» I am a female, I dont like Beards
4%
2 members | 0 guests
» I'm a man and I dont have a Beard
2%
1 members | 0 guests
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
2ak, Taqwah, umm-e-abdullah, sweetmuslimahk1, rizmalek, member2, ummi taalib, abu mohammed, Seifeddine-M, Yasin, Desi tadka, Taalibah, Arslan., Maria al-Qibtiyya, ibn Ismail, Naqshband66, dr76, byellow200, Jinn, bint e aisha, seeker123
11 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#1 [Permalink] Posted on 11th April 2011 22:15

Salaam,

After the excellent thread started by Sister Ummi Taalib and brilliant post by the other members, I have decided to put all the excellent (As Maulan Yasin Puts it)

"Yasin" wrote:
one topic (thread) with all the stories compiled would be excellent. ......about inspiring Taqwa, gob-smacking answers to islamophobic questions. In fact, I think this topic should continue as it is but about Hijab only. For the other ones, a new topic would be better

I will try to find more inspiring stories regarding the Beard and put them here.

All welcome.

Please keep it clean.

(Not clean shaven, or a stuble)

report post quote code quick quote reply
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#2 [Permalink] Posted on 11th April 2011 22:21
Muadh_Khan wrote:

My first Jamaat, I got stuck with an Arab Jamaat, they didn't speak English & I didn't know Arabic. There was a Shaykh in the Jamaat who was also in charge of a Graveyard, he told me, "Son! I have been burying bodies for 18 years and in my country, some graves get uncovered and I have to rebury them. We have a system where we bury the body and make the face towards the Qiblah and EVERY SINGLE DEAD BODY without a Beard ALWAYS has the face turned away from the Qiblah. I have consistently noted this over 18 years, I am not knowledgeable and don't know whether growing a Beard is Sunnah or Wajib but this is my observation and I can't deny it"

That had more of an effect on me about Beards then entire books put together...

+6 -0Like x 2Winner x 3
Rank Image
London
Brother
#3 [Permalink] Posted on 11th April 2011 22:23

"Muadh_Khan" wrote:
In Iraq it was normal for everyone to be without beards and they used to have a fake Beard in the Mehrab which the Imam used to wear and then lead the Salah. Nizaumuddin Markaz sent the first Jamaat under Maulana Naveed (RA) to Iraq and instructed him to be soft and act with Hikmah!

Maulana Naveed (RA) saw this matter, went forward and SLAPPED THE IMAM on his face and said, “How dare you make FUN of the Sunnah in front of me?, Do you think this is joke?”

Colonel Ameeruddin (HA) was introduced to the work of Tableegh by Maulana Naveed (RA) and he told me this himself!

+3 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#4 [Permalink] Posted on 11th April 2011 22:26
Muadh_Khan wrote:
Shaykh (Maulana) Yusuf Kandhalwi (RA) [2nd Ameer of Tableeghi Jamaat) went to Pakistan and the most senior officials of Pakistani Government came to see him. The Ameer of Pakistan (himself a high ranking civil servant) started introducing "This is the minister for trade, this is the minister of defence..."

Shaykh (Maulana) Yusuf Kandhalwi (RA) got angry and said, "What kind of introduction is this? You might as well say that he is a DOG, he is a PIG...In the time of Rasul-ullah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) people were introduced like, "This is a Sahabi of Bad'r, This is a Sahabi of Uhud, etc...""

This is written in the Biography of Shaykh (Maulana) Yusuf Kandhalwi (RA)

I suggest that no one should try these things in their local Masjid because you have to witness the Taqwa and Ibaadah of these people to see why what they did had such an impact on people.

Amazing people with no fear except Allah (SWT)! Today, because we have forgotten the honour of Islam and Muslimeen we even argue point blank matters which are Sunnah!

