Create an account
Most Reputable Members

India Diary

Jump to page:

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Topic Appreciation
Appreciate
The following members appreciate this topic: dr76, Jinn, abu mohammed, Maria al-Qibtiyya
Maripat
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd May 2015 09:32
The Preamble

If we could believe Wikipedia then India is home to ten percent of the Muslims of the world.
My fears are that the percentage should be considerably higher.
But that angle will distract us.

Some people say that India is the second largest Muslim country in the world.
And we shall allow that too to pass though India could be most populous Muslim country.

What will be incontrovertible is that in Muslim world affairs India can not be ignored.

So in this thread I invite my brothers and sisters to discuss affairs related to Indian Muslims.
report post quote code quick quote reply
Site Support
Please DONATE generously towards Muftisays

We spend hundreds of hours ensuring you receive a quality service from this site. We do not fall into the advertisement schemes as all the ads contain elements of Haraam including Haraam Islamic links. Please consider setting up a £1 monthly donation. May Allah (swt) reward you.

Maripat
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd May 2015 09:39
Arun Shourie Phenomenon

Karan Thapar interviews Arun Shourie on one year performance of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's government.

Arun Shourie = One of India's greatest right wing thinkers, member of Atal Bihari Vajpayee's cabinet, himself once upon a time great editor, a highly regarded author and now a much valued columnist

That was a mega introduction.
Unfortunately all true.

Performance of Modi government ?
Good in parts.

Focussed and reorientation in foreign policy for regarding China as the main challenge as is evident from energy put in various foreign visits.

Large number of MOU's even with China from agriculture to space but tarditionally we do not follow up.

Improved relations with US but he got to move faster for the Americans are getting impatient.
Above is not an advice but a suggestion.

Contradictory signals in Pakistan relations.

Every PM ithinks that he can improve relations with pakistan while earlier PMs failed.
Do not ignore the internal malady of MEA, ministery of External Affairs, while going for out of the box thinking. Consult Gen V. Raghavan and Shyam Saran. Ignoring Sushma Swaraj does not bode well.

Should the government move away from flash of moment thinking to more analytic and well thought out approach?

True in case of economy.

Economic handling is in a mess. There are various jigsaw puzzles lying around and no one putting them in a place. Industrialists not investing because of uncertainty. Meteor striking - like texation. In spite of some very good ideas economic handling is not very good.

JK Galbraith used to say that Indian economic planning consists of therpeutic targetry.

Government handling of institutions.
Either languishing or not attended to.
Many important posts lying vacant like CEC, CVC, many election commissioners and cabinet secretary.
Does that worry you? A: Yes

Government moved fast to change governors very fast.
Are the new appointees better?
They are the same.
Power is being centralized in PMO.

Amitabh Kant and some others are doing good job and putting in hard work.

PMO consists of same type of beaurocrats and its expertize is no greater.

Uses of ordinances including land acquisition of land and hence udermining the parliament.

By expansing your footprints fast in parliament and 323 seats and 31 % votes you have frightened the other two third people.

David Hume : Who is it who is not ruined by his own nature.

Modi+Jaitley+Amit Shah.
Party consists of three people only.

What about Love Jihad and Ghar wapasi targetting Muslims and Christians respectively.
This has created fears amongst minorities.

Christman was christened as Good Governance Day.

Do Christians have the right to be upset?
A: Yes.

When a person like Ribeiro who, together with KPS Gill, saved Punjab for India says that he feels threatened my dear friend things have gone too far.

ISIS is at our door steps. You create Love Jihad and Muradabad riots. If even hundred youth get the idea that we are not going to get justice here and let us join ISIS then you have a problem at hand.

Modi

In last thirty years he is the first man to get a clear cut mandate.
Has he made a smooth transition from chief minister of Gujrat to PM?
In foreign policy yes, in economy he is focussing on large projects.
As a PM you are watched much more.

PM is also a moral leader.
Silent on Love Jihad and silent other things.
Should he speak more often?
If you tweet on Sania Mirza's victory then you should also on Love Jihad and the like otherwise people draw inferences and that is not good.

Ten Lakh Suit: was that lapse of judgement or a critical mistake?
Lapse of judgement can be critical mistakes!
I do not know how such thing could happen.

Lower your profile, suggestion to government as a whole.
Embrace others.

First Six Months : sound of plates is heard but food is not served.

Above was Akbar Ilahabadi couplet.
He also cited a Faiz couplet too about broken promises.

No post ratings
True Life
Rank Image
Longevity:
60%
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd May 2015 09:49
I wonder why Indian Muslims are forced to dislike & hold a grudge against Pakistan to be accepted by the Indian community? This is not supposed to start another India-Pak seperation debate, but do Indian Muslims really hate Pakistan? I think many Pakistanis wonder this...
Like x 1
Agree x 3
Winner x 1
Muadh_Khan
Rank Image
Longevity:
40%
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd May 2015 13:19

Maripat wrote:
View original post

A famous Deobandi institute is about to launch a magazine in English, Urdu, Arabic etc and are inviting writers. They are looking for writers so I was told by a Maulana to submit an application although I am neither an Alim nor a writer or an Indian.

I complied with Maulana’s request. I was sent an application form to complete and submit with a photograph.

The pdf document CANNOT be filled out so has to printed and then completed by hand and then I am supposed to glue my photograph then scan the whole image (of the completed form) and sent as an image.

The communication is written in Urdu.

The form is in bad English.

I have a number of questions for you.

1. My kidney consultant is a South Indian Muslim.
  2. My knee Surgeon is a Hyderabadi Indian Muslim.
  3. I am working with a top IT designer who is a Muslim from UP.
  4. I know hunderds of Professional Indian Muslims
  5. India leads the world in IT outsourcing and expertise

Considering the background why is the Indian (Deobandi) scene so abysmally unprofessional and BAD? There is NOT A SINGLE Deobandi (Indian) Islamic site which is professional, up to date and according to standards.

I know that if I give this feedback (no matter how honest) to this institute I will be blacklisted, blocked on twitter etc.

I am sure that there are tons of Muslim Professionals in India who would love to serve Islam so why is the Indian (Muslim) scene so abysmally backwards? 

I know why (Pakistani) Deoabndi institutes are so unprofessional but why Indian?

Agree x 2
Muadh_Khan
Rank Image
Longevity:
40%
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd May 2015 13:25

True Life wrote:
View original post

Indian Muslims generally believe that Pakistanees abandoned them and they are left to pay the price for the betrayal and their loyalties are continuously questioned. Indian Muslims have lived in that land for thousands of years and they believe it’s the Pakistanees who abandoned their homeland and migrated.

Indian Muslims are told to make HIjra from lands of disbelievers which gets a totally bemused look because India has been their land for hundreds of years.

What fuels the fire is that Indian Muslims believe that mutineers took their Pakistan and it is an abysmal failure so not only (Indian Muslims) are paying the price but the mutiny has been an abysmal failure.

There is some justification in this line of thinking.

No post ratings
Abdullah1
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 2nd May 2015 14:51
People who don't know what darul uloom deoband is, will never try to even visit the website because it is very backward. And every thing there seems to be messed up.
Darul uloom should try to improve its website, InnAllaha Jameelun Yuhibb ul-Jamaal
Agree x 1
Maripat
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 4th May 2015 06:29
True Life wrote:
View original post

Muadh_Khan wrote:
View original post

I got to clarify the situation.

Indian Muslims do not hate Pakistan at all.
They simply love it.
And that is the rule.
The exception is that some modern educated Muslims have become aware of the intensity of hatred for Pakistan in the hearts of so many of the majority community of India.
These Muslims have become critical of Pakistan.
Most of Indian Muslims still have a fondness for Pakistan and it shows in those designer attitudes where some of them want a century for a Muslim player in Indian team but the team also should lose to Pakistan.

That Indian Muslims are paying the price of creation of Pakistan is solely my own observation and it is not universal at all. So if I articulate my views effectively then it does not make it the dominant view.

That Pakistan has not been managed well after independence is sort of universal view in India.
But now I am diverging on that interpretation too.
Already I feel sacrifices of Pakistani Muslims for Ummah are on a very high level.
They have my utmost respect and regards.

So some of these views are not the same as these were, say, four years ago but this is a fact well acknowledged that our thinking grows.

Like x 1
Maripat
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 4th May 2015 07:52
Quote:
Karan Thapar : Many important posts lying vacant like CEC, CVC, many election commissioners and cabinet secretary.
Does that worry you?
Arun Shourie : Yes

Is there anyone who worries about Ummah?
No post ratings
Muadh_Khan
Rank Image
Longevity:
40%
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 5th May 2015 20:10

TrueLife wrote:
I wonder why Indian Muslims are forced to dislike & hold a grudge against Pakistan

Maripat wrote:
Already I feel sacrifices of Pakistani Muslims for Ummah are on a very high level. They have my utmost respect and regards.

Loading tweet

Creative x 1
Maripat
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 6th May 2015 07:27
Oh no Khan sahab! I did not mean that Damad, son-in-law, of Nawaz Sharif has made great sacrifices.
No post ratings
Maripat
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 15th May 2015 08:33
Murder of Asma Javed

Here is a Hindi news item.
Google her name for English news reports.
Maripat
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 25th May 2015 08:29
Congratulate Me : I Got a certificate

Congratulate me. I got a certificate of loyalty from home minister of India. Not personally but collectively.

Here are the relevant passages from the Indian Express.

Quote:
Contending that terrorism should not be associated with any particular religion, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Sunday said Muslims in India are nationalists who have always opposed terrorist elements. He lauded India’s Muslims for not allowing fundamentalist groups like ISIS to influence them.

