Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
dr76, Jinn, abu mohammed, Maria al-Qibtiyya, Taalibah, sipraomer
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#361 [Permalink] Posted on 1st August 2018 16:37
Assam : The Current NRC Debacle

In case you have forgotten or never ever heard, we had our Gujarat moment too.

This NRC business is opening up old wounds for a reason.

The Nellie massacre took place in central Assam during a six-hour period in the morning of 18 February 1983. Although the involvement of members of Indigenous Assamese people in carrying out the massacre is commonly evoked, the identities of the rioters are debated by scholars.The massacre claimed the lives of 2,191 people (unofficial figures run at more than 10,000) from 14 villages—Alisingha, Khulapathar, Basundhari, Bugduba Beel, Bugduba Habi, Borjola, Butuni, Dongabori,Indurmari, Mati Parbat, Muladhari, Mati Parbat no. 8, Silbheta, Borburi and Nellie—of Nagaon district. The victims were East Bengal rooted Muslims whose ancestors had relocated in pre-partition British India. Three media personnel — Hemendra Narayan of Indian Express, Bedabrata Lahkar of Assam Tribune and Sharma of ABC — were witnesses to the massacre. The victims were descendants of Muslims who came to Assam on the direct patronage of the then Assam Government of British India in the first decade of the 20th century.

Source : [url=https://www.facebook.com/papri.banerjee.908/posts/2180156912266503]Papri Banerjee on Facebook[/url ]

Another News Item

Nelee, Feb 18(UNI) Twentyfive years after the ghastly single day mass slaughter in independent India, Nelee wants to forget everything and move on. For the record, 1,891 people were butchered in a mayhem lasting more than three hours at Nelee, an hour and a half's hour drive from Guwahati, on this day a quarter century ago when the Assam agitation was at its peak. The victims were Muslim immigrants and attackers were nearby tribal people. Tension between the communities had escalated following the former's participation in the Assembly election which was boycotted by majority of Assam's population. Rahim Faqir, a three-year-old then, survived as the attackers thought he was dead. His mother, sister and elder brother were hacked to death. He was in the arms of his dead mother crying when the police recovered him from a heap of bodies. Now a struggling young small-time businessman, he does not want to remember those traumatic days. None of the present Nelee villagers in fact remember the day, till a goup of journalists reached there to remind them about the fateful day. Arguably it was the most horrific killings of the past decades. It brought the entire Assam agitation to international limelight which culminated into the signing of the Assam Accord two year later, bringing a group of university students to power. Recounting the nightmare, one of the two scribes who was accidentally in the killing field, Bedabrata Lahkar, a senior journalist with the 'Assam Tribune' said, ''Speeding down the deserted national highway we suddenly came across a fire blazing in the distance. Asking the driver to stop we decided to investigate. Without an inkling of what was about to happen, we stepped into the worst communal conflagration in the history of Assam at Nellie, where, I presume, no less than 2,000 men and women besides, children belonging to migrant Muslim community, were butchered.''

Source : www.oneindia.com/2008/02/18/25-years-after-nelee-wants-to...
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#362 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd August 2018 06:17
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#363 [Permalink] Posted on 4th August 2018 05:40
Murmurs of Discontent: Modi's Depleted Moral Capital

The prime minister has come to operate an oligarchy – a government by the few and for the few. His mocking exercise of power has begun to cause resentment in BJP circles as well, and arrogance is being spoken of.

Anand K. Sahay

The time has perhaps come to inscribe finis under the story of the current dispensation as far as the depletion of moral capital is concerned, even if the winding up protocols must wait until Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s opponents can show greater tactical awareness and the spirit of self-abnegation.

The Modi regime has lost steam because it has deviated widely from its promises. It was elected with much expectation to deepen democracy. That is what the promise of “achhe din” encapsulated in essence – the betterment of the lives of the poorest people. But in a fairly short space of time, the shape of governance began to undergo changes that bewildered its backers.

Now more and more people are beginning to worry about the overt display of authoritarian tendencies. This prime minister’s mocking exercise of power has begun to cause resentment in BJP circles as well, and arrogance is being spoken of.

Still, Modi – lest this be overlooked – remains mindful of how he is perceived. He has not held a single press conference in four and a half years, a perverse record for a democracy. Even the outrage-causing president of the US allows himself to be questioned by a hostile media every other day. However, the PM has a one-way communication running through his “Mann Ki Baat” talks over government radio and television.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi recording his radio programme 'Mann ki Baat'. Credit: PTI

Prime Minister Narendra Modi recording his radio programme ‘Mann ki Baat’. Credit: PTI

He thinks – mistakenly in light of murmurs of discontent that can now be heard all round – that this lets him connect with his core followers direct, and that he retains his earlier popularity, affording him the room to be masterful and dismissive of senior colleagues in party and government, not just the opposition.

Of course, Modi has become increasingly conscious of late of the sheer necessity of having to show he still has a big lead over the opposition in numbers terms in parliament. Since his own party has fallen below the majority mark in the Lok Sabha after a string of recent by-election defeats in different states, the PM would be loathe to lose any more allies (after the TDP walked out of NDA and the Shiv Sena refused to vote with the government in the no-trust vote last month). There is an anxiety that if more allies renege, BJP MPs themselves may become emboldened to turn disloyal.

No government can countenance an atmosphere of such anxiety among its MPs months before the next parliament election. The sense has sharpened in the BJP camp after the recent no-confidence motion debate that the ship is going down, though the NDA won. BJP’s Dalit MPs appear especially vulnerable as the anti-Hindutva churning among Dalits outside of the BJP has emerged as a factor of note throughout the country.

The prime minister cannot afford to appear unmindful of these developments, and therefore must continue with his earlier flamboyance in attacking opponents in order to retain the affection of his allies and core constituencies. But within the BJP itself, no one now misses the obvious – that after winning a massive mandate, Modi has come to operate an oligarchy – a government by the few. All too often this boils down to a government for a few.

This means institutions do not matter and are likely to be disregarded when the need arises – in order to benefit the powerful ones or punish opponents. We saw this with the Election Commission around the time of the Gujarat assembly poll last year, and with the Supreme Court, obliging four senior judges to hold a press conference to air institutional and moral concerns.

We also see this in the clumsy political misuse by the government of the army on the issue of the so-called surgical strike which had no deterrent value. Also, newspapers are replete with stories of the CBI, Enforcement Directorate or the Income Tax machinery threatening political opponents.

In practical terms, in India, a government for a few is a plutocracy, a government of the wealthy, and a government that overlooks the interests of the poor, whatever the propaganda. The data now points in this direction.

A handful of friends of those in authority benefit from policy, but this is sought to be covered up with demagoguery, populism, ultra-nationalist slogans – on the whole, we appear to have stumbled on a regime characterised by a pursuit of selectively corporatist ideals with a few crumbs for those at the lower end. The poor are invoked out of cleverness, not with serious intent.

In Argentina, there was Eva Peron who spoke of “the shirtless” – the descamisados – as she pursued corporatist ends; in India there is Modi. He capitalises on the unattested story of his tea-selling origins and flies to New Delhi to take oath of office in 2014 in a private plane of an industrialist with widespread interests. “Sab ka saath, sab ka vikas” as a slogan was evidently only a clever distraction, though initially it wasn’t seen in that light. Not sending Rs 15 lakh to the bank account of every Indian has turned out to be not the only “chunavi jumla” that BJP president Amit Shah alerted us to. The story of deepening joblessness and expanding poverty is too well-known to be re-told.

On the other hand, some perhaps can’t believe their luck. In September 2016, the sudden change of the Indian partner for the Rs 59,000 crore Rafale fighter aircraft deal with France, to which Rahul Gandhi recently drew pointed attention in the Lok Sabha, tells its own story of ignominy. It may be instructive to have the issue debated threadbare in parliament followed by the appointment of a joint parliamentary committee to examine the contract.
Rahul Gandhi hugging Narendra Modi. Credit: PTI

Rahul Gandhi hugging Narendra Modi. Credit: PTI

While corporate friendships now appear to go a long way, the fate of businesses as a whole does not look all that bright in the Modi raj. All other sections – the various rural classes and the urban underclass – have naturally been left to fend for themselves.

