Create an account
Most Reputable Members
  1. Muadh_Khan +5173
  2. Taalibah +4717
  3. abu mohammed +3762
  4. Roukaya19 +3241
  5. Seifeddine-M +2693
  6. Jinn +1878
  7. dr76 +1702
  8. umar123 +1640
  9. Sulaiman84 +1464
  10. AishaZaynap +1222

I'm not comfortable with cousins marrying

You have contributed 24.0% of this topic

Thread Tools
Post New Topic Reply Filter by poster  
Topic Appreciation
Appreciate
The following members appreciate this topic: rizmalek
1 guest appreciates this topic.
stopincest
Rank Image
Offline
Joined:
30th Jan 2011
Longevity:
0%
Location:
Unspecified
Posts:
17
Gender:
Brother
Reputation:
-534
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 31st January 2011 18:14
I don't want to be rude to anyone but please please stop this cousin marriage thing happing in this day and age in the world we live in today or at least UK EU US because look at it this way your cousins share the same grand parents meaning they share the same blood line as you it would be like marring your own brother and sister so the people who think that its right to marry there cousin should just marry there brother or sister why draw the line if you think that its right to marry your cousin?

The main reasons why this corrupt practice is still followed and is ever growing in the Muslim world because of family pressure because the family want to keep there Property, Land, Jewellery, Money and wealth in the family and a lack of education along with village culture and the greed of coming to UK EU USA because UK has a benefit system along with free health care known as the NHS (National Health Service) every one on benefits is treated free of charge, and because theses families are uneducated and stupid they are all on benefits just to rub more salt in the wound they are known to abuse the benefit system in many different ways. They try to send as much benefit money as possible back to there poor families often living in poor housing or no housing at all, In most cases- they also have lots of children If your thinking why do they have lots of children its because they are uneducated they don't have a job so that's the only why they keep there self's busy and they live in a joint family system meaning they have an extra load on there backs in the event of old parents to look after


I am sure that for a Visa and passport to the countries mentioned above they would do any thing

Also the people who incest marry cousins there children are born with major mental and physical defects along with learning difficulties and the kids suffer through no fault of there own and because the parents are un educated and are unaware of genetic problems that can be caused by cousin marriage think that it's the will of god (ALLAH DI MARZI) as shown in Dispatches When I marry my cousin programme, it is NOT the will of Allah it is made the will of Allah by parents who want children to marry there cousins why would Allah want any one to have a disabled child?

UK should educate these people in as many ways as possible in there own languages about the dangers of Incest cousin marriage yes it will cost money but the money that this education campaign would cost would be less then the treatment of Insect cousin marriage children in total

This corrupt practice must cost the NHS millions and millions of pounds MAYBE IF THE NHS REFUSE TO TREAT THESE INCEST COUSIN MARRIAGE CHILDREN
THEN THE PARENTS OF THE KIDS WHO WANT THEM TO MARRY THERE COUSINS MIGHT HAVE SECOND THOUGHTS ?

At least children living in UK EU US should refuse this kind of marriage
no matter what the outcome is of that refusal and they should seek help from places like the forced marriage unit which is set up by the govt which I think is a very good step

Please stop this sick corrupt practice of incest cousin marriage if you want to save your future generations
report post quote code quick quote reply
Dislike x 14
Site Support
Please DONATE generously towards Muftisays

We spend hundreds of hours ensuring you receive a quality service from this site. We do not fall into the advertisement schemes as all the ads contain elements of Haraam including Haraam Islamic links. Please consider setting up a £1 monthly donation. May Allah (swt) reward you.

Guest-12917
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 31st January 2011 18:35
Quote:
Also the people who incest marry cousins there children are born with major mental and physical defects along with learning difficulties


WHAT a load of rubbish your talking.
report post quote code quick quote reply
Yasin
Yasin's avatar
Joined:
9th Sep 2004
Longevity:
100%
Location:
London, UK
Posts:
4371
Gender:
Brother
Reputation:
626
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 31st January 2011 18:39
Firstly, it's permissible.

Secondly, forcing this on anyone is not right.

Thirdly, it is not incest in Islam. Only to the west. Oddly enough, they're fine with gay and lesbian marriages.

And finally, the practice of asian familes to keep it within is shameful and Islam does not have any part in it.

InshaAllah when you have proper information on this topic and knowledge of the Islamic rulings, you can comment further if you still have issues with it.

I have also changed your subject line from "Cousin marriage is INCEST, Don't Do it" to "I'm not comfortable with cousins marrying"
report post quote code quick quote reply
Like x 11
Guest-12917
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 31st January 2011 18:54
How do you call it corrupt practice ? Lady fatima(ra) was marreid to her father's cousin(imam) Ali( ra) i dont see any thing wrong with imam hussain or imam hassan,they were well and healthy and stable..know your being all "west" look in to your own reletives,i am sure they all have stable healthy kids. DUH
report post quote code quick quote reply
ummi taalib
Rank Image
ummi taalib's avatar
Joined:
22nd Apr 2009
Longevity:
18%
Location:
Unspecified
Posts:
1384
Gender:
Sister
Reputation:
1158
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 31st January 2011 20:51
stopincest wrote:
Please stop this sick corrupt practice of incest cousin marriage if you want to save your future generations


Please think carefully...you are calling something which is permissible in Islam, "sick and corrupt". Quite dangerous for one's imaan
report post quote code quick quote reply
Like x 6
stopincest
Rank Image
Offline
Joined:
30th Jan 2011
Longevity:
0%
Location:
Unspecified
Posts:
17
Gender:
Brother
Reputation:
-534
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd February 2011 20:28
Anonymous wrote:
Quote:
Also the people who incest marry cousins there children are born with major mental and physical defects along with learning difficulties


WHAT a load of rubbish your talking.


There are studies which prove this
report post quote code quick quote reply
Dislike x 5
stopincest
Rank Image
Offline
Joined:
30th Jan 2011
Longevity:
0%
Location:
Unspecified
Posts:
17
Gender:
Brother
Reputation:
-534
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd February 2011 20:33
Yasin wrote:
Firstly, it's permissible.

Secondly, forcing this on anyone is not right.

Thirdly, it is not incest in Islam. Only to the west. Oddly enough, they're fine with gay and lesbian marriages.

And finally, the practice of asian familes to keep it within is shameful and Islam does not have any part in it.

InshaAllah when you have proper information on this topic and knowledge of the Islamic rulings, you can comment further if you still have issues with it.

I have also changed your subject line from "Cousin marriage is INCEST, Don't Do it" to "I'm not comfortable with cousins marrying"


Why does permissible mean must for muslims and Pakistanis?

Most of the forced marriages in the UK are to cousins in the Bradford area

Changing the subject title does not change the fact that cousin marriage is INCEST
report post quote code quick quote reply
Dislike x 5
Bad Spelling x 1
stopincest
Rank Image
Offline
Joined:
30th Jan 2011
Longevity:
0%
Location:
Unspecified
Posts:
17
Gender:
Brother
Reputation:
-534
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd February 2011 20:44
ummi taalib wrote:
stopincest wrote:
Please stop this sick corrupt practice of incest cousin marriage if you want to save your future generations


Please think carefully...you are calling something which is permissible in Islam, "sick and corrupt". Quite dangerous for one's imaan


It's allowed in Christianity as well but do we see may christens doing it NO because they have moved on from it Muslims have not and if they don't they will become history and they will only have there selfs to blame for it

It is sick and corrupt no matter what any religon says

report post quote code quick quote reply
Dislike x 6
abu mohammed
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
Joined:
6th Oct 2008
Longevity:
28%
Location:
London
Posts:
14539
Gender:
Brother
Reputation:
3762
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd February 2011 21:51
Who said permissable means "MUST". Dont put words into peoples minds. If Allah has made something permissable, than it is forbidden for us to make it impermissable.

It is permissable to pray Tahajjud at night, Do you? if permissable is a MUST in your books?

Science will try to do any thing to prove even a single point of Islam to be incorrect. So what, We Believe, and thats it. We dont need Science to prove it.

Christians dont marry within the family because they are obsessed with girls in the pubs and night clubs, they end up either marrying them or they have kids and disappear.

Islam forbids Incest, so whats the point about discussing as if it is a Muslim problem.

From most of your comments on other posts, it seems that you are not comming from a muslim background or you are totaly mislead with a corrupted view of Islam and Muslims.

I'm sorry if it seems a little harsh, but all your posts look like want to create fitna.

If I am wrong then I appologies in advance.
report post quote code quick quote reply
Like x 7
Muadh_Khan
Rank Image
Muadh_Khan's avatar
Offline
Joined:
1st Feb 2008
Longevity:
40%
Location:
UK
Posts:
4949
Gender:
Brother
Reputation:
5173
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd February 2011 21:56

"stopincest" wrote:
"ummi taalib" wrote:
"stopincest" wrote:
Please stop this sick corrupt practice of incest cousin marriage if you want to save your future generations
Please think carefully...you are calling something which is permissible in Islam, "sick and corrupt". Quite dangerous for one's imaan
It's allowed in Christianity as well but do we see may christens doing it NO because they have moved on from it Muslims have not and if they don't they will become history and they will only have there selfs to blame for it It is sick and corrupt no matter what any religon says

Lets breathe and think about this.

