Tafsir al-Kashani.

You have contributed 16.7% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 13th September 2016 23:32
As-Salaam alaikum,
it is my pleasure to call your attention to the attached copy of 'TAFSIR AL-KASHANI', being a work on Tafsir of the Holy Qur'an by Sheikh Abdulrazzaq al-Kashani, may Allah be Merciful to him. This Tafsir is approached from the perspective of the saying of the Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, that: "No Ayat of the Qur'an has been sent down except that it has an exterior (zahir) and an interior (batin), with every letter (harf) having a limit (hadd); every limit a look-out (muttala).".. as the Sheikh explains in the course of the Tafsir. Enjoy it.

Many Regards.
kashani.pdf
Downloads: 0
    [4315.17 kB]
report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 14th September 2016 04:09
Removed by authorizer.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 14th September 2016 15:45
As-Salaam alaikum,
I have just noted that the file referred to in the above topic I posted has been removed by "authorizer". For what reason was the file removed? This is NOT stated. The file, Sheikh Abdulrrazaq al-Kashani's Tafsir of the Holy Qur'an, may not be palatable to the authorities of the Forum, hence it was removed. As NO reason was offered for its removal, one may venture and think that may be because that work highlighted mystical or esoteric approach towards explaining the Holy Qur'an, some may not like it one bit.

This reminds us of the observation of Imam Abu Hurairah, may Allah be pleased with him, [ as reported by Imam Abu Hamid al-Ghazzali, in his IHYA-ULUM AL-DIN] to the effect that he has "preserved from the Messenger of Allah, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, 2 vessels of knowledge, one from which I have freely given you, but were I to disseminate what is the other, this throat would be cut off".

For those readers who still would want to see a copy of this great commentary on the Holy Qur'an (TAFSIR AL-KASHANI), search for it elsewhere. It was published by the: Royal Aalal-Bayt Institute for Islamic Thought.
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 14th September 2016 16:30
Quote:
As-Salaam alaikum,
I have just noted that the file referred to in the above topic I posted has been removed by "authorizer". For what reason was the file removed?

The original post remains untouched. I have not removed anything from it.

The second post has been removed and the username edited as it made use of unwanted language by a spammer!
+0 -0Agree x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 14th September 2016 22:52
Just had a browse of the Translation of this Tafseer on the mentioned website.... The Quality of the English, is not very fluid very difficult to read I could not get past the Tafseer of Bismillah but forced myself to read till Alhamdulillah. It comes across as Translated by someone who learnt English as a second language, but is trying to use antiquated English words in order to sound more sophisticated. Who on earth uses Words like "specificities and ipseities", I actually had to look these words up, I thought the Translator had made them up. The structure of the sentences is very poor, as well and confusing.

I think the Jordanian institute should have done a better job by hiring the best translators when having this work translated.

The fact it is a rare Tafseer , makes the poor translation even more disapponiting...essentially we need a Translator for the Translation. The following is an excerpt

"...To Him and His what-ness, exalted be He, pre-eternally and sempiternally, as befits Him in His Essence at the beginning stage and at the end stage and in-between the two at the stage of union (maqām al-jamʿ), belongs all praise by the differentiated tongues, absolutely...."

What is the Biography of Kashani? was he sunni or shia?
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 15th September 2016 03:23
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

The Tafsīr seems to be from the shī'ah, twelver shī'ah at that.

So, maybe it was a good thing that it was translated poorly and the link removed.
+0 -0Agree x 2

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What part of the day is the background image (it's not day)?