Oligarchy has taken hold in the political sphere as well. Now it is Messrs Modi and Shah all the way – a neat letterhead of political interests, which has an uncluttered past from the rough and ready Gujarat days. There was a third partner once, but he has quite literally retired hurt. It is doubtful the principals take too keen an interest in his whereabouts now, for he wasn’t exactly like them.

The original duo realise elections are near, and the mood in the party is glum. The deities of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh must therefore be appeased with vigour so that the ‘Hindu’ battalions may be galvanised when it matters. But here too there seems a problem – an unusual one. The warriors may have gone soft. They have been spoilt with power, with which comes attention and resources follow. How well does an overfed army fight?

That’s the question. But the deities must continue to be propitiated. That’s one reason why the mob violence that we see – the lynch mobs that mostly kill Muslims, the poor, or women in distress – cannot be stopped for now, no matter what the Supreme Court may say. Reverence will have to be shown to cow vigilantes and those who kill and intimidate intellectual and political dissenters. They are very much a part of the political oligarchy, which is permitted to stop at nothing.

If the mob attacks began near Delhi, the heart of the sultanate, with a poor Muslim villager named Akhlaq, among the most violent recent mob attacks has been the waylaying of Swami Agnivesh, an 80-year old saffron-robed Hindu monk and social activist who has not been afraid to speak up.

Social activist Swami Agnivesh after he was assaulted by Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha workers, during his visit to Pakur on Tuesday, July 17, 2018. Credit: PTI

The oligarchy form of political management has had a particular kind of effect in the BJP, the foremost of which is that people keep their woes to themselves and those outside the charmed circle nurse their grievance in silence. Sushma Swaraj, Nitin Gadkari, L.K. Advani sat through the recent no-trust debate impassively.

Rahul Gandhi making pointed references in the Lok Sabha to not just the Rafale contract, but also the sudden good fortune of Shah’s son, which was practically blanked out in the media, may have liberated these saffron leading lights from their fears.

The only senior to hold forth was Rajnath Singh, who appears to enjoy basking in reflected glory. Speaking of Rajput warriors whose lives hold a lesson, he seems to prefer the Jaichand model of acquiescence to that of Prithviraj Chauhan, who took up the challenge when he faced one.

Anand P. Sahay is a Delhi-based journalist.

Source : The Wire
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#364 [Permalink] Posted on 8th August 2018 07:43
Soldiers, Soldiering, and Bigotry

I am not surprised that civilians on my page are surprised that such a large proportion of Hindu military officers (serving and retired, equally) are bigots, xenophobes, and far less than gentlemen when it comes to Muslims.

I am surprised that actual military officers (mostly retired) on my timeline (which is filled with mostly liberal humanists) are surprised.

My uniformed friends, you did serve with these same people not long ago. Are you telling me you were not witness to any of this? Were you blind or deaf or merely ignorant and naive? I was not even IN the forces, but only adjunct to it as part of a defence family, but even I am acutely aware of this so-called new phenomenon. Have you not heard your fellow officers speak of Muslims before? Have you not been part of conversations where they rue that they get only 2 Hindu festival leaves while the Muslims get 3? Where were you when your brother officers spoke in terms of "them" and "these people"? What were you doing when your friend who was in charge of perimeter security simply heard the name of the person caught grazing sheep inside and ordered him beaten and thrown out, while on the very same night, for the very same crime, another person with another name was asked to be only reprimanded and let out of the gates? How did you miss the obvious Muslims = Pakistanis connotations that are not even "nudge-nudge, wink-wink" any more (were they ever?) being spoken of lightly and quite publicly in cocktail parties? Did you not notice the "I am Sikh, he is Ghati, that chap is Tambi, and that one is Mossy." at all? Who do you think your fellow officers were referring to when they said, "M"s? Did you not laugh at circumcision jokes while in uniform?

Who are you kidding by claiming surprise at this "new" turn of events?

All your bluster of "Sarv Dharma Sthals" and "The officer is whatever religion the unit is" and "The Maulana gave a rousing sermon on Janmashtami" and "A soldier is a soldier, and has no other religion" is not exactly crap and bullshit, but it is at the very least cherry-picking. That is not how soldiers think. No, not the lowest of ranks, and not the Generals. They are all as bigoted and as close-minded as the racial stock that they are drawn from. The uniform, the gun, and the training is not a 1-shot-cures-all antidote to all the indoctrination they have grown up with. It cannot be. At the end of the day, where do you think the man in uniform came from? Do you think he was independent of this society? Do you think there's some special genetic stock from which he's made that allows him to divorce himself from the surroundings he grew up in, lives with, and has to go back to?