  1. Cousin marriages are not defined as Incest in Islam
  2. Cousin marriages are not defined as Incest in Britain
  3. Cousin marriages are not defined as Incest in European Law.

What's your point?

report post quote code quick quote reply
Like x 9
abu mohammed
Rank Image
abu mohammed's avatar
Joined:
6th Oct 2008
Longevity:
28%
Location:
London
Posts:
14539
Gender:
Brother
Reputation:
3762
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd February 2011 22:01

"Muadh_Khan" wrote:

"stopincest" wrote:
"ummi taalib" wrote:
"stopincest" wrote:
Please stop this sick corrupt practice of incest cousin marriage if you want to save your future generations
Please think carefully...you are calling something which is permissible in Islam, "sick and corrupt". Quite dangerous for one's imaan
It's allowed in Christianity as well but do we see may christens doing it NO because they have moved on from it Muslims have not and if they don't they will become history and they will only have there selfs to blame for it It is sick and corrupt no matter what any religon says

Lets breathe and think about this.

  1. Cousin marriages are not defined as Incest in Islam
  2. Cousin marriages are not defined as Incest in Britain
  3. Cousin marriages are not defined as Incest in European Law.

What's your point?

Thank you. The Quran has set out the laws as to who one may marry and the ones that are forbidden in Islam. These rules apply world wide and it is not incest.

report post quote code quick quote reply
Like x 2
Yasin
Yasin's avatar
Joined:
9th Sep 2004
Longevity:
100%
Location:
London, UK
Posts:
4371
Gender:
Brother
Reputation:
626
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd February 2011 23:24
stopincest wrote:

Why does permissible mean must for muslims and Pakistanis?

Most of the forced marriages in the UK are to cousins in the Bradford area

Changing the subject title does not change the fact that cousin marriage is INCEST


It is just as easy to use your "personal opinions" to act like you've answered anything we said. As Muadh clearly put, "what's your point"?

I said, "It's permissible"
You asked, "Why does permissible mean must for muslims and Pakistanis?"

I don't see, read or hear anyone saying "MUST" - Mediocre reporters do this. They twist and mix and put false accusations and state them as facts. May Allah help you, honestly.

------------------
Secondly I said, "Forcing this on anyone is not right" along with if it goes on then it's not part of Islam so how do you come to the conclusion that it's Muslims? Because of your local area? Because you know 2 or 3 stories? Or because you read it or saw it on TV?

You ignored it though! I do hope you're not just here to cause Fitnah.

------------------

I also couldn't help but feel for your naivety when you said,
Quote:
There are studies which prove this


Well, since you follow studies and believe them to be hard accurate fool-proof facts, here's some facts for you too (all studies and historical facts)

Hasan & Husain (Radhiyallahu 'Anhumaa) were 2 of the most greatest individuals in so many ways, no need to go into details. Their parents were also cousins

Just in case you put it down to Islam, here's some non-Islamic names since it sounds like that's what you prefer:

Albert Einstein, his kids were "geniuses" (note the quotes)
If you're in the UK then be careful because Queen Victoria also married first cousin
An estimated study shows that 20 percent of married couples in the world are first cousins
History shows that 80 percent were first cousins - I'm just wondering why 80% of the population are not mental, physically challenged or confused in education since you believe that's what it causes?

In fact, do you want to know a more recent "study"
Current studies indicate that cousin couples have a lower ratio of miscarriages -- perhaps because body chemistry of cousins is more similar. According to your reasons, this study now means that marrying anyone else except for cousins is incest.

And finally, for now, the most shocking "study" which will probably make you incest too:
No two people are more distantly related than 50th cousins. Hence, genetically we are all cousins
------------------

As for the title, I will put it another way for you if it helps:
Please have a little shame and some respect for other readers, towards your Lord and for his Deen. Do not state something which is made permissible on mankind to be incest as your faulting Allah and reaching the border's of Kufr as Allah is Perfect, his decree is final and anyone who tries to change the words of Allah. (Refer to the Qur'aan 10:64, 6:34 are just 2 examples to help you)


I was under the impression that this practice has stopped or at least gone down a little. By all means, you can have an issue with forced marriages as ALL good knowledgeable and practicing Muslims are firmly against forced marriage

I do apologise if I was harsh in any of my words but the truth is always harsh no matter how lightly it's put when it contradicts your firm beliefs. But to turn it into what you have is just laying down the red carpet for Shaytaan. Please be careful.
report post quote code quick quote reply
Like x 6
Guest-34450
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd February 2011 23:28
great said brother yasin.
report post quote code quick quote reply
stopincest
Rank Image
Offline
Joined:
30th Jan 2011
Longevity:
0%
Location:
Unspecified
Posts:
17
Gender:
Brother
Reputation:
-534
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd February 2011 23:40
abu mohammed wrote:
Who said permissable means "MUST". Dont put words into peoples minds. If Allah has made something permissable, than it is forbidden for us to make it impermissable.