[63:8]...And to Allah belongs the honour, and to His Messenger, and to the believers...
+2 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#5 [Permalink] Posted on 11th April 2011 22:30
Seifeddine-M wrote:
Yahya Ibn Kathir says that, once a person from Ajam (external province) who had grown a moustache and shaved off the beard entered the mosque. The Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam asked him, "What motivated you to do this act?" He replied that his Lord (King) had ordered him to do so. The Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam said, "Allah has ordered me to shorten my moustache and lengthen my beard."
+3 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#6 [Permalink] Posted on 11th April 2011 22:32
Seifeddine wrote:
Modern scientists and doctors have realised the benefits of keeping a beard.
One doctor writes, that by continually shaving, the veins of the sight are affected, resulting in failing eyesight. Another doctor writes that a lengthy beard stops harmful germs from reaching the throat and chest. Another goes so far as to say, "If men shaved for seven generations, the men in the eighth generation will have no beards. This means that the sperm gets weaker in every generation, until in the eighth this quality is completely destroyed."
+3 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#7 [Permalink] Posted on 11th April 2011 22:36
Seifeddine-M wrote:
Deviation from the Guidance of the Messenger (salallahu alayhi wa sallam)
There is no doubt that Allah's Messenger (saw) is the best example of a man, both in his appearance and actions.

Allah says:
"There has certainly been for you in the Messenger of Allah an excellent pattern - for anyone whose hope is in Allah and the Last Day, and who remembers Allah often." [An-Nisa' 4:80]
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#8 [Permalink] Posted on 11th April 2011 22:38
Seifeddine-M wrote:
Deviation from the Way of Believers. One must strive to follow the ways of the believers and identify with them.

This is an obligation expressed by Allah:
"Whoever opposes the Messenger, after guidance has become clear to him, and follows other than the way of the 'Believers', We will give him what he has
chosen and let him into Hell: What an evil
destination!"
[an-Nisa 4:115]
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#9 [Permalink] Posted on 11th April 2011 22:41
Seifeddine-M wrote:
Many Muslim men do it in compliance with the practices of the disbelievers! Verily, Allah's Messenger (saw) foretold the truth, as was reported by Abu Said al-Khudri رضي الله عنه, when he (saw), said:
"You will follow the example of those who preceded you, hand-span for hand-span, and arm-length for
arm-length. Even if they entered into a lizard's hole, you would surely enter it!"
He (saw) was asked, "Do you mean the Jews and
Christians?" He (saw) replied, "Who else are the (previous) people?" [Recorded by al-Bukhari, Muslim and others].

No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#10 [Permalink] Posted on 11th April 2011 22:46
abu mohammed wrote:
No Connection with Rasulullah
Rasulullah (SallAllâhu Alayhi Wasallam) said "I have no connection with one who shaves, shouts and tears his clothing eg. in grief or affication." - Reported by Abu Darda (R.A.) in Muslim, Hadith no. 501

+1 -0Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#11 [Permalink] Posted on 11th April 2011 22:48
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#12 [Permalink] Posted on 11th April 2011 22:49
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#13 [Permalink] Posted on 11th April 2011 23:12
Imaam Ibn 'Abd al-Barr said in al-Tamheed: "It is forbidden to shave the beard, and no one does this except men who are effeminate."
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#14 [Permalink] Posted on 11th April 2011 23:14
'Umar ibn al-Khattaab (radiallahu 'anh) rejected the testimony of the person who plucked his beard.
+3 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#15 [Permalink] Posted on 11th April 2011 23:20
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had a thick beard (reported by Muslim from Jaabir).

Allah ('azza wa jal) says:
"Indeed in the Messenger of Allaah (Muhammad) you have a good example to follow for him who hopes for (the Meeting with) Allaah and the Last Day..." [al-Ahzaab 33:21]

- As for the hadeeth, "He used to reduce the length and width (of his beard)" - this is a false and fabricated hadeeth.

See al-'Ilal al-Mutanaahiyah by Ibn al-Jawzi, 2/686

+1 -0Like x 1

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'Yellow' written in?