Soldiers are not all ideal humans just by virtue of their being soldiers as is projected to be. It never was. Over the years, the uniform, the chivalry, the shiny medals, the seemingly polished behaviour, the messes and clubs, the segregation from the civilian population, the honours, the band, the music, the fancy titles and awards, are all about one and only one thing: Creating a human who is trained to follow orders and kill, but instead of feeling inferior like a slave, is made to feel superior with all the pomp and show. Over centuries, this has taken on a life of itself and the myth has been sold so well that not only the people targeted by it (the ones in uniform) believe in it, but even outsiders, like civilians, have bought into it lock, stock, and barrel.

In fact, this has been the reason for so many dictatorships and martial laws in the world that by now, it should have been obvious that these are just flesh-and-blood humans with the same human foibles and weaknesses. It is just that their training involves following orders, and hence are easier and quicker to organise. Also, they have access to weapons and communications. Add to that, the pride that is built into the system, along with the aura that the civilian population sees around them, and you have a potentially explosive mixture.

Nehru and Patel were right to fear a military dictatorship. They wrote long letters to each other, and to the Governor-General (Mountbatten) about this, and their ideas about reforming the armed forces post-independence. A big reason why India has remained free from this poison of military dictatorship till now is these two stalwarts (lucky us that we got them at the right time) spent so much of their time and efforts in ensuring that not only would India be born as a democracy, but would survive long into the future as one, even while others collapsed around it and succumbed to the temptation of the General in the shiny brass-buttoned uniform.

Now, I know what you are thinking. So, let me volunteer some answers: Do I hate them? Goodness no! I was brought up in the Air Force. My father served his entire life. My brother gave up his on duty. So, no. Do I feel proud of them? I cannot help it. I am conditioned to. I get a lump in my throat when I see a parade or hear "Sare Jahan Se Accha". I get goose pimples when I watch a fly-past. I feel possessive towards a man in uniform. I have a sense of ownership and pride when someone points out how clean and disciplined cantonment areas or defence establishments are. I have a connection I cannot describe. So, no. I do not hate them.

Do I think they are special? Yes, in the same way a doctor or an engineer or a lawyer or a mason or a carpenter is. They are professionals assigned to do a professional job in a specific area. Surely, there are those that are good at it, and those that suck. But are they inherently superior humans because they put on a uniform? Hell, no. Your costume does not decide whether or not you are a good human. Only your actions do.

Do I think the world would be a better place without men trained to kill on command? No, I am not that naive, utopian, or impractical. As long as there is a struggle for limited resources (as it seems in far into the future), such people will be necessary. My only contention is that we must neither ascribe to them such moral authority over us as to be blind to the fact that they are just like us in many ways, nor fantasise that if only everyone was like them (in a society where the uniforms actually made the rules, adjudicated on them, and enforced them), the world would be a better place.

One more thing before I end:
Would I like my daughter to don a uniform? Ah, that question everyone keeps ending with whenever I speak on this subject. Here's the answer: I hope she doesn't care what I like or dislike when she chooses how she wants to lead her life. If it is the uniform that attracts her, I shall be the proud parent sitting in the shamiana trying to spot her from the parade, where everyone looks the same. If it is poetry she wishes to write, I shall be the proud parent who'll read it out to my friends without caring whether they are getting bored. If it is business she prefers, I will be the proud parent to claim that I always knew this. But here's the bottom line: it does not matter. Whether Kymaia chooses a life in uniform is none of my concern and irrelevant to this answer.

To conclude: The military man is just one of us. To expect him to somehow have higher morals than those of the general society around him is stupid and naive at best, and dangerous at worst.

Source : Kedar Anil Gadgil
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#365 [Permalink] Posted on 8th August 2018 07:45
Essential Rejoinder to Above Post by the Same Author

Kedar Anil Gadgil

I wrote a post with the following summary: “The average officer in the armed forces is as bigoted and xenohphobic as the average educated Indian. The military man is just one of us. To expect him to somehow have higher morals than those of the general society around him is stupid and naive at best, and dangerous at worst."