It is permissable to pray Tahajjud at night, Do you? if permissable is a MUST in your books?

Science will try to do any thing to prove even a single point of Islam to be incorrect. So what, We Believe, and thats it. We dont need Science to prove it.

Christians dont marry within the family because they are obsessed with girls in the pubs and night clubs, they end up either marrying them or they have kids and disappear.

Islam forbids Incest, so whats the point about discussing as if it is a Muslim problem.

From most of your comments on other posts, it seems that you are not comming from a muslim background or you are totaly mislead with a corrupted view of Islam and Muslims.

I'm sorry if it seems a little harsh, but all your posts look like want to create fitna.

If I am wrong then I appologies in advance.



Permissable means MUST for the Pakistani Muslims

Science has done much much more then any religon could ever do people use to die of flu but not any more thanks to Science no thanks to any religion

Its good that Christians don't marry within the family there will be less chance of them having a disabled child

I read that Islam allows marriage with aunt if the uncle has divorced her that is incest and so is cousin marriage so incest is a Muslim issue but is hidden away

I am Muslim but I am ashamed to be

report post quote code quick quote reply
Like x 1
Dislike x 6
stopincest
Rank Image
Offline
Joined:
30th Jan 2011
Longevity:
0%
Location:
Unspecified
Posts:
17
Gender:
Brother
Reputation:
-534
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 3rd February 2011 23:45
Yasin wrote:
stopincest wrote:

Why does permissible mean must for muslims and Pakistanis?

Most of the forced marriages in the UK are to cousins in the Bradford area

Changing the subject title does not change the fact that cousin marriage is INCEST


It is just as easy to use your "personal opinions" to act like you've answered anything we said. As Muadh clearly put, "what's your point"?

I said, "It's permissible"
You asked, "Why does permissible mean must for muslims and Pakistanis?"

I don't see, read or hear anyone saying "MUST" - Mediocre reporters do this. They twist and mix and put false accusations and state them as facts. May Allah help you, honestly.

------------------
Secondly I said, "Forcing this on anyone is not right" along with if it goes on then it's not part of Islam so how do you come to the conclusion that it's Muslims? Because of your local area? Because you know 2 or 3 stories? Or because you read it or saw it on TV?

You ignored it though! I do hope you're not just here to cause Fitnah.

------------------

I also couldn't help but feel for naivety when you said,
Quote:
There are studies which prove this


Well, since you follow studies and believe them to hard accurate fool-proof facts, here's some facts for you too (all studies and historical facts)

Hasan & Husain (Radhiyallahu 'Anhumaa) were 2 of the most greatest individuals in so many ways, no need to go into details. They're parents were also cousins

Just in case you put it down to Islam, here's some non-Islamic names since it sounds like that's what you prefer:

Albert Einstein, his kids were "geniuses" (note the quotes)
If you're in the UK then be careful because Queen Victoria also married first cousin
An estimated study shows that 20 percent of married couples in the world are first cousins
History shows that 80 percent were first cousins - I'm just wondering why 80% of the population are not mental, physically challenged or confused in education since you believe that's what it causes?

In fact, do you want to know a more recent "study"
Current studies indicate that cousin couples have a lower ratio of miscarriages -- perhaps because body chemistry of cousins is more similar. According to your reasons, this study now means that marrying anyone else except for cousins is incest.

An finally, for now, the most shocking "study" which will probably make you incest too:
No two people are more distantly related than 50th cousins. Hence, genetically we are all cousins
------------------

As for the title, I will put it another way for you if it helps:
Please have a little shame and some respect for other readers, towards your Lord and for his Deen. Do not state something which is made permissible on mankind to be incest as your faulting Allah and reaching the border's of Kufr as Allah is Perfect, his decree is final and anyone who tries to change the words of Allah. (Refer to the Qur'aan 10:64, 6:34 are just 2 examples to help you)


I was under the impression that this practice has stopped or at least gone down a little. By all means, you can have an issue with forced marriages as ALL good knowledgeable and practicing Muslims are firmly against forced marriage

I do apologise if I was harsh in any of my words but the truth is always harsh no matter how lightly it's put when it contradicts your firm beliefs. But to turn it into what you have is just laying down the red carpet for Shaytaan. Please be careful.



Read these
www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23870102-birth-de...

www.channel4.com/microsites/D/Dispatches/when_cousins_mar...






report post quote code quick quote reply
Dislike x 2
Back to top Post New Topic Reply

 

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:


In the above image: What colour is the text 'ABC' written in?