Responding to questions here after an event, he said terrorism should not be associated with a particular religion. “Muslims in India are nationalists. They have always opposed such (terror) elements. They have opposed and demoralised them,” the Union Home Minister said. He said several countries in the world are facing the menace of terrorism and they should fight unitedly against it.

Mr Singh told the truth.
Indian Muslims have contributed little to this so called Islamic terrorism.
And this is a fact well known that amongst Muslims in general there are very serious reservations about the activities being carried out in the name of G!h@d.
And India is a unique country even in these matters.
Extensive atrocities have been committed upon Indian Muslims in last 68 years after independence of India but Indian Muslims don't have even movements like Palestine. Indian Muslim has imposed much stronger faith in Indian political system.

To be fair Indian dispensation is not as inhuman and draconian as Zionist.
And though there was a danger of it becoming like Zionism but for the time being the danger has passed for at least lthis last one year.

Just before the elections one year ago another BJP leader, Murli Manohar Joshi, when asked about Muslim security said that Muslims should fear Allah.

This was really heart breaking. A non-Muslim reminding us about our faith.
It was ckear that he knew a thing or two about our faith.
We had abandoned our faith to the extent that he and others thought that we were not imposing enough faith in Allah (SWT).

Above statement by Singh too is heart breaking.
We Muslims of India have known this all the time for we have practicing what Sigh admitted.
So why did we need a certificate from him?
Don't we have our Lord Most High and our beloved Prophet (SAW) for us?
No post ratings
Maripat
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 30th May 2015 08:55
US Congressional Committee's Hearing on Religious Minorities in India

I suppose India will now face some international scrutiny.

Quote:

A key United States Congressional committee has called for a public hearing on the rights and freedoms of religious minorities in India to be held early next month.

The Tom Lantos Human Rights Commission has invited experts from India, the US and the United Kingdom to testify before it at the US Congress on June 3.

The hearing would be led by Congressman Patrick Meehan, co-chair of the American Sikh Caucus, Congressmen Joseph Pitts and Jim McGovern, co-chairs of the Tom Lantos Human Rights Commission.

No US government official would testify before the committee. This briefing will outline the important legal, social and cultural issues related to the persecution of minorities in India, according to a media report.

Panelists include Rev Joshva Raja, research supervisor, University of Amsterdam; Iqtidar Karamat Cheema, director, Institute for Leadership and Community Development, United Kingdom; and Professor Gurdarshan Sing Dhillon, professor of history (retired), Punjab University.

Source : Rediff
No post ratings
Black Turban
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 30th May 2015 15:17
India heat wave tests water supply as deaths near 2,000

Dizzying temperatures have caused water shortages in thousands of Indian villages and killed hundreds more people over the past day, driving the death toll from a weeks-long heat wave to at least 1,826, officials have said.

Hospitals were urged to give emergency treatment to people suffering from heatstroke as authorities on Friday cancelled doctors' leave, set up water distribution points and warned people not to venture out.

"The main thing is prevention in this situation to ensure that preventive measures are being taken," said Charan Singh, additional director of public health in Delhi, where top temperatures have hit 45 degrees Celsius.

Meteorological officials have called the heat wave "severe" and warned that it would continue for at least another two days across a huge swath of the South Asian country from Tamil Nadu in the south to the Himalayan foothill state of Himachal Pradesh.

Most of those killed by heat-related conditions including dehydration and heat stroke, have been in the southern states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, where 100 people died on Thursday as temperatures hovered at about 43 degrees Celsius. (Al Jazeera)
Arfatzafar
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 31st May 2015 07:05
Cheraman Juma Masjid: A 1,000-year-old lamp burns in this mosque

May 31, 2015, 06.44AM IST TNN

KOCHI: Inside the Cheraman Juma Masjid, the first mosque in India and probably one of the oldest shrines in the world, burns an oil lamp which is believed to be more than a 1,000 years old. People of all faith bring oil for the lamp as offering, underlining its secular standing in Kerala.
The masjid is believed to be established in 629 AD. An inscription in Arabi-Malayalam language on the gate of the masjid gives the date as 5 Hijri.
According to legend, Cheraman Perumal, the king of Kodungallur, once had an unusual dream of the moon splitting into two. He shared this with traders from Arabia who interpreted the dream as a message from the Prophet. Cherman Perumal, it is said, travelled to Madina to meet the Prophet and embraced Islam. But he died on his way back and is now buried in Salalah, Oman. Before dying, he instructed his travel companions, led by a companion of the Prophet, Malik Bin Dinar, to spread the message of Islam in his homeland.
This group of travellers came to Kerala and established the Cheraman Masjid and other mosques in the state. The place is called Cheraman Malik Nagar in honour of Perumal and Dinar.The masjid has seen some renovations over the years but the original hall and internal structure have been preserved.

m.timesofindia.com/india/Cheraman-Juma-Masjid-A-1000-year...
Back to top Post New Topic

Jump to page: