Forum Menu - Click/Swipe to open

Top Members

The Distinguishing Character of the Nation of Islam

You have contributed 38.9% of this topic

Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
To appreciate this topic, click 'Appreciate Topic' on the right.
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2016 13:01
Hayat-ul-Muslimeen

Hayat-ul-Muslimeen, Life of Muslims, is perhaps the pinacle of Hazrat Ashraf Ali Sahab Thanwi (RA)'s books.

This is extraction of teachings of Islam that would appeal to the modern mind for the formalism is approached in that manner.

The last chapter in that book has the title that I am using as the heading of this thread.

I end up on this topic because of my personal journey.

Having born and brought up in India this sinner faced that inevitable situation where the best of the national environment presented the preposition of perennilism. All religions are right, they say.

Above mentioned chapter is an anti-thesis of this perennial assertion.

This chapter asserts that Muslims have to strive to distinguish themselves from others.

From the current situation in the world in general and India in particular this is a shocking assertion. It simply means that Muslims will never completely mix with others. Worse still, they have to strive to keep a distinct profile.

This might look very unnerving yet it is true.

The alarming situation can be put to some rest only if we know the truth in detail.

We can live amicably with others and Islam does not rule out that.
But it completely shields and protects our way of life from all external influences.

Here is that chapter in the doc format.

Two or three personal experiences should be mentioned here to outline my personal journey to this conclusion.

(1) One of the 'Aamal of the two Eids is that we return home after Wajib two unit prayers in Eidgah by a route that is different from the one we took to to go there.

Reason? To impress upon non-Muslims our strength.

(2) Some of our brothers were witness to and some even participated in discussions with that Australian atheist called Russel. He simply listened to our sweet, amicable and friendly arguments for a long time. after that he simply started rejecting them out of hand.

This was reveling for this sinner. faith is after all blind, even for atheists. It is not only impervious to reason, logic and argument but even to empirical reality. After all faith is about unseen reality.

Faith is also impervious to friendly disposition. People will not believe jsut because we behave nicely with them.

Clearly we ourselves have to develop a certain amount of resistence towards these characteristics that do not work onnon-Muslims.

Isolating our way of life from them is one way.

Hazrat Thanwi (RA) does that in above linked chapter using the noble qur'an and Hadith.

(3) I have spend last one and half a year on Facebook with mostly secular Hindus. many of them are liberals and some even communists. A few are religious. These are all sweet people for I simply did not waste my time with Modi supporters.

It turns out that the very topic that as a Muslim I would like to live my life completely according to Islam can not be simply breached with my friends.

I resisted making fun of the principles of Hinduism but my friends would criticize many principles of Islam and expected that I shall be fine with that. I was not and that is a clear indication towards what Allah swt says in the noble Qur'an. Non-believers will never stop encroaching upon your beliefs till you become like them.

That is the crude and unpleasant reality. It will be silly to ignore that.

I must warn that to begin with this realization presents before us the most difficult path towards Islam.
yet I advocate this route because once you take this route all the hurdles that will come subsequently will be less dounting and cumbersome.

And the ability, capability and opportunity to do anything is from Allah swt only.
report post quote code quick quote reply
+1 -0
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2016 13:49
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Well the so-called progressive, modernist liberal groups, are being heavily funded by the governments across the western world, and they are even opening approaches, in the muslim world. The notorious anti-Islam Quilliam foundation even has a branch in Pakistan called 'Khudi foundation' there are plans to franchises across muslim countries.

The Qadianis have recently started getting a lot more media coverage, and every other type of deviant group that undermines Islam is being heavily promoted.

The key objective is to take away the religious identity of the Muslims, until there are no distinguishing difference between Muslims and non Muslims. This was a vision outlined by former British Foreign secretary
Jack Straw over a decade ago. "The Evolution of Islam that is European in its character and Flavour".

On a side note I see that the much maligned Maulana Wahidudin Khan, whose views to put it mildly were considered to be rather eccentric and modernist in nature and who has been traditionally shunned and isolated from the mainstream, was guest of honour at a peace conference in UAE
attended by muslim Scholars and luminaries from around the world. Ironically Maulana sahibs views in todays world and in comparison to the progressive groups seem very traditional and orthodox.

The dangers are that within then next few decades the modernist movement will be fully main stream, and all forms of Islamic tradionalism will be demonised even in muslim countries as being backward and archaic.

+1 -0Like x 1Agree x 1
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 17th January 2016 14:19
May Allah protect us and our future generations
Ameen
+0 -0Ameen x 3
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 19th January 2016 12:00
Quote:
This was a vision outlined by former British Foreign secretary
Jack Straw over a decade ago. "The Evolution of Islam that is European in its character and Flavour".

Abd Rahman, could you point me in the direction of where I can find this outline? I have tried to google it, but can't find much.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 19th January 2016 12:16
Abdur Rahman ibn Awf wrote:
View original post

Wahiudeen khan was given a peace award when he is heavily refuted by the 3 schools of the indopak subcontinent; deobandi, brelvi and ahle hadith. He was also invited to RIS this year. Modernists are becoming mainstream due to government support.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 19th January 2016 15:00
Ryder wrote:
View original post

Those are not his exact words, I was writing from Memory the speech was made in 2002 see the last paragragh of his speech below and here is the link to the full speech, ..... www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=8...

At the same time, too many within the younger generation appear to show an unwillingness to integrate into mainstream British society. Together with Muslim leaders, we must do more to counter the influence of fundamentalists over disenchanted Muslim youth. Democrats can never accept that religious injunctions take precedence over temporal laws.

As British Muslims-and their European counterparts-become more and more integrated into the fabric of our democracies, we may over time see the emergence of a distinctly European Islam, just as, for example, Bosnia’s Muslim population has always had its own distinct traditions. Not for nothing was Sarajevo known, until the 1990s, as a city of great tolerance where the majority of the Muslim population lived alongside Catholics, Jews and Orthodox Christians. Many of the city’s Jewish population were the descendants of Jews expelled from Spain in 1492. Not only is that city a model for British Muslims, its promotion of tolerance and respect is a model for all Europeans.

A Couple of points to note, Jack straws recent views are openly hostile towards Islam and muslims. The Irony he was voted in at every election by The Muslim community in Blackburn, even when his views being expressed towards muslims were questionable the Muslim elders still backed him. As they say you reap what you sow.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 20th January 2016 09:54
Integration Talk

The west in general is very suspicious of Islam and Muslims.
This is the old burden from Prophetic days that they bear.
Once the west gave the Christian religion a boot from their life their hostility towards Islam must have ceased.
That is still not the case.
They are quite hostile to Islam and Muslims still.

This integration paradigm we so often hear is a manifestation of that old paranoia.

They take it for granted that Muslims living in western lands should seemlessly integrate with the western society.
They still can keep some identity but that must be completely subservient to western values.

This deal is an unfair one in spite of all western propaganda and pretention to the contrary.
The open hostility towards Hijab in france, gender segregation in all of west and near complete hostility towards Shariah are taken as right things by the west.

Islamic deal on the other hand is much fair.
The call of no compulsion in religion completely ensures independence of the value system of the dhimmies.
The only requirement is that there should not be any betrayal towards overwhelming the Islamic way of life or ruling system.

The west has still not given us that deal. they want complete integration.

A Hindu friend visiting Shia country of Iran told me that after revolution the government there has given free hand to Christians to make and sell liquor in their own community. The result is that even those Christians who had left Iran in 1979 have come back and are florishing in their trade.

We Muslims never raise our voice over so many un-Islamic taxes in western lands.
At least at the level of argument this topic should be breached because only then it will be communicated to the western people that our deal is better than theirs.
No post ratings
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 20th January 2016 10:09
Br @Maripat
In India.
1. Muslims, the youth returning to their Islamic identity hurts them the most in India.
2. Muslims' global integrity hurts them.

They want the above character in their community. They can't, envy and then go wild.

This is from many practical experiences.
No post ratings
Rank Image
Gham-o-Huzn
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 20th January 2016 10:18
Anonymous wrote:
View original post

Let us talk about it in little bit more detail brother.

No post ratings
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 20th January 2016 10:36
Maripat wrote:
View original post

Some time back Khushwant singh wrote about changes in Muslim community across states where ganga flows. He compared the change with his earlier visit. He could not get the reason behind the change. Even though muslims are being persecuted in these states.

Recently a friend was asking me why do he see many youth sporting beards and hijab, youth visiting masjid, youth praying at work place in large number.

So fanatics Envy this, get into frustration, go wild.

I share a quote by Dr Nadir Ali Khan DB "Hamari kamiyabi peechhe jaane mein hain, aur peechhe sahabah ki saf mein jaa milna hai"
+0 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 20th January 2016 11:22
Guest-124472 wrote:
View original post

Brother keep posting on this forum. Very interesting as well. I have noticed this as well. After 9/11 the persecution of the Muslims increased but also many Muslims started taking religion seriously. A lady at my work place was once saying that in her central asian country there are more practicing people and this is strange behaviour that has never been seen before. I replied it was seen before but the Russians and communists wiped it out so people are just naturally returning to their roots.
No post ratings
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 20th January 2016 15:37
london786 wrote:
View original post

I recall saying of qazi Mujahidul Islam RA

"Islam mein lachak hai, jitna dabaoge utna hi ziadah ubhar ke aayega"

Islam has resilence (sprint action). The more you press, it returns with higher force.

Decades back masajid were near empty, after demolition of babri masjid, the number of masajid have multiplied, many were expanded as they could not accommodate musallees. A muslim feels proud with spending on masjid. Many musallahs at business centres, salah with congregation at work place.

Mostly boys from poor families were taking hifz/aalim courses. Now many brilliant, elite, rich families are sending their children to madrasah for hifz/aalim course. Many are parallel with hifz and secular education. or break in their secular education get aalim course and then return to be a doctor/engineer/chartered accountant. 2/3 years Deeniyath course for young girls after completion of secular degrees.

This is what is visible, the invisible change, Allah knows best.

Allah nazr-e-bad se bachaye Aameen.
+0 -0Like x 1
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 20th January 2016 15:45
We used to pray salah in open at airport. Now there are prayer hall with ablution facility. You see a symbol of man sitting in qaida position at "airport facility information". Alhamdulillah.

+0 -0Like x 1
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 20th January 2016 16:55
I heard from a scholar. When he visited a Russian state, he heard the best quran of his life from the local children. On inquiry it came to his knowledge that no where in the state, a quran copy was available. Teachers were teaching THE best quran through their memory. I place these teachers above teachers in Deoband or Jamia Azhar.

Also I consider their offering of salah in hidden chambers better than one in hateem or riyadul jannah.

Once when a jamaat visited a place in china, a scene was created like when Rasululah SAS entered madeenah. Children were lined up on both side of road and they were singing the same poem "tala badru alaina".
How many of our children in India or Arab world have memorise this poem?? But the persecuted muslim children have this in their memory.
+0 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
Unspecified
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 20th January 2016 19:41
Anonymous wrote:
View original post

This is amazing (hamd) (masha)

Thorughout history, it seems the strength of Islam is directly linked to the struggle and sacrifice of the Muslims. The greater the persecution, the greater the struggle and sacrifice the Muslims have to make and in turn the higher this deen rises.
+1 -0Like x 1

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'Remote' written in?