Many people shared. I received many friend requests. Also, many people followed my public posts.

Then, I realised that a large proportion of them are Muslims, and many of them are as bigoted as the very people I was writing against. AAAARGH! You IDIOTS. Once you know my views on religion, including yours, I am sure you’ll think I have “betrayed” you or something. Sigh! Can you not see how this applies equally to you? I am commenting on the entire Indian society as a whole. I am not defending Islam! You nutcases. You are as stupid and narrow-minded as your Hindutva counterparts.

Source : Facebook Post
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#366 [Permalink] Posted on 9th August 2018 09:17
Delhi Terrorized Every Year in August

The Hindustan Times asked why is Delhi scared every Kanwad season.

Kanwad is a flimsy balance like frame to carry holy water to local Shiva temple from river Ganga in the rainy season of India and the date usually falls in the month of August.

Progressively the devotees who bring water, called Kawandiyas, have been becoming more and more aggressive. There is drinking, drugs and there are any number of charitable people providing free food. Even young girls have been joining the activity for many years.

A few days ago a lady driver honked at these people and had the following harrowing experience.

So the short reply to Hindustan Times question is that for about 90 years India has been experimenting with aggressive Saffron brand of Hinduism and now the chickens have come home to roost.

I hope now that the majority community herself is at the receiving end may the majority community will wake up to the harsh reality that Muslims have been facing ever since independence.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#367 [Permalink] Posted on 10th August 2018 06:02
SC/ST Commission summons Aligarh Muslim University VC

Written By: Vinod Kumar Shukla Published: Wednesday, August 8, 2018, 21:48 [IST]

SC/ST Commission summons Aligarh Muslim University VC National Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Commission has asked vice chancellor of the university to appear before it on August 9. The commission is committed to provide reservation to Dalits in these institutions. Now the commission will tighten its noose on Jamia Milia Islamia as well. Chairman of National Scheduled Caste Commission Ram Shankar Katheria said that he was committed to get reservation implemented in these institutions. He said that Aligarh Muslim University utilized over Rs 7000 crore in the past 10 years. If the institution is getting financial assistance from the government why can't it follow constitutional provisions to provide reservations to SCs and others. He said that Aligarh Muslim University was not a minority institution. This is simply a Central University and every rule and instruction as per Indian constitution is applicable here. Katheria further said that a five-member constitution bench of the Supreme Court ruled in 1968 that Aligarh Muslim University was a Central University not a minority institution. He said that university tries to get away by referring the decision of Justice Arun Tandon of 2005. University is saying that it is not bound to follow the reservation policy of constitution Under section 15 (5) Article 30. High Court in its decision rejected the amendment Act 1981 of the Centre that it was not as per essence of constitution. However, the court ruled the 1967 decision as correct that Aligarh Muslim University is not a minority institution. Katheria asked that why did the university not implement reservation before 2005. He said that the Supreme Court decisions in 1968, 2005 and 2006 Aligarh Muslim University must provide reservation to SC, ST and OBC students. The Commission has convened a meeting in this regard in which AMU VC, registrar, secretary Union Human Resource Development ministry, secretary social welfare ministry and chairman university grant commission participate. He said that decision to SC in AMU might be taken after this meeting. However, the matter is still in the court.

Read more at: www.oneindia.com/india/sc-st-commission-summons-aligarh-m...
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#368 [Permalink] Posted on 10th August 2018 07:37
A Facebook Friend's Brush with an Islamophobe

Had the coveted opportunity to be friends for a few hours with this particular LIBERAL GANDU ( Closet Chaddi) who wanted me to agree that Kashmir humara hain but Kashmiris nahin , Sab Kashmiri terrorist hain, islam preaches terrorism, islam breeds illiteracy and poverty, Kashmiri Pandits are the most prosecuted people in india, illegal Bengali Muslim immigrant from Bangladesh and Rohingyas are the only reason why india is not seeing achche din, madrasas are terror factories etc etc etc
Bhai sharmao Mat , GARV SE KAHO HUM HYPOCRITES HAIN , HUMARI CHADDI KHAKI HAIN , HUM CLOSET SANGHI , HAIN, HUME ISLAMOPHOBIA KI BIMARI HAIN aur HUM SELECTIVE ATHEIST HAIN !

It was nice knowing you and yes , **** u very much 😘😘
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#369 [Permalink] Posted on 10th August 2018 10:55
Maripat wrote:
View original post

lol!
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#370 [Permalink] Posted on 10th August 2018 15:57
Mini Tanksalwala on Qur'an, Islam, Muslims

"If the Quran and ahadith aren’t sufficient, look at 14 centuries of killing. Islam didn’t spread from out of the Arabian Peninsula and cover Morocco to Indonesia with peace and love. You could ask the (conservative estimate of) 80 million Hindus killed during the conquest of India or the cultures of North Africa (remember Carthage?) utterly destroyed with the spread of Islam, but of course, they’re gone. But it’s not just ancient history, it’s happening daily to Yazidi, Christian Nigerians and more, by people following the letter of the law as dictated by the Quran. As there are far too many surahs and ahadith instructing Muslims to kill unbelievers, here is a taste. The penultimate surah chronologically is number 9, the most violent of the surahs. 9:5 "So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captive and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them." Note that it says when the sacred months have passed. This means they were not under attack. If they were, the Quran commanded them to defend themselves so there would have been no waiting. 9:29 “Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.” Note that this abrogates any remaining verse saying Christians and Jews are safe. Just to make sure that Jews and Christians are to be included in conquest, four verses later is: 9:33 “It is He who has sent His Messenger with guidance and the religion of truth to manifest it over all religion, although they who associate others with Allah dislike it.” A couple more samples from the second to last surah: 9:73 O Prophet, fight against the disbelievers and the hypocrites and be harsh upon them. And their refuge is Hell, and wretched is the destination. 9:123 "O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness." Many, MANY more surah verses commanding violence, especially Medinan verses. Just one more Medinan verse for you, 66:9 O Prophet, strive against the disbelievers and the hypocrites and be harsh upon them. And their refuge is Hell, and wretched is the destination. Let’s not forget ahadith. Sahih Muslim 1:30 "The Messenger of Allah said: I have been commanded to fight against people so long as they do not declare that there is no god but Allah." Sahih Muslim 31:5917 describes Muhammad’s general, Ali, going off to fight but pausing and asking why these people are to be attacked. Muhammad’s response was because they are not Muslim. “Ali went a bit and then halted and did not look about and then said in a loud voice: Allah’s Messenger, on what issue should I fight the people? Thereupon he (the Prophet) said: Fight with them until they bear testimony to the fact that there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is his Messenger” Plenty more in Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim, but I leave you with what is probably the coldest and most callous utterance from Muhammad, quoted several times in both sets of the two most trusted (authentic) collections of ahadith. When informed that during an attack on unbelievers (attacked for nothing but being polytheists) that innocent women and children were killed, he responded “They are from them.”

(I wrote a reply to query on a Tasleema Nasreen question on Facebook. Above comment is another reply. The question insinuated that the Noble Qur'an incites Muslims to kill non-Muslims.)
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#371 [Permalink] Posted on 11th August 2018 05:55
To have an idea how difficult it has become to defend Islam and Muslims today have a look at this video.
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#372 [Permalink] Posted on 13th August 2018 06:29
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#373 [Permalink] Posted on 18th August 2018 07:05
अटल से जो नहीं टला

अटल बिहारी वाजपेयी (1924-2018) को युग पुरुष घोषित करने की होड़ के बीच उनका एक सरसरी सम्यक मूल्यांकन भी संभव है| उनके 1998-2004 के प्रधानमन्त्री के अंतिम एक वर्ष को छोड़कर मुझे उनकी सुरक्षा एजेंसी, एसपीजी में काम करने का मौका मिला| सुरक्षाकर्मियों के लिए वाजपेयी स्वयं मृदुभाषी और सहज रहे; नखरे दिखाने को दामाद रंजन भट्टाचार्य और कभी झल्लाने के लिए मंत्री प्रमोद महाजन होते थे| सुरक्षा घेरे के लिए मोदी को दूर रखने के इशारे थे|

