Topic Appreciation
rabiaanum, Maria al-Qibtiyya
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#46 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd June 2016 20:08
Abdullah1 wrote:
View original post

Dont get confused when you see a scholar used a fabricated hadith in any of his work and he himsself said that hadith is batil somewhere else. Most of the time in their early works they used those hadith and later time they changed their position about the hadiths grading. Mufti Husain already hinted something about kitabul kabair long time ago, but sadly sunniforum.com is totally down so cant share the exact info. And No, Baatil hadiths arent used in matter of targhib.
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#47 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd June 2016 20:13
Abdullah1 wrote:
View original post

The discussion here is not about a "whole book", but narrations which are very weak and fabricated. Obviously the ulama hasnt touched those narrations clearly in their refutation. They just keep saying why a weak hadith is allowed and so on or why certain scholar used this hadith. These has nothing to do with the hadiths chain at all. you can look at this fatwa and you will know what i meant about the chain : askimam.org/public/question_detail/31546

i can cut paste 1 line each from 10 different hadith and make a separate hadith. But this hadith "chain"is infact fabricated by me although the contains can be found in different hadith. So you have to make it clear that hadith is fabricated althought text is correct or found in different hadith. Thus one shouldnt quote the hadith like this way but in properway as mentioned in different hadith books.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#48 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd June 2016 20:32
There are also few narration mentioned with the reference of Munabbihat, which sheikh zakariya blindly quoted just because it supposed to be ibn hajar asqalanis book! Although it isnt!

islamqa.org/hanafi/qibla-hanafi/36542
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#49 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd June 2016 21:30
abu nusayba wrote:
View original post

Yea and so what if he erred or felt that hadeeth could be used for targheeb....so what then? I fail to understand here what the rant is about....is it the hadeeth...is it Maulana Zakarriya you are about....is it Fazail e amaal you are after....? Weak hadeeth is a weak hadeeth, just how we treat weak hadeeth present in adab al mufrad and ihya, we will treat the ones in fazail e amal same way....what's the issue?
+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#50 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd June 2016 21:43
Abdullah1 wrote:
View original post

You're entitled to, and I've read that link before.

However, the research put in by HadithAnswers into my questions regarding various narrations found in Fadhail E Amal suggests otherwise. This is also extends to books like Hayatus-Sahaba.

I feel more comfortable taking the word of classical Muhadithoon than contemporary ones like Shaykh Zakariya. I've not shared this research with the the Deoband Ulema because:

a) I'm not the one to start any sort of discord with any scholars.
b) I'm content to say that the Salafi scholars have raised valid concerns that there are indeed some very weak,

So, such books are of no interest to me, and I settle for something which, focuses on only authentic or sound narrations.

If you're content to believe your Shyookh then go right ahead, and that's your right/prerogative. I respect that. Likewise, the rest of us have a right to respectively disagree.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#51 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd June 2016 21:46
As-Saif wrote:
View original post

I agree.

There is no question that someone of the stature of Shaykh Zakariya would do such a thing knowingly, and the OP should fear Allah if that's what he's insinuating otherwise, I agree he's made his point, and there is nothing else to discuss.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Pakistan
Brother
#52 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd June 2016 03:54
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Yes I agree with you.

However, I also think that the deobandis are sometimes lenient in quoting weak ahaadees, specially the Sufis and tableeghis. In terms of taqwa, they may be very very careful and leaving even the doubtful issues, but in terms of quoting ahaadees for targheeb, they don't bother too much.

And this isn't about quoting just a random weak hadees, but quoting extremely weak and sometimes fabricated ahaadees. This discussion is not about Fazail e Amaal, but an overall attitude amongst the deobandis. Being a hardcore deobandi and tableeghi myself, I know the impact of Fazail e Amaal and how it has changed the lives of millions, and I am more than aware about the stature of Hazrat Shaykul Hadeeth (RA).

This attitude makes a layman become salafi or ahl-e-hadees. When he sees that his queries are not being answered, and sentences like "it was written by a great aalim, he knows better than you, go and study usul of hadeeth first, the book has done great service" etc etc, it makes him believe that deobandis are all about Hazrat Worship and hence he becomes a salafi.

The deobandis should leave this attitude and not become defensive. There is no reason to become defensive, considering the huge amount of service which the deobandis have done for ahaadees, and also seeing that some huge hadees shuyookh were deobandis like Imam Anwar Shah Kashmiri (RA) or Maulana Yusuf Binnori (RA).
+8 -0Like x 5Agree x 1Winner x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#53 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd June 2016 07:20
Jazakallahu khayran mufti saheb for honest reply.

