Topic Appreciation
dr76, Jinn, abu mohammed, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Taalibah, sipraomer
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#406 [Permalink] Posted on 12th October 2018 06:00

abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post
Let me do the needful before Khan Sahab.

After one of the many clashes with Abu Sufyan beloved Prophet SAW said to him the words to the effect that he, Rasoolallah SAW, will be back. Means he will have another go at Abu Sufyan.

For reasons best known to them our Ulama do not talk about these kind of events.

The fact on the other hand is that Beloved Prophet PBUH quite often replied to the parting pungent shots of the enemies.

This has to be taken as a protocol for the conflict times.

If we combine this with the Hadith you have mentioned then to my untrained mind it boils down to the following - we should not fall to cheap levels.

With that understanding now let us take the current times. We Muslims today are passing through a phase in which we are just coming out of about a five hundred years old lethargy. The west has been besting us for all those years and has been at our throat.

In such a situation if we rejoice a little when Allah SWT implements a decision that is relieving for us I feel it is alright to feel happy.

Of course Allah SWT knows better.

report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#407 [Permalink] Posted on 12th October 2018 09:33

Maripat wrote:
View original post

abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

Can you kindly inform me of the Hadeeth which prohibits rejoicing on the calamity upon your "enemy"?

Jazakallahu Khayran

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#408 [Permalink] Posted on 12th October 2018 16:02
Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

Sorry, my mistake.

The hadith in Tirmizi Shareef is "Do not rejoice over the misfortune of your brother."

And, MJ Akbar is at least nominally a Muslim, isn't he?

However, there is another hadith in Hayatus Sahabah in which a tribe had come to meet Nabi Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam. Among their qualities even in jahiliyyah were, "they did not rejoice at the misfortune of their enemies." Nabi Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam had said about them that they possessed many qualities of the ambiya even in jahiliyyah. I only have access to the Urdu version of the book, so it's going to take me a while to locate the exact hadith.
No post ratings
Rank Image
UK
Brother
#409 [Permalink] Posted on 12th October 2018 16:19

abuzayd2k wrote:
View original post

Let me know when you find the Hadeeth about enemies, please. Back to the topic...

So we are defending whiskey drinking, Sunnah hating, Islam-defiling, sexual predators just because the name is "Muslim"?Man can defile Islam, sell Indian Muslims to the dogs and our heart cannot feel pleased at the humiliation Allah Ta'ala is inflicting upon him BY the very same people he chose to align himself with?

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#410 [Permalink] Posted on 13th October 2018 15:07
While I look up the hadith requested by Brother Muadh, here is an excerpt taken from a Firstpost article, in keeping with the India Diary theme.

----------
A Kozhikode-based progressive Muslim women’s forum is all set to approach the Supreme Court not only for women’s entry to the mosque but also for priesthood.

A fatwa issued by PKK Ahmed Kutty Moulavi, the head Imam of Palayam Jumma Masjid in Thiruvananthapuram, in 1998 permitting women to enter the mosque and offer prayers during the month of Ramzan spurred a strong demand from progressive sections in the Muslim community for ending gender discrimination in places of worship.

The activists who spearheaded the campaign beat a retreat after the Imam’s Council issued a counter fatwa denying women entry in the mosque and pressed a squad of Kazis to conduct a door-to-door campaign against the plea. The demand re-erupted several times from various parts of the state since then but the conservative sections suppressed it.

However, the last month’s Supreme Court verdict lifting a centuries-old ban on the entry of menstruating women in the Sabarimala Ayyappa temple has rekindled the hopes of Muslim women in securing their constitutional right.

While a few organisations are planning to launch a campaign in the light of the apex court judgment, a Kozhikode-based progressive Muslim women’s forum is all set to approach the Supreme Court not only for women’s entry to the mosque but also for priesthood.

https://www.firstpost.com/india/after-sabarimala-verdict-muslim-women-are-all-set-to-approach-sc-demanding-entry-to-mosques-priesthood-5361661.html

(WARNING: Article contains images)

No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#411 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd October 2018 13:27
General Zameeruddin Shah Sahab

A liberal democratic sweetie interviews our former Vice Chancellor Lt Gen Zameeruddin Shah and he schools her in Islamophobia of the likes of Salman Rushdie and Tasleema Nasreen in this video.

I love General Shah. As the luck would have it I had a very unpleasant tiff with him in last year of his tenure but I do remain a fan of him. He has been doing, lately, what a genuine Muslim should be doing.

Proud of him.
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#412 [Permalink] Posted on 22nd October 2018 15:41
+1 -0

Jump to page: