program. just teaching and learning and inviting others to join in.
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#311 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd July 2018 04:11
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

Who would you turn to for guidance and advice when faced with challenges, which are inevitable?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#312 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd July 2018 10:06
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

the ulama.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#313 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd July 2018 14:54
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

(salam)

Which ulema.. from Shura / Imarat .. :-)

long time back, at a neighborhood Masturat Ijtema it was decided to bring a Random Maulvi sahab to do the lecture.

Maulvi sahab began and ended his talk on nothing else apart from Menstrual cycle.. leaving all the ladies furious & embarrassed..

Its like bringing a Tomato to a fruit salad.. Yes it is a fruit but u just cant put it in a fruit salad..

So if ur in Tableegh and faced with issues u have to approach those who are connected to the effort..

Which side u chose.. thats ur call.. :-)

duas..

wa Assalam..
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#314 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd July 2018 20:44
dr76 wrote:
View original post

salaam,

brother, taking jamaats out for the weekend is not that complicated that ulama and other learned men cannot handle. we already have other deeni activities outside of tabligh jamaat and they are fine. i have been for countless weekend jamaats since i was 12 years old and not once have we been in a situation where we had to consult the markaz/buzroogs. on very rare occasions complications are possible, but that is with everything in life. we handle them just fine without markaz and buzroogs. lets not forget that this current fiasco is the work of markaz and buzroogs.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#315 [Permalink] Posted on 24th July 2018 03:29
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

"The elders don't know any better, that's why I'm going to do it my way."

Does that kind of thinking ring a bell?
No post ratings