» I am a female, I dont like Beards
4%
2 members | 0 guests
» I'm a man and I dont have a Beard
2%
1 members | 0 guests
Appreciate
Topic Appreciation
2ak, Taqwah, umm-e-abdullah, sweetmuslimahk1, rizmalek, member2, ummi taalib, abu mohammed, Seifeddine-M, Yasin, Desi tadka, Taalibah, Arslan., Maria al-Qibtiyya, ibn Ismail, Naqshband66, dr76, byellow200, Jinn, bint e aisha, seeker123
11 guests appreciate this topic.
Rank Image
London
Brother
#31 [Permalink] Posted on 12th April 2011 15:56
Many scholars have stated that shaving the beard is Tagyeeru Khalqillah (changing the creation of Allah). Allah mentions in the Holy Quran the promise of Shaitan, "and I will command them (mankind) so they will change the creation of Allah ."" (4:119).

In effect, the one who shaves his beard is obeying the Shaitan.

report post quote code quick quote reply
+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#32 [Permalink] Posted on 12th April 2011 16:03
A lion is a beautiful creation of Allaah, made with a wonderful mane to show its prowess and manhood.

But what would a lion without a mane look like?

That's right, it would look like a lioness!

Nothing wrong with a lioness, its mashallah a beautiful creation of Allah, but it would be wrong for the lion to imitate the lioness.

Now Allaah 'azza wa jal commanded us to keep the beard, mashallah beautifully showing our manhood and Islam to the world, so what does a man look like if he shaves his beard?

He will look like an effeminate and would be sinful in behaviour as the beard is wajib on those men who are able to keep them.
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
London
Brother
#33 [Permalink] Posted on 12th April 2011 16:09

(No EYES).

The King of the Jungle is the Lion.

Remove the hair from the face of the lion and we have a Queen.

+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
London
Brother
#34 [Permalink] Posted on 12th April 2011 16:14
+4 -0Like x 4
Rank Image
London
Brother
#35 [Permalink] Posted on 12th April 2011 22:28
I just went to visit some people, I spent an hour in a small room snuggled up with mostly women.

We all talked amongst our sleves and left before Esha Salaah.

Oops, did I say women, I meant clean shaven men.
What a sad state.
+3 -0Like x 3
Rank Image
London
Brother
#36 [Permalink] Posted on 12th April 2011 22:34
Question:

Should these clean shaven men be in a veil.

Should we lower our gazes or make eye contact with these half men, half women. (Clean shaven men)

Shouldnt they be praying Salah in the last rows behind the men?

+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#37 [Permalink] Posted on 12th April 2011 22:40
In Afghanistan, The Taliban would imprison the men that shaved or trimed their beards.

Their punishment was that they would have to study Islam and stay behind bars until their beards grew full length.

(ref; Dharb-e-Mu'min Newspaper)

by the way, they didnt have a police department enforcing these rules. It was a department called "The department of Amr bil Ma'ruf wan nahi anil munkar"
+3 -0Like x 2Winner x 1
Rank Image
Unspecified
Sister
#38 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2011 08:59
abu mohammed wrote:
I just went to visit some people, I spent an hour in a small room snuggled up with mostly women.

We all talked amongst our sleves and left before Esha Salaah.

Oops, did I say women, I meant clean shaven men.
What a sad state.

Assalaamu 'alaykum
Insha Allah they will be granted hidaayah.
May Allah ta'ala guide the misguided from misguidance and increase the guided in their Imaan, aameen
No post ratings
Rank Image
London
Brother
#39 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2011 10:48
+1 -0Like x 1Winner x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#40 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2011 11:16

"sister-in-islam" wrote:

I am a Muslim but Only by Name A good poem..try to reflect our selves

I am a Muslim but Only by Name

I am a Muslim, but only by name When it comes to practising, what a shame!

I go to friends and relatives in suit and tie

It’s alright if I occasionally lie

Yes I practise, BUT when it suits me

Or more to the point, when it pleases society.

If I show my ankles, they’ll point and laugh

They’ll think it’s too short and reckon I’m daft.

If I trim my moustache and grow the beard

They’ll reckon I’m a fanatic or something weird.

If I wear the sunnah I’ll get great reward

But the Kuffaar will look down on me, that I can’t afford.

Yes I’m a Muslim, but only by name

I make excuses which I admit are rather lame.

Yes I’m a sane man and I’m on the right track

Who am I kidding, I feel like a right jack!

To hide my inferiority complex

I protest it’s unimportant

Though my heart screams to tell me I’m a blatant fraudulent

The best thing is no-one can hear what’s going on inside

People think I’ve got it made and with my life I’m satisfied.

But I’m afraid this is a fable and it’s a pure deception

I have no peace of mind but this I daren’t even mention.

If I remain ignorant it’s OK, ‘cos then I don’t have to practise

Yes I’m conniving and these are baseless evil tactics.

But I read the Kalima and I think I have Imaan

I can’t help my attitude I was placed in a Kufrstaan.

Yes I’m a Muslim but only by name

And with my precious life I’m playing a foolish disastrous game!

+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#41 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2011 11:19
+1 -0Like x 1
Rank Image
London
Brother
#42 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2011 11:36
Muadh_Khan wrote:
Muadh Khan: Asslamo Allaikum

Madkhali: W-Salam Brother

Muadh Khan: What are you calling these Reverts to do?

Madkhali: To follow the Qur'aan and Authentic Hadeeth!

Muadh Khan: (Turning to the Reverts): The book he is referring to was written by an Egyptian Shaykh called "sayyid sabiq" who didn't even have a proper Beard. google and look up his picture!

Madkhali: Yes, he made a mistake in Beard!

Muadh Khan: (Turning to the Reverts) He is telling you to follow a guy who made a mistake in a matter in which there is ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE of opinion amongst any of the Salaf

Madkhali: He made a mistake in this matter

Muadh Khan: He made a mistake in a matter in which there is no difference of opinion so how can I trust him in other matters?

Madkhali: Ignores the argument :-)

Discussion continues...

+3 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#43 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2011 12:27
Length Of The Beard

As far as the length of the beard is concerned, there is no doubt in the fact that the practice of the Mercy of both worlds, the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) and his Companions (Allah be pleased with them all) was that of keeping and growing the beard to at least a fistful.

Abu Ma'mar relates that we asked Khabbab (Allah be pleased with him) whether the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) used to recite the Qur'an in the Zuhr and the Asr prayers. He replied in the affirmative. We said, "How did you come to know of this?" He replied, "From the movement of his beard." (Sahih al-Bukhari1/971 & Sunan Abu Dawud, no. 801)

The Hadith quoted above from Sahih al-Bukhari, wherein Khabbab (Allah be pleased with him) said that, they (sahaba) came to know of the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) reciting in his prayers due to the movement of his beard, is a clear proof of this. One can imagine the length of the Messenger of Allah's beard if the Companions could see it moving from standing behind him in prayers.

Similarly, there are other narrations that clearly state that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) had a very thick and copious beard.

Imam al-Bukhari relates in his "Sahih" from Sayyiduna Abd Allah ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: "Do otherwise than those who ascribe partners to Allah (al-mushrikin): leave beards, and trim moustaches." And Ibn Umar, when he went on Hajj or Umra, would grasp his beard with his hand, and removed what was in excess of it." (Sahih al-Bukhari, 7/206)

Other Companions such as Abu Hurayra and Umar ibn al-Khattab (Allah be pleased with them all) are also reported to have trimmed their beards to a fistful, thus the practice of the Sahaba, who understood the Sunnah more than anyone else, is a clear proof on the permissibility of trimming the beard to a fistful.

The great Hanafi jurist, Imam Ibn Abidin (Allah have mercy on him) states: "when a narrator (Ibn Umar, in this case), does something in contradiction to what he has narrated (the words "leave/grow beards"), it indicates that the original ruling (of not trimming the beard at all) has been superseded (mansukh) by a subsequent one--permitting the beard to be trimmed, in this case. But trimming it when it is already less than a handful is not permissible in the Hanafi school (Ibn Abidin: Radd al-muhtar ala al-durr al-mukhtar, 2/113)

Thus, as also quoted earlier, the Hanafi School is quite clear, in that it is unlawful to trim the beard shorter than a fistful, as mentioned by both Imam al-Haskafi and Imam Ibn Abidin. There is also an opinion in the school that, to trim the excess hair of a fistful is necessary (wajib), although the preferred opinion is that it is recommended (mandub) to trim it to a fistful. (See: Durr al-Mukhtar)

The Maliki School is also quite clear in that it is impermissible to trim the beard unless it is extremely long. However, they don't restrict this to a fistful.

Imam Shaykh Ali al-Sa'idi al-Adawi (Allah have mercy on him) states:
"There is nothing wrong (in the sense that it is recommended) in trimming the beard if it is exceptionally long.....It will be impermissible to trim it if it was not long enough or was only slightly long. Some commentators (on the risala) explained the meaning of "lengthiness" (kathra) that which is considered to be abnormal, for leaving (such a lengthy beard) causes abhorrence in one's appearance.......I would say: Some commentators have mentioned that trimming the beard when it has not grown (very) long will be unlawful similar to shaving it. But the apparent interpretation (of the text) is that the point of prohibition - as we have already demonstrated to you - is when clipping results in disfigurement (muthla), and this clear in the absence of lengthiness or when it is slightly long and one goes overboard in trimming. As for when it is (very) long and clipping it doesn't produce disfigurement, then the apparently correct interpretation is that it is contrary to what is more appropriate (khilaf al-awla)." (Hashiya of Shaykh Ali al-Adawi on the commentary (sharh) of Imam Abu al-Hasan to the Risala of Ibn Abi Zayd al-Qayrawani, 1/409/410)

Imam al-Qarafi (Allah have mercy on him) states: "From the nature (fitrah) is the lengthening of the beard unless it becomes extremely long (Jiddan), in which case, it would be recommended to trim it." (al-Zakhira, 13/278)

The Shafi'i school, which is the most liberal on the beard issue, states that it is disliked (makruh) to trim the beard.

Imam al-Nawawi (Allah have mercy on him) states: "The correct opinion is that it is disliked to trim the beard unrestrictedly (mutlaqan), rather, it should be left uncut however it grows." (al-Majmu', 1/290)

Imam Ibn Hajar (Allah have mercy on him) says in his Tuhfa: "The outward purport (dhahir) of what our imams say is that it is unconditionally disliked to trim the beard." (Tuhfat al-Muhtaj, 9.376)

The Hanbali School mentions that to leave the beard is necessary, and permissible to trim it to a fistful. (See: Kashaf al-Qina', 1/75)

The upshot of all of the above is that, all the four schools of Islamic law regard the trimming of the beard less than a fistful as blameworthy (unlawful, according to the three schools and disliked according to the Shafi'i school). Thus, one should not trim his beard less than a fistful.

Scholars and those associated to Da'wa work must take extra care with regards to this. Even if trimming the beard less than a fistful is considered to be disliked, it is unfitting for a person active in Islamic work to involve himself in such a practice, for a person is more effective with his actions than his words.

Some individuals try to justify the shaving of the beard using many excuses, such as, it could be an obstacle in the way of effective Da'wa, etc, but these excuses are just that. When we have the clear guidance from the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace), then there is no other way for us other than that of the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace)

If the service to Islam and Muslims is done with adherence to the laws of Shariah, then one will be rewarded. However, service to Islam and the Muslims, whilst forgoing the injunctions of Islam is neither effective nor acceptable by Allah Almighty.

Consider the following incident recorded by Imam Ibn Kathir in his al-Bidaya wa al-Nihaya, Imam al-Tabari in his Tarikh and Imam Ibn al-Athir in his al-Kamil fi al-Tarikh: "When the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) wrote a letter to the King of Persia (kisra) inviting him to Islam, he (kisra) tore the latter apart and then sent two of his people to the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace). When they entered onto the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace), their beards were shaven and they had grown a big moustache, the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) disliked to even look at them, and said; "Who commanded you to do this?" They replied that their Lord (kisra) had ordered them to do so. The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said, "But my Lord has ordered me to shorten my moustache and lengthen my beard...." (al-Bidaya Wal-Nihaya, 4/269/270)

In the above episode, the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) disliked even to look at the Messengers of Kisra, for they had grown their Moustaches and shaved off their beards. This should serve as a great deterrent for all those who do not want to hurt the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) in any way, and thus abstain from any practice that would be disliked by him.

Mufti Muhammad ibn Adam al-Kawthari

+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#44 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2011 12:43
Posted on 20th July 2007 12:36
Subject: The beard

Zainab wrote:

I came to eat dinner in my halls of residence one day last year when two sisters started laughing at me; I had some food stuck in my beard. They went on to innocently and honestly mock my beard saying it was messy, unnatural and unhygienic. Little did they know the rage that I felt as a result of this and I channelled this rage by unleashing my anger through my pen and out came this poem.

Let me remind you all not to be offended as this is no fatwa or religious statement - just a poem that spontaneously was produced as a result of my unfortunate experience...

Tushar (12th March 2001)

Glorified be He who beautifies women with long locks of hair And Men with long beards There is beauty in the beard Aye, there is beauty in the beard! When the lion roars all the animals submit? For the lion is the king of the jungle The lion with its glorious mane And a Muslim man grows his mane in pride Showing the rest of humanity that he is to be respected Can one imagine a lion without its mane? Nay, thou canst not! Then imagine a man without his beard

Woe to worldly women who mock the beards so! Desiring husbands with clean shaven faces Woe to women who mock the Prophets Sunnah In the name of hygiene, neatness and smooth texture Indeed the women of this world cannot like the beard But she who wants Paradise adores the beard!

A beard is a gift given to man Something only he can grow; a woman never can! When he ponders, he gently strokes it; When he eats, it stores food; When he is with kids, they play with it adoringly; When he is with his wife, she fondles it lovingly; When the enemy see it, fear is struck in their hearts!

Ah! there is indeed beauty in the beard! All the Prophets had beards - yes they did! Muhammad had a beard - so big! so big! All the companions had beards - o yes! o yes! All the sages had beards - I know! I know! All the wise have beards - tis true! tis true! All the pious have beards - you see! you see! All the Muslims have beards!? - if only! if only! Who did not have beards? The kafirun! Who had clean shaven faces? The kafirun! Who grew their moustaches? The kafirun!

"And what did our Prophet order?" I here you ask He ordered us to lengthen the beard and trim the moustache! Lengthen the beard and trim the moustache! What greater reason that this can there be The fact that our Prophet told us to see That we make ourselves appear to the world As full bearded men with honour untold O Muslim brother! Why do you desire to look like a woman When your blessed facial hair is the difference between you and the opposite gender?

O poor Muslim brother! Why do you imitate the kafir Instead of following the Prophet of Islam? O silly Muslim sister! Why are you so blind? Infatuated with Bollywood actors who have no mind! O wretched sister! Are you not scared of your choice? You would rather have a feminine monkey instead of an exalted manly ape!

So indeed I love my beard And adore the curls and tangles Which no oil, gel or superglue can ever straighten My glorious long, curly, messy, fluffy beard! The playhouse for kids; The envy of Malaysian people And the beloved of Allah! I maybe rejected by worldly women because of this hair on my face But who cares! For my Mum loves it and she puts all such sisters to disgrace! Be patient Muslim brothers, who shun the trendy look for a Prophetic pose Paradise with the wide eyed Houris is our final abode!!!!!"

+2 -0Like x 2
Rank Image
London
Brother
#45 [Permalink] Posted on 13th April 2011 12:52

"bint Mohammed" wrote:

THE PIOUS HUSBAND

Marriage to him is one half of the deen,
To please Allah سبحانه وتعالى is more than a dream.

He wears his beard for his Lord, to please and obey,
He turns to Allah سبحانه وتعالى for Salah at least five times a day.

He prays in the night and makes sure to wake you,
And strives during daylight to provide and protect you.

He lowers his gaze with firmness because he does not desire,
To displease Allah سبحانه وتعالى and face His just ire,

He asks advice from the ummah, and his wife too,
Before making decisions that he might later rue.

To his wife he is humble and always most kind,
Sharing his burdens with strength and clear mind.

He opens his mouth only to say what is best,
Weighing all options before denying a request.

He takes care of himself and family too
Knowing that Allah سبحانه وتعالى will see them through.

He is a pleasure from Allah سبحانه وتعالى above
Be thankful to Allah سبحانه وتعالى and His blessings through love.

+2 -0Like x 2

Jump to page:

Quick Reply

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What part of the day is the background image (it's not day)?