You cannot discuss Fazail-e-A'mal with any deobandi. Only exceptions might be students of Maulana Fazlur-Rahman Azmi hafizahullah. If you want to discuss this matter, then you should sit down with someone who learnt hadith from Maulana Fazlur-Rahman Saheb. Also, Mufti Husain said on SF that Maulana Fazlur-Rahman Saheb advises one to keep silent if an unsuitable hadith is read during ta'leem. Such examples include '80 years in hellfire for not praying salah on time', the famous '5 benefits of salah', 'the world wouldn't have been created were it not for you'...

Most deobandis have no problem narrating fabricated hadith as long at least some buzurg or imam from the past said it is dhaeef. One big time tabligi who prays isha on 18 degrees, only buys meat from the most scrutinized stores, has a long, jungly beard, wears kurta to work in a big company of ghoras, etc. knowingly narrates fabricated ahadith that he has heard in bayans and told me that i was influenced by salafis when i said he shouldn't do so.

Anyways, i still love Fazail A'maal and read it regularly alhamdulillah. Our Hazraat will have to solve this problem for us.

And I prefer ta'leem of FeA over any other kitab. even Riyadh-us-Saliheen or Muntakhab. That which our three Hazrat-Ji's gave us has only proven to beneficial. Nowadays, everybody is coming up with their own tarteeb for tabligh. The reality is that Fazail-e-A'mal with all of its [apparently] unsuitable ahadeeth is still being used by Allah Ta'ala to spread hidayat all over the world.
+3 -0Like x 1Winner x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#54 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd June 2016 07:24

SubhanAllaah!

Coincidence to just see this quote, a reminder for me first and all of us.
Screenshot_2016-06-23-11-22-22.png
Downloads: 172
    [188.02 kB]
+4 -0Winner x 4
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#55 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd June 2016 09:24
I think ml Abu bilal hit the nail on the head.

An example . I went in jamath few months ago and the Amir quoted the incident of ya sanam ( no source), reward for looking at parents ( extremely weak), we read about the 15 punishments for leaving salah ( fabricated) and a couple weeks earlier the same Amir had mentioned the incident of attahiyat in miraj ( no Hadith ). A few weeks later I heard the story of farruk (fabricated).
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#56 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd June 2016 09:27
I am interested in finding out about the 5 rewards for performing salah which is mentioned in every 6 points. I know the second part about 15 punishments is fabricated but what about that first portion of 5 rewards.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#57 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd June 2016 11:20
xs11ax wrote:
View original post

this is weak hadith as is proven. Thankyou
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#58 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd June 2016 11:29

Abu_Bilal wrote:
View original post

If the issue is Sufees & Tableeghees quoting weak (or even faricated) Ahadeeth then the solution is to discuss the matter with the Akabir who do so from whom laymen pick up their habits.

The solution is not to start butchering books (Salafi style).

+4 -0Like x 1Winner x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#59 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd June 2016 11:44
samy.3660 wrote:
View original post

you are welcome.
No post ratings
Rank Image
USA
Brother
#60 [Permalink] Posted on 24th June 2016 07:09
Concerned wrote:
View original post

I asked Mufti Ismail Moosa the same question before and he confirmed that the entire ḥadīth (including the five rewards for guarding one's prayers) is a fabrication and cannot be quoted. A slightly edited transcript:

___

[6/5/2015, 8:46 AM] Samah: As-Salaamu `Alaykum Mufti Sahib
do you know about the hadith of 5 rewards for praying Salaah (difficulty in living uplifted, book of deeds to be received in right hand, will cross the bridge of siraat at speed of lightning, etc.)?

it says here about the hadith of 15 warnings for not praying Salaah that we cannot quote this Hadeeth, but it seems to me like the same one

[Note: the below link no longer works]
www.hadithanswers.com/an-unreliable-narration-on-the-puni...
[6/5/2015, 8:47 AM] Samah: I see the footnote on the bottom of the first page of the Hadeeth that also mentions al-Mīzān, so same ruling applies to the fazail part of Hadeeth, right?
[6/5/2015, 5:22 PM] Mufti Ismail Moosa: Wassalam
[6/5/2015, 5:23 PM] Mufti Ismail Moosa: jee correct
[6/5/2015, 5:51 PM] Samah: جزاك الله خيرا

____

The pages of the ḥadīth which I sent to him can be found in this post.

Also, Shaykh Muḥyiddīn Mistū mentions here in his edition of Kitāb al-Kabāʾir of al-Imām al-Dhahabī (رحمه الله) that the entire "ḥadīth" is false. A more detailed discussion (in Arabic) can be found here.
+1 -0Winner x 1

Jump to page: