dr76, Jinn, abu mohammed, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Taalibah, sipraomer
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#496 [Permalink] Posted on 15th March 2019 04:56
Maripat wrote:
View original post

As salam alaykum Sir:

A lot of these are repetitions. Points 1-12 are repeated again from 13 onward.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#497 [Permalink] Posted on 17th March 2019 15:36
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

I have done little bit of editing....

+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
India
Brother
#498 [Permalink] Posted on 18th March 2019 17:03
In a late evening development on Sunday, claiming to be the single largest party in the 36-member truncated Goa legislative assembly, the Congress formally staked its claim with Governor Mridula Sinha to form a government in the State.

In a letter to Governor Sinha, Leader of Opposition and senior Congress leader Chandrakant Kavlekar said that coalition allies had aligned with the BJP in 2017 with a written condition that it would support a BJP-led government only if Mr. Parrikar leads the coalition as Chief Minister. Now, in view of Mr. Parrikar's death, BJP has no allies.

He further stated that it was up to her to ensure "smooth transition and transfer of power".
"Congress being the single largest party, it is submitted that the leader of the Congress party is entitled to be invited to form the next government. We, therefore, hereby once again stake our claim to form the government and request Your Excellency to extend the invitation to our leader to form the next government," the letter stated.

BJP leaders meet

On the other hand, BJP MLAs and prominent State BJP leaders went into a meeting at the private residence of the late Chief Minister, where they were expected to meet Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari to formulate a strategy to form a government.

MLAs from alliance parties, namely, Goa Forward, Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party, and three independents also joined the BJP MLAs and leaders.
Goa Forward party cheif Vijai Sardesai said that the decision about the next leader would be taken after all the coalition partners meet. He said one of the suggestions was to make a non-MLA the next chief minister, which was also being considered.

When asked whether coalition partners will continue their support to the BJP, Mr. Sardesai said, “No one should be taken for granted.”

The death of Mr. Parrikar, who represented the Panaji assembly seat, will also necessitate a fourth bypoll in Goa, where by-elections are scheduled for the Shiroda, Mandrem and Mapusa assembly constituencies on April 23. These will held in the state along with the Lok Sabha polls.

“With chief minister Parrikar’s demise, the ruling coalition will have to make a fresh representation to the governor after choosing their leader. The representation will have the letter of support,” a senior official from State Legislature Department toldPTI.

“If the governor (Mridula Sinha) is not convinced, then she will have to invite the single largest party to form government,” he said.

In the house of 40 reduced to 36, Congress has 14 MLAs , BJP 12, MGP 3, Goa Forward 3, Nationalist Congress 1. There are also three independents.
(With inputs from PTI)
www.thehindu.com/news/national/other-states/congress-form...
+1 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#499 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd March 2019 07:18
Muslim family attacked in a village of Gurugram near Delhi.

ISIS Caliphate Defeated

+1 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#500 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd March 2019 07:57
Muslim Security in India

Security of Muslims in India has fallen to a new nadir.

When US started her talks with the Taliban I thought the security situation of Muslims would improve the world over.

Why? Because, I thought, when the world realizes that the biggest power of the world, the US, can not obliterate the Taliban it, the world, would come to the realization that Muslims too are human and should be treated kindly.

That has not yet happened.

The attack of the New Zealand Mosques and the attack on Muslim family in a village of Gurugram near Delhi amply prove it.

I also had thought that when the Taliban is in the field there is a voice speaking for Muslims. Hence one could take a break from the problems Muslim Ummah is facing the world over.

It looks like that Muslims the world over still have to take care of themselves on their own.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#501 [Permalink] Posted on 23rd March 2019 13:51
Maripat wrote:
View original post

As salam alaykum:

Sir, I am glad that, by the grace of Allah swt, you possess great optimism. But, for someone as astute as yourself, I was very confused when you stated in a previous post that the coming of the Taliban in Afghanistan would bring about a change in the situation of the Muslims worldwide and those struggling for the uplift of the Ummah could heave a sigh of relief. Even if the Taliban coming back to power in Afghanistan has a trickle down effect globally, this is something that would take quite some time.

Are not the outcomes of deeds of a Muslim dependent on the niyyah (intention) he/she makes? The Taliban are a nationalist movement (for obvious pragmatic reasons). They will need to restrict their focus and energies on Afghanistan. So, does it not imply that their intention is to have an effect on the national level and not a global level? Are we not left to our own devices to chart out our own fate?
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#502 [Permalink] Posted on 24th March 2019 09:51
abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

Quote:
As salam alaykum:

Wa Alaikumussalam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu.

Quote:
Sir, I am glad that, by the grace of Allah swt, you possess great optimism. But, for someone as astute as yourself, I was very confused when you stated in a previous post that the coming of the Taliban in Afghanistan would bring about a change in the situation of the Muslims worldwide and those struggling for the uplift of the Ummah could heave a sigh of relief. Even if the Taliban coming back to power in Afghanistan has a trickle down effect globally, this is something that would take quite some time.

Jazakallah brother for asking this question.
Let me rephrase my current position on this.
Last few decades have been extremely difficult for the Ummah of Rasoolallah SAW. Main source of wrong doings has been the west but lately the Saffron upsurge in India has extracted its own toll on our well being.

The situation lately became so critical that even to say that it hurts became nearly impossible.
In fact even to make a suggestion that the Muslim world has grievances would attract that kind of attention that would make you look like an aggressor. Indeed there was the western discourse and that is all. There was no Muslim discourse, no Muslim point of view. The Militant point of view, the Mujahideen point of was decidedly classified as the terrorist point of view and that was not a point of view to be counted. No one cared for the Muslim point of view or admitted that the militants might have a cause to be up in arms. Any one suggesting to the contrary ran the risk of being classified a terrorist sympathizer.

Now that the US is running around the world just to have a few hours or minutes on the table for talks with the Taliban changes the discourse completely.

One can naturally ask the US and the rest of the west that we too have our interests at the stake so please tell us whether the Taliban are the terrorists or freedom fighters. How much legitimate they are in their authority? Can we too be friendly with them? Can we too do business with them?

In fact you already know that for few days there were even rumours that Dr Afia Siddiqui, the researcher termed Lady Al-Qaida by the west, might be released.

And there was the news that in Moscow India's former ambassador to Afghanistan was present during the talks.

Please do not take these events as meaningless. The implications are really huge.

Plus if you look at the scenario then it is changing rather fast. In my half a century on the planet I have never seen more rapid changes. So I do not think that the effects of the happenings happening between the Taliban and the west will take time to trickle down. The effects will take place rather rapidly.

Let me give you an example from a different setting. When Narendra Modi became the Prime Minister of India in May 2014 the US went blank for a few weeks. That is a long time. What was happening? Well the US did not think that the Saffron will come to power with a bang in India. For them Vajpayee kind of government would be a smooth transition from from Dr Manmohan Singh. Narendra Modi was not. The change was drastic.

In fact the change has been so rapid that I find it very difficult to keep track of the events.

Quote:
Are not the outcomes of deeds of a Muslim dependent on the niyyah (intention) he/she makes? The Taliban are a nationalist movement (for obvious pragmatic reasons). They will need to restrict their focus and energies on Afghanistan. So, does it not imply that their intention is to have an effect on the national level and not a global level? Are we not left to our own devices to chart out our own fate?

Yes and no.

The results of US-Taliban talks will certainly have their biggest effect in Afghanistan.
Yet the implications for the rest of the world are in fact even bigger.

When the US is talking to Taliban, even if it is to ensure the safety of evacuating marines then the rest of the west is likely to look the other way. Not for the love of Taliban but for the love of the US soldiers, the so called marines.

This itself is a paradigm change. The west has been drying to draw wool on the eyes of the rest of the world by the terror-talk, talking about the so called Islamic-Muslim terrorism. In reality the grip that the west, mainly the US, had over the world was at last was slipping completely. In spite of the disintegration of the USSR the communist paradigm simply slipped out of their hands. By this I mean that US did not have the old clout anymore. They could not spare marines, if they needed, for Viet Nam, Laos, Africa - to make the world 'safe' for democracy.

Samuel Huntington had written in 1993 itself that US as a world power has declined.

What we are witnessing in 2019 is that even the Muslim world has slipped out of their hands.

In fact we saw that though they had a field day in Afghanistan and killed the Haji (civilian) and the Mooj ( the Mujahid=the militant=the terrorist) at will they , the US, became utterly pathetic by the time they reached Syria. The NATO, the Europe, Russia and their Iranian fans have done more damage to Muslims in Syria. Of course with some help from the local partners like the Kurds.

But the conclusion is unmistakable that US had already lost her air by the time they reached Syria.

Let us not forget that in Iraq they simply had a walk over.

Please understand that even Imran Khan would not have been able to use the kind of language he has been using if the west or even the US had the old hold in the region. You simply can not utter the words like Riyasat-e-Madinah when the US is out in the field making the world 'safe' for democracy.

Honestly speaking even Imran Khan has not assessed the changed situation very accurately. Remember US took a few weeks to adjust her foreign policy after the Saffron advent in India in May 2014. The world will take some time to process the implications of US talking to the Taliban.

I hope these remarks help in understanding the rapidly changing reality around us.

My only request is that brothers and sisters should analyze these things more. These are important and not many people are paying due attention to these.

Remember Mathir Muhammed is back, Erdugan is going strong and then there is Imran Khan.

I hope more Muslim countries bring forth such leaders.

Of course we do have irritations like the UAE idiots and the Saudi opportunists. And we have the SiSi sissy in Egypt.

May Allah ease the situation for Muslim Ummah.
+1 -0Ameen x 1
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#503 [Permalink] Posted on 25th March 2019 13:30
What is the age of Bharat Mata?

Take it from historian DN Jha.

The phenomenon is just about a hundred years old.

And then the Saffron bigots talk of countless years.

And then they do have the cheek to include the lands from Afghanistan to Malaysia and Indonesia and beyond in their map.

Source : Scroll
+2 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#504 [Permalink] Posted on 25th March 2019 13:34
The Regional Horror Shows in India Today : UP

An everyday communalism has settled down. The sense of impunity was reinforced by Yogi Adityanath’s decision to withdraw all the complaints that the state had filed against him and his associates since the 1990s.

Source : IE
+1 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#505 [Permalink] Posted on 26th March 2019 08:50
Crack Down on Jama-at-e-Islami in Kashmir

In last few days Government of India has heavily cracked down on the Jama-at-e-Islami in Kashmir. Their headquarter has been sealed and hundreds of officials have been arrested. According to the news reports the action has been justified with the allegation that the party was instrumental in driving youth towards militancy.

Today's news was that someone had filed a petition in Kashmir High Court against the action and the court has taken cognizance and issues notice to the government to file reply in a time bound manner.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#506 [Permalink] Posted on 27th March 2019 06:48
For more than half an hour I am waiting for the live address to the nation by the Indian Prime Minister Mr Narendra Modi. Earlier the Cabinet Committee on Security met today. This, combined with the delay, fills me with very sober forebodings.

PS: Thankfully he talked of intercepting a live satellite.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#507 [Permalink] Posted on 27th March 2019 13:12
Letter to a Modi Supporter Friend

Common friends have told me not to let politics get in the way of a friendship, but how am I supposed to be good friends with you if you see nothing wrong in demonising an entire community?

Rohit Kumar

This is a letter I have been wanting to write for several months. Now with the Lok Sabha elections just around the corner, I finally feel compelled to do so.

We’ve known each other for over 15 years. That’s a long time. You’ve been to my house, I’ve been to yours. We’ve shared countless cups of tea and spent many long hours chatting about life, the universe and everything. You’ve invited me to your family functions, I’ve invited you to mine; you’ve been there for me in my hours of joy and grief and I certainly hope I’ve been there for you in yours.

This is not an easy letter for me to write, but I think it’s important that I do so.

About a year ago, as you may recall, you started sending me messages and videos about how the Congress has been “looting the country for 70 years”. These, along with all the other messages you were sending me on yoga, meditation, positive thinking, friendship etc. I didn’t bother to respond, as is my manner with most forwarded messages that I receive. (Also, I didn’t think you were particularly expecting me to.)

Also read: A Delhi Wallah’s Date With Democracy Throws Up a Picture That is Mixed

Then you sent me another series of messages telling me how wonderful the Narendra Modi government is. I think I may have replied with a smiley face, if memory serves me right. Everyone is entitled to their political views, you to yours and I to mine. Live and let live, I’ve always believed.

But then you sent me yet another series of messages and these stopped me dead in my tracks. This was a series of WhatsApps about how “Muslims are the biggest threat to the well-being of India”. I couldn’t believe that you of all people had sent me these and if you recall, I actually asked you if someone was playing a distasteful prank with your phone. You told me in all seriousness that you were the sender.

You then sent me a long message explaining in painstaking detail how dangerous Muslims are, and how they are the root cause of India’s problems. At which point, I blew a fuse and asked you, “What happened to all those books you keep reading and recommending on spirituality, peace, and positive thinking?” To which you replied, “Spiritual things are different. One has to be practical.”

Too upset to respond, I put my phone away and went about my work for the day, not quite sure what to make of this disturbing exchange.

For the next few days, you sent me daily videos and messages trying to convince me how the BJP and Modi are India’s only hope and how they are the only ones who can “solve the Muslim problem”.

It was almost as though you were on a mission of sorts to convince me of your point of view. I tried telling you again and again that it is wrong, unfair and dangerous to demonise and stereotype anyone, and that now more than ever, the need of the hour is see each other as human beings more than anything else.

Also read: The Common Citizen’s Guide To Speaking Up Against Hate and Tyranny

But it didn’t really work and I finally had to ask you in no uncertain terms to please stop sending me such hate-filled, bigoted messages, and ever since we have had a relationship that has been frosty and aloof. We still greet each other politely when we meet, but the occasions have been few and rare, and as we both know, things have changed between us. It has not felt good.

Common friends of ours have told me not to let politics get in the way of a friendship. I’m not exactly sure what to make of that advice. You know I value friendships, because a good friendship is a rare and wonderful thing. But a good friendship is also based on shared, common values, wouldn’t you agree? Just how am I supposed to be good friends with you if you see nothing wrong in demonising an entire community? It’s a sincere question, not a rhetorical one.

I would also like to tell you at this point that if are you ever in a situation where you need my help, I will be there for you. We have, after all, been friends for 15 years. I will try my best to be a blessing, but as far as being on the same wavelength and having the same free and frank camaraderie that we have shared over the last decade and a half, I really don’t know how to take that forward.

Also read: India and The Cult of Stupidity

We could get into a big political discussion right now and I could ask you a lot of questions about the party and leader you so wholeheartedly support. I could ask you questions about the state of the economy, about the number of farmer suicides which have not decreased over the last five years, about the continued destruction of the Ganga that Modi promised to rejuvenate, about unemployment being at a 45-year high in India, about gigantic, wasteful statues and about why the prime minister follows trolls on Twitter.

But I’ll put those questions aside for now, vital as they are, and ask you three other questions instead:

1. Are you okay with the fact that the BJP-RSS-Hindutva combine wants to ultimately amend the constitution of India and establish a Hindu rashtra where Christians and Muslims will be considered second-class citizens?

2. Are you okay with Muslims being targeted, attacked and lynched on social media and on the streets

3. And, finally, are you okay that your children grow up in such a country?

Those are questions with clear “yes” or “no” answers. My answer to those questions is an unambiguous “no”. What is yours?

Please do let me know. I will be waiting to hear not just from you, but also from the rest of the nation as it answers those three questions over the next couple of months.

Rohit Kumar is an educator with a background in positive psychology and psychometrics. He works with high school students on emotional intelligence and adolescent issues to help make schools bullying-free zones.

Source : The Wire
+1 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#508 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd April 2019 06:47
On Hindu Terrorism

Indian Prime Minister Mr Narendra Modi is here accusing Indian National Congress of defaming peaceful Hindu society by talking of Hindu Terrorism.

Is Congress doing that? I do not think so. All Congress is doing is to tell Muslims to reject Modi. See here.

But even that, and similar stances of Congress, is sufficient for the PM to go full blast.

And I do not think it will work in favour of the Saffron bigots any more.

And they know it.

For example a here one of them is saying that they do not give tickets to Muslims because Muslims do not believe them.

This is a great admission by a Saffron operative. Now someone has to ask them the rhetoric question: Why Muslims do not trust the Saffron?

And the Prime Ministers jacking up of stakes will not work in their favour either.

In case he is thinking of creating a parallel narrative to the global Muslim militancy then it hardly matters because only the coir will hear the cry and the coir need not be converted being a practicing segment already.

The only utility of such a deviating tactics can be to put the Congress on the back foot and that too is unlikely to happen because Congress is not sleeping. For the Congress intelligentsia that has been caught for a few decades off-guard by the Saffron upsurge can deal with such up front perfidy.

The question is can the Congress seize this opportunity to turn the tables on the Saffron? Sadly Congress has not acquired that killer instinct as of now.

And the bottom line for Muslims remains that for them Congress is no knight in shining armour riding a white horse.

They have to do their own spadework.
+2 -0
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#509 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd April 2019 12:47
Modi on Hindu Terrorism

There have been several reactions already on Indian Prime Minister Mr Narendra Modi's remark to show him a single Hindu terrorist.

Historian Audrey Trusche has tweeted from the US the examples of killing of Mahatma Gandhi, Gujarat riots in 2002 and the Samjhauta Express blast.

Then I saw a leftist article that enumerated the killings of Narendra Dabholkar, Govind Pansare, MM Kalburgi and Gauri Lankesh.

The Christians can come with their own examples and the examples that Muslims can muster will be an encyclopedia in itself - the list of communal riots and pogroms is very long.

In this list I doubt anyone would bring to notice the reaction of the ancestors of the present day Saffron operators to the religion of Jainism and Buddhism and the decimation of the former and complete expulsion of the latter. This is the fete they want to achieve in case of Islam and Muslims too.

For long the Saffron dream has been to replicate the story of Spain five hundred years ago in India. The hobnobbing of the last NDA, BJP lead group, government with Israel is driven by the same sentiment that continues unabated till today.

In sum it looks like the bluff has fallen flat on its face.
+2 -0
Rank Image
India
Brother
#510 [Permalink] Posted on 4th April 2019 19:47
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) on Thursday conferred its highest civilian honour, the Zayed Medal (Order of Zayed), upon Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan announced on Twitter that UAE President Sheikh Khalif had conferred the award on Modi.

"We have historical and comprehensive strategic ties with India, reinforced by the pivotal role of my dear friend, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who gave these relations a big boost. In appreciation of his efforts, the UAE president grants him the Zayed Medal," he said.

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi thanked the UAE leader on Twitter with "utmost humility" and said that ties between New Delhi and Abu Dhabi had grown stronger under the crown prince's "visionary leadership".

Bharatiya Janata Party President Amit Shah also tweeted about the award for the prime minister, saying it was a gesture of "recognition of PM Modi's efforts to strengthen ties between the two nations, which has helped achieve our shared strategic imperatives in the best interest of our people".

Modi had last visited the UAE in 2015, while a Crown Prince Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan paid a visit to India in 2017, during which he was invited to be the chief guestat the Republic Day parade.

Both countries had in 2015, condemned efforts ─ including those made by states ─ to use religion to justify, support and sponsor terrorism against other countries, or to use terrorism as instrument of state policy.

There are more than 2.6 million Indians in the UAE and their annual remittance is estimated to be around $14 billion.
www.dawn.com/news/1473880/uae-confers-highest-civil-honou...
+1 -0

Jump to page: