New blog entry
why prayer is important to muslims?
New blog entry
why prayer is important to muslims?
Ummah Welfare Trust
Bunayyati
Page: «« « 1 2 »»

You have contributed 0.0% of this topic

Please log in to subscribe to this topic, bookmark thread or save posts.
Post New MediaReply Filter by poster  
Topic Appreciation
The following members appreciate this topic: Jannah_male, bint Mohammed, queenie
Jannah_male
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
Quote Post
#16 [Permalink] Posted on 4th March 2012 02:05
Right heres my third message, spoke to the admin (jazakAllah), and should be able to post the link after this message. InshaAllah.
[report post] [quick quote reply]
No post ratings
Site Support
Please DONATE generously towards Muftisays

We spend hundreds of hours ensuring you receive a quality service from this site. We do not fall into the advertisement schemes as all the ads contain elements of Haraam including Haraam Islamic links. Please consider setting up a £1 monthly donation. May Allah (swt) reward you.

Jannah_male
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
Quote Post
#17 [Permalink] Posted on 4th March 2012 02:06
Salaam wa rahmatullah to all brothers and sisters in this forum. I have just registered in this website and would like to make my first contribution.

Here is the youtube link to the nasheed mentioned above inshallah...........

www.youtube.com/watch?v=J54vYZDRwUk&feature=results_main&...

Meantime...keep up the beautiful translation...Ma'assalaam.

M.
No post ratings
Jannah_male
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
Quote Post
#18 [Permalink] Posted on 4th March 2012 02:09
Can the brother/sister who started the translation of Bunayyati please finish it at his/her earliest convenience?

I am waiting with patience and anticiaption for its ending.....:)

May Allah reward you. Ameen.

Akhee M.
No post ratings
Jannah_male
Rank Image
Longevity:
0%
Quote Post
#19 [Permalink] Posted on 4th March 2012 02:51
Allahu Akbar!! I have tried to complete the translation of Bunayyati and have filled in the missing gaps where others have left out. I pray it suffices and renders as true to the original arabic as possible. (I have highlighted the arabic transliteration in Blue so as not to confuse the reader). Taqabbalallah. Enjoy this mesmerising nasheed.

Akhee fillah, Mukim.

Aantom haa kathaa tah tammoona bil awlaad, wa tohmiloona al-fatayaat mojjar ul-kalaam.
Wa illaa, kay tatofssirli antotham al-abyaat bil awlaadi doonanaa.

You are always like this: Busy with the children, whilst neglecting the young girls ..."Thats just talk, otherwise can you explain to me how the verses of poetry are coordinated without us(girls)?"

Bonayyaty, Bonayyaty maqaamohaa fee mohjaty. In kaana ly min fitnahtin fil 3omri, fahiya fitnaty
My Daughter, My daughter, Her status is held in my soul. If there were for me a fitnah in my life, then it is her.

Yaa Fithnatan khallaabatan manahtohaa mahabatee, fa kollohaa baraa2ton,
taqaro minha mokhlatee

O bewitching fitnah, I have donated her my love, for all of her is innocent. Because of her, my eyes settle.

Bonayyaty, Bonayyaty maqaamohaa fee mohjaty. In kaana ly min fitnahtin fil 3omri fahiya fitnaty.
My Daughter, My daughter, Her status is held in my soul
If there were for me a fitnah through my life, then it is her.

Yaa Fithnatan khallaabatan manahtohaa hobatee, fa kollo haa baraa2ton taqaro minhaa mokhlatee
O bewitching fitnah, I have donated her my love, for all of her is innocent. Because of her, my eyes settle.

Wa khotwaton se7reyyaton tansaabo mythl an-nasmaty. Wa 7eena maa tabsomoly, ta2sironee bilbasmaty, ka2anah ma al-dunya asbahat biqabsady
And her footstep are magical, like that of the air/wind. And when she smiles at me, she cheers me up with that smile, and it is as if the whole world would be within my grasp hold/reach.

Abda2o yawmi daa2iman bi qoblatin min taflaty. Li annany a3oodo tiflan ba3da tilka qoblaty.

I begin my day, always with a kiss from my young child. Because I return (back, as) a child after that kiss.

Wa h7eena maa a3oodo min dawaama-tal watheefa wa add khol al-bayt 2araa bonayyaty habeebaty. Qad fathat 2athro3ohaa. Baaba ataa, yaa far7ati
And when I return after the routine of work, and enter the house, I see my daughter, my beloved, already standing with open arms. "Father has come, oh my joy/happiness!"

A7milo binti 3aaliyan biathro3i kal-najmati. Asalohaa man jaa2kom, taqoolo jaa2at jijaty wa jaa2a jadi, Raahsidon wa khaalaty wa 3amaty mahlan. Ay yaa sageeraty, hal ja2a kol al-osraty.
I carry my daughter high in my arms, as if she was a star. I ask her, “who came to visit you?,”
“she says my grandma came, and my grandfather Raashid came, and my (maternal) aunty and my(maternal) uncle.” (I say to her) “Slowly, o my small one, did the whole family come to visit you?”

Wa heena maa agfoo tamaaman ba3da akal kabsaty. Tajee2ony mosri3an tooqithony min gafwaty: baaba kasrto lo3baty.
And upon my falling asleep (nap) after (eating) the dish of kabsa, she comes to me ,
hurriedly, awaking me from my sleep(nap): “father, I broke my doll.”

Wa taaratan taqoolaly baaba nakasto jazmaty.
And sometimes she tells me, "father flip over my boot"

Laakinny anharohaa, an yokhrijy min hujraty.

However, I rebuke her to get out of my room!

Yaalaki min mothiyatin, tarthaa2tin, hayyaa asmoti. Taqoolaly “yaa abaty yaa abaty yaa abaty nagfoo ma3an fil gorfaty.”

“What a troublesome girl you are, bigmouthed, Come hurry up (and go)...But she says to me "oh my father, oh my father...oh my father..fall asleep with me in my room!"

Wa 3inda maa a7milohaa alaa kohoof al-rahmaty, ithaa bihaa tanthoroni: baaba naseeta qisati.

And as I carry her upon (my) palms of mercy, she looks at me (questioningly), “father, have you forgotten my story?” (x2)

Wa 3indamaa 2bda2o hikaayati lilhilwati, hikaayati althi2b al-lathy 2raada al-2kal al-ni3jaty, tanaamo fy 7ijri, fa2thneehaa tijaah al-qiblaty. Thumma 23ood ba3dahaa mostagriqan fy nowmati

And upon beginning my story with delight, the story of the fox that decided to eat the female sheep, she falls asleep in my lap, so I turn her towards the Qiblah. Then I return (after she falls asleep) back to my sleep.

Bonayyaty, Bonayyaty maqaamohaa fee mohjaty. In kaana ly min fitnahtin fil 3omri, fahiya fitnaty

My Daughter, My daughter, Her status is held in my soul. If there were for me a fitnah in my life, then it is her.

Yaa Fithnatan khallaabatan manahtohaa mahabatee, fa kollohaa baraa2ton, taqaro minha mokhlatee

O bewitching fitnah, I have gifted her my love, for all of her is innocent. Because of her, my eyes settle.

Bonayyaty, Bonayyaty maqaamohaa fee mohjaty. In kaana ly min fitnahtin fil 3omri fahiya fitnaty.

My Daughter, My daughter, Her status is held in my soul
If there were for me a fitnah in my life, then it is her.

Yaa Fithnatan khallaabatan manahtohaa hobatee, fa kollo haa baraa2ton taqaro minhaa mokhlatee

O bewitching fitnah, I have gifted her my love. For all of her is innocent. Because of her, my eyes settle.
No post ratings

Page: «« « 1 2 »»

Quick Reply
Username:
  Text Colour:

CAPTCHA - As you are a guest, you are required to answer the following:

In the above image: What colour is the text 'Yellow' written in?