प्रधानमंत्री वाजपेयी के कार्यकाल में एनरान और यूटीआई घोटाले; परमाणु बम विस्फोट का रणनीतिक आत्मघात; ग्रैहम स्टेंस जैसा हिंदुत्व धर्म परिवर्तन केन्द्रित कांड; कश्मीर पहल, लाहौर बस यात्रा, कारगिल युद्ध, मुशर्रफ आगरा शिखर वार्ता जैसे जमीनी पाकिस्तान सन्देश; संसद पर अपमानजनक हमला; सफल कारोबारी क्लिंटन शिखर वार्ता; जन-विरोधी विनिवेश और टोल हाई वे पालिसी; आडवाणी से तनाव; गुजरात संहार का धक्का और राज धर्म सलाह की गूंज के साथ शाइनिंग इंडिया से साक्षात्कार और शासन पर दामाद की जकड़ से भी इत्तेफाक हुआ| आडवाणी ने प्रधानमन्त्री अमले में अपना ‘गुर्गा’ सुधीन्द्र कुलकर्णी घुसा रखा था और दामाद के साथ एक न्यूनतम राशि उद्धृत किये जाने का चलन था|

बेहद हास्यास्पद होता जब राजीव गाँधी की नकल में वाजपेयी के जन्म दिन-नव वर्ष धमाल आयोजित किये जाते| केरल के कुमारकम में तो दिन गुजरने मुश्किल हो गए| वैसे उन्हें स्वयं ख़ुशी मनाली के घर पर पहाड़ों की धूप में वक्त बिता कर ही होती| वहां रची गयी सतही कविताई पर उस दौर के हर भाजपायी भक्त और बौद्धिक चाटुकार को नाज करते देखा जा सकता था|

जैसा भोजन प्रेम उनका था शायद वे ताऊ देवी लाल को भी पिछाड़ देते| विदेशों में औपचारिक रात्रि भोज की शाम कभी-कभी आप उन्हें तीन बार डिनर करते पा सकते थे| और फिर आधी रात में पाचक दवाएं लेते भी| इस लिए वजन पर नियंत्रण नहीं था और इस लिए दोनों घुटने बदलवाने पड़े| चलने में दर्द इस कदर बढ़ गया था कि न्यूयॉर्क में पहली बार व्हील चेयर दी गयी तो ख़ुशी-ख़ुशी बैठ गए और इस अनुभव के चलते काफी समय गोल्फ कार्ट के सहारे गुजरा|

प्रधानमन्त्री के रूप में भी उनकी हाजिर जवाबी और श्रोताओं को बांधने की कला के तो सभी कायल होंगे| राष्ट्रपति क्लिंटन के साथ व्हाइट हाउस में समां बंध गया जब वाजपेयी ने कोलंबस वाली टिप्पणी की- कहीं गलती से कोलंबस ने बजाय अमेरिका के भारत को खोज निकाला होता तो आज हम भारतीय कहाँ होते!

लेकिन अटल के व्यक्तित्व में गहन प्रेम का पक्ष प्रायः चर्चा में नहीं लाया गया| हालाँकि, वे इस मामले में पूर्व प्रधानमन्त्री चंद्रशेखर की तरह ‘लाउड’ कभी नहीं हुये| मीडिया की चुप्पी ने भी इस ब्रम्हचारी की ‘नैतिक’ कवायद में पूरा साथ दिया|

2004 में वाजपेयी की हार को गुजरात संहार और यूटीआई घोटाले ने संभव किया था| कहीं तब गुजरात की मोदी सरकार बर्खास्त कर दी गयी होती, और यूटीआई घोटाले में तो शाइनिंग इंडिया के कट्टर समर्थक मध्य वर्ग का ही पैसा डूबा था! अटल भी इस कर्म फल को टाल नहीं सके- मोदी को बचाने में संघ ने आडवाणी को आगे कर दिया और यूटीआई में दामाद रंजन का नाम उछलने पर स्वयं वाजपेयी ने इस्तीफे की धमकी दे डाली|

अटल के लिए मोदी राजनीतिक उद्दंड रहे लेकिन चुनौती नहीं| मोदी के लिए अटल हमेशा राजनीतिक चुनौती का आदर्श बने रहेंगे| यह भी स्पष्ट है, न वक्तृता और विश्वसनीयता में और न स्वीकार्यता में मोदी को अटल के समकक्ष रखा जायेगा| इसलिए, अटल को श्रद्धांजलि के अवसर पर, 2019 के नतीजों के सूत्र भी 2004 चुनाव के सन्दर्भ में तलाशा जा सकता है| जो ‘पप्पू’ तब मुकाबले में था, वही आज भी है| जब भारतीय वोटर अटल को धुल चटा सकता है, मोदी को क्यों नहीं?

Google Translation

Who did not turn away from Atal

It is also possible to evaluate a cursory evaluation between Atal Bihari Vajpayee (1924-2018) and the competition to declare an age man. Except for the last one year of his 1998-2004 Prime Minister, I got an opportunity to work in his security agency, SPG. For the security personnel, Vajpayee himself was soft-spoken and comfortable; The son-in-law Ranjan Bhattacharya and the Pramod Mahajan were the only ones to shout out. There were gestures to keep Modi away for the security circle. |

Enran and UTI scams during Prime Minister Vajpayee's tenure; Strategic suicide of nuclear bomb explosion; Hindutva religion change like Graham Stains centered; Kashmir Initiative, Lahore Bus Tour, Kargil War, Musharraf Agra Summit; Abusive attack on Parliament; Successful Business Clinton Summit; Anti-Public Disinvestment and Toll High Way Policy; Stress from Advani; With the shouting of Gujarat's elephant and echo of Raj Dharma Advice, interviewing Shining India and son-in-law on the rule of the son also happened. Advani had kept his 'Gurga' Sudhindra Kulkarni in the Prime Minister Amla and was the currency of quoting a minimum amount with son-in-law.

It would be ridiculous when Rajiv Gandhi's mock-ups were organized on Vajpayee's birthday-New Year Dhamal. In Kerala Kumar Kumar, it was difficult to pass the day By the way, he would have been happily spending time in the mountainous sunshine at Manali's house On the surface poetry created there, it was possible to deny every BJP devotee and intellectual goat of that era.

Like their love of food, perhaps they would give up tau devi lal You could have been able to have dinner for three times in the evening on a formal dinner in foreign countries And then take digestive medicines in the middle of the night Therefore, there was no control over weight and therefore both knees had to be replaced The pain in walking had increased so much that in New York, a wheelchair was sat for the first time, and because of this experience, long time traveled with golf carts.

As the Prime Minister, he will be convinced of his attentiveness and the art of tying the audience. The President agreed with President Clinton in the White House when Vajpayee made a comment with Columbus - if accidentally Columbus had invented America instead of India, then where would we be Indians now!

But in the personality of Atal, the side of intense love was not often brought to the discussion However, in this case, never before, 'loud' like Chandra Shekhar, former Prime Minister The silence of the media also gave full support to this brahmin's 'moral' drill

In 2004, the defeat of Vajpayee was possible by the Gujarat Samhara and UTI scandal Wherever the Modi government of Gujarat was sacked, and in the UTI scandal, the shocking supporters of Shining India, the middle class was submerged! Atal also could not avoided this action fruit- the consortium forwarded Advani to save Modi, and after the name of son-in-law Ranjeet, in UTI, Vajpayee threatened to resign himself.

Modi is politically disorganized for Atal but not a challenge. | Atal for Modi will always remain the ideal of political challenge It is also clear, that in Modi's speech and credibility, and in acceptance, Modi will be kept in the same position as Atal. Therefore, on the occasion of the tribute to Atal, the sources of the consequences of 2019 can also be searched in the context of 2004 elections. The 'Pappu' which was in combat then is still there When the Indian voter can wash Atal, why not Modi?
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#374 [Permalink] Posted on 21st August 2018 09:46
Girl School Experience from India

(It has spoiled my mood completely and I do not want you to go through the same but these issues bother me so much that I have to share this. This is a Facebook post by a lady teacher. Rest of the matter is from the original.)

I have removed the matter since readers can not take it.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#375 [Permalink] Posted on 29th August 2018 06:03
Social Activists Arrested Across India

Those arrested include Telugu language poet Varavara Rao in Hyderabad, activists Vernon Gonzalves and Arun Ferreira in Mumbai, journalist Gautam Navlakha in New Delhi, and civil rights lawyer Sudha Bhardwaj in Faridabad.

Source : Al Jazeerah
No post ratings

